Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The only thing Warframe really unlocks is more Warframe, so yeah, not much reason to do things you hate.

I found fractures legit interesting when I did them. Mesa made it pretty easy, but keeping track of where enemies, were, getting energy that kind of thing was spicy enough to be a game.

This was before the burps, so had no reason not to do it in solo with a podcast anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If I've got like 150 ish creds to blow, should I spend it on cosmetics or potatoes from a plat efficiency standpoint? I want to get Mesa and maybe Nidus or Hildryn upgraded

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

StashAugustine posted:

If I've got like 150 ish creds to blow, should I spend it on cosmetics or potatoes from a plat efficiency standpoint? I want to get Mesa and maybe Nidus or Hildryn upgraded

150 isn't much. Save them for slots.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

If you're considering buying both and using a mix of plat and creds, cosmetics with creds. If you steeply prioritize the taters over the cosmetics then get the taters, but night wave taters are very inefficient.

Inzombiac posted:

150 isn't much. Save them for slots.

Can't buy slots with nightwave.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm a whore for cosmetics. I've made my Atlas look as close to the weird cyborg thing from that awful anime Genocyber as possible.

Don't YouTube its OST, while incredibly badass it's super gory in a way that 90s anime could only be.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tulip posted:

If you're considering buying both and using a mix of plat and creds, cosmetics with creds. If you steeply prioritize the taters over the cosmetics then get the taters, but night wave taters are very inefficient.

Can't buy slots with nightwave.

OH creds not plat. Durfffff

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

If you're talking about Nightwave creds, Nitain extract. It's the only reliable way to get it. If you don't need those then scoop up the potatoes if you really need them, the credits are going away at the end of the week anyways.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

How is the Stradavar Prime?

I like it a lot, lots of ammo in the magazine with a decent reload speed gives it a ton of up time, and it has a pretty good crit chance as well.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

StashAugustine posted:

From a long term plat saved standpoint, cosmetics by a long shot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Anora posted:

I like it a lot, lots of ammo in the magazine with a decent reload speed gives it a ton of up time, and it has a pretty good crit chance as well.

It also has an awesome reload animation.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Tulip posted:

How To Optimize For Getting Punched In The Face

I've played around with this a little and I feel like you're missing a lot by not including Arcane Guardian and Adaptation. Basically every frame that comes up with Quick Thinking + Flow on the sheet can hit equivalent EHP values with Arcane Guardian + Vitality and avoid the drawbacks that come with Quick Thinking. And I feel like Arcane Guardian is in the same resource investment ballpark as 3x Umbral, which you're including in your comparison.

The 3x Umbral results would also look way less attractive if they were being compared to Vitality + Adaptation. With another tool that includes abilities and full mods (link) I get, for example, 20k EHP using 3x Umbral Atlas Prime with max rubble vs. 102k EHP with max rubble and Vitality + Adaptation. Adaptation beats the 3x Umbral build at 2 stacks, and will beat out armor stacking by 3-4 stacks in general. It's also way easier to build around.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

gnoma posted:

I've played around with this a little and I feel like you're missing a lot by not including Arcane Guardian and Adaptation. Basically every frame that comes up with Quick Thinking + Flow on the sheet can hit equivalent EHP values with Arcane Guardian + Vitality and avoid the drawbacks that come with Quick Thinking. And I feel like Arcane Guardian is in the same resource investment ballpark as 3x Umbral, which you're including in your comparison.

The 3x Umbral results would also look way less attractive if they were being compared to Vitality + Adaptation. With another tool that includes abilities and full mods (link) I get, for example, 20k EHP using 3x Umbral Atlas Prime with max rubble vs. 102k EHP with max rubble and Vitality + Adaptation. Adaptation beats the 3x Umbral build at 2 stacks, and will beat out armor stacking by 3-4 stacks in general. It's also way easier to build around.

remind me to look at this when I'm off work, but my initial reaction is skeptical, since empirical tests of Adaptation have gotten only a sliver of its paper utility. Which is part of why I excluded it from the test (the other being that Adaptation is of minimal use for OHKO - which is the thing that EHP is designed to measure).

Arcanes were excluded primarily because they are not mods, and so aren't competing on the limiting resource - mod slots. And I'd have to test it, but if Quick Thinking beats Vitality without Guardian, it will beat it with Guardian.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm by no means a Warframe theory crafter but if arcane whatevs can alleviate some of the slotting pressure -- shouldn't they be included?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I honestly wish there were other ways to get arcanes outside of Eidolons. I just don't enjoy it. And I don't mean vendor arcanes and stuff, I mean the arcanes that they do drop. I still think they should be the best source of them but choice is good?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Give me a super shard that lets me skip to hydrolyst.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Spudd posted:

I honestly wish there were other ways to get arcanes outside of Eidolons. I just don't enjoy it. And I don't mean vendor arcanes and stuff, I mean the arcanes that they do drop. I still think they should be the best source of them but choice is good?

i struggle to care about arcanes at all, but i def wish there were other ways to get riven transmuters. i also wish there was a more reliable way to farm lenses. i don't need any more revenant chassis gd it!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm by no means a Warframe theory crafter but if arcane whatevs can alleviate some of the slotting pressure -- shouldn't they be included?

That's a bit of a different question from what I set out with. The question wasn't "how to hit a given survival benchmark," it was "most EHP for a given restriction."

The primary formal restraint was "two mod slots," largely because, well, that's pretty close to how players seem to build frames in practice. I did play around with comparing to 1 mod slot, but gaps tended to be huge between 2 and 1, which got boring very fast. If wanted I could add that as another dimension of comparison, though it will likely be messy

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Pipski posted:

i struggle to care about arcanes at all, but i def wish there were other ways to get riven transmuters. i also wish there was a more reliable way to farm lenses. i don't need any more revenant chassis gd it!

Arcane Energize is just such a game changer. Once you get a rank 4 version + energy dash, energy really ceases to be a problem. I broke down and spent a grand worth of plat on finishing out my rank 4 energize and I've never regretted it for a second.

Then there's edge cases like "oh hey, this one arcane doubles mesa's exalted weapon damage."

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
How many nitain is too much? Like I think I have 30 or something.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Target Practice posted:

You need 189, according to the wiki.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Target Practice posted:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nitain_Extract has a list of the total amount of Nitain you need to build everything that needs it.

Currently the count is 189, plus another 18 if you're also doing clan research from scratch.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Target Practice posted:

Mostly depends on what you've built already. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nitain_Extract has a list i went down and roughly summed up what i still needed or wanted to build.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I remember people saying that nitain sold for nice amount of plat during the time between Nightwaves too?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you cant trade nitain

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Ember and Vauban updates got me a little, eh. From what I've read, Ember is not going to be fun to play due to her exploding with no real benefit and Vauban kit seems not that great. If the Ion Cannon came down quicker it would be awesome, but I rember reading somewhere that it takes like 5 seconds or something.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nitain_Extract has a list of the total amount of Nitain you need to build everything that needs it.

Currently the count is 189, plus another 18 if you're also doing clan research from scratch.

Technically, the answer depends on how many aura forma you want.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

throw to first drat IT posted:

I remember people saying that nitain sold for nice amount of plat during the time between Nightwaves too?

The real money is the aura mods. I bought 10 loot detectors a few weeks ago and they are going for 40 plat atm. It's the most efficient cred to plat pipeline.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1181010414378852354

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Can I just say I loving love the direction they've been going with the corpus tilesets of late. The ice planet expansion was a bit ehh due to some tiles being confusing as gently caress, but the gas planet rework and now this look loving great. Attention to detail and it shows.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Tulip posted:

remind me to look at this when I'm off work, but my initial reaction is skeptical, since empirical tests of Adaptation have gotten only a sliver of its paper utility. Which is part of why I excluded it from the test (the other being that Adaptation is of minimal use for OHKO - which is the thing that EHP is designed to measure).

The worst case for Adaptation is getting shot exclusively by Elite Lancers, which gives only 20% or so actual DR at max stacks. I think that's the only situation where Fiber would often beat it. The numbers I've seen show it giving you 75%+ DR at max stacks against Corpus and Corrupted and 40%-60% DR against most Grineer. I was wrong on the 2 stack thing, and Valkyr, Nidus, Atlas, and Chroma (with Vex Armor) might be edge cases where high base armor lets a full umbral build compete with the worst case scenario for Adaptation, but most frames will still be gaining more EHP from partial Adaptation stacks than what they'll reach with an armor mod.

Since you're just looking at surviving one shots with base stats, though, I agree it can be ignored. Personally I've found Vitality + Arcane Guardian + Magus Repair to be the sweet spot for staying alive on most frames and Adaptation to be the best option for improving tank frames, so seeing them excluded seemed kind of off at first glance.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

TBH, I subjectively prefer Rolling Guard over most things when trying to be hardcore, because 1) it is effectively infinite durability and 2) being at-will is truly fantastic. Adaptation usually gets under my expectations, but Rolling Guard typically goes above. That said, I could not for the life of me figure out a way to condense it to an apples to apples comparison.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Only issue I have with Rolling Guard is that unless we get a mod that lets us attack while rolling (Sonic the Hedgehog anyone?) trading off DPS for defense is a tough call with how the game plays.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

BabelFish posted:

Arcane Energize is just such a game changer. Once you get a rank 4 version + energy dash, energy really ceases to be a problem. I broke down and spent a grand worth of plat on finishing out my rank 4 energize and I've never regretted it for a second.

Then there's edge cases like "oh hey, this one arcane doubles mesa's exalted weapon damage."

Wait. A grand worth? You spent a thousand dollars on plat?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

with no discounts that would be 21k plat. you could buy like 14 rank 3 energizes with that much. pretty sure he just meant 1k plat

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Neopie posted:

i think they mean 1000 plat. energizes are about 140-150p each right now so 1400-1500 for a full set and if you get a few from nightwave and dolons then buy the other 6-7 there you go.

I got several energizes from dolons but when I got a 75 coupon I finished up and got a complete R3 and it really is excellent.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Just snagged a solid % crit chance+damage Rubico riven for 1k in trade chat, there's nothing comparable on warframe.market for less than 2500. Unfortunately I ran out of Forma, so this experiment will have to wait. I've never even seen an Eidolon yet, but you can't be too prepared. Gotta get those Eidolon Shards for Paracesis.

njsykora posted:

Try the Exergis, its a single shot shotgun with a tight spread and innate punch through. Its the god of "gently caress this guy in particular" and gets some good fire rate with a bunch of reload speed.
Next on the list, I think. I need three more forma for my Tiberon and probably 3-4 for the Rubico and THEN i'll try this Exergis thinger out.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Neopie posted:

Sorry, I meant I spent roughly one thousand platinum buying the remaining Energizes I needed to take me to maximum rank.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

generic damage isnt great on a rubico riven since it doesnt play well with chroma and chroma is the only one that gives a poo poo about the damage on his gun for eidolons

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Awesome! posted:

generic damage isnt great on a rubico riven since it doesnt play well with chroma and chroma is the only one that gives a poo poo about the damage on his gun for eidolons

Aside this is the most annoying part of Warframe math

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

necrobobsledder posted:

Only issue I have with Rolling Guard is that unless we get a mod that lets us attack while rolling (Sonic the Hedgehog anyone?) trading off DPS for defense is a tough call with how the game plays.

At least stop rolls from interrupting reloads, it used to be the bane of my existence before I unbound the sprint/roll key and split its functions.

Now that I put roll on 'alt', I've been making great use of rolls during parkour. Rolls give you a ton of velocity right as you start to lose it at the end of a bullet jump.

Tulip posted:

Aside this is the most annoying part of Warframe math

As a PoE veteran, this is just WF not really good at distinguishing between "increased" and "more" multipliers.