Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Washington doesn't have a line than can runblock for poo poo. Callahan is kidding himself. They must really want that 1st overall.

Edit: Bruce Allen is an unctuous slime, who, along with his phone slamming, classless, egomaniacal boss, has run a staple franchise into the ground. Congrats.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Mega64 posted:

Run on first down, run on second down, run on third down, run on fourth down.

If you can't convert after that, establish the run then repeat.
They’re averaging 3.3 YPC

Running 4 x 3.3 = 13.2 yards! It’s simple math!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I'm amazed that Callahan is still kicking around in the NFL. He wrecked the Raiders chances to win the Super Bowl, he destroyed Nebraska, and yet here we are 10-15 years later and he's getting a chance to be a head coach again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So Callahan has now stepped in for the fired Jay Gruden 15 years after stepping in for the fired Jon Gruden. That's hilarious.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So Callahan has now stepped in for the fired Jay Gruden 15 years after stepping in for the fired Jon Gruden. That's hilarious.

Jon wasn't fired

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jon was traded for some reason that only made sense to Al Davis

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:siren:

quote:

Current offensive coordinators Eric Bieniemy of Kansas City, Josh McDaniels of New England, Ken Whisenhunt of the Los Angeles Chargers, Byron Leftwich of Tampa Bay, Brian Schottenheimer of Seattle and Kellen Moore of Dallas could be popular head coaching candidates in the next hiring cycle.

From a WaPo report of who Washington might target.

quote:

“They’ll have to make this hire with Haskins in mind,” the veteran NFL front-office executive said.

Oh it's too perfect.

For the record it's just a general who's going to be on the radar report, it doesn't say they're favoring anyone.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kellen Moore lmao

QB coach for one season, ineffectual OC for half a season, already being considered for HC

White af

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Grittybeard posted:

:siren:

From a WaPo report of who Washington might target.

Oh it's too perfect.

For the record it's just a general who's going to be on the radar report, it doesn't say they're favoring anyone.

Nothing like shackling the new guy with crappy leftovers that he doesnt want

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

syzpid posted:

I'm amazed that Callahan is still kicking around in the NFL. He wrecked the Raiders chances to win the Super Bowl, he destroyed Nebraska, and yet here we are 10-15 years later and he's getting a chance to be a head coach again.

He really is that good of an OL coach. He's Peter Principle with the dials turned up.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
To be fair Haskins will turn the ball over less if Brian Schottenheimer runs the ball 42 times a game.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
One of the low points in recent Bills history was Brian Schottenheimer thinking he was too good for the Bills’ head coaching job

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Sheen Sheen posted:

One of the low points in recent Bills history was Brian Schottenheimer thinking he was too good for the Bills’ head coaching job

Actually that's a high point. Did you really want "Curls Short of the Sticks" Brian to pursue the job? Nepotism and whatnot would have carried him quite a ways.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

kalensc posted:

Actually that's a high point. Did you really want "Curls Short of the Sticks" Brian to pursue the job? Nepotism and whatnot would have carried him quite a ways.

I agree that in hindsight it was a blessing, but to be told “thanks but no thanks” by someone who ended up never being considered seriously for a single head coaching gig (and not for lack of trying) still shows you how the Buffalo Bills were/are viewed as a franchise in the grand scheme of things

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Topic needs to be changed to only 11 more weeks of Bill Callahan

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is a Leftwich a good OC? He wasn't a terrible QB at Jacksonville, just not good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Randaconda posted:

Is a Leftwich a good OC? He wasn't a terrible QB at Jacksonville, just not good.

I guess I'd say we don't really know yet? He was the Cardinals OC for the last half of last year after they fired Mike McCoy, but I don't think we should hold that against him.

The Bucs are doing ok to good this year so far but they were fineish aside from turnovers last year on that side of the ball and who knows how much Arians plays into that.

Supposedly part of the reason Arians took the job was to get guys like Leftwich shots at head coaching jobs, so I'm cheering for him. Just no idea if it'll work out.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

syzpid posted:

He's a decent O-line coach. Most coaches that are able to hang around do it by being position coaches.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Topic needs to be changed to only 11 more weeks of Bill Callahan

Dan Quinn might get shown the door first

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is there any chance Jim Harbaugh gets out of Michigan this year? I could see Dan Synder throwing 20 million a year at him

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there any chance Jim Harbaugh gets out of Michigan this year? I could see Dan Synder throwing 20 million a year at him

If Michigan continues to look like doo doo rear end then yeah maybe he'd get the boot

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

I think maybe they're finally getting tired of him there but I doubt they'd fire him. Just if he starts thinking he wants to be somewhere else I guess.

Although getting fired would be funny for a whole lot of not-Washington related reasons.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Professor Funk posted:

To be fair Haskins will turn the ball over less if Brian Schottenheimer runs the ball 42 times a game.

This seems like a challenge on how many botched snaps/exchanges a team could do in one game.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Somebody objective tell me when we can throw molotovs at Kitchens. He looks like like complete poo poo and screaming 1 and done.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Somebody objective tell me when we can throw molotovs at Kitchens. He looks like like complete poo poo and screaming 1 and done.

First year head coaches unless they are an abomination should probably be given a second year, it's sort of like you rarely give up on rookie qbs. I mean, lets be honest here, what track record do the browns have of hiring good coaches that would make you hopeful whoever they brought in would be better.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I saw someone arguing that your old OL coach (the huge one) was actually right when he said the new QB coach (after Kitchens) was actually the reason Mayfield looked awesome last year after they cleaned house.

It's as good of a guess as any I suppose.

e: after I look up this half remembered thing that guy being Ken Zampese kinda throws a wrench into the argument.

Oh Kitchens was the running back coach huh? I thought he was the QB coach and that's why Mayfield loved him.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 8, 2019

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Maybe Gregggg should have been hired since the Browns were pretty good under him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I think it's a mistake to put all the Browns' woes on him. He didn't make Baker throw two picks and lost a fumble. He didn't cause the O line to be replaced by a piece of wet tissue paper (Dorsey should answer for that, letting a good player walk and overpaying a castoff from the Rams who was being replaced by a guy who hadn't seen a single snap). He didn't get the starting corners injured.

At the same time, so far I'm not impressed and not just because they aren't winning. I don't like a lot of his calls, I don't think he's taken advantage of certain matchups like a great coach would, and I think his decision-making is a bit problematic

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don't see any way the Falcons do better than 1-2 in their next three games and I can't imagine Quinn survives that. Which I guess means Koetter ends up as interim.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Play posted:

I think it's a mistake to put all the Browns' woes on him. He didn't make Baker throw two picks and lost a fumble. He didn't cause the O line to be replaced by a piece of wet tissue paper (Dorsey should answer for that, letting a good player walk and overpaying a castoff from the Rams who was being replaced by a guy who hadn't seen a single snap). He didn't get the starting corners injured.

At the same time, so far I'm not impressed and not just because they aren't winning. I don't like a lot of his calls, I don't think he's taken advantage of certain matchups like a great coach would, and I think his decision-making is a bit problematic

One of Baker's goal line picks was entirely on the receiver. Mayfield put the ball on the right spot (low and away from any defender) and the receiver was in position and got hit right in the hands. He just bobbled it up.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mr. Nice! posted:

One of Baker's goal line picks was entirely on the receiver. Mayfield put the ball on the right spot (low and away from any defender) and the receiver was in position and got hit right in the hands. He just bobbled it up.

Either way that's another thing that Freddie Kitchens is not responsible for. The players need to step up and play without mistakes, which has not been happening

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think I'd fire kitchens if the browns are 3-7 or maybe even 4-6 after the first steelers game. The first half of their season is rough but what's the point of promoting kitchens for consistency if they're just going to lose those games anyways?

As for keeping him a second year, why? He was put into an easy situation with palmer in arizona that turned into a nightmare whenever palmer was out, and before that he was the coach for a TEs corps that was never any good. With hindsight he's steve wilks on the offensive side of the ball.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Play posted:

Either way that's another thing that Freddie Kitchens is not responsible for. The players need to step up and play without mistakes, which has not been happening

Nah, "Just execute my perfect plan better" is the noise shitass coaches everywhere make.

It's basically gase.txt

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sean10mm posted:

Nah, "Just execute my perfect plan better" is the noise shitass coaches everywhere make.

It's basically gase.txt

*twitch* FIRE DOM CAPE-- no, no, I'm sorry, I lost control of myself for a moment there.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Play posted:

This is a big part of the problem for me. He's scheming to the team he wants to have not the team he has. Putting a TE 1 on 1 with Nick Bosa more than once is a hilarious failure in planning. Putting Greg Robinson who proved to be wildly over matched 1 on 1 with Bosa over and over didn't work either. He refuses to use the team he has. His plans and scheme are loving stupid

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Zac taylor is really good. i blame all the linemen and dbs for not executing

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I remember there were some rumblings before the season that it wasn't Kitchens responsible for Cleveland's offensive success last year, but some other position coach or some such. It came across as weird Hue loyalist back biting at the time, but maybe there was a kernel of truth there?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

fsif posted:

I remember there were some rumblings before the season that it wasn't Kitchens responsible for Cleveland's offensive success last year, but some other position coach or some such. It came across as weird Hue loyalist back biting at the time, but maybe there was a kernel of truth there?

Yeah that was the Walrus Bob Wylie the offensive line coach. According to him it was long time assistant to Hue Jackson, Ken Zampese that served as QB coach at the time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Ken Zampese according to Bob Wylie (the hilarious ex-OL coach). It didn't come off as Hue loyalist stuff exactly to me but sour grapes since he got fired after the season too.

Like I said a while back the most damning thing about this theory is that Ken Zampese did something good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ken Zampese has never playcalled a touchdown. don't correct this