Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

marshmonkey posted:

What are the odds that Russia helped plant this conspiracy theory in Trump's brain?

Trump doesn't need assistance to come up with insane bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
So I guess all this raises the question of what would have happened if the Mueller report have proved conspiracy between Trump and Russia? Knowing what we know today, it seems likely that after the DOJ had released their softener and referred the case to Congress, Senate Republicans would simply repeat the conspiracy theories from Trump's notes and again absolutely nothing would have come of it... It seems silly that there was any faith at all that the system would have held Trump accountable.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Hannity has mentioned "the insurance policy" daily for two years plus now, it's definitely not new.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Congress doesn't get back until the 15th... I can't even imagine where things are going to stand by that point.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

What exactly is this Medicare executive order?

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack
Many people are saying that Biden's grandfather's corpse should be investigated.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1179844725395906562

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Dammerung posted:

I disagree with this. Considering how the President spoke about how he'd like to deal with the whistleblower, that seems more like an opportunity to invite retaliation against them and their sources. And why should there be any concern if the information is biased? If it isn't factual, it isn't factual, and there's nothing for the President to worry about. Innocent people generally don't fear oversight at their jobs.

Lol facts. This is horrifying. Here is what happened, as we watched it in real time:

-NYT Writes an article which says that Schiff had been notified earlier that a whistleblower would be filing a complaint, and feared that there might be interference.

-Conservative voice retweets said article. The contents of his tweet were his own "headline" which suggests that Schiff played a part in WRITING the complaint

-NYT author IMMEDIATELY responds saying this is false, and the article says nothing of the sort (no one cares about this part)

-Trump is notified about this story in NYT about Schiff helping write the complaint, and then, at his press conference, says, "I'll take it one step further. I think he wrote the complaint." Yes he actually in the blink of an eye turned speculation into an established fact that he believes to be true.

-Fox News writes an article about "Trump says that schiff..."

-Lindsey Graham retweets this article, which obviously is fox news verifying the NYT report. So now we have evidence that it is true that Adam Schiff wrote the whistleblower complaint.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ShuckyDucky posted:

Many people are saying that Biden's grandfather's corpse should be investigated.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1179844725395906562

I see Rudy managed to remember his Twitter account's password.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

marshmonkey posted:

Congress doesn't get back until the 15th... I can't even imagine where things are going to stand by that point.

Committees are still doing things (see: the Volker deposition!), it's just the full legislative session thats closed for two weeks / until after Trump announces on national television that he attempted to give Arizona back to Mexico in exchange for them assassinating Pete Buttigieg.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Dubar posted:

Lol facts. This is horrifying. Here is what happened, as we watched it in real time:

-NYT Writes an article which says that Schiff had been notified earlier that a whistleblower would be filing a complaint, and feared that there might be interference.

-Conservative voice retweets said article. The contents of his tweet were his own "headline" which suggests that Schiff played a part in WRITING the complaint

-NYT author IMMEDIATELY responds saying this is false, and the article says nothing of the sort (no one cares about this part)

-Trump is notified about this story in NYT about Schiff helping write the complaint, and then, at his press conference, says, "I'll take it one step further. I think he wrote the complaint." Yes he actually in the blink of an eye turned speculation into an established fact that he believes to be true.

-Fox News writes an article about "Trump says that schiff..."

-Lindsey Graham retweets this article, which obviously is fox news verifying the NYT report. So now we have evidence that it is true that Adam Schiff wrote the whistleblower complaint.

It's interesting to see desperate attempts to establish a narrative evolve and take form like this. I'm hoping that it is proof positive that, at the very least, Trump and his inner circle are shaken.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Whoever Trump names as the whistleblower will have one hell of a target painted on their back regardless of whether Trump is right, wrong, or lying through his teeth because there are about a million chuds just chomping at the bit to "do thar patriotic doody" and are not the type of people who tend to wait on confirmation.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/1179860307088433153?s=21

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Rassle posted:

Whoever Trump names as the whistleblower will have one hell of a target painted on their back regardless of whether Trump is right, wrong, or lying through his teeth because there are about a million chuds just chomping at the bit to "do thar patriotic doody" and are not the type of people who tend to wait on confirmation.

And to add, it's not just hyperbole or speculation. Chuds have literally mailed lovely mailbombs to Trump's enemies.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Probably out hiking the Appalachian Trail

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

Warren guy

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Dammerung posted:

It's interesting to see desperate attempts to establish a narrative evolve and take form like this. I'm hoping that it is proof positive that, at the very least, Trump and his inner circle are shaken.

I'm less inclined toward "coordinated conspiracy" as I am toward "extreme incompetence". The sad reality of our internet news culture is that we (and yes I and all of you are guilty of this to some extent) are a bunch of headline-readers. We rarely dig into the articles themselves, and we sometimes dont make it past the tweet ABOVE the headline. Disinformation is comically easy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Warren guy

poo poo I'm voting Warren now

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Dammerung posted:

Im just worried it means they've found their footing. Im definitely seeing more of this make its round on social media. Happy if I'm proven just to be shook.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

VH4Ever posted:

Hannity has mentioned "the insurance policy" daily for two years plus now, it's definitely not new.
If there was such a thing, why would the dems wait 3 fuckin years to pull the trigger?

I'm going to laugh if Trump sinks Biden along with himself. Might even call ol' Don a hero.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Faustian Bargain posted:

If there was such a thing, why would the dems wait 3 fuckin years to pull the trigger?

I'm going to laugh if Trump sinks Biden along with himself. Might even call ol' Don a hero.

nah Biden was already sinking, Trump is just weirdly seeing him go down and clinging to him like a flabby anchor. He's making the fall faster, but not causing it.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

sexpig by night posted:

nah Biden was already sinking, Trump is just weirdly seeing him go down and clinging to him like a flabby anchor. He's making the fall faster, but not causing it.

Case in point, Biden raised 15M in the 3rd quarter, behind Bernie and Butt.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-03/booker-takes-aim-at-childhood-poverty-campaign-update

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

ryde posted:

Im just worried it means they've found their footing. Im definitely seeing more of this make its round on social media. Happy if I'm proven just to be shook.

Look, the election is a year an a month from now. There was always going to be a defined right wing narrative on this issue. Make your peace with the fact that we will always be combating a lie that 35% of the country believes.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Warren guy

of course the bodybuilder is one of the 'physique' guys not classic or open

everyone knows the physique guys are deluded idiots with issues

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

poo poo I'm voting Warren now

Made prior to the conference

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Made prior to the conference

given that all the materials said 'FORMER MARINE" ima go ahead and continue to guess that even that is a total fabrication

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

given that all the materials said 'FORMER MARINE" ima go ahead and continue to guess that even that is a total fabrication

Isn't that uh, illegal?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1179877856551342080

oh most definitely, party of principles and all

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/NewsBreaking/status/1179874624265285632?s=19

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

ryde posted:

Their line of attack is that the whistleblower is a partisan hack, but Trump has already admitted to what the whistleblower alleges. It’s 100% muddying the waters and an attempt to split people into their partisan camps.

After 2016 I’m not going to be surprised by anything, who knows if this works or not.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

OAquinas posted:

Isn't that uh, illegal?

Broad stolen honor laws were ruled illegal by SCOTUS, so lying about being in the military is only illegal if you're doing it to obtain a financial benefit. But since Burkman & Wohl are con artists, this might count as breaking that law! Nobody will ever enforce it, though.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm sure MarineCorp sells aquariums

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Hey I know Miami flooding is old news but could someone please repost that article about how Miami is doomed? I’d like to read it

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Frankly the real scandal is that a physique guy is calling himself a bodybuilder

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Even if he was a Marine, how much he's Other than Honorable discharge, or didn't even complete bootcamp.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

fool_of_sound posted:

Trump doesn't need assistance to come up with insane bullshit

he doesn't have a whole lot of imagination or backgrounding to come up with anything really complex, someone fed him that. there's a long reported history of people doing exactly that.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The Warren "accuser" has a real "early William Shatner" reading vibe.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Faustian Bargain posted:

it doesn't have to :airquote:make sense:airquote:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm so sick of being gaslit by Republicans day in and day out. They continue to spout nonsense so unhinged from reality that you can't establish a common basis for conversation with most people. How the hell do you even try to refute any of this when their reality bubble diverged years ago.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Rabble posted:

Their line of attack is that the whistleblower is a partisan hack, but Trump has already admitted to what the whistleblower alleges. It’s 100% muddying the waters and an attempt to split people into their partisan camps.

After 2016 I’m not going to be surprised by anything, who knows if this works or not.

It's astonishingly blatant and proof positive that the administration seeks to inflame partisan divides rather than repair them.

Delthalaz posted:

Hey I know Miami flooding is old news but could someone please repost that article about how Miami is doomed? I’d like to read it

I'd also like to read this if anybody has it available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

gregday posted:

is she the one who is "going to go through some things" ?

Ya and also lauded universally across state department lifers and has what is apparently an unimpeachable career.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 3, 2019