Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

What is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
good stats come in the form of clouds, bad stats come in the form of whatever that is

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

In Training posted:

What is this

unlabelled graph with random points being labeled ftw

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pog boyfriend posted:

gonna need it in the form of a bar graph with each probation date on the X-axis tia

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Somebody grab a master file and set it up in alteryx or tableau and publish the workbook open source

Then the chaos will truly begin

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I have tableau so i could do that p easy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I have tableau so i could do that p easy

Drill down dashboards here we come

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sure will upload it in a few mins

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burt Sexual posted:

Dril down dashboards here we come

Buddy, they don’t even let me gently caress the stats

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://awful.fyi/leper_data.7z

have at it statsgoons

I'll still be adding some pages with most requested stats and definitely happy to do more funny word clouds.

ps. if this is not ok let me know, but the lepers colony doesn't require registration to view so I don't see much of an issue.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Chokes McGee posted:

Buddy, they don’t even let me gently caress the stats

I understand this reference

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Burt Sexual posted:

Drill down dashboards here we come

The new version of tableau is going to have text to dashboard creation

How long before we have a butts vs ban pareto chart

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

stab posted:

The new version of tableau is going to have text to dashboard creation

How long before we have a butts vs ban pareto chart

I’m too dumb to understand any of the first or second sentence. But I support butts

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The year is 2025. Posting is only motivated by the desire to increase the size of various words appearing on the SomethingAwful BI dashboard. It is the most peaceful time in SA history.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BurgerQuest posted:

The year is 2025. Posting is only motivated by the desire to increase the size of various words appearing on the SomethingAwful BI dashboard. It is the most peaceful time in SA history.

I see a lot of documents about PowerBI at work and it always looks like a superhero name but idk what sort of abilities they would have

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
nerds

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Can you list the most popular ban reasons? Also interested in oddly similar ban reasons like "banned for death threats and image leeching".

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not too many death threats it seems.

Leeching has heaps of bans and probes though so I'll see if I can make a page that lets you filter by keywords in reasons without killing your browser.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so where are the stats statsgoons

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

sebmojo posted:

I see a lot of documents about PowerBI at work and it always looks like a superhero name but idk what sort of abilities they would have
They can command the raw power of electricity... but only when there are attractive men and women watching.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
close but no.

anyway. requests?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is it possible to make a wordcloud out of Lowtax posts?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
please make a word cloud for bobbie wickham

e: and xhondarider71x or whatever

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EorayMel posted:

Is it possible to make a wordcloud out of Lowtax posts?

not posts but lowtax ban reasons word count:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Stop loving people another failure

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

BurgerQuest posted:

"never stop just poo poo" :stonk:

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
new lowtax avatar right here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Every week is Trolling Week on these, the most troll-free forums on the internet.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sebmojo posted:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Every week is Trolling Week on these, the most troll-free forums on the internet.

hey guys, finally gonna pull the trigger and troll qcs oh shi

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

BurgerQuest posted:

So it treats an all caps word as different from a lower case word?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BurgerQuest posted:

so where are the stats statsgoons
sorry, was only able to shitpost from my phone last night because I had an infant that refused to go to sleep for the entire evening. At one point I thought she was down for the count, and I managed to get a real fast meme done in paint, but she woke back up like 2 minutes later lol

I'll get that workbook made at some point. I'll post the link to the .twbx when I get a chance today

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 3, 2019

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

Not op, but what it should be is:

Each user is a point in n dimensions, where n is the number of different probation lengths (and bans? Dunno) and each user's value is the number they've given out. So you could be like 100 in the 6 hour, 1 in the 24 hour, 10 in the ban, etc. PCA tries to find common patterns in those dimensions. Like, maybe IKs tend to give a ton of 6ers and bans and nothing in between, old admins usually gave week or month or ban and not much shorter, something like that. The pattern that explains the most variance in the data will be principal component 1, the next principal component 2, and now you can take the n original dimensions and visualize them in just those 2 PC dimensions. Let's say "IKs" and "old admins" were the patterns that were most dominant, now each user being plotted would be how similar they were to the IK style of probes (lots of 6ers, lots of bans, not as much else) on the x axis and how similar they were to the old admin style on the y axis. Points close to each other are users that have similar probe patterns, and that fall in a particular spot on the spectrum of "like IKs" and "like old admins."

Uh, those lines shooting off labeled with the probe durations were probably him trying to show how the principal components related to the actual probe durations, but they're pretty unreadable. So it's tough to tell from that figure what the actual principal components mean in terms of patterns of probations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Tableau users: I threw the .csv into a workbook and uploaded the .twbx here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n8xbxox010uxs2/Leper%27s%20Colony.twbx?dl=0

So far I haven't done anythign with the data at all. I haven't touched Tableau Prep yet so it might be a good excuse to get familiar with that

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

sourdough posted:

Not op, but what it should be is:

Each user is a point in n dimensions, where n is the number of different probation lengths (and bans? Dunno) and each user's value is the number they've given out. So you could be like 100 in the 6 hour, 1 in the 24 hour, 10 in the ban, etc. PCA tries to find common patterns in those dimensions. Like, maybe IKs tend to give a ton of 6ers and bans and nothing in between, old admins usually gave week or month or ban and not much shorter, something like that. The pattern that explains the most variance in the data will be principal component 1, the next principal component 2, and now you can take the n original dimensions and visualize them in just those 2 PC dimensions. Let's say "IKs" and "old admins" were the patterns that were most dominant, now each user being plotted would be how similar they were to the IK style of probes (lots of 6ers, lots of bans, not as much else) on the x axis and how similar they were to the old admin style on the y axis. Points close to each other are users that have similar probe patterns, and that fall in a particular spot on the spectrum of "like IKs" and "like old admins."

Uh, those lines shooting off labeled with the probe durations were probably him trying to show how the principal components related to the actual probe durations, but they're pretty unreadable. So it's tough to tell from that figure what the actual principal components mean in terms of patterns of probations.

this is nonsense

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

this is nonsense

Oh

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

heeheex2 posted:

this is nonsense

It's not, but here's a video explaining it so you don't have to read. The entire series is quite good and very apropos of this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJdH6rPA-TI

E: Skip to 1:26 for example.

klafbang fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 3, 2019

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BurgerQuest posted:

close but no.

anyway. requests?

Any desire to add reg date to the dataset? You could do a lot of fun charts on probation type by reg year over time, longest time til first probation, etc

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

BurgerQuest posted:

Not too many death threats it seems.

Leeching has heaps of bans and probes though so I'll see if I can make a page that lets you filter by keywords in reasons without killing your browser.

I mean could you look up which ban reasons, word for word, are most common. And list like the top 100?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I feel like something could be done to compare site traffic (e.g., https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/somethingawful.com) to probation rate, and see if we're handing out more, the same, or fewer hours of probation per user visit over time

but lol I'm not paying alexa for premium traffic analysis stats