Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

OH

The dude who had a tattoo of his little brother on his chest so his girlfriend would see it every time they had sex

edit: shameful snipe, have a story

I (21F) found a hidden camera in my house. I suspect my SIL (26F) put it there to watch me while I babysit my nephew (1M). What do I do?

quote:

I babysit my 1 year old nephew from 7am-8pm Mon-Fri for free because a) I love my brother and nephew and b) I'm already a SAHM for my 5mo daughter and adding another kid isn't a big deal for me, I have everything he needs already at home and I love kids.

The spare room in my apt has been transformed into a playroom with floor mats, exersaucers, toys, a nap cot, etc and that is where my daughter and nephew spend most of their time playing and napping. There is also a tv in there, and today semi hidden behind the tv I found a weird circular object with a lens in it. After some googling I found that it was a small hidden wifi enabled camera that live streams to an app. I flipped my poo poo, called my fiance and asked him if it was his. He vehemently denied it and suggested I called the police and explain to them that I need a bug check. The only other person with regular access to my home and the playroom in particular would be my SIL; she drops nephew off in the morning and picks him up after work, and Bro and our parents only come on the weekends. I suspect the camera was placed recently which rules them out. Another reason I suspect SIL is because I had put my nephew in a long sleeved foot pajama this morning because my apartment can get chilly, and 5 mins later she texted me "it's going to warm up later so please don't dress (nephew) too warmly, thanks!" It could be a coincidence, but now that I found the camera I'm not so sure.

If it's her, she knows I know since I'm assuming she saw me find it. What do I do? Do I confront her and ask if its hers? I couldn't even begin to imagine why she would think to put hidden cameras in my house; I have treated my nephew like my own from the start and love him wholeheartedly. I would never think to hurt him or neglect him, my family actually compliment me quite often on what good care I take of my daughter and how happy she always is, and of course I treat my nephew the same.

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for giving my son an ultimatum to leave the house?

He had also been fired from work. He was in the employee room chatting with coworkers, when one of them said “I have to go now, my parents are here to pick me up”. My son responded “that’s impossible, your parents are dead”. I don’t know why he thought that was funny, but that’s not how I raised him. It turns out that the girls parents were actually dead (no, my son was not aware).
Maybe I've OD'd on cold medication, but this makes no loving sense.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Sunswipe posted:

Maybe I've OD'd on cold medication, but this makes no loving sense.

I guess she meant her adoptive parents or her legal guardians were picking her up, but just kept it simple with parents

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

extremely online posted:

Does this lady not understand what a minor is.

leaving the house means going to the library

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DemoneeHo posted:

OH

The dude who had a tattoo of his little brother on his chest so his girlfriend would see it every time they had sex

edit: shameful snipe, have a story

I (21F) found a hidden camera in my house. I suspect my SIL (26F) put it there to watch me while I babysit my nephew (1M). What do I do?

Passed up an opportunity to just hang a piece of paper that says “gently caress you” in front of the camera and play the most irritating music you can think of on some headphones next to it.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DemoneeHo posted:

SIL is absolutely insane to endanger that much free childcare. 7am-8pm Mon-Fri for free for gently caress's sake.

At least the solution is easy though: if you want to use a nannycam in my house, start paying me nanny wages.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

Point the camera at a video of a house burning from the inside, wait for the call.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Berth ell Pup and that one lady who made her boyfriend practice her funeral should definitely be on the list.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I know it's a entire reddit post but

quote:

So I told him he has two options:

1. Go to the library and finish his resume.
2. Leave my house and find somewhere else to stay.

yeah she kicked him out.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I feel like any kind of thread canon would be relatively simple:

Pete
Eagle BF
Australian Cousin Wears Dog
Timothy the rat
Angry masturbation GF
Tummys were unhappy
Fightman

anything else people reference a lot?

Family Poop Knife
Berth El Pup

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to host a Halloween party with alcohol or animal products?

To preface, I am a Buddhist, and while avoiding animal products is not required by my faith, for me, it is an important aspect of my practice of it. My avoidance of alcohol dates back to when I was thirteen, and my then sixteen year-old brother had to have his stomach pumped. My family and friends are well aware of both.

Moving to the matter itself, every year, my hosts a large Halloween party. Usually, there are around two hundred guests in attendance. For a variety of reasons, my parents are unable to host the event this year, and they asked me to do so in their stead.

When they asked, I said I would be willing, but I immediately reminded them of my beliefs and avoidance of both alcohol and animal products and how I did not think I would be a suitable host because of them. They said it would be fine. Earlier today, my mother called me. I had emailed her the menu and guest list for final approval. She was furious.

Apparently, I was unclear when I said I was uncomfortable. My parents thought that when I agreed, I agreed to serve meat and alcohol. They are saying it will be a huge issue at the party.

I once again suggested having someone else plan it, but, as they pointed out, it’s less than a month away from the party. We really don’t have time for someone else to take over the planning. I don’t want to compromise my beliefs for this event, but I also don’t want to disappoint my parents or their guests.

Edit: For clarification, I am the one who is now paying for the party. Also, the party is being held on my land.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

So I told him he has two options:

1. Go to the library and finish his resume.
2. Leave my house and find somewhere else to stay.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I gotta feel like this is a case of "beggers can't be choosers". If someone's hosting a party and paying for poo poo, they make the choices.

And loving aye, one goddamn party sober isn't going to kill anyone.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Pete
Eagle BF
Timothy the rat
Angry masturbation GF
Tummys were unhappy
Fightman

Woman who became a cat
Tent masturbator
Poop eater and the ensuing day at the zoo
Numerous bad hygiene bfs

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to host a Halloween party with alcohol or animal products?

To preface, I am a Buddhist, and while avoiding animal products is not required by my faith, for me, it is an important aspect of my practice of it. My avoidance of alcohol dates back to when I was thirteen, and my then sixteen year-old brother had to have his stomach pumped. My family and friends are well aware of both.

Moving to the matter itself, every year, my hosts a large Halloween party. Usually, there are around two hundred guests in attendance. For a variety of reasons, my parents are unable to host the event this year, and they asked me to do so in their stead.

When they asked, I said I would be willing, but I immediately reminded them of my beliefs and avoidance of both alcohol and animal products and how I did not think I would be a suitable host because of them. They said it would be fine. Earlier today, my mother called me. I had emailed her the menu and guest list for final approval. She was furious.

Apparently, I was unclear when I said I was uncomfortable. My parents thought that when I agreed, I agreed to serve meat and alcohol. They are saying it will be a huge issue at the party.

I once again suggested having someone else plan it, but, as they pointed out, it’s less than a month away from the party. We really don’t have time for someone else to take over the planning. I don’t want to compromise my beliefs for this event, but I also don’t want to disappoint my parents or their guests.

Edit: For clarification, I am the one who is now paying for the party. Also, the party is being held on my land.

How big is this booze-free party if three weeks isn't enough to plan it

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

There's two stories I'm partial to but I think I have been lost to time.

1. Bride wanted to have a father/daughter dance with the father of her dead ex to a song whose lyrics can be summed up as "I'll never be happy again now that you're gone" and the groom posted going "Is this weird guys?"

2. Lady who was normal until she got around sugar and turned into George Costanza throwing kids and grandma out of the way to get to her 3rd piece of cake.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for leaving my sisters dirty underwear in a place her boyfriend could see?

I (15f) share a bathroom with my sister (18f). Until about a year ago we shared a bathroom with our parents, but we moved so now they have their own bathroom.

When our parents shared the bathroom too my sister cleaned up after herself, but since it's only us sharing it she stopped. Hair all over the shower, wet towels and dirty clothes on the floor, poo poo stains in the toilet, whenever she trims her bangs the sink is covered with hair she just leaves there, and more. I have to clean the bathroom before I can shower in the morning. The grossest thing is when she leaves underwear with used pads on the floor.

I've tried everything I can think of. Talking to our parents, talking to her, making a cleaning schedule, cleaning up after her, or not cleaning up and just letting her live in that filth. Nothing has worked, I've been stuck cleaning up after her for a year (at least if I want a clean bathroom myself).

I warned her once that if she didn't clean up her used pads on the bathroom floor I'd put them somewhere everyone could see. Well it happened again, so I hung her underwear (with the pad) on the door handle of the bathroom on a day my sister's boyfriend was coming over. I don't know what happened, but my sister is extremely pissed. My parents aren't happy either and told me to just talk to them next time. (I did, very often. Never worked.)

I feel bad about involving her boyfriend in this, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. I'm assuming I was an rear end in a top hat, but the bathroom was clean this morning.

AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

2138: a team of librarians, historians, and academics announce an all new, searchable database of reddit relationship stories.

Despite the obliteration of reddit's servers during the flood of San Francisco, a small selection of posts was independently archived by the something awful monastic order.

Using the database, researchers can get an overview of life circa 2019, filtering posts by topics like body odor, open relationships, animal totems, international trips with guy friends, cum, etc

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Pete
Eagle BF
Timothy the rat
Angry masturbation GF
Tummys were unhappy
Fightman

The woman whose mother-in-law was poisoning her with her husband gaslighting her about it

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Van Kraken posted:

The woman whose mother-in-law was poisoning her with her husband gaslighting her about it

oh yeah that one was haunting, the way he just instantly revealed he knew the whole time.

speaking of bad mothers in law, the grandma who literally killed her granddaughter via coconut oil is still the champion.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

DemoneeHo posted:

The aforementioned woman who wanted to give birth to her dead boyfriend's reincarnation

Woman "hypnotized" into having an affair

Anyone who opened up the relationship, only for their partner to have better game instead of them

Oh god that woman.

My favorite open relationship winner was the guy that had his brother in law I think and his wife become wingmans for him

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My girlfriend (24f) puts hot sauce on everything, including food at restaurants. I think it's rude and embarrassing.

There's always that one annoying habit of someone you love. You usually have to get over it. But I can't get over this.

Jenny puts hot sauce on everything. She said she grew up doing this, but I have never met anyone who has done this. She doesn't put as much on the food she or her family cooks but she tells me other places don't use enough seasonings. She'll even put it on pasta salads at gatherings, or on food at family events like Thanksgiving.

The final straw was when we went to a very nice italian restaurant, she ordered a creamy pasta dish, and pulled out her hot sauce and put it on. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I've asked her not to do it in front of my family or my friends when they cook for us. She said she would try, but it would make it hard to eat their food, because there wasn't enough "flavor" most of the time.

The only time she hasn't done it is at my Mexican coworker's house when they invited us for dinner. She raved over how flavorful everything was and how she misses "real" food. Not to them but to be afterwards.

It honestly feels like she thinks white people can't cook, and I don't know if I can deal with that level of racism. She has straight up claimed the food of my people, Polish people, is bland and flavorless. I have told her that I find it insulting that she adds hot sauce to the food I make, and she has stopped doing that but it always comes across like she's making some huge sacrifice for me.

I don't know what to do. How do you get someone to stop doing this kind of poo poo?

tl;dr: GF puts hot sauce on everything and I find it insulting. She won't stop around my family.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I mean, let her spice up her food however she wants, but I do also think it’s kind of self defeating when people put hot sauce on every meal they eat because then they are pretty much just tasting the hot sauce and not the food they put it on.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

It sounds annoying but she's a cut above picky eaters because she at least doesn't actively try to stop other people from having what they want. I'll withhold further judgement without knowing the brand of hot sauce

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

It honestly feels like she thinks white people can't cook, and I don't know if I can deal with that level of racism.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Pete
Eagle BF
Timothy the rat
Angry masturbation GF
Tummys were unhappy
Fightman

For like 6 months the thread title alluded to some story about a wife with a scat fetish and how her husband was sorrowfully trying to accommodate that but simply couldn't defecate in her mouth, but I don't know if it has a succinct name.

"tubgirl's husband" I guess

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Anyone mention the dude who was blasting his loads into dress shirts and letting them rot in the attic yet?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

That weird turn to "it's racist against whites," is suspect.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My girlfriend (24f) puts hot sauce on everything, including food at restaurants. I think it's rude and embarrassing.

There's always that one annoying habit of someone you love. You usually have to get over it. But I can't get over this.

Jenny puts hot sauce on everything. She said she grew up doing this, but I have never met anyone who has done this. She doesn't put as much on the food she or her family cooks but she tells me other places don't use enough seasonings. She'll even put it on pasta salads at gatherings, or on food at family events like Thanksgiving.

The final straw was when we went to a very nice italian restaurant, she ordered a creamy pasta dish, and pulled out her hot sauce and put it on. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I've asked her not to do it in front of my family or my friends when they cook for us. She said she would try, but it would make it hard to eat their food, because there wasn't enough "flavor" most of the time.

The only time she hasn't done it is at my Mexican coworker's house when they invited us for dinner. She raved over how flavorful everything was and how she misses "real" food. Not to them but to be afterwards.

It honestly feels like she thinks white people can't cook, and I don't know if I can deal with that level of racism. She has straight up claimed the food of my people, Polish people, is bland and flavorless. I have told her that I find it insulting that she adds hot sauce to the food I make, and she has stopped doing that but it always comes across like she's making some huge sacrifice for me.

I don't know what to do. How do you get someone to stop doing this kind of poo poo?

tl;dr: GF puts hot sauce on everything and I find it insulting. She won't stop around my family.

Maybe she's looking for a little heat in her life because she's not getting any from the weenie she's dating OR his white bread family's poo poo cooking

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Won't someone see the true victims here: This one guy's boiled polish meal that absolutely must be served without hot sauce because flavor offends God.

(You think I'm joking. Look up how bland flavors and Catholicism have been linked hand in hand over the years)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It honestly feels like she thinks white people can't cook, and I don't know if I can deal with that level of racism.

lol

Let your girlfriend have her condiment sheesh

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Smirking_Serpent posted:

stop being a little baby bitch maybe? WHO. CARES.

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

yeah that was a bit out of place and convenient. or strange, at the very least

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the good news is that Hillary finally kicked Bill to the curb, the bad is that she's dating this reddit dork.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

duck trucker posted:

2. Lady who was normal until she got around sugar and turned into George Costanza throwing kids and grandma out of the way to get to her 3rd piece of cake.

Oh, she came back, having a meltdown on a train, and the husband decided to divorce her. I can't remember if the train freakout was posted here, or I just saw it while scrolling through stories to mine for gold.

But here's the story in question!

My wife (28F) has a gluttonous sweet tooth. How do I (29M) explain the social embarrassment?
sweettoothwife

quote:

The whole time we've been together, (5 years total) I've known my wife loves sweets and desserts. This includes cake, cookies, pies, candies, donuts, ice cream, anything you can think of with a lot of sugar. She self admits she has no control and will eat sweets until she feels sick. To control it she rarely ever buys them. She does not put herself in a situation to be gluttonous in our own home.
The problem happens when we're at other people's social events who have sweets available. These have included, weddings, parties, celebrations, most recently a baby shower. It also sometimes happens at informal hang-outs with our friends who might provide them for snacks.
At these times my wife displays no ability to control. She is constantly getting up for another helping. She rushes to be the first one to load her plate with sweets, or she grabs things, before anyone else can. She grabs things with her hands instead of provided tools. She eats very fast, like she fears someone will take it from her. This leads to a mess around her from crumbs. I've seen people look disgusted because of the loud chewing. She will get more dessert before some people have had their first. Sometimes she takes two or three pieces of something like cake or pie to start with.
I mentioned a baby shower most recently. We went to my 26F sister's baby shower yesterday and the main treat was a gender reveal cake. All of this happened once the cake was cut open:
I saw my wife shove her way to the front of the group. I saw her elbow my 16F cousin. It could have been an accident but I don't know (She didn't slow down or apologize)
My other sister 24F, who planned the shower had cut the cake. My wife grabbed the plate with that first cut piece which my sister had been going to give to my pregnant sister
She scooped out more m&ms with her hand from inside the cake then started eating immediately before even sitting down
She went back for seconds and thirds, then because there were no more pieces already cut, she cut another piece from the cake. That piece was maybe 3 times the size of the ones my sister had cut for everyone. This left what would have made about 3 normal slices remaining.
At the end of the party my wife went back and took the leftover.
All together, I guess that she ate half the cake, which was for 15 total people
There was frosting on her face and crumbs around her place at the table. She's also single focused on eating during these times so was not joining in any conversations.
I was so embarrassed in front of my family. I don't understand it. She doesn't do this with any other food, only desserts. If she can see sweets in the supermarket and not load up with them, I don't know why she can't do the same at social events.
My family I'm sure noticed the gluttonous messy eating. My friends have noticed it before too. To them it's a joke. To me it makes me feel like I have to do damage control, but that would mean drawing more attention to her eating. So I don't know what to do.
I've told her clearly how I feel and how it looks gross to other people. I told her what to do instead-wait your turn, start with one helping, closed mouth chewing. She always says she will, then says she forgot. She laughs like it's not a big deal.
Another worry is what if she's ever around dessert with coworkers and does this? She just got a good job she's wanted for a long time.....
Does she just not care? It's so rude like what you wouldn't expect anyone over 10 to still do. I've started dreading any events we're both invited to. I can't ask people not to have certain foods at their events just because my wife does this. I have to get her to change instead and I don't know how, nothing has worked.
tl;dr--my wife does not manage her sweettooth at social events with desserts or other sugary foods. The amount she takes for herself and other actions like shoving ahead of people are embarrassing to me.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Clark Nova posted:

I'll withhold further judgement without knowing the brand of hot sauce

Yeah. This is the real question.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

But where do each of the sauces from the latest season of Hot Ones lie?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh, she came back, having a meltdown on a train, and the husband decided to divorce her. I can't remember if the train freakout was posted here, or I just saw it while scrolling through stories to mine for gold.

But here's the story in question!

My wife (28F) has a gluttonous sweet tooth. How do I (29M) explain the social embarrassment?
sweettoothwife

Haha thank you! God the image of that woman being a perfect guest and then immediately ignoring everyone and shoving as much sugar as she can into her face during a party stuck with me.

Hot sauce girl: I can get his annoyance. The idea of putting hot sauce on EVERYTHING just seems stupid to me. I mean I like ketchup but when I'm eating Chinese I'm not suddenly whipping out pocket Heinz to douse my Lo Mein.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Our dad [60s M] is quitting his job in order to take half of his 401k and day-trade with it. How can we convince him this is a terrible idea?

TL;DR My mom may need help reining in my risk-taking Dad. He’s quitting his job in order to day-trade half his 401k. We want to sway him from this and convince him to ultimately stay in the workforce a few more years if his barbecue side business isn’t the money-maker he wants it to be.

So, the picture I’m starting to get is that my dad was a financial planner at some point decades past for a year or two, and now thinks he can make tens of thousands of dollars a year by day trading, essentially replacing his income (65-75k). Where is he getting the money to day trade? His 401k. He is past 60 so he can withdraw without penalties, so he’s taken half of it out in order to day trade. This is insane. My brother in law day trades a little and knows the returns my dad’s expecting can’t be realistic, although I don’t know how much was in my dad’s 401k. He wants to day trade and get his barbecue sauce business off the ground and into grocery stores (so far he has the recipe, a logo, and has sold only to acquaintances because he’s using his kitchen and not a commissary). He thinks he’s un-hirable now that he’s in his early 60s. So his plan is to gamble half his retirement on day trades.

My sister and I want to have an intervention with him, of sorts. She dug up the fact that her bank allows family members to make use of financial planners for low fees, so she will bring that to the table. Someone from r/personalfinance mentioned a business mentorship program called SCORE which might hook my dad up with someone to help him with his barbecue sauce. That’s what I’ll bring to the table.

I got a better picture tonight after calling my sister that my dad has always been attracted to risky propositions. He’s gone bankrupt once, for example, when we were kids which was a bombshell to me.

How would you handle it if you had the opportunity to talk to my father about changing his course? I see validity in the “it’s none of your business” camp, but if my mom agrees to an intervention I will take that as a plea for help. My father has always gone his own way and even hidden things from my mom before. He didn’t even tell her he was quitting his job until a little before he told us. If he loses half his retirement I will always feel guilty if I said nothing.

can cumshitter or someone else explain how dumb this is to me tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

bell jar posted:

how does someone become 15% anything

Colonialism