Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I smoke every single day from my THC concentrate vape and occasionally from pieces/bongs and I don't smoke noticeably more than I did 5 years ago. :shrug:

I'm just saying people who think weed is addictive or creates a dependency are full of poo poo and probably don't even smoke weed.

whats THC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

tender hugging care

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

bell jar posted:

tender hugging care

oh! buddy that's the prollem right there. you're huggin ghosts. probably got much haunted lungs. got yourself Swayze Aviolii.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Look the point is just self-medicating is bad because there are actual issues you're self-medicating for that need fixing or like, actual medicating.

And sometimes fixing or actual medicating isn't possible! This 14 year old isn't going to be able to magically make his home life less lovely, although god willing he gets out when he's 18 if it's messing him up so hard. Obviously when the kid is actively high and not really thinking straight, talking about it isn't going to help much and taking him to get cheap fast food and chill out is better than screaming at him or punishing him. People are just saying don't ignore why he was getting high, since it wasn't just to have fun every once in a while.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The_Franz posted:

Who exactly is going to "write him up" for not wearing a shirt? A residential neighborhood isn't an elementary school playground.

e: He should start working on his car wearing a speedo.

HOA getting out of hand maybe?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think people got confused about whether Chucky Hammers meant that “self-medication always escalates” as in today it’s weed but give it time and the kid will be breaking into construction sites to steal copper wiring and ploughing all the profits into buying meth, or as in he’s gonna end up needing to smoke more and more to get high and that’s expensive

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I smoke every single day from my THC concentrate vape and occasionally from pieces/bongs and I don't smoke noticeably more than I did 5 years ago. :shrug:

I'm just saying people who think weed is addictive or creates a dependency are full of poo poo and probably don't even smoke weed.

Oh my God, why do so many people get so defensive and blatantly lie when people say anything that can be even remotely negative about weed.

Of course it's addictive, it turns bad feelings into good ones, and masks mental and relieves physical pain.

Besides, your experience (at least from what I gather in your post) is more just smoking to chill out, relax, and have fun. The boy is smoking to have a momentary escape from a lovely home situation, which is the exact kind of person that would end up doing something harder. No one is saying it's the weed acting as a gateway, it's a specific type of situation that could get worse.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me (25F) with boyfriend (28M) and a wedding disaster where me and the bride wore the same dress (not white!)

Been a sub lurker for a while, but this is the first time I’ve ever needed to post!

Context: I’ve been dating Matt for 6months and was excited to be his plus one to a wedding of some of his college friends. I’ve met a couple of his friends but he moved pretty recently before meeting me so this is the first time I was going to meet most of his longtime friends.

The wedding invite said formal so Matt wore a very nice suit and I wore a floor length green dress I had purchased from ASOS or Lulus (not a crazy fancy store or anything!) for a company thing last Christmas. It’s a nice formal dress but nothing insanely fancy and it was like $100 but it is distinctive because of some sparkly embellishments.

Well, we sit down for the ceremony and after everyone processes the bride comes in, we all stand, I’m on the aisle because f*** me and my luck and the bride is wearing the SAME MODEL OF DRESS in red. She sees me because I’m on the drat aisle and stares daggers at me and I feel AWFUL, but obviously the ceremony is starting so I can’t LEAVE.

They do the ceremony, they walk out, and everyone goes to walk to the reception hall that is close by and I see people sort of look at me. I had no better idea of what to do so I told my boyfriend that I thought it would be better if I left and he was sad and tried to get me to stay but eventually agreed that I was getting some negative looks.

To make things worse, today my boyfriend says people made several comments to him about my dress that night, and he said the bride didn’t mention the dress but was mad that I left because they paid for my dinner and told him I seemed “rude”. Matt says he defended me and that he is on my side because it was an unfortunate accident, but I’m at a loss for what to do.

I’m all for people wearing whatever they want on their wedding day, and obviously with ALL THE DRESSES THAT EXSIST this is probably one of the rarest things in the world and didn’t even cross the brides mind, but I still feel bad and I feel like the bride was judging me on something there is no possible way I could have done on purpose.

The reason I’m here is because I don’t know how the hell to approach this group of friends now. I really like Matt. I hope we’re together for a long time, and if we are I am going to have to see and interact with this close group of friends again. What the hell do I do? Do I send an apology letter? Do I pretend it never happened? Do I do nothing and hope they forgive me? How do I handle his friends reddit?

TLDR: me and bride worse some model of dress in different colors. I left. His friends think I’m an rear end. How do I save a future relationship with boyfriends closest friends

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (23F) BF (25M) suddenly notorious for a weird sex thing; how to I treat him when he gets home.

I've been living with my BF for about a year, we were together for six months before that; he's always been a great guy, funny and very supportive. Our sex life has been good; he's very fit and sort of unstoppable, when he starts on those long strokes he can keep going until, well you get the idea. I can't say we've been very good at talking about sex, but that didn't seem to matter, well it certainly didn't matter to me since I've been getting what I want out of it.

Earlier today I was sent a video from an anonymous gmail address, it seems like all sort of people we know got it too. It's really weird; it shows my BF wanking over a huge pile of plastic dinosaurs, hundreds of them, mostly stegasauruses, some triceratops, a few brontosauruses; all those little plastic models that are maybe four centimetres long. I can't identify the room and it isn't clear who is filming. After he cums, the camera zooms in on his spunk dripping down through the pile and you can see they are all encrusted with dried cum. It is disgusting.

He is working late shifts as a computer tech guy so I'm expecting him home in about an hour. I've tried calling him and texting but got no answer, that isn't so unusual, he isn't good about that kind of thing so I don't know if he knows everyone has seen the video. I have no idea how I'm going to react; obviously I am very embarrassed, mortified in fact, at the thought of everyone seeing it and basically the whole thing is weird. I also feel a bit betrayed, it's freaky that I don't know where the pile of dinosaurs is particularly as it seems from the encrusted cum that they stay there in their pile from session to session. I don't know if all the cum is his, maybe he is in some sort of club. I feel I'm angry but maybe I need to try to understand this, maybe he couldn't face telling me his secret and that makes me sad. I literally have no idea how I will react when I see him or how I should react. I had literally no clue; he does have a plastic dinosaur, a tyrannosaurus rex with tiny arms, he leaves on his side table. I am trying to remember if he ever looks at it during sex.

TLDNR: I have seen a video of my bf masturbating over a pile of plastic dinosaurs; my friends have seen it too. I feel humilated, should I be angry or should I try to understand

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Miserable Maid posted:

Oh my God, why do so many people get so defensive and blatantly lie when people say anything that can be even remotely negative about weed.

I had always assumed that it was mostly a knee-jerk reaction as a result of being exposed to conservative zealots fighting to keep weed illegal.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Miserable Maid posted:

Of course it's addictive, it turns bad feelings into good ones, and masks mental and relieves physical pain.

It's not addictive in the same sense as opioids where you become physically dependent on them and can die from the withdrawal symptoms.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The defense of self-medicating is just the usual brigade of alcoholics getting defensive, don't pay it too much mind. They can stop any time they want.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Winter Stormer posted:

Ah, the daughter who escaped the Gurglespurts finally posts

4'11" and 300+ pounds is literally spherical, right?

Here's 5'2", 290 (and poly)
for comparison: http://height-weight-chart.com/502-290.html

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Idunno, saying you smoke weed/vape thc every day for 5 years like its no big deal is maybe not the best argument against dependency. Do a sober month just to see how it feels

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

The_Franz posted:

It's not addictive in the same sense as opioids where you become physically dependent on them and can die from the withdrawal symptoms.

I don’t think you can die from opioid withdrawals—you’ll feel like poo poo but afaik the only drugs you can die from withdrawing from are GABA agonists like booze and benzos

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

goethe.cx posted:

I don’t think you can die from opioid withdrawals—you’ll feel like poo poo but afaik the only drugs you can die from withdrawing from are GABA agonists like booze and benzos

https://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/blog/yes-people-can-die-opiate-withdrawal

quote:

It is generally thought that opiate withdrawal is unpleasant but not life-threatening, but death can, and does, occur. The complications of withdrawal are often underestimated and monitored inadequately.

The opioid withdrawal syndrome is often characterised as a flu-like illness, subjectively severe but objectively mild. Signs and symptoms include dysphoria, insomnia, pupillary dilation, piloerection, yawning, muscle aches, lacrimation, rhinorrhea, nausea, fever, sweating, vomiting and diarrhoea.

How could someone die during opiate withdrawal? The answer lies in the final two clinical signs presented above, vomiting and diarrhoea. Persistent vomiting and diarrhoea may result, if untreated, in dehydration, hypernatraemia (elevated blood sodium level) and resultant heart failure.

People can, and do, die from opiate withdrawal – and all such deaths are preventable, given appropriate medical management.

It is essential that clinical management programs are put in place routinely in jails, prisons and other facilities where withdrawal is likely in order to avert these avoidable deaths.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (23F) BF (25M) suddenly notorious for a weird sex thing; how to I treat him when he gets home.

I've been living with my BF for about a year, we were together for six months before that; he's always been a great guy, funny and very supportive. Our sex life has been good; he's very fit and sort of unstoppable, when he starts on those long strokes he can keep going until, well you get the idea. I can't say we've been very good at talking about sex, but that didn't seem to matter, well it certainly didn't matter to me since I've been getting what I want out of it.

Earlier today I was sent a video from an anonymous gmail address, it seems like all sort of people we know got it too. It's really weird; it shows my BF wanking over a huge pile of plastic dinosaurs, hundreds of them, mostly stegasauruses, some triceratops, a few brontosauruses; all those little plastic models that are maybe four centimetres long. I can't identify the room and it isn't clear who is filming. After he cums, the camera zooms in on his spunk dripping down through the pile and you can see they are all encrusted with dried cum. It is disgusting.

He is working late shifts as a computer tech guy so I'm expecting him home in about an hour. I've tried calling him and texting but got no answer, that isn't so unusual, he isn't good about that kind of thing so I don't know if he knows everyone has seen the video. I have no idea how I'm going to react; obviously I am very embarrassed, mortified in fact, at the thought of everyone seeing it and basically the whole thing is weird. I also feel a bit betrayed, it's freaky that I don't know where the pile of dinosaurs is particularly as it seems from the encrusted cum that they stay there in their pile from session to session. I don't know if all the cum is his, maybe he is in some sort of club. I feel I'm angry but maybe I need to try to understand this, maybe he couldn't face telling me his secret and that makes me sad. I literally have no idea how I will react when I see him or how I should react. I had literally no clue; he does have a plastic dinosaur, a tyrannosaurus rex with tiny arms, he leaves on his side table. I am trying to remember if he ever looks at it during sex.

TLDNR: I have seen a video of my bf masturbating over a pile of plastic dinosaurs; my friends have seen it too. I feel humilated, should I be angry or should I try to understand

just leave him, what kind of explanation could he give that would be reassuring or make that not bad

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

just leave him, what kind of explanation could he give that would be reassuring or make that not bad

that's the greatest writing prompt of all time

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Smirking_Serpent posted:

that's the greatest writing prompt of all time

“I bet you’re wondering how I got here”, he said, standing over a pile of Dollar General dinosaurs while holding his willy. “I’ll have to go back to when I was five...”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You dont understand, if I dont do this the world ends

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tipsy Hippy Canoe (or a spliffarooni) :rznv:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

/r/cummingonfigurines

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Curse his sudden but inevitable ejaculation

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its not what it looks like, he shouts, I put newspaper down under them first!!!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Sounds like someone forgot to pay their findom. That's why I use autopay.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Sounds like a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pinecone Sample posted:

It's time to police a woman's body!

My (19F) boyfriend (19M) of 4 years thinks I've been taking shits to avoid him

I like that your bf knows he's so boring that taking a dump is better than talking to him.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Grumio posted:

Sounds like a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
/r/relationships: I don't know if all the cum is his, maybe he is in some sort of club.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

goethe.cx posted:

/r/cummingonfigurines

I read "TLDNR" as Too Long; Do Not Resuscitate which I think would be a good sign off for the majority of r/relationships posts.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pirate Radar posted:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I think being a weirdo who cums on dinosaurs is pretty weird but not sure if its grounds for separation

I mean, we all like to cum on piles of toys sometimes, right?

right

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but my first thought on reading this is that it's an attempt by email spammers to try and convince people that those "We have video of you wanking and will send it to everyone if you don't give us Bitcoin" emails are real. Probably would have believed it more if it was My Little Ponies instead of dinosaurs.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Step 1: don't let people film you as you debase yourself with your horrific unspeakable fetish
Step 2:

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
posting with five barbies stuffed inside my rear end in a top hat

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

fauna posted:

posting with five barbies stuffed inside my rear end in a top hat

For your next trick you’ll throw five shrimp on them

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

And after 20 minutes in a dutch oven, they're ready to serve!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for taking my 14 yr old nephew who was stoned to mcdonalds instead of calling.my sister?
jeez man I bet your sister would have loved some mcdonald's too. rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I can never see this gif without hearing the song (thanks ytmnd). Perfect audio for the post too: loving dinosaurs.