Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Per usual...what does your heart say?

that constellation is missing an orange mark on that picture :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Truga posted:

have they made the tiny fighter on constellation work out of said constellation yet, or is it still a paperweight in there?

They've forgotten that it even exists

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Truga posted:

that constellation is missing an orange mark on that picture :v:

I also forgot that it exists

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Drunk Theory posted:

I've been watching hot cave action for the last hour.

I really don't understand how anyone can be excited about this.

NMS has caves and is a real game. Star Citizen now has caves and therefore must be a real game. Checkmate FUDsters!

Seriously though it’s one of the things that the Citizenry always asked for, back at the height of their belief that Star Citizen would be some sort of fully fledged sci-fi reality that they could live inside. For the few remaining cultists, it proves in their deranged minds that SC will have all of that depth and detail someday, even though we’re sitting at around 1% of the promised content approaching year 8 of development.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

rePool posted:

Everyone, go buy an Idris.

This guy gets it

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Philosophical question of the day: Does a crobear poo poo in the woods? Or does it poo poo in empty backers' wallets?

Soricidus posted:

Star citizen is actually a biting satire on the american dream

:discourse:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Trains looking real good

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Nice one, Bootcha.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This Micheal Morlan?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12841-Meet-Michael-Morlan

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

his nibs posted:

This guy gets it

No. Only buying one is disrespectful.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Oh my. I guess he really enjoyed producing Wingman's Hanger after Sandi took over then.

e: Oh, not so much

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 8, 2019

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

DOOOOOORS :argh:

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Probably a fake account

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

JugbandDude posted:

Probably a fake account

His YT career is only just getting going

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JugbandDude posted:

Probably a fake account

It doesn't have any videos, so it's possible. That said, any person with Google+ has one, basically, and the channel creation date can be seen as 2014-05-16, which would take a lot of effort, I guess.

E: I guess the easiest way to confirm would be asking on his FB page?

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 8, 2019

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

JugbandDude posted:

Probably a fake account

Yeah, true. If so, not cool

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Brings a whole new meaning to "MIND THE DOORS"

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Beet Wagon posted:

"Kayak wake up I need to get a picture"

Pages back but this got me curious: how old is Kayak now? I saw this picture and I was like "huh, Kayak looks older than I remember" and then I realized that of course he does, it's already loving 2019 and apparently I've been following this saga for at least a few years now.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
CIG is probably relieved they aren’t Blizzard right now but I bet a million jpegs Chris Roberts wishes Tencent would invest in his space dream.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Saladin Rising posted:

Pages back but this got me curious: how old is Kayak now? I saw this picture and I was like "huh, Kayak looks older than I remember" and then I realized that of course he does, it's already loving 2019 and apparently I've been following this saga for at least a few years now.

Kayak's 5th birthday was October 5th. He got to go to the toy store and pick out a bunch of toys and treats including dried cod skins which uhhhhh loving stink.

Happy birthday, pup

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Kayak's 5th birthday was October 5th. He got to go to the toy store and pick out a bunch of toys and treats including dried cod skins which uhhhhh loving stink.

Happy birthday, pup

The bestest boy.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

colonelwest posted:

NMS has caves and is a real game. Star Citizen now has caves and therefore must be a real game. Checkmate FUDsters!

Ah, the Duke Nukem Forever model of development. X competing game has Y feature, so we need to tack on Y feature in order to be better and oh poo poo it broke all the code so it looks like we have to do it all over again but by God, we'll have it in our game - that way, no one can say that there's something Star Citizen can't do!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Get your dog into doggy day care if you work.

Look at my wonderful girl spending her day griefing other dogs.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

LuiCypher posted:

no one can say that there's something Star Citizen can't do!

Ohhh, I don't know....

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/Ninja/status/1181712429761417216
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1181731478385942528

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 9, 2019

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Where's the 3d game footage in "dramatic reenactment" segments from? It looks like an uglier version of the sims...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soon.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

pokie posted:

Where's the 3d game footage in "dramatic reenactment" segments from? It looks like an uglier version of the sims...

And yet still more lifelike than Sandi's acting...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

pokie posted:

Bootcha used The Movies - by Peter Molyneux

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Thanks! He also used my whale gif at the end :>.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

It still amazes me that CIG hasn't figured out that SC isn't running on WinXP and that, just maybe, they should make use of the %USERPROFILE% directory rather than a protected system one since, well, that's what it's for.
It also still amazes me that the one workaround they consistently suggest for every patch isn't build into the patching regime.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This is an excellent game by the way, but you can only legally buy boxed copies because Microsoft bought Lionhead Studios and for some reason refuses to sell the game as a digital download.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

The movies was so loving close to being huge. If it just came out a couple years later when YouTube got huge it could have really taken off.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The management side of it was ok but yeah if at the time it'd had a culturally ubiquitous way of sharing its sandbox content I can easily see it being able to support The Sims level of DLC content and community.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
So cinematic!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Everything about that is just awful.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I don't see why they just don't go all in and make it a massive shooter arena. They seem to get excited for the FPS element.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is exactly how I play FPS games, standing on the spot and shooting random place on the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Is that the fidelicious physicalized elevator coming in?

With the fidelity waiting simulator trains being such a big deal I would expect they at least checked if two trains fit the station. I mean, how does this even happen? It is literally on rails