Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Play posted:

Also the winningest division at 11 wins, just ahead of the NFC West at 10

Not to be critical, but according to that graphic it's 12 wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Q_res posted:

Not to be critical, but according to that graphic it's 12 wins.

Correct, it's the NFC West that's at 11 my bad.

Either way there was some talk in the offseason that the NFC North might be a much improved division. So far that seems to be the case

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

If Minnesota can keep running an actual offense, you could argue there's not a bad team in the division.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Q_res posted:

If Minnesota can keep running an actual offense, you could argue there's not a bad team in the division.

There is one bad team in the division, but which team it is varies week to week

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Q_res posted:

They played the giants lets not start sucking each others dicks quite yet

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Play posted:

Correct, it's the NFC West that's at 11 my bad.

Either way there was some talk in the offseason that the NFC North might be a much improved division. So far that seems to be the case

Lions stand a very real chance of turning back into a blue and silver pumpkin on Monday, especially now that KC is maybe not the top-tier team we thought they were.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 7, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

adaz posted:

maybe just some light tonguing then

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

C-Euro posted:

Lions stand a very real chance of turning back into a blue and silver pumpkin on Sunday, especially now that KC is maybe not the top-tier team we thought they were.

I would prefer if they do that on Monday

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

I would prefer if they do that on Monday

Yeah well what if it happens at 11:59 PM on Monday smart guy

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

C-Euro posted:

Lions stand a very real chance of turning back into a blue and silver pumpkin on Monday, especially now that KC is maybe not the top-tier team we thought they were.

i have no idea why you think that, transitive properties suggest that the colts could beat the lions because the colts beat the chiefs who beat the lions, but the packers lost to the eagles who lost to the lions, the power levels of the various teams are easy to assess

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

rabidsquid posted:

i have no idea why you think that, transitive properties suggest that the colts could beat the lions because the colts beat the chiefs who beat the lions, but the packers lost to the eagles who lost to the lions, the power levels of the various teams are easy to assess

I'm going to spend the next week charging up my jo crystals to give the Packers more power levels.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

LabyaMynora posted:

I'm going to spend the next week charging up my jo crystals to give the Packers more power levels.

thats perhaps the most valid fan tactic you can partake in to affect the outcome of the game, and its one of the reasons the packers have had an easy time with the lions in the past

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

adaz posted:

No, Kirk had a podcast and they talked it out, then they played a good game. The offense is fixed and the shirts are already being printed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Well of course the person getting paid overtime for blowjobs is gonna argue against the one suggesting a delay on sucking each other's dicks

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
"It is impossible to stop a man from sucking dicks when his paycheck depends on him doing so." -Kurt Cobain

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

:getin:

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1181263437239857152?s=19

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1181313075544301568

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Play posted:

The Bears would be a really good team if they had a decent quarterback. The receivers are great, the defense is great, the o line is adequate. Teams like to crowd the line of scrimmage against them because they don't believe they can do it through the air

A guy like Watson or Mahomes would be cool.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Niwrad posted:

A guy like Watson or Mahomes would be cool.

They can't win titles. Big dick Nick, however, is surely available and mightj be ready for playoffs ...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Loooool

https://twitter.com/harDCor_barra/status/1181313429619056640?s=19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stooge and a sellout.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i mean look at the guy. it's fine to be angry but don't pretend to be surprised

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

When Hicks went down I knew the game would be an uphill battle. Bears D line depends on rotations and the guys being fresh, even if someone else had gone down it would be tough let alone a probowler. Nichols is also an underrated cog in the system.

Offensive stuff is not rocket science.

Long is past it. Larsen was hurt so there were pretty much no other options.

No solid blocking TE...Holtz, Braunecker and Shaheen are all somehow more valuable than Bradley Sowell, I don't see it but whatever.

Chase is a career backup, Nagy's offense is built on the QB being a run threat, he can't.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
How did I not know Kirk is a chud. Makes sense.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

No, Kirk had a podcast and they talked it out, then they played a good game. The offense is fixed and the shirts are already being printed.

Very nice of the Vikings to donate clothes to sub-saharan Africa imo

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Lions vs Packers should be a great game. Detroit should have no problem thrashing the Vikings the following week.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
5 games in for bears
Cohen: 20 catches, 128 yards, 1 td. Long of 24
Trey Burton: 11 catches, 57 yards, 0 TDs
Anthony Miller: 8/80/0
Adam shaheen: 7/50/0
Wims: 5/64/0
Patterson: 3/12/0

Good god

On the plus side Robinson is awesome and Taylor Gabriel is making great plays when healthy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bob Morales posted:

Lions vs Packers should be a great game. Detroit should have no problem thrashing the Vikings the following week.

meh. I'm not ready to believe in the Lions quite yet, and I don't think it's a given that they will thrash anyone except maybe the worst teams in the league. This is the team that tied the Cardinals in their first game

Plus, the Vikings themselves are pretty unpredictable as far as how their performance will go

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mastershakeman posted:

5 games in for bears
Cohen: 20 catches, 128 yards, 1 td. Long of 24
Trey Burton: 11 catches, 57 yards, 0 TDs
Anthony Miller: 8/80/0
Adam shaheen: 7/50/0
Wims: 5/64/0
Patterson: 3/12/0

Good god

On the plus side Robinson is awesome and Taylor Gabriel is making great plays when healthy

The Bears have the third worst yards per offensive play in the league. Only the Jets and Dolphins are worse. Their offense is so, so bad.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Q_res posted:

Kirk Cousins plays well against lovely teams and poorly against good teams. This is how his entire career had played out, and it will just keep playing out that way.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Hmm so how he plays against the lions will determine a lot.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Parallelwoody posted:

.... whoa. that's actually totally true. don't even pay attention to what the Lions do, just check out kirk cousins

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Chicago fire to play at soldier Field, can't wait to have even worse turf

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Kirk Cousins plays well against lovely teams and poorly against good teams. This is how his entire career had played out, and it will just keep playing out that way.

Hey, I did say "if" guys. Besides, maybe they've turned the corner and will be able to run a balanced and effective offense around Kirk and return to their good form of the Case Keenum days. I don't think "Case Keenum" is an extreme expectation for Cousins.

What do you mean the Easter Bunny isn't real? :saddowns:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
at this point it's hilarious that when they run AND pass they do well and Zimmer still can't quite put his finger on what to do

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Parallelwoody posted:

But what about that Matt Stafford vs teams with winning record stat?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kirk Cousins is the QB people think Matt Stafford is.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MJeff posted:

Kirk Cousins is the QB people think Matt Stafford is.

:thunk:

:hmmyes:

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

But what about that Matt Stafford vs teams with winning record stat?

Maybe we'll be blessed with a tie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Lions might wanna stop talking poo poo until they actually play and win a division game

and RE: Cousins LOL, I remember Lions being embarrassed by Chase Daniel last year so handle your business

Maybe since brokeback Stafford gone he won't eat like 10 sacks* this year and they do something

MNF @ Lambeau, off an early bye, huge game

*literally 10 sacks in one game