Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

Whoever first invents a way to add pockets to women's clothing shall be hailed as a hero for all time.

Someday, if the future is bright enough, the ladies shall join us in knowing the joy of cargo pants. You too shall look everywhere for your laptop's power adapter only to laughingly discover you've been carrying it in your outside thigh pocket all day and didn't even know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthA22qL9AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Scathach posted:

See this is why when I wear pants, they're men's. For some reason my dresses have reasonable pockets. Also steal men's bodywash.

So I guess I'm saying, lifehack!!1! Take men's poo poo and use it as your own.
Deodorant, too. Stuff like Speed Stick is less than $2, while a smaller stick marketed to women is around $3.50. You can get unscented so you don't smell like DUKE CANNON.

I wear men's pants. a 32 is always a 32 regardless of brand, while women's sizes are weird and confusing and if you fall somewhere between standard sizes you're hosed. Plus pockets. And men's shoes mostly, but that's because I have giant honking feet and if I'm able to find something not-hideous in my size then they also assume I must have like EE width when I'm actually AA.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SubponticatePoster posted:

And men's shoes mostly, but that's because I have giant honking feet and if I'm able to find something not-hideous in my size then they also assume I must have like EE width when I'm actually AA.

I have a friend who does the opposite. He's just small enough to fit into largest women's shoes, so he buys shoes in the women's corner of the shop because in the men's corner they're all boring grey/black monocolour while womens ones get all the colours you could want

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oh hell, as far as deodorant goes I use that salt crystal thing. Works great, and one or two last a whole year. Super cheap and no scent.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Scathach posted:

Oh hell, as far as deodorant goes I use that salt crystal thing. Works great, and one or two last a whole year. Super cheap and no scent.

What

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Zipperelli. posted:

Taking bets on which company will be the first to put out a "gun" smelling bodywash or some other stupid smell.
Tackleberry used gun oil as aftershave on his date with the other cop in Police Academy 2.

She's a hippy or something.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Mine...=gateway&sr=8-4

Works better for me than regular deodorant and doesn't leave weird filmy stuff on my clothing. I just like it because it isn't gross and actually works all day :shrug:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Scathach posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Mine...=gateway&sr=8-4

Works better for me than regular deodorant and doesn't leave weird filmy stuff on my clothing. I just like it because it isn't gross and actually works all day :shrug:

Added to my amazon list. I'll have to give this a whirl. I mostly hate scented deodorant and I'm not a fan of MENS!!! products in general anyways. If I have some crazy scented body wash and then i throw on some wacktastic smelly deodorant, I can't wear a scent I care about without smelling like mixed up desperation. I want to find something where I can smell pleasant but not EXTREME!!!! SURGE!!!

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Powered Descent posted:

Someday, if the future is bright enough, the ladies shall join us in knowing the joy of cargo pants. You too shall look everywhere for your laptop's power adapter only to laughingly discover you've been carrying it in your outside thigh pocket all day and didn't even know it.

I hope this becomes common. I definitely developed a thing for women in cargo pants after doing theater tech in high school for a while.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Cargo pants are currently on trend. But lots of ladies who don’t care about trends have been wearing them all along.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Deodorant chat reminded me of when I told someone I didn't really bother with putting away my shirts (I lived in a really small apartment so there pretty much wasn't any closet space to hang them up or a place to put a laundry hamper anywhere). I'd throw everything in piles and to see if a shirt was clean or used, I'd just smell under the sleeve. They were all :barf: and I didn't understand why.

In hindsight they thought I meant if a shirt smelled bad it was used and if not, it was clean, whereas the situation was if a shirt smelled good (because of deodorant residue) it was used and if it smelled of gently caress-all, it was clean.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

AlbieQuirky posted:

Cargo pants are currently on trend. But lots of ladies who don’t care about trends have been wearing them all along.

Those aren't cargo pants :colbert:

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Deodorant, too. Stuff like Speed Stick is less than $2, while a smaller stick marketed to women is around $3.50. You can get unscented so you don't smell like DUKE CANNON.

I wear men's pants. a 32 is always a 32 regardless of brand, while women's sizes are weird and confusing and if you fall somewhere between standard sizes you're hosed. Plus pockets. And men's shoes mostly, but that's because I have giant honking feet and if I'm able to find something not-hideous in my size then they also assume I must have like EE width when I'm actually AA.
It's not as bad as women's vanity sizing, but a 32 can still vary between 30 and 34 inches (before any kind of stretching out from wear or shrinking in the wash) in my experience. Even when comparing in the same brand. It's definitely not consistent enough for me to just grab a 34 without trying it on.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Lovin the pockets on these cargo pants, think about all the things you could store in them!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Sometimes I lifehack pockets into my clothes, but I also own multiple sewing machines and understand how to operate them, as well as the basics of pattern drafting and apparel construction. Lifehack: waste a bunch of money studying fashion design in college then never complete your degree so you can save money by making your own pockets! :j:

You could, but I don't know why you would.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Deodorant chat: Arrid XXTra Dry. Comes in unscented, the regular doesn't have an overwhelming smell, and it will work for more than a day in emergencies. It does have wax, so it can eventually leave stuff on your clothes pits.

Personally, I hate over scented things, especially fake smells that were created in a lab and don't smell like anything real. I prefer cedar scented soaps, because I've never found a "fresh" smell anywhere in nature. Seriously, what the hell is that supposed to smell like? I know the companies ran a bunch of smells past test groups and asked "Which one smells like the concept of 'fresh'?" The only concept that has a smell is depression, which smells like an esoteric French cheese shop.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I've been conditioned so hard by the fashion industry that jeans never have pockets, or have fake ones, that I didn't realize the new ones I bought had front (gasp) pockets until a week later.
They have pockets.
Not so big, but at least I can keep my bus fare there. I want to kiss whoever designed them.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I would just like to note that conventionally attractive thin cis women do look good in cargo shorts, but they look good in anything.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gynocentric Regime posted:

I would just like to note that conventionally attractive thin cis women do look good in cargo shorts, but they look good in anything.

:thanks:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

You all need to shop at Uniqlo if you want pockets on women’s clothing.
Pockets galore for everyone!

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Men's jeans don't work for me because I'm small but I like finding a decent boyfriend-cut pair of women's with functional pockets. Gonna raid the boys section for cargo pants though, that's a good idea

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Looking at stuff meant for EMS use is another way to get women's pants that have working pockets, if you aren't into wearing shorts.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel somewhat guilty as a guy because I have clothing with pockets. I just assumed that all practical clothing has pockets and I'm not sure why women's clothing doesn't have pockets. I suppose it hast to do with the cut or silhouette or some such but it's not my fault. I get that women usually have pocketbooks and men don't but there should alway be a place to carry a $20, just in case.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The Ape of Naples posted:

I feel somewhat guilty as a guy because I have clothing with pockets. I just assumed that all practical clothing has pockets and I'm not sure why women's clothing doesn't have pockets. I suppose it hast to do with the cut or silhouette or some such but it's not my fault. I get that women usually have pocketbooks and men don't but there should alway be a place to carry a $20, just in case.

I dunno if it's just my area, but every guy under around 45 here has backpacks

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lotion Tester posted:

Looking at stuff meant for EMS use is another way to get women's pants that have working pockets, if you aren't into wearing shorts.

Duluth Trading not to be missed.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Bees on Wheat posted:

Sometimes I lifehack pockets into my clothes, but I also own multiple sewing machines and understand how to operate them, as well as the basics of pattern drafting and apparel construction. Lifehack: waste a bunch of money studying fashion design in college then never complete your degree so you can save money by making your own pockets! :j:

You could, but I don't know why you would.
Well, some ladies care about that sort of thing (I don't :v: ).

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Posting 5 minute crafts feels like cheating, but I don't know why

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They're monkeycheese for views and it's boring as hell.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Cement bread drink coasters?
As one with a partial Italian heritage, I'm offended that two of our beloved national symbols (bread and concrete) would be mixed together in such a way, that it produces a sub par (look at that poo poo starting to flake off and crack) product and is also a waste of both good bread and good cement.

That bread could have been eaten, like god intended, and that cement could have been molded in to a statue of a chick with big boobs. Also like god intended.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

wesleywillis posted:

Cement bread drink coasters?
As one with a partial Italian heritage, I'm offended that two of our beloved national symbols (bread and concrete) would be mixed together in such a way, that it produces a sub par (look at that poo poo starting to flake off and crack) product and is also a waste of both good bread and good cement.

That bread could have been eaten, like god intended, and that cement could have been molded in to a statue of a chick with big boobs. Also like god intended.

Y'all stopped making good concrete by the time the Visigoths came.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

why use concrete and not resin? you can lathe and turn a resin- impregnated piece of bread into all sorts of cool things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDZVAqM8u-A

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

why use concrete and not resin? you can lathe and turn a resin- impregnated piece of bread into all sorts of cool things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDZVAqM8u-A

Because then it couldn't be called "cool cement ideas you can do at home" could it, smart guy? :colbert: The resin thing looks like it takes actual effort and skill too, unlike just dunking a slice of bread in cement and calling it a day.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

This has reminded me that I'm a pedant made of bread

:smith:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Because then it couldn't be called "cool cement ideas you can do at home" could it, smart guy? :colbert: The resin thing looks like it takes actual effort and skill too, unlike just dunking a slice of bread in cement and calling it a day.

Also, how are you supposed to scratch your coffee table's surface with a resin coaster?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Wasabi the J posted:

Y'all stopped making good concrete by the time the Visigoths came.

Yeah, but the bread be dope as gently caress.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The fork technique is real, but why?

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 08:33 on Oct 11, 2019

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On the subject of mens vs womens toiletries, I always use women's soaps despite being a man because I like how the foamburst bodywash smells and feels

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.

bony tony posted:

Posting 5 minute crafts feels like cheating, but I don't know why

5 minute crafts are usually bullshit, dangerous or both. This aussie lady likes to debunk 5 minute crafts and other clickbait nonsense videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSBSzWmjXO0&list=PLPT0YU_0VLHxJMqHBC2_OMTYWwQ5z_iP4

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Platystemon posted:

The fork technique is real, but why?

If you have a fork you can eat it relatively cleanly with it alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Is that bigger than before?