Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Einbauschrank posted:

This is actually a pretty solid Sachentscheidung beyond appeasing the orange baby. And for all I know it is the one preferred by the Luftwaffe at this stage for more reasons than "Bündnisverpflichtung/nukleare Teilhabe". The Luftwaffe originally wanted the shiniest toy, the F35, which would have cockblocked the FCAS - Luftwaffeninspekteur Müllner was fired for being too eager about it.

The Super Hornet is not as fancy as the F-35, but much cheaper and checks more boxes than the current EF, which is half a generation older and lacks in the "elektronische Kriegsführung" department. Also, the F/A 18 is roughly 50% cheaper than the (unmodified) EF afaik.

If the government really would have wanted to have the EF certified they would have bothered to ask a few years earlier - the Tornado being obsolete and expensive to maintain didn't come as a surprise.

Sigmar "Einbauschrank" Gabriel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Perestroika posted:

Munich-Calais route that launches cars off the coast straight into the cliffs of Dover. We might be on to something here.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Eezee posted:

And it will never exist, because it's a bad concept all around, which anyone who thinks about it for more than 5 minutes should see. And there's a much easier solution that already exists: Trains.

Nobody wants to spend billions on real-world proven concepts if you can spend money on the magic HYPERLOOP instead though.

Good video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dn6ZVpJLxs

It will exist as a Machbarkeitsstudie and potentially a €1.8 billion test track which will be closed after 14 months of Testbetrieb possibly terminated early by an implosion. That's more than enough to pretend you're doing something important, allow for moderate levels of grift, and put off the failure of the project or (in the unlikely case the thing works) a major spending package that threatens the Schwarze Null by 2-3 Legislaturperioden.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Instead, the FCAS is being cockblocked by Rheinmetall and MTU.

I thought that was about the tank system and was resolved during the summer. Did I miss something?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Einbauschrank posted:

I thought that was about the tank system and was resolved during the summer. Did I miss something?

No, the Rheinmetall thing is not resolved yet, and the Bundestag is blocking the FCAS as long as Rheinmetall isn't happy about the tank system.

Then there's the MTU thing. Although the company itself is signed an agreement with Safran, some of the Bundestag members (notably Henning Otte, Fritz Felgentreu, Eckhardt Rehberg, and Johannes Kahrs) want it to get a greater role and are blocking funding for the engine in the meantime.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I finally cracked and did some light sightseeing around Köln today

The skyline of Dormagen

A stunning long-distance view of the Kraftwerk Niederaußem. "Mit einem CO2-Ausstoß von 27,3 Mio. Tonnen verursachte das Kraftwerk im Jahr 2015 zugleich die dritthöchsten Treibhausgasemissionen aller europäischen Kraftwerke.[1]"

Schloss Arff, lmao. "Arff". What's this, a Schloss for English-barking dogs? Haha. Anyway, kill the rich

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Smirr posted:

Denn ich ben nur ne Kölsche Jung
un mie Hätz, dat litt mer op d'r Zung

Op d'r Stross han ich ming Sprooch jeliehrt
und jedes Wort wie tättowiert

op minger Zung
ich ben ne Kölsche Jung

Spass beiseite I hope you are having a good time in Köln, umziehen sucks.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

more like Schloß Barff

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

No, the Rheinmetall thing is not resolved yet, and the Bundestag is blocking the FCAS as long as Rheinmetall isn't happy about the tank system.

Then there's the MTU thing. Although the company itself is signed an agreement with Safran, some of the Bundestag members (notably Henning Otte, Fritz Felgentreu, Eckhardt Rehberg, and Johannes Kahrs) want it to get a greater role and are blocking funding for the engine in the meantime.

I didn't read anything about this in German newspapers and only by extending my search to French newspapers did I finally find something in La Tribune. IMO this is a fine example of a lack of awareness in Germany when it comes to matters of security. The public and the newspapers don't really care.

The airplane only gets attention because it triggers some antiamerican sentiments, but nobody really feels troubled that the German government watched idly by as a major pillar of its airforce slid into obsolescence.

Randler posted:

Sigmar "Einbauschrank" Gabriel

Which option seems the most sensible to you? I'd appreciate an effortpost.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Oct 6, 2019

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
The option where you never post again

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Einbauschrank posted:

Which option seems the most sensible to you? I'd appreciate an effortpost.

I'd appreciate a lot of things happening to y'all Atlantiker fashos.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
No Bundeswehr best Bundeswehr

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Einbauschrank posted:

I didn't read anything about this in German newspapers and only by extending my search to French newspapers did I finally find something in La Tribune. IMO this is a fine example of a lack of awareness in Germany when it comes to matters of security. The public and the newspapers don't really care.

Are there really people who believe that the Bundeswehr is for "security"? :laffo:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

cebrail posted:

Are there really people who believe that the Bundeswehr is for "security"? :laffo:

But what else would they be defending at the Hindu Kush? :thunk:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/KuehniKev/status/1180797198575001600?s=19

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Ist das nicht beim Fotzenfritz um die Ecke?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

cebrail posted:

It can't possibly be an excuse for Subventionen and Arbeitsbeschaffungsmaßnahmen, can it? :ohdear:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

Ist das nicht beim Fotzenfritz um die Ecke?

Ich googel das jetzt nicht, aber falls Fotzenfritz aus Finnentrop ist: ja

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Must have been one hell of an inner battle between wanting to post a funny pic and not wanting people to know that you follow Kühnert on twitter

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

suck my woke dick posted:

It can't possibly be an excuse for Subventionen and Arbeitsbeschaffungsmaßnahmen, can it? :ohdear:

Traditions-Schützenverein draus machen, denn wir brauchen dringend einen in expliziter demokratisch-freiheitlicher Tradition. Dorfparade mit dem Puma. G36 langt für die Schießbahn, da muss man selten Sturmabwehrschießen anwenden. Gulaschkanonen sind eh ausreichend vorhanden. Wenn Trump fragt, wenden wir unsere 2% für Sozialleistungen auf, denn gute Versorgung von Flüchtlingen und Asylanten aller Art stärkt die NATO ganz offensichtlich. Und wir jagen kein Blei mehr in die Heide, Umweltschutz und so - von dem gesparten Geld können wir uns umweltschonende Projektile leisten. Und gut für die schwarze Null wird es auch noch sein.

Sonderbonus: Bietet eine sehr gute Gelegenheit, gleich mal alle Traditionskeller mit Beton zu versiegeln. Brauchen wir ja dann nicht mehr!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

Must have been one hell of an inner battle between wanting to post a funny pic and not wanting people to know that you follow Kühnert on twitter

I was going to "um, actually" you about the algorithm sweeping that tweet into my timeline, but it turns out I do follow him on Twitter :ms: Still was the algorithm, though

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Smirr posted:

Ich googel das jetzt nicht, aber falls Fotzenfritz aus Finnentrop ist: ja

:ssh: it's Friedrich März

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/...g/25090370.html

Oh no, where will I get my Gemüsedöner now?
Oh yes, at every corner and they all taste the same.
Across the street at Mehringdamm, there is a Falafelstore that is actually great.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
nah Mustafa is a stadtnational treasure. I wonder if they'll rebuild or just keep going after a coat of paint.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

AstroWhale posted:

Across the street at Mehringdamm, there is a Falafelstore that is actually great.

Do you mean Sahara? Because Sahara is the loving tits. The peanut sauce there is :discourse:

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I mean this place. https://www.yelp.de/biz/ali-falafel-berlin
But, there is a Sahrar nearby? Is it this chain? https://saharaimbiss.de/
That place is also DA BOMB. If you are not a tourist, there is no reason to go to Mustafa's.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Ah, gotcha. Haven't been there tbh, should give it a look.

AstroWhale posted:

But, there is a Sahrar nearby? Is it this chain? https://saharaimbiss.de/
That place is also DA BOMB. If you are not a tourist, there is no reason to go to Mustafa's.

Yes! Looking on Google Maps it's a lot closer to Gneisenaustraße than Mehringdamm, but still, if you're looking for falafel around Kreuzberg it's worth the trip.

e: while I'm here, I might as well ask: if there are any music nerds itt, could you please recommend me some great German albums from the past few years? I loving love FaulenzA's newest album, but idk what else I should be listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfpG5YDCpNg

Venomous fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 7, 2019

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The cocoro sake bar is also just down the street and I mean you can get döner everywhere in Berlin but good Japanese food that isn't sushi, not so much.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I live around Mehringdamm and went to Mustafa's once at 5am when there was hardly a queue, it's literally only tourists who go there otherwise.

If you want the best falafel in the area go to Tutti Insel on Zossener Straße, it's a small Sudanese place and it's loving amazing and cheap too. Don't eat anywhere else if you want falafel in the area. I feel so blessed living close to it.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

The Döner quality of Berlin is vastly overrated, most of them are just cheap and disgusting and only a tiny fraction of places are actually good. Falafel (and Shawarma) on the other hand is often very good and extremely cheap and there are more great Falafel places in Berlin than in the rest of Germany combined. Stay tuned for more correct fast food opinions.

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 7, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

quote:

Friedensnobelpreis für Greta Thunberg?
Nein, denn sie infantilisiert das Verständnis von Politik
Ihre Bewegung verbreitet Lügen und tut so, als kenne die Klimaforschung nur eine Wahrheit. Doch neue Erkenntnisse korrigieren ältere Prognosen. Ein Kommentar. Von CHRISTOPH VON MARSCHALL

quote:

[...]
Selbstverständlich wäre es unethisch, Greta ihre Krankheit und deren Symptome vorzuhalten, darunter eine Störung der körperlichen Entwicklung, Schwächen in der sozialen Interaktion, fehlendes Einfühlungsvermögen für Menschen mit anderen Problemen, ausgeprägte Spezialinteressen samt der Forderung, die Mitmenschen müssten die Welt so wie sie sehen. Man muss aber auch nicht den genialen Propagandatrick mitmachen, Krankheitsmerkmale wie die autistische Verengung der Wahrnehmung zu einem Verhalten zu erklären, das preiswürdig ist.
[...]

quote:

[...]
Handelt sie wenigstens aufklärerisch? „Unite behind the Science!“ Sie trägt die Forderung vor, als gebe es nur eine ewige Wahrheit. Die jährlichen Berichte des Weltklimarats (IPCC) sind jedoch keine Bibeln. Berechnungsmodelle für die Aufnahmefähigkeit der Ozeane und Landmassen für oder die Prognose der Erwärmung haben sich als fehlerhaft erwiesen. Das ist nicht schlimm. Es bedeutet Fortschritt, wenn der IPCC 2018 lernt, wo er bei den Prognosen 2013 geirrt hat. Widerspruchsgeist und Zweifel können Quellen der Erkenntnis sein.
[...]
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik...k/25092188.html

Explicit and absolutely gross ableism aside, did the IPCC actually ever correct any of their prognoses in the positive/optimistic direction? Serious question. All I've heard is that past models have been consistently wrong, but in the direction where we're hosed even sooner than previously thought. Is this the mother of all bad faith arguments?

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

cebrail posted:

The Döner quality of Berlin is vastly overrated, most of them are just cheap and disgusting and only a tiny fraction of places are actually good. Falafel (and Shawarma) on the other hand is often very good and extremely cheap and there are more great Falafel places in Berlin than in the rest of Germany combined. Stay tuned for more correct fast food opinions.

:emptyquote:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Smirr posted:

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik...k/25092188.html

Explicit and absolutely gross ableism aside, did the IPCC actually ever correct any of their prognoses in the positive/optimistic direction? Serious question. All I've heard is that past models have been consistently wrong, but in the direction where we're hosed even sooner than previously thought. Is this the mother of all bad faith arguments?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lmao

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
The very best way to identify brainfucked idiots re: Greta is by seeing how and when they'll bring up the autism. It's never a question of if, but always of when. And of course suddenly there are all these masses of autism experts who can perfectly erklärbär Greta to us and how she's obviously a psychopathic eco-satan.

Yes I'm a woman with 'tism too and I have a personal axe to grind with this behaviour. It's hard enough as is to even be recognized as a valid example (since a bunch of people still seem to think autism is something boys have and not girls), so rightwing nutjobs gleefully targeting a visible underage autistic girl makes me furious for the whole gamut of reasons.

But hey, the Von Marschalls of this planet get to feel super smug because they make up blatant ableist lies about an underage girl. You sure showed that climate change who's boss, Mister Receding Hairline!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
It is kind of funny when they say "she is on the spectrum" and then proceed to talk as if the spectrum consists of only a single solitary point.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

It is kind of funny when they say "she is on the spectrum" and then proceed to talk as if the spectrum consists of only a single solitary point.

Makes me think they're on the spectrum, too.

The spectrum of blazing idiots

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

The amount of vitriol and sheer hatred poured out online and occasionally in the op-ed columns against Greta is really breathtaking in a bad way, I don’t think I have ever seen something like it before. There seems to be something in an autistic underage girl stating the obvious but unwanted that brings out the worst in a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It "just" seems like an extension of what broke into view when "Gutmensch" became a thing raging assholes could call someone who is not a raging rear end in a top hat. At least that was where I personally realized it exists. Definitely sobering / worrying ofc.