Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Tuff Scrote posted:

This is probably a set up as with the Warren video.

This is more Brooks Brothers poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179925259417468928

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

He forgot the "..or else"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The president casually committing felonies.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I poo poo MYSELF ON PURPOSE!

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

So what scandal is is related to? Stayed tuned....

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
So is that legally an admission or what?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Somebody should ask him what he thinks about Obama investigating his corruption.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1179868373926187008

https://twitter.com/AwwwwCats/status/1179834091895742466

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

pacerhimself posted:

Somebody should ask him what he thinks about Obama investigating his corruption.

Lol hell yeah

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Here is a profile of Australian Alexander Downer which might be useful for all of you who will be unfamiliar with Australian political figures and shows just how insane it is to accuse Downer of being a 'left wing spy'.

Alexander Downer: the Australian blue blood accused of being an anti-Trump 'spy'

The Guardian posted:

"On the political spectrum, Downer, who holds the titles for Australia’s longest serving foreign affairs minister and shortest serving leader of the country’s main conservative party, sits slightly to the right of Margaret Thatcher."

"For a proud monarchist, who would have dyed his blood blue if possible, such is Downer’s distaste of Australia’s political left and the red-branded Labor party that being labelled a leftist conspirator would hurt almost as much as being deliberately snubbed by the Queen. Maybe more."

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179898724899835904?s=20

I've never seen somebody so obviously not believe the lies they're saying.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Super-Id posted:

He’s running

The gently caress away :razz:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Man jumping overboard swears it has nothing to do with gaping hole in side of ship.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mahoning posted:

“No impeachment!”

God that’s like the worst protest rallying cry ever.

You're the impeachment!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179932948138725377

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

If Biden wasn't running for president against him, would this be true?

Setting aside the idea that if Biden wasn't running for president Trump would never care of course

edit - hard to phrase it exactly... Is it Bidden's candidacy specifically which makes this such a big deal?

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 4, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

pacerhimself posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179898724899835904?s=20

I've never seen somebody so obviously not believe the lies they're saying.

Oh my god

He barfs out the rehearsed line about no quid pro quo, the reporter says "So like Trump just asked Ukraine and China to investigate the Bidens again today on camera" and he's like Uhhhhhhhh *throws smoke bomb and runs away*

And Trump promptly retweets it, perfect answer

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I stand by my request for a bot that replies to every Trump tweet with "Shut the gently caress up, Donny." It's needed even more these days.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Someone finally got through to him that this is what the impeachment is about, not how nice and polite he was on the call.

And also fed him the "best" spin they currently have for him to try to use.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Didn't Trump have some horrifying panic attack several eons ago about Obama spying on him or something?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179935210445647882?s=19

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Someone finally got through to him that this is what the impeachment is about, not how nice and polite he was on the call.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

"As the President of the United States, or a Cheeto colored pissbaby, I have an absolute right, perhaps even a duty, or maybe a wish, to investigate, or have investigated, CORRUPTION, and that would include asking, or suggesting, or forcing, or extorting, other Countries to help us out!"

Could he have added any more word salad into that text?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sounds like a witch hunt to me.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't Trump have some horrifying panic attack several eons ago about Obama spying on him or something?

He thought there were cameras in his microwave.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol if you think donnie knows what quid pro quo is and not just that it's a fun word to say.

(also as a man Merican that only eats meat, he doesn't eat that weird octopus trash)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump would retweet someone saying he's innocent with a gun to their head who ends it with "now please let my family go" as it's some clear sign of proof.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Obviously he has the absolutely right, nay the DUTY to investigate possible corruption. I feel our dear president owes Mr. Obama an apology.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Hobo Erotica posted:

If Biden wasn't running for president against him, would this be true?

Setting aside the idea that if Biden wasn't running for president Trump would never care of course

edit - hard to phrase it exactly... Is it Bidden's candidacy specifically which makes this such a big deal?

I don’t know, but my speculation is that it’s a big deal because the investigations are targeted at individuals, have funding contingent upon them, and are not going through a public process.

Setting aside all the Burisma stuff, Bidens ask wasn’t for any specific investigations but to investigate corruption in a general sense, and this was done with the full knowledge and approval of the executive branch and our allies.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1179895182952669184?s=20

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

The best part is that it happened because he heard about "microwave communication," the frequency cell phones use.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179932948138725377

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Can’t wait to get that transcript of the Xi call. If he asked about Warren, that is maybe the smoking gun you need to turn Republicans. She doesn’t have the baggage of Biden, who comes with 8 years of Obama and the Clinton angle. How do you Whatabout Elizabeth Warren?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

Can’t wait to get that transcript of the Xi call. If he asked about Warren, that is maybe the smoking gun you need to turn Republicans. She doesn’t have the baggage of Biden, who comes with 8 years of Obama and the Clinton angle. How do you Whatabout Elizabeth Warren?

I'll give you a hint and it starts with the most racist parts of Peter Pan and expands outwards.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I'm thinking that Hong Kong aspect is MUCH more important. Clear quid pro quo that even Trumpers can't deny, and it involves turning against a major democracy under attack by the Republican Party's bogey man.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Hobo Erotica posted:

It wouldn't be as big of one, but still important. I mean, it is using extortion on foreign governments to manufacture dirt after a citizen with the bonus of doing it to someone that is Trump's likely election opponent currently. And deflect from Russian aid to Trump's campaign in the last election.

That Biden is doing better than a certain non-Democrat just makes a lot the usual posters here approve of the Republican talking points and parrot them.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

A November resignation seems terribly optimistic for Perry in this timeline.

From only yesterday (since slightly updated):
thedailybeast.com/10.0319:
Trump Is Going to Burn Down Everything and Everyone, and Republicans, That Means You
"That press conference was terrifying. And congressional Republicans should be more afraid than anyone. Trump’s going down and taking them with him.
Donald Trump’s Oval Office performance-art masterpiece Wednesday was one for the ages, a pity-party, stompy-foot screech session by President Snowflake von Pissypants, the most put-upon man ever to hold the highest office in the land. If you watched his nationally televised press conference, Trump’s shrill, eye-popping hissy fit scanned like the end of a long, coke-fueled bender where the itchy, frenzied paranoia is dry-humping the last ragged gasps of the earlier party-powder fun."

Go for it if anyone want's to dispute the description in the article above. And that was only yesterday, well prior to all the poo poo that happened today. Bless your heart if you think this orange fecal smear will last another month.

Related Hunter S. Thompson tax:
He Was a Crook
"A scathing obituary of Richard Nixon, originally published in Rolling Stone on June 16, 1994

Richard Nixon is gone now, and I am poorer for it. He was the real thing -- a political monster straight out of Grendel and a very dangerous enemy. He could shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time. He lied to his friends and betrayed the trust of his family. Not even Gerald Ford, the unhappy ex-president who pardoned Nixon and kept him out of prison, was immune to the evil fallout. Ford, who believes strongly in Heaven and Hell, has told more than one of his celebrity golf partners that "I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

Might be time to feel free to post the beginnings of a trend, too:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

My wife doesn't follow political news directly, but every few days she'll ask "I heard something about _________, what's the deal with that?" and I'll catch her up. Usually the reaction is a mix of disgust, anger, and laughter. Lately, especially when mentioning the Giuliani stuff, I get the sense she thinks I'm making this up, or possibly on hallucinogenics.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I'm thinking that Hong Kong aspect is MUCH more important. Clear quid pro quo that even Trumpers can't deny, and it involves turning against a major democracy under attack by the Republican Party's bogey man.
I highly doubt they care

Just like how a bunch of countries (especially us) are willing to ignore the mass internment of Muslims in Western China because they want to have a good trade relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Young Freud posted:

I'm wondering at this point if we should bring in Poroshenko and ask if Trump pulled the same offer on him, too.

I'm not wondering about it. It should definitely be done given, well, the last couple of weeks.