Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Freaking Crumbum posted:

there's rural parts of the country (in PA or TN or somewhere around thereabouts) where the fracking has released highly flammable gasses into the local potable water supply sufficient that you can light the water coming out of your faucet on fire and IIRC the obama admin's response was :shrug: WHAT CAN YOU DO LOL

In a hundred years, we're gonna look back on Obama like we look at Buchanan now: "Holy poo poo, why didn't you do something?!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Neoliberalism is a hell of a drug

Thinking about all the policy dorks getting excited about how they are going to be able to minimax their healthcare insurance under Obamacare

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179502966606352386?s=19

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

when Twitter banned users from changing their name to "Elon Musk" because so many idiots kept falling for bitcoin scams

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

tinstaach posted:

when Twitter banned users from changing their name to "Elon Musk" because so many idiots kept falling for bitcoin scams

Italian Elon Musk

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3SemYQH-8o

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed posted:

This might be a bit obscure, but the time the CFPB was going to have "a broken windows policy for white collar crime" and the loving banks got them to back down by saying "broken windows policing is racist"

Lmao

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It not even making a ripple when the New York times revealed trump inherited 400 mil illegally from daddy and lost most of it

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fox accidentally broadcasting that guy killing himself at the end of the high speed chase

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

this lady has made a brand out of soda-flavored chicken sauce

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2018/11/8/18075928/woman-dips-chicken-fingers-in-soda-slickenfingers-video-knicks

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tulip posted:

yeah, just good illustrations of "it's hard to really think that well about large population numbers" and "the 19th century was really unpleasant in China"

Also fun to think that a strong plurality of what it's meant to be a human being for the last 2000 years can be summed up as "really unpleasant in China".

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

paul_soccer10 posted:

Fox accidentally broadcasting that guy killing himself at the end of the high speed chase

Getoffgetoffgetoffgetoffgetoffit

GET OFF IT

GET OFF IT

GET OFF IT

My name is Doug, and I have mesothelioma

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Not sure if political, but as I was falling asleep I remembered those Asian guys standing in the street punching themselves in the balls and it made me lol heartily

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Whatever happened to the guy who banned trump as they quit their Twitter job?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Also just remembered intelligent design

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

You know, one part I didn't remember from this election night thread was all the posts about Gary Johnson, and making a thing of the number of votes Gary Johnson got being bigger than the margin between Hillary and Trump. Who were these mythical Minnesota/Wisconsin voters who would've voted Democrat if there wasn't a Libertarian on the ballot? Were posters just confusing him with Jill Stein?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

General Dog posted:

You know, one part I didn't remember from this election night thread was all the posts about Gary Johnson, and making a thing of the number of votes Gary Johnson got being bigger than the margin between Hillary and Trump. Who were these mythical Minnesota/Wisconsin voters who would've voted Democrat if there wasn't a Libertarian on the ballot? Were posters just confusing him with Jill Stein?

Rural Minnesotan here. We have a long history of protest voting candidates despite an ideological mismatch, with Jesse Ventura being the best known example, but Dean Barkley being more recent.

Johnson got a bunch of votes from disaffected left of center people (weed and anti-interventionism play well here). Trump's percentage is pretty similar to Romney's, and Trump came in third in the primary here.

Hillary definitely lost more to 3rd party voters than Trump. She lost to Bernie in the primary by 23 points. Stein only got 0.8% more than in 2016, while Hillary got 6.65% less than Obama.

The story is that for every voter Trump found, particularly in rural areas, he lost one to a protest vote (some Johnson, some McMuffin), while Hillary lost probably 5% to protest votes, mostly to Johnson but some to Stein.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

remembering disposable coffins

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guze posted:

remembering disposable coffins

are those the ones stacked up in the FEMA camps that bush was gonna use against dissenters when he initiated the NWO takeover?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

ikanreed posted:

Whatever happened to the guy who banned trump as they quit their Twitter job?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the dot of discoloration on hillary's tongue is one of the side-effects of cannibalism

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

ikanreed posted:

Also just remembered intelligent design

cdesign proponentsists

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Animal-Mother posted:

cdesign proponentsists

Yeah.

But also the lame rear end counter arguments that managed to get popular in the skepticism sphere.

We're still dealing with dumbasses that call themselves "pastafarians". The world will never be free from lovely dialectic

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
easily the funniest thing in the 8th thread is the thought that a republican prez would crash the stock market

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

i cant stop thinking about goofy rear end dukakia in that tank lmfao

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Homeless Friend posted:

easily the funniest thing in the 8th thread is the thought that a republican prez would crash the stock market

Stock market did go down when it became apparent that Trump had won, pretty heavily too from what I remember. It recovered tho once people realized that Trump wasn't making beeline towards the nuke button to blow up the people building windmills next to his golf courses.

Tho that reminded me all the extremely woke 8 year olds dropping twitter truth bombs after the election

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

throw to first drat IT posted:

Tho that reminded me all the extremely woke 8 year olds dropping twitter truth bombs after the election

god i love these

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
even better when they write totally-NOT-parent-dictated notes to Elon musk

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

they guy in the hallway heckling him “you’re gonna loseeee” :haw:

that day kinda went downhill

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Thump! posted:

dukakia lmao

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Don't Taze Me Bro

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
dukkake

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Peak oil

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/644338075527696384

Dec 26, 2012

lmao

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

For hundreds of years it was common wisdom that smoking weed made you a Muslim super soldier.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That being said, those who say that al-Qaida has won against the administration in the White House or that the administration has lost in this war have not been precise, because when one scrutinises the results, one cannot say that al-Qaida is the sole factor in achieving those spectacular gains.

Rather, the policy of the White House that demands the opening of war fronts to keep busy their various corporations - whether they be working in the field of arms or oil or reconstruction - has helped al-Qaida to achieve these enormous results.

And so it has appeared to some analysts and diplomats that the White House and us are playing as one team towards the economic goals of the United States, even if the intentions differ.