Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
olfactory sensors have detected you have smelly dick which may affect production you are now tresspassing on Amazon property non-employee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/TheGlenlivet/status/1179447297807147009

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

haha what the gently caress

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

is this a "millennials are killing the scotch industry, so lets put it in what they love. tide pods!" marketing idea????

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
cool. I’m sick of having to hide all those little bottles.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

they musta aged that idea in a bog because its a few years too late to be hip

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

Yeah, were almost to year 2020 so the market demands something new and extreme. Get that whisky directly into my bloodstream and tickle the taste sensors in my brain with an electrical charge. Tasting and swallowing is becoming passé.

I heard about aerosolizing alcohol and sniffing it up your nose, what happened to that? Banned?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I love the incredibly posh commercial tone of a luxury, high class experience that is completely destroyed when they plop some jiggly tide pod things on a wooden block.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
that can’t be real.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
If I heard that ad correctly, they're also claiming this is more environmentally sustainable? Than easily recyclable glass?

E: yes, that is exactly what they said. This probably really some cross-promotion thing for that capsule company. I mean cool, better than plastics, but still :psyduck:

foobardog has issued a correction as of 13:41 on Oct 5, 2019

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

foobardog posted:

If I heard that ad correctly, they're also claiming this is more environmentally sustainable? Than easily recyclable glass?

Well you eat the packaging, so yeah

Edit: tho it is almost certainly double wrapped in plastic so...

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

exmachina posted:

Well you eat the packaging, so yeah

Edit: tho it is almost certainly double wrapped in plastic so...

That just means we can possibly have yet another product contributing to the fatbergs in the sewer system.

Like with seaweed as a base it's probably actually biodegradable, but still...

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

They have to be packaged in something for transport though, and probably individually wrapped to prevent any burst ones from damaging the others. Not drinking them from a (reusable) glass doesn't mean they create less overall waste.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Can I shove those in my rear end?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Like, would they open up by themselves or would I need to include some sort of stirrer too?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

And now Twitter noticed that I clicked on the ad twice and threw a notification up to point me to it again.

I hate the future.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

throw to first drat IT posted:

No that's coming next year.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Geshtal posted:

You're not thinking like an executive. The actual point of this and all other 'productivity tracking' is to deliberately create impossible standards so you're free to fire any worker on any whim at any time without worrying about labor laws. The few soul-crushed employees the bosses actually like will never be held accountable to the stated standard so long as they stay in the managers' good graces.

You can already fire anyone for any reason basically, with the exception of the protected classes at which point you can still fire them for being black or Jewish or a woman or whatever...but you gotta make it less
Obvious.

sick zip everywhere
Jul 21, 2010
Do they come with a reusable applicator pen?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

the container is apparently made of seaweed (????)

guess this is how i can openly drink at work!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

The Nastier Nate posted:

You can already fire anyone for any reason basically, with the exception of the protected classes at which point you can still fire them for being black or Jewish or a woman or whatever...but you gotta make it less
Obvious.

Yes but executives are very Not Racist so they like it when spreadsheets do their racism for them

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

withak posted:

that can’t be real.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Seems weird but looks like it could be fun; I would try it

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

im on the net me boys posted:

Seems weird but looks like it could be fun; I would try it

ugh you have to BITE the seaweed thing and let it burst into your mouth like a blood capsule, and then eat the seaweed. if the thing dissolved in your mouth that might be cool, but something like that could never survive a bar environment.

if you want to "eat" your booze, liquor filled chocolates are a thing. why aren't those more popular?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

ugh you have to BITE the seaweed thing and let it burst into your mouth like a blood capsule, and then eat the seaweed. if the thing dissolved in your mouth that might be cool, but something like that could never survive a bar environment.

if you want to "eat" your booze, liquor filled chocolates are a thing. why aren't those more popular?

I agree, why aren't they more popular? I really like those.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

finally, peate flavored jello shots

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
weed infused chocolate covered cherries with a brandy center are extremely good

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

literally the shittiest dystopia

https://twitter.com/mbrennanchina/status/1180095792050106368

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Internet of poo poo strikes again.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

but what if you could get hosed up on eating tide pods? :thunk:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

throw to first drat IT posted:

Johnny Walker are developing a suppository.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

johnny walker brown

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Johnny Walker are developing a suppository.

my rear end is already full of poo poo though

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
whiskey helps with that

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Individually sealed vodka soaked manpons. Yes, they come in camo!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Third World Reagan posted:

here you go, one of the few videos about this list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll8zGaWhofU
Jared takes a hard look at the human rights abuses and war crimes in the Warsaw Ghetto. Today in history, we visit the historical sites sites where Jews took up defensive positions, died rather than face capture, and refused to become the victims of Nazi violence.

Not only has this video been demonitized, you owe us money per view.
The How Stuff Works guy literally wrote a dystopian/utopian Sci-Fi story about this 7 years ago
https://marshallbrain.com/manna.htm

Shear Modulus posted:

its pretty telling that amazon has both some of the most advanced automation and artificial intelligence technology and also one of the largest manual labor workforces and they are spending time automating the management of the manual laborers instead of automating the manual labor
You can't just balance manual labor versus automation, you have to balance it so that you maximize productivity with workers being paid minimum wage with employment-dependent health insurance. Too many people unemployed and they'll realize their ability to revolt.

foobardog posted:

That just means we can possibly have yet another product contributing to the fatbergs in the sewer system.

Like with seaweed as a base it's probably actually biodegradable, but still...
It's almost exactly like a Tide or Dishwasher detergent pod, but completely flavorless and minimally textured blend of glycerin and cellulose that melts in your mouth within seconds. I work with one of the world's top seaweed researchers (he's retired but not really retired and apparently bringing in grants north of $100m) and this is one of the products they can make with minimal processing that produces a strong, tough, capsules that are insoluble on the inside, but water soluble on the outside and dissolve entirely when put in the mouth. On top of that, the "waste" product is nutritionally rich biomass that can either be used as agricultural fertilizer or just dumped as a carbon sink. On top of that, the reason that it makes such a good fertilizer and carbon sink is that the stuff that isn't going into whiskey tide pods is the non-slimy component of seaweed and is optimal for bioremidiation of excess nitrogen and phosphorus runoff from inland farms with a growth zone starting at the mouths of rivers and extending out to a depth of about 100 feet. It's a truly awesome process and the only reason Long Island Sound isn't deader than the dead sea.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
so what you're saying i should eat as many of these whisky pods as i can, to help.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

GWBBQ posted:

The How Stuff Works guy literally wrote a dystopian/utopian Sci-Fi story about this 7 years ago
https://marshallbrain.com/manna.htm

Not seven. Sixteen.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

other people posted:

so what you're saying i should eat as many of these whisky pods as i can, to help.

shove them up your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the depressing part of that is I can think of a lot of uses for the waste product and almost none for the actual material. so capitalists won't make more than they need for gag gifts basically