Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

Luckily they just animated the encounter, and it's SFW too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pRKz0AFh74

Extremely pro click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Mike Nugent to blow future kicks for the Patriots.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Mike Nugent to blow future kicks for the Patriots.

Good

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He gone

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1179790255865528320?s=19

Nov 6, 2002

Kirk Cousins. Locker room cancer.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Le'Veon Bell has started the revolution.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd be down with a 1st for Diggs to Baltimore. It's probably overpaying, and we definitely have need elsewhere, but I love it when Maryland boys come home. I'd also be down for giving Shaquil Barrett the biggest pass rusher contract in history for the same reason.

You keep your gross, dirty hands off Barrett. He's not going anywhere.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If they're just firesaling the Vikings that's basically it for the FO and Zimmer, right?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

If they're just firesaling the Vikings that's basically it for the FO and Zimmer, right?

Hard to say. Spielman is actually a pretty good GM and drafts fairly well outside of never being able to find a QB. But that's a pretty big problem and many GM's have that same problem.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Diggs is always a minor injury from a massive dropoff in ability.

One of those moments where fantasy is extremely valuable. You're absolutely right.

Nov 6, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Hard to say. Spielman is actually a pretty good GM and drafts fairly well outside of never being able to find a QB. But that's a pretty big problem and many GM's have that same problem.

Cousins isn't great, but he's not going to do much with such a lousy o line.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Cousins isn't great, but he's not going to do much with such a lousy o line.

This is true, the line has definitely been a big issue over the past couple years.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Also doesn't help that they've turned into a run first offense with a ton of capital tied up in their WRs and QB

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't think that's the case at all, because they aren't fire-saling. All indications are that Diggs is just trying to force a trade, they can either go with it or go against it. One factor is that they're extremely thin at wide receiver already

I've been a Cousins defender in the past but I'm pretty disappointed in him so far this season. He has not been playing well, hasn't taken care of the ball, and hasn't hit throws that he needs to hit

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

there are a lot of professions where it's considered exemplary behavior to back the worst of the worst bottom-feeding scum as long as they share your uniform

Cavauro I just want you to know that I saw what you did and I liked it

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1179792455077466113?s=19

Nov 6, 2002

Cavauro posted:

there are a lot of professions where it's considered exemplary behavior to back the worst of the worst bottom-feeding scum as long as they share your uniform

But fandom isn't a profession.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

But fandom isn't a profession.

That was posted in response to Chich. It was a cop joke.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I still don't understand how NFL/College teams just don't go over to Eastern europe and offer to teach these guys how to play football.

Especially some big ten team. Like would you rather spend four years on a US College campus or four years being the 5th best lifter in your weight class or whatever.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Most of these guys don't have the agility/footwork necessary to play line.

Nov 6, 2002

I would think that college wrestling would be a better source.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Most of these guys don't have the agility/footwork necessary to play line.

are you serious.

watch his feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFIynPCc82Y

These are all the best athletes in their countries; it's just that this is the sport they chose to play. Any of these guys could pick up the physical aspects of line play.

fun bonus: traditional russian dance time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ED0IE1SWiE

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Language barrier would also be a pretty big thing to overcome especially trying to understand a new language over crowd noise.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
You would just have to try to keep them from pissing hot every week.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Language barrier would also be a pretty big thing to overcome especially trying to understand a new language over crowd noise.

Cyrillic has X and O, I don't see the problem.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Marklar posted:

You would just have to try to keep them from pissing hot every week.

NCAA doesn’t test for what these guys are on.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
300 lb muscle clean jfc

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s a great analogy Tom settle down

Yeah, it's a great analogy...for me to poop on

WampaLord posted:

Extremely pro click

Ol Jules is pretty good at telling stories. He ought to tell more of them imo video rules

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope Diggs is pulling a "Me or Cousins" ultimatum

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

are you serious.

watch his feet.

He's staying still with a bit of a hop back to reposition weight? How does that translate to quickly moving to keep a rusher off the edge?

At the least, we know he won't get bowled over and he probably would be amazing in run blocking.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Da, I am communications major from Smolensk.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

There is a lot more to the NFL then being an elite athlete.

For example Moritz Bohinger. 6'4" 227

Ran a 4.43 40 and had elite quickness drills for someone that big.

I dont think he ever has ever been active for a regular season game because he just didnt have the reps / skills to translate to the NFL.

Alternatively, look at the absolute physical freaks that are drafted every year that flame out. Football is an incredibly technical game and you have to be stupidly talented as well as a genetic freak to even have a chance on an NFL roster. (K, P, and QB not included)

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

arent a lot of these eastern european and central asian big lifter dudes pretty short

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's why I'm saying some Big 10 school should just grab some when they're 18 and roll the dice.

Like what does Iowa state have to lose

PupsOfWar posted:

arent a lot of these eastern european and central asian big lifter dudes pretty short

All the supers are huge.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1179746611355889664

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

holy loving lol @ the mental gymnastics required to somehow equate "intended to cause serious bodily injury several times" with "oh he's just an unpopular player." is that a loving bit or gimmick post or what? you can't be serious

Do your hypothetical buddies sucker punch random people on the sidewalk? This analogy sucks. If my buddy racked up multiple assault convictions, not only would he not be my "buddy" but neither would anyone that sat there and tolerated that in the friend group

:agreed: completely

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

FizFashizzle posted:

I still don't understand how NFL/College teams just don't go over to Eastern europe and offer to teach these guys how to play football.

I've thought this watching Sumo. You have a lot of Mongolians and Eastern Europe types in Sumo now, and they're beastly. They also have the footwork/hand fighting skills that your average powerlifter might not possess.

Also--I can't believe I'm saying this, but-- pro football is probably healthier for you than sumo.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Also--I can't believe I'm saying this, but-- pro football is probably healthier for you than sumo.

Probably. There is a much smaller chance you piss of the Yakuza and get merc'd.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vengarr posted:

Active sumo wrestlers are actually in incredible shape even with all the fat they're carrying. It's only when they stop wrestling and start developing internal fat (as opposed to "external" fat) that it quickly becomes very unhealthy.

Having too much visceral fat is very very very very bad for you.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Stop me if you've heard this one

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1179827009486299136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

a fun way to show people the difference in trends/expectations in football over the years is to point out that Andy Dalton, a thoroughly pedestrian modern quarterback, has stats that compare favorably to Joe Montana's in a lot of ways