Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Nostalgic Cashew posted:

So... What's the strategy now? Blame game?, more wacky hijinks? Surprise no deal?

Boris doesn't send the letter he's legally required to or sends it with another letter or statement or something saying to ignore the letter kicking off another constitutional crisis.
The Remain left yells at the Lib Dems and the Lib Dems to nominate Corbyn as caretaker PM and the Remain right yell at Corbyn to quit.
Brexit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

toe curling?

Calves-cramping.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
tick tock lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Q-xit

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Aren't there a shitload of luxury apartments in London sitting empty?

There sure are!

https://twitter.com/HasBezosDecided/status/1181016096234774528

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
no 10 have produced extensive plans for a scenario codenamed 'operation closing time'. it's heavily classified, but the gist of it is that NI doesn't have to join the republic, but they can't stay here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:siren:

https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-says-he-wrote-blockbuster-movie-script/

quote:

“I did send it to a very distinguished director and I’m embarrassed to say that I had no answer back," the prime minister said. "I was so crestfallen that I didn’t pursue it. It was absolutely brilliant.” He said he abandoned the idea after seeing an advert for the George Clooney film "The Monuments Men."

“I thought, ‘drat, that’s probably my idea.’”

Johnson's script featured an archaeologist described as an “old Clooney/Connery/Eastwood type in his fifties” named Marmaduke Montmorency Burton who teams up with a “gorgeous but scholarly” younger woman to rescue relics. Johnson reportedly wanted Angelina Jolie or Scarlett Johansson to play the female lead.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Marmaduke Montmorency Burton

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
so the only reason why your conversatives don't just sign the eu deal with the backstop is that they need the northern irish fasc vote in the perliament to staty in power as the parliament is closed, right yes

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The Prime Minister is Missing

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

boris is attempting the fabled triple axel brexit. can he pull it off? stay tuned folks

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Marmaduke Montmorency Burton

I would watch it if it stated Marmaduke the dog. Everyone else is a human. It never gets addressed.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

If only this flaming shitpile of a movie had been greenlit, this whole hellworld timeline could've been prevented.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

mrmcd posted:

If only this flaming shitpile of a movie had been greenlit, this whole hellworld timeline could've been prevented.

this is gonna become the new "what if hitler didnt drop out of art school" thing

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Quantum Leap except Scott Bakula is repeatedly forced to jump into the bodies of famous movie directors and make one unwatchable Boris Johnson movie after another in order to keep him out of politics.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so what's this thing SEO-distracting from, then? has he done something embarrassing in Burton recently?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mrmcd posted:

Quantum Leap except Scott Bakula is repeatedly forced to jump into the bodies of famous movie directors and make one unwatchable Boris Johnson movie after another in order to keep him out of politics.

imretarded.gif but it's boris in the mirror

got 'em

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kurnugia posted:

so the only reason why your conversatives don't just sign the eu deal with the backstop is that they need the northern irish fasc vote in the perliament to staty in power as the parliament is closed, right yes
they’re already a minority govt the dup isn’t giving them anything

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

threat level fatwhite

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Wouldn't that depend on how you do the referendum? Instead of doing two separate referendums on reunifying the island, one in RoI and one in NI, do a combined referendum with two options:

- Reunify Ireland under the Republic of Ireland
- Reunify Ireland as part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

This would 100% get majority support for some sort of unification.

that poo poo show would be boycotted

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

afaict the biggest barrier to reunification is everyone in the south not wanting that big ol can of nordie worms opened

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

The Prime Minister is Missing

When are we getting a big budget Carmen Sandiego film? That property has gone under-exploited far too long.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I’ve heard tell that Carmen Sandiego is totally unknown in San Diego. what a fuckin miscarriage of justice

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

has anyone said that the modern structure of Brexit is a higher form of democracy in which, by virtue of the people’s mandate, the government is exercised authoritatively while there is no possibility for parliamentary interference, to obliterate and render ineffective the execution of the nation’s will yet?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Norton the First posted:

When are we getting a big budget Carmen Sandiego film? That property has gone under-exploited far too long.

The cartoon is actually really nice!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Welcome to the Hotel Brexitfornia.

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Boris Johnson? More like piss fart cum doodoo

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

silvergoose posted:

The cartoon is actually really nice!

That's all well and good, but I want Tom Cruise as an ACME detective trying to find the missing Palace of Westminster before the clock runs down and Carmen forces Brexit on the British people.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Welcome to the Hotel Brexitfornia.

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

we haven’t had blitz spirit here since nineteen sixty-nine

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Kurnugia posted:

it's because they're incredible idiots who didn't learn that Britain isn't a global power any more, can't just dictate its will on other countries, and was never a Great Trading Nation that other countries are just raring to have a shot at trading with. also some of them want a crash because they've put money on it, or because they'll make money when the NHS is sold off

basically our conservatives are the remnants of that class of people who in the old days would all have been sent to die at the head of a cavalry charge because they were too useless at governance. sometimes i think the Brexiteers have a point about the death of tradition

Cerv posted:

has anyone said that the modern structure of Brexit is a higher form of democracy in which, by virtue of the people’s mandate, the government is exercised authoritatively while there is no possibility for parliamentary interference, to obliterate and render ineffective the execution of the nation’s will yet?
that's very fitting. i'm also reminded of that thing about the sovereign being whoever declares the state of exception

cnut
May 3, 2016

Brexit as discussed by Monty Python

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlpS5sWnpp4

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CGI Stardust posted:

ff

basically our conservatives are the remnants of that class of people who in the old days would all have been sent to die at the head of a cavalry charge because they were too useless at governance. sometimes i think the Brexiteers have a point about the death of tradition

I appreciate the funny image. They'd also have been sent off to various corners of the empire to live like incompetent tyrant princes.
But the actual truth is that our ruling class has been characterised by incompetence and amateurishness for at bare minimum the last hundred years

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I appreciate the funny image. They'd also have been sent off to various corners of the empire to live like incompetent tyrant princes.
But the actual truth is that our ruling class has been characterised by incompetence and amateurishness for at bare minimum the last hundred years

so about the time cavalry charges went out of fashion?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Brexitsu
Brexitanai
Brexichimasu
Brexichimasen
Brexitte
Brexitteimasu
Brexitanakute
Brexitta
Brexitanakatta
Brexichimashita
Brexichimasendeshita
Brexiteba
Brexichitai
Brexichitakunai

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
so when no-deal Brexit hits and the pound collapses, presumably making tourism extremely affordable if you can avoid the roving cannibal mobs, what's worth seeing over there?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Old Story posted:

so when no-deal Brexit hits and the pound collapses, presumably making tourism extremely affordable if you can avoid the roving cannibal mobs, what's worth seeing over there?

The airplane taking you away again

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mrmcd posted:

very al voice] ziggy says there is a 100% chance those movies would have sucked

/slaps handheld device which in turn makes whining sounds

e: word

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 22:38 on Oct 8, 2019

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Old Story posted:

taking a tour of the mausoleum of parliament is a must

you might find it hard to fit into the same trip but I'm partial to the bloodlake district as well

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Old Story posted:

the Cerne Abbas Giant, it is our last message to the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2p1Q3vDnfA