Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The Bramble posted:

And after 20 minutes in a dutch oven, they're ready to serve!

not without a celery stalk they ain't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinecone Sample posted:

It's time to police a woman's body!

My (19F) boyfriend (19M) of 4 years thinks I've been taking shits to avoid him

poo poo with the door open and keep talking

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I got pregnant at 16, my parents disowned me and tried taking custody of my daughter. After 10 years my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and both want to reconnect with me and get to know their grandchild. I need help on how to handle this.

quote:

I am very sorry if this is convoluted and riddled with grammar and spelling mistakes.

At 16 I slep with my good friend Jared . The condom broke and my daughter was created. My parents , who were great until this point, didn't like that and wanted me to get an abortion. I couldn't bring it over myself to. I wanted to keep the baby. Ofcourse my parents told me to pack my stuff and leave the house and their life's. So I did. I went to my friends house and his parents took me in. They weren't thrilled but they said that we all had to help as a new family member was in the making.

In that time my friend and I started to develop feelings for each other.

I had my daughter and about 2 moths later Jared's brother came back into their life's. He was a recovering Heroin addict. As we had the baby, my mother in law told him he could not stay with us. Eventually they let him stay more and more and he was spending nights until he had a relapse and stole a bunch of stuff. My parents got wind of that. They dug up a bunch of stuff and found out that my MIL also fought addiction after an accident she had 15 years ago left her addicted to pain mends.

So they called cps on us and a whole rear end investigation was opened. It was a dark time I thought they were going to take my baby. In the end they didn't find anything substantial.

But them calling cps on me transformed into a tradition over the years. As it was a small town every mistake I made got back to my parents.

I was half an hour late to pick up due to my job? Cps charges because neglect. I was out after 10 pm with my toddler(this happened twice because we went to family gatherings) . Cps.

Christmas loads of people stayed at Jared's house because it was a big family. Cps because many strange men were there.

They eventually stopped it because they were fined for calling them on me unnecessarily. If they had done it more I think it could have been an offence.

The last call was 5 years ago.

Eventually Jared and I married when we were 23 and we are quite happy. We worked retail jobs and studied. It took us longer than average to graduate but we did. With a lot of help of his parents. Jared is now an engineer and I work as a graphic designer.

We were able to afford a big flat and finally moved out of his parent's house. Our life's look normal now.

Anyway a week ago I get a call fromy mother who told me my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and that his ultimate wish is to see me and my daughter again.

I don't really know what to do. Because while they didn't have to take care of my while I was pregnant I wished they had at least supported me. And while I get that they were panicking because they thought I was going to be an unfit mother, they made my life hell for 5 years.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (23F) BF (25M) suddenly notorious for a weird sex thing; how to I treat him when he gets home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPAxUN50eE

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

My (29F) mother (59F) has extreme gender bias when it comes to grandchildren and keeps pressuring me to get pregnant

quote:

My mother has been wanting a grandchild for some time. I had a very bad experience being pregnant about five years ago that could have killed me, so while I will still attempt to have a child eventually, I want to make sure that I am physically, mentally, and financially prepared for it, as my OBGYN states that the condition will most likely occur every pregnancy.

She has massive baby fever and keeps bugging me about it. I usually brush her off or tell her my feelings about it, but it doesn't help. I tell her that she is not asking for some small thing from me. She is also dismissive of the fact that I went through something traumatic with the first pregnancy.

What's worse, she wants a GRANDDAUGHTER. She has deep seated issues with men. My poor younger brother (18M) knows that she wanted him to be a girl. When my niece was pregnant, my mother kept shouting "girl!" at the baby shower (niece wanted to wait until birth to know the gender).

My SO and I don't care what the gender is, as long as it's healthy. It would be so disheartening to know that when I do finally have a baby, knowing my mother would love it less if it's a boy.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (23F) BF (25M) suddenly notorious for a weird sex thing; how to I treat him when he gets home.

He's making the next generation of dinosaur/human hybrids. It's science :science:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

I (25M) broke up with my girlfriend (25F) of 7 years after emotionally cheating with a coworker (25F) who admitted feelings for me. Coworker drew a line due to work, now I'm regretting everything and I think I gave up my life for a fantasy.

quote:

Tl;dr at bottom.

I am a 25 year old male, very successful working in a competitive field. I met my ex in college 7 years ago, we have lived together for 5 years. We have had many rough patches and she struggles with on-going depression. However, we've always stuck it out. Sometimes, I felt like I was staying out of convenience - we share a beautiful apartment and have two cats.

About 8 months ago, I met a girl at work and now we work VERY closely together. I felt some connection, but never acted on it. Things were good with my ex, but I realized I just wasn't very happy. I felt like she had taken over our apartment and it was draining coming home to someone who was unhappy every day. I confided in this coworker and she gave me really great, honest advice. Later on she seemed like she was holding something back, so I pushed her and she admitted that she had a long-term crush on me. Frankly, the feelings were mutual, but we both were aware that it would jeopardize our work life.

Moving forward a few days, I met with a therapist and broke the news to my girlfriend that I wanted to break up. It caught her off guard, and it has been very hard for the both of us. Emotionally, I feel empty and there is a huge amount of guilt. She constantly bombards me with apologies and signs of dedication. Financially, we were doing great together and this will be a huge stress to both of us. I began to look at apartments and put in for lease termination, she is moving back across the country on Saturday. She does not want this, and she has given me the undeserved option to take it all back and go to couples counseling.

Last night, my coworker and I were casually talking and she let me know that she has been thinking a lot and decided it was not worth the career risk. She drew the line, and obviously I respect her enough to know that there is no chance. I honestly was not expecting to date her anyway, in fact I don't know if I'm ready to date anyone, but taking things off the table had a bigger impact than I thought. As a note, things are great at work and my coworker and I have no ill feelings, though I'm a little hurt. Additionally, the apartment search has gone terribly even with an apartment locating company to help. I will be downgrading in every aspect - longer commute, more expensive, lower quality, smaller apartments. I will probably have to live with a roommate again. The thought of trying to date again makes me feel sick and I have no interest in apps or online dating. I told my ex that there was nobody else and that I was just doing this for me, but now I realize that I was just validating my feelings about a coworker with all of the other problems in our relationship (and not the other way around).

Things felt okay (not good) when I thought my coworker could be something. I underestimated my feelings for her and now that there is no opportunity I feel very not okay. I realize I'm a terrible, very selfish person and essentially cheated (not physically) on my girlfriend of 7 years. I feel like this is a classic case of "I made the bed I have to sleep in". Even the fact that I wasn't happy coming home to my own apartment is in the trash because I'll have to end up having a roommate anyway. However, I also recognize that this is a really hard time for me too, and I can't tell if I'm just feeling this way out of loneliness, convenience, or what. Truthfully, I have a chance to salvage my life with the only person whose ever fought for me, despite all of our other (very important) difficulties at the small cost of probably pissing off my coworker. My ex has claimed she would do anything to keep me. Am I thinking about extending my relationship, which I deemed failing just last week, only because I'm lonely or have I realized that I'm making the worst mistake of my life and giving up everything for a fantasy of what could be. I can come clean, explain to my ex what I've done, learn what I need and what she needs, and ask her to stay. Alternatively, I stick with the fate I've laid out for myself and try to get my life back together with the hope that I was right about all of the problems in our relationship that were making me miserable, independent of my childish crush.

Tl;dr I was more attracted to a coworker than I thought and think I may have relied on this as an out to my difficult relationship of 7 years. Coworker is off the table, now I'm realizing that I may have thrown away the perfect life. Have the opportunity to salvage and keep my GF, but it does not solve all of our problems and I don't know if I'm making a dumb choice because I might be lonely and massively inconvenienced.

As a final aside, I realize what I've done and I feel terrible. I just want to be happy and have worked at this relationship my hardest for a very long time - this was not a decision purely based on lust for another woman. I'm disappointed in myself and frankly disgusted with my decisions. I'm not asking for sympathy, I just want advice on how to proceed - do I try to take things back or am I just feeling a lot of regret because the future is so unclear?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

I got pregnant at 16, my parents disowned me and tried taking custody of my daughter. After 10 years my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and both want to reconnect with me and get to know their grandchild. I need help on how to handle this.

"you were dead to me from 16-23. don't call this number again"

:pray:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for insisting if I can't have my partner over, neither can anyone else?

quote:

Throwaway bc flatmates have reddit.

So I [20m] live in a flat with 3 other people; childhood best friend [23f], a guy from my uni course [20m] and his cousin [26f]. For the most part we get along really well and rarely have disagreements. However this has been a real point of contention lately.

About six months ago I began a relationship with a guy I've known for a couple of years [21m]. I know it's still a fairly new relationship but I really like him, he makes me really happy and we're pretty serious about each other. Up until recently, he would come visit me at my flat 3-4 times a week. This was mostly due to the fact that I have chronic fatigue and going on "proper" dates can be really challenging for me. Instead of going out to dinner or a film or whatever, we'd just chill in my room or the living room, watch TV and get takeout or cook together. I didn't really consult anyone about this becsuse a) all the other flatmates have their partners over as often if not moreso and b) he rarely spends the night and usually leaves before 10PM because of his work schedule.

So the issue: two weeks ago 26f comes to me and tells me that I need to stop having my boyfriend over because it's "starting to get annoying". I asked her why and she said it's irritating to have someone who doesn't live there "skulking around all the time". I pointed out that her boyfriend sleeps over three nights a week and thus is here more often than mine and she claimed that was different because they've been together for 11 years and are moving in together once her lease is up. She said she's discussed it with the other flatmates and they've all agreed he needs to stop coming over or he has to chip in to the rent because it's "getting ridiculous". Note: nobody else's partner chips in on the rent. I confirmed with the other two that yes, this is an agreement they've made, though my best friend said 26f basically made her agree by threatening to cut off the wifi and utilities, which are in her name, if she didn't. I asked if this rule applies to everyone but apparently it's just me. I pointed out that it's unfair and was basically told to deal with it.

My potential assholery: I've begun loudly insisting that if my partner isn't allowed to come over, neither is anybody else's. If I answer the door to anyone's partner I'll send them away. If I come home and someone's partner is there I'll make a point to mention that I thought we weren't having partners who don't pay rent over any more. I've asked 26f's boyfriend over and over how much rent he's paying and pretend to be affronted and make a fuss when he says he doesn't. Everyone's pretty pissed at me and is telling me I'm being unreasonable. I know I'm being petty, but I think it's unreasonable that there's one rule for me and another for everyone else and I'm trying to make that point. Am I really the rear end in a top hat here?

Just to pre-emptively stave off confusion, OP and his partner are both men

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

DemoneeHo posted:

"You're already dead to me"

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

"is it because we Are a gay couple?", Most likely reason but probably fixes the problem right away

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Skip the rest of my post if you're not in the mood for a downer:

Wife (38F) is convinced that she is pregnant even though that every pregnancy test (store-bought and medical) comes back negative. It's taking a toll on our mariage because she thinks I am going to abandon her and "our twins"

quote:

This is all over the place. I really need help.

My wife and I (M42) have been married for 2 years together for 15.

All this time we had either not decided to have kids or had problems getting pregnant. After some medical testing we found out that it was near impossible to get pregnant due to some medical issues with her.

We were thinking of adopting when one day she came home and told me she was expecting. Ofcourse I was super happy .

A week later we had an appointment at the gyno and she had some blood drawn. The test came back negative and ofcourse I was devastated but she wasn't. She claimed that she was pregnant and that the doctor was wrong. We took some more store-bought ones and they all came back negative. My wife is in complete denial. Now she claims we are having twins. She is buying them clothes and decorations and is pressuring me to start with the nursery.

I am at a loss and don't know what to do. My inaction is making her believe that I want to leave them and that I am going to doom my wife into the life of a single mom.

What the f is even happening. I love her but I don't know what to do.

Edit : forgott to add. I have tried talking her into therapy but she accuses me of gaslighting her

little update/edit: thank you guys you really helped me out. Yesterday was a bad day and you helped me get clarity. I've had a chat with our doctor who will now be handling this with us. I would like to thank most of you with useful advice and hopefully I will be able to update good news someday. But a gently caress you to those that said I should divorce her because she is "crazy" and an extra gently caress you to the guy that used this post to push his anti abortion agenda.

Update : Wife (38F) is convinced that she is pregnant even though that every pregnancy test (store-bought and medical) comes back negative. It's taking a toll on our mariage because she thinks I am going to abandon her and "our twins"

quote:

It has not been that long but i need again advice from you guys about the same topic.

(Original Post)

I called up our primary doctor and told him about the problem . He seemed very concerned and wanted us to come see him the next morning . He said it was important to be gentle but not feed into her delusions. I sat her down and we talked. All she wanted to talk about is when i would get the nursery started and that we were on a time crunch, and how she has found a perfect color for the room, how she wants me to be more involved in her pregnancy . I tried to be very calm but i was very perturbed by seeing her that way. I asked her to go to the doctor with me tommorow. She said yes, that she wanted to check on the babies either ways. Now i took some advice and words you gave me about being calm and asking a bit why she think she is pregnant without calling her delusional . So I did. She kept changing subjects or saying that " A mother just feels it. You wouldn't know how it is " then i said that i loved her really much that i would never think of leaving her but we needed to go to the doctor to confirm her "gut feeling ". She got very agitated and was crying telling me that if I wanted to leave her i should simply leave but I shouldn't call her a liar.

Somehow i managed to calm her down enough for her to go to sleep.

After she did i went on her computer. I do never snoop on her. But i remembered a commenter pointing out forums about cryptic pregnancy and so i went for the look out . Oh boy. She was in 2 facebook groups. One was a normal Mommy facebook group and the other was a group about women that believed they were pregnant. In the "normal" group she would post updates about her symptoms and pictures of her "belly" and her story about how she was almost not able to have children but thats to the "grace of god that kissed her tummy" the "gift of life was given to her " and how she was compensated for all this years of suffering with twins. in the other group the women were quite literally, and exuse me here , loving insane. They were feeding in each others delusions. A woman said that she was almost 2 years pregnant and how sometimes it just takes longer. My wife would post there complaining about doctors that do not take her seriously and about me. So many women were making her fear that i would leave. Saying things like men can not stick to a woman . Many recounted their stories about how their marriages broke down because their spouses could not "handle the pregnancy".

I was really loving scared. I researched phantom pregnancies and i read somewhere that that could also be a sign of schizophrenia. So to say the least i could not sleep. I was and am still very afraid of losing her. She woke up and I tried to act like nothing was wrong . We were going to the doctor. And it was as if nothing had happened yesterday. She was convinced that we were going to a pregnancy check up. Things got really bad when we began talking to the doctor. He was really tactful when talking to my wife. He tried to explain her that it was medically impossible that she was pregnant. We tried to show her tests, the ultrasound we did the day before but nothing. She got more agitated and began to cry and the scream at me for making her look like a crazy person . She began bouncing back and forth and holding her head with both hands . We could not calm her she went in on a full on panic attack . She could not breathe. The doctor laid her down and tried giving her some medicine for her to relax but it did not help as he didn't have the necessary tools to treat a panic attack that was that bad . She had to go to the hospital where they took care of her. Did an EKG to exclude that she was suffering a heart attack.

At that point i really had no other option than to inquire about Involuntary commit. So I could not do it myself . I needed my doctors statement that she was a danger to herself and others and he had to initiate the process of an involuntary examination of 72 hours . After that we will have to submit a written statement to the court to determine wether on not she can stay there "against her will". So far i have submitted all her posts in both facebook groups aswell as the test we did with timestamps when possible . My wife is 2 days in the 3 days examination and i have no contact to her. When i last her she was furious with me. She said i was taking away her freedom which I am. i fell horrible, dirty and useless. She is so mad at me. I feel like I am abandoning her and don't know how she will ever forgive me this. I love her with all my heart. I am afraid of what will happend if the courts decide that i can't commit her, how our life will be affected . I feel like i failed to protect her. At this point I am just rambeling . Sorry for the long post i guess i just need to vent because i have no one else to really turn to that just wants to listen . I feel judged by everyone and pittied ... i just hate it . Sorry for spelling mistakes

edit : I will not fuckin leave my wife you unempathetic dickheads! When I gave my vows I meant trough illness and bad times. I am not only on the ride for the good times. If you truly love somone you will do whatever it takes to see them healthy again. Would you leave your spouse if they went trough a severe physical illnes?? I am here to stay. I will not divorce her. She is not a "loving psycho" she is sick. I hope no one of your loved ones ever has to go trough this because their support net will consist of cowardly dickheads.

Sorry for the rant. But if you want to say something line divorce that nut don't even bother. I understand people that make the choice to leave if the situation when it Beginns to mess with their mental health and I respect that but I won't do that.

Edit 2: my wife didn't have a heart attack. She was examined because panic attacks register with similar symptoms as heart attacks

I don't exactly know what our doctor gave her as I was so distraught. But I was not a sedative. I think it was something along the lines of Valium or Baldrian. Over the counter stuff mostly.

She has family. She is estranged from most of them. Her sister is now at our place to help.

Also refrain from such stupid comments like "I'll bet she will leave bro. She is cray how did you marry her" because they are not helpful at all. Specially the bets that are going on that my wife will leave me once she gets better. Just seems like you want me to divorce. Get a life.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Another bonkers office from Ask a Manager.

my coworkers make orgasm sounds while I’m on the phone

quote:

My office prides itself on our fun, casual culture and how we are all a “family.” I’m not a fan of this, but I’ve been working there for almost three years and it’s been okay, if slightly annoying at times, until now. Two and a half months ago at an after-work happy hour event, a bunch of us were discussing movies when the conversation turned to When Harry Met Sally and from there to the scene where Meg Ryan simulates an orgasm. Some female employees –including multiple managers and people from several departments — then decided to have a contest to see who could fake it the best. I did not participate in either the contest or the judging and was a bit uncomfortable, but it also was pretty funny and after work hours, so I didn’t really worry about it too much.

If it had just been the one time, I would still have that attitude, but the department that works next to mine has decided to make this a regular event. I don’t think it’s a contest anymore and not everyone in the department participates, but “Fake it Friday” happens every week. This would be bad enough on its own, but to make it worse, I work in customer support and the noises are loud enough that I worry customers can hear them on the other end of the phone. Our headsets are very sensitive, and I know customers can often hear the sounds of people talking, though never clearly enough to know what they’re saying.

I’ve mentioned to my manager that the noise travels, and she asked their manager, Kate, to have them keep it down, but Kate doesn’t want to tell them to stop altogether because she thinks it helps them blow off steam. They did get quieter for two weeks, but then got loud again.

The real problem is less the volume and more the fact that it’s happening at all, but I don’t know how to address it. I know that I’m not the only one in my department who is uncomfortable, but everyone else seems to be writing it off as part of our “fun” office. As far as I know, no one feels sexually harassed, but it feels like something that could be brought up in a lawsuit if someone chose to bring one. For what it’s worth, no one in the other department seems pressured to participate — about half of them fake it on any given Friday, and I haven’t noticed any repercussions for those who choose not to, though I’m obviously not sure.

Our HR is generally not very effective (because we’re “all family”), and I tend to think that HR is usually not the answer anyway, but I don’t really know where to go from here. I’m not going to ask if this is normal or appropriate, because I refuse to believe that it is, but is there anything I can do?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

zakharov posted:

"As far as I know nobody feels sexually harassed."

Are you sure, OP? It sounds like maybe you feel sexually harassed, so this sexually charged conduct seems to make you uncomfortable...

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

DemoneeHo posted:

My (29F) mother (59F) has extreme gender bias when it comes to grandchildren and keeps pressuring me to get pregnant
Same answer to both: remember that "gently caress off" is a complete sentence.

zakharov posted:

There's not much worse than a teacher or manager that values being friends with their pupils/staff more than doing their loving job properly. Go to HR so they can get Kate to sort her poo poo out.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wearing a bikini during a work trip/vacation?

My company took my team to another city for a week for a conference. It was an extended trip with a lot of free time, so we all did some fun things too and the trip turned out to be half work/half vacation. There is no beach in the city where I usually live, so I suggested that we all go to the beach one afternoon. At the beach, I stripped down to a bikini to sunbathe and go swimming. After I did that, a coworker pulled me aside and said that what I was wearing was inappropriate, that even though we had gone to the beach during the afternoon for fun, we had gone together as a team of colleagues and that we should not be dressed so "unprofessionally".

I did not take him seriously, and just blew him off, I had a lot of fun that day at the beach. However things have escalated at work now, there have been complaints lodged about my lack of professionalism and inability to take criticism and change. Complaints have been lodged with hr and my boss right now. It is worth noting that none of the others were wearing a bikini, they were dressed way more conservatively, even at the beach. AITA?

Edit : A lot of the guys were wearing swim shorts and no shirt or just a pair of boxers. I don't know how that is appropriate, but I'm not? All the women were wearing more clothes though, not even just bathing suits. The women were wearing t shirts/shirts with longish shorts/capris/pants. It is generally the women in my company who are conservative, but idk why this guy (who was very professionally dressed in just a pair of Jean's shorts) took it up on himself to instigate this

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That harlot! I bet she likes holding hands and watching movies while snuggled up against you, too! :bahgawd:

Ditch your idiot 'friends'.

E: on re-reading, lol, she actually does do the second one. The only one that seems a little weird is the teeth brushing so often but hey, dental hygiene is important and I could stand to brush more often myself

Yeah, I guess in this thread brushing your teeth often is pretty weird.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

MightyJoe36 posted:

Yeah, I guess in this thread brushing your teeth often is pretty weird.

If i recall, the post was talking about 4 to 5 times a day. This is not within commonly accepted medical guidelines, as it increases the risk of sensitivity and loss of enamel.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My [27F] father [56M] told my brother [16M] to “man up” because he plays the flute and just obtained his first major concert solo

Is the dad Hank Hill?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Pay it forward things like that are loving stupid. It’s never someone truly in need benefiting, it’s all the same rich suburban assholes who are paying for Starbucks coffee or hamburgers. It’s an exercise in posturing and if you want to “pay it forward” go volunteer at a soup kitchen or research charities that you like and find one that is actually well-managed.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DemoneeHo posted:

Your parents and trash and probably lying about this. Don't meet with them, simply tell them not to contact you again and when they inevitably do, file a restraining order.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've been living with my BF for about a year, we were together for six months before that; he's always been a great guy, funny and very supportive. Our sex life has been good; he's very fit and sort of unstoppable, when he starts on those long strokes he can keep going until, well you get the idea. I can't say we've been very good at talking about sex, but that didn't seem to matter, well it certainly didn't matter to me since I've been getting what I want out of it.

Earlier today I was sent a video from an anonymous gmail address, it seems like all sort of people we know got it too. It's really weird; it shows my BF wanking over a huge pile of plastic dinosaurs, hundreds of them, mostly stegasauruses, some triceratops, a few brontosauruses; all those little plastic models that are maybe four centimetres long. I can't identify the room and it isn't clear who is filming. After he cums, the camera zooms in on his spunk dripping down through the pile and you can see they are all encrusted with dried cum. It is disgusting.

He is working late shifts as a computer tech guy so I'm expecting him home in about an hour. I've tried calling him and texting but got no answer, that isn't so unusual, he isn't good about that kind of thing so I don't know if he knows everyone has seen the video. I have no idea how I'm going to react; obviously I am very embarrassed, mortified in fact, at the thought of everyone seeing it and basically the whole thing is weird. I also feel a bit betrayed, it's freaky that I don't know where the pile of dinosaurs is particularly as it seems from the encrusted cum that they stay there in their pile from session to session. I don't know if all the cum is his, maybe he is in some sort of club. I feel I'm angry but maybe I need to try to understand this, maybe he couldn't face telling me his secret and that makes me sad. I literally have no idea how I will react when I see him or how I should react. I had literally no clue; he does have a plastic dinosaur, a tyrannosaurus rex with tiny arms, he leaves on his side table. I am trying to remember if he ever looks at it during sex.

TLDNR: I have seen a video of my bf masturbating over a pile of plastic dinosaurs; my friends have seen it too. I feel humilated, should I be angry or should I try to understand

Is he trying to make his own LaBrea Jizz Pit or something?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
very professionally dressed in just a pair of Jean's shorts

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Update - WIBTA if I still give my stepson the birthday gift I bought for him despite his mother asking me to hold it off for a month because she knows my gift will upstage hers and she wants to see him enjoy her gift first?

Hi Reddit, just dropping by to give you an update to my post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/cyadgx/wibta_if_i_still_give_my_stepson_the_birthday/

Jack celebrated his birthday in September, and as many of you suggested, I told him that I'm sorry but my gift for him was shipped late and would be arriving in two weeks. That way it didn't look like Kim made me do it, and the two of them had time to enjoy Kim's gift.

Kim thanked me for understanding her situation and said she is grateful that I was gracious about her request even though we don't have the best relationship. It's flattering to read that so many of you think that Joe and I are good people, but of course we aren't perfect and it took a lot of time for us to be in a civil place with Kim. It was humbling for Kim to ask me what she did and it also took a lot for me to let her have it. Hopefully this is the beginning of a better relationship for the three of us.

For those who are asking, I didn't put a lot of specific details in my post because I wanted to minimize the risk of being identified by someone I know in real life who might also be participating in this forum. But since a commenter in my original post already figured it out, yes, I bought Jack a horse. My family has a horse farm so 'where can you hide a horse for two weeks' is thankfully not a problem.

Jack already met his new partner last week and he is very happy with him!

Thank you all for your comments and I wish everyone the best.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DemoneeHo posted:

I really hope she just ghosts her parents, not even giving them the satisfaction of getting turned down after abusing their daughter as a teenager in her time of need.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Update - WIBTA if I still give my stepson the birthday gift I bought for him despite his mother asking me to hold it off for a month because she knows my gift will upstage hers and she wants to see him enjoy her gift first?

a horse. My family has a horse farm so 'where can you hide a horse for two weeks' is thankfully not a problem.

Jack already met his new partner last week and he is very happy with him!

Guillotine for everyone, but especially for the OP.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Guillotine for everyone, but especially for the OP.

And the horse too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The killer is the stabling fee, if you have pasture they're not bad.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

datajugend posted:

"is it because we Are a gay couple?", Most likely reason but probably fixes the problem right away

Oh, it's 100% definitely because they're a gay couple.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for not going to my high school friend's baby shower because her kids are unvaccinated?

quote:

I'll keep this as short as I can. Throwaway because mutual friends know my main account.

In the last couple of years, my best friend from high school has started jumping on the anti-vaxx train. Whatever, it's her business, no matter what I say could change her mind. We don't talk very much anymore anyway.

However, I am immuno-compromised due to health issues I have developed (that I really don't want to go into detail about, thank you). If I'm exposed to a virus, I will probably catch it, and how severe I have it will depend on whether I was vaccinated for it or not. For example, I get the flu shot every year, but I still catch the flu. If I do not start medical treatment right away, it will probably develop into something more serious, but if I wasn't vaccinated it'd probably be a LOT worse (talking overnight hospital stays). And that's even with my due diligence trying to take preventative measures, such as wearing a mask, taking vitamins, and just plain old avoiding going outside unless absolutely necessary.

As you can see, I do not want to be exposed to something like Measles or Chicken Pox. Nor do I want to be exposed to kids who might be carriers for serious diseases but not showing symptoms, or something. I take no chances.

Anyway the other day she messaged me out of the blue asking me to come to her baby shower. She already has two kids and I was never invited to any of their baby showers, but she also just started selling essential oils so, I dunno. I asked her if her kids will be there, and she said yes. I asked if she got them vaccinated, and she said no. I asked if it would be okay if I wore a medical mask. She said no, because they're "gross" and "will make everyone think you're sick".

I go on to explain how I'm immunocompromised and what that means, and she became very irate, telling me that the severity of the diseases I'm scared of are extremely overblown, how I'm more likely to catch things from vaccinated kids, et cetera. Basically all the Facebook Talking Points I've seen over and over. She also said she didn't appreciate me acting like her emphasis healthy kids are diseased just because they're unvaccinated.

So I said, "You're entitled to your wrong opinion. However, I'm sorry, but I won't be attending. I hope you have a wonderful baby shower, and congratulations."

She didn't like that answer. She made a public post on Facebook how some people are just SELFISH and nobody is there for her when she needs them the most and tagged me. Now a bunch of people, most of whom I considered friends, are mad at me.

I would have gone if she'd just let me wear a mask.

My mom thinks I should have just bit my tongue and gone instead of "starting some Facebook drama over a single afternoon" and how I "should have just said no right away instead of getting into a whole debate about your beliefs versus hers."

I don't know, I'm starting to regret standing my ground. AITA for starting this argument?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Such Fun posted:

And the horse too.

Poor ol' Freckles, hid at grandparents' ranch while Mom lied.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for not going to my high school friend's baby shower because her kids are unvaccinated?
gently caress that bitch, make up some sob story about how you're getting over pneumonia and she said it was more important to show up than to take care of your health

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my wife she couldnt be friends with a guy who asked to see her boobs?

My wife and her bestfriend have a mutual friend that they hang out with alot. She has cheated before and a guy said "no guy says your pretty hot and I'm sure you have nice boobs. Can I see them to give you a 10/10 rating?"

She showed me the text and I said "clearly he doesn't respect our relationship so you can't be friends with him."

She says im just a jealous prick but he hits on her all the time.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For "cheating" on a test and setting the curve?

Salutations. Recently, we had a test in my history class. Usually, a large portion of the test is multiple choice. Knowing this I searched for a quizlet and found the questions and answers my teacher uses on the test. Long story short I missed 5 points which was the best grade in the class, so I set the curve on the test. My friends are mad at me for setting the curve and lowering their scores. However, I think I deserved my grade and didnt cheat. With classes and my job I did not have to time to use more traditional methods of studying. AITA for using my resources?

Edit: Since most of you are calling me the rear end in a top hat, I'm going to be talking to my teacher and I will accept my punishment. Be on the lookout for an update tomorrow. Wish me luck.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Miserable Maid posted:

Oh my God, why do so many people get so defensive and blatantly lie when people say anything that can be even remotely negative about weed.

Of course it's addictive, it turns bad feelings into good ones, and masks mental and relieves physical pain.

They mean it's not physically addictive you numpty, of course anything that feels good can be mentally addictive.

Goddamn you're stupid, at least it matches well with your outrage.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Salutations. Recently, we had a test in my history class. Usually, a large portion of the test is multiple choice. Knowing this I searched for a quizlet and found the questions and answers my teacher uses on the test. Long story short I missed 5 points which was the best grade in the class, so I set the curve on the test. My friends are mad at me for setting the curve and lowering their scores. However, I think I deserved my grade and didnt cheat. With classes and my job I did not have to time to use more traditional methods of studying. AITA for using my resources?

Edit: Since most of you are calling me the rear end in a top hat, I'm going to be talking to my teacher and I will accept my punishment. Be on the lookout for an update tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I'm so glad I never had to deal with that bullshit.

The score you got was the score you got.

Ditto with A, B, C, etc. Actual mark out of 100% so I know exactly how well I did, not this 80ish percent correct.

That poo poo wouldn't fly in answering a question, so why would it be okay in grading a question?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That poo poo wouldn't fly in answering a question, so why would it be okay in grading a question?

Teacher and/or administrative incompetence.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

YTA for "Salutations," NTA for figuring out in advance what the questions would be. Problem lies with the teacher being so lazy that someone can find the test they're going to use.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Sunswipe posted:

YTA for "Salutations," NTA for figuring out in advance what the questions would be. Problem lies with the teacher being so lazy that someone can find the test they're going to use.

Also curve grading is ridiculous. Either the test was put together on material the teacher didn't cover, or the teacher did a bad job covering the material.

If the students just suck, they made their bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Mao
Apr 24, 2004

The Chinese Communist Party is the core of leadership of the whole Chinese people. Without this core, the cause of socialism cannot be victorious.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol I love how hard he tries to spin it at the end.