Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Smirr posted:

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik...k/25092188.html

Explicit and absolutely gross ableism aside, did the IPCC actually ever correct any of their prognoses in the positive/optimistic direction? Serious question. All I've heard is that past models have been consistently wrong, but in the direction where we're hosed even sooner than previously thought. Is this the mother of all bad faith arguments?

Once again proving that the opinion of anybody with a "von" in their name can and should always be ignored.

Speaking of takes of the hot variety:

Just switch to the FDP already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Vom Flaschensammler zum Aktiensammler: Ein Rentenkonzept von Friedrich Merz.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I went to see Systemsprenger yesterday and if you're looking for an extremely uncomfortable (but good) watch I highly recommend it. Very uncomfortable though.

oliwan fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 8, 2019

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah the movie is extremely well done and "uncomfortable" is spot on.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Please post your income and I will help you budget it and make you into the next wolf of wallstreet. Example:

Friseur:
1100 eur netto

- 600 eur miete warm
- 50 eur strom
- 20 eur handy
- 30 eur internetanschluss
- 60 eur öpnv ticket
- 250 eur Essen
- 50 eur BMW aktien
- 20 eur kleidung
- 20 eur vergnügungen (kino, theater, kegelabend mit den kollegen, etc.)

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

GABA ghoul posted:

Please post your income and I will help you budget it and make you into the next wolf of wallstreet. Example:

Friseur:
1100 eur netto

- 600 eur miete warm
- 50 eur strom
- 20 eur handy
- 60 eur öpnv ticket
- 250 eur Essen
- 50 eur BMW aktien
- 20 eur kleidung

where’s the candles budget?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
My bank told me investing into Aktien only makes sense if you at least put in 200 € per month at medium risk, or the depot fees alone would destroy your profit.

At 50 bucks you're essentially giving your bank free money, you're actually not investing anything

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Goons Are Great posted:

Vom Flaschensammler zum Aktiensammler: Ein Rentenkonzept von Friedrich Merz.

Merz will nicht, dass Deutsche Aktien haben. Er will, dass Deutsche in Aktienbasierte Produkte investieren. Denn dann verdient seine Branche an den Gebühren (vgl. Rürup, Riester, etc.).

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

GABA ghoul posted:

Friseur:
1100 eur netto

- 600 eur miete warm
- 50 eur strom
- 20 eur handy
- 60 eur öpnv ticket
- 250 eur Essen
- 50 eur BMW aktien
- 20 eur kleidung

Goddamn you will never be comfortable, typical millennial mindset. Selber schuld. It should be:

Friseur:
1100 eur netto

- 600 eur miete warm
- 350 eur BMW aktien
- 50 eur strom
- 100 essen

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Libluini posted:

My bank told me investing into Aktien only makes sense if you at least put in 200 € per month at medium risk, or the depot fees alone would destroy your profit.

At 50 bucks you're essentially giving your bank free money, you're actually not investing anything

That's only because your bank's fees are ridiculously high then. Literally anyone who has money for a Döner can just put it into Aktien and have a healthy and rich life once he gets into retirement.
For any further questions, I can recommend the expert knowledge of your local BlackRock Inc. assistant, you can get the number from your CDU Ortsverband.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

tag yourself, i'm the 600 EUR warmmiete :laffo:

(i've been told you don't have to constantly invest but instead if you invest like a 1.000 euro chunk it's worth it or something like that, and both my banks are constantly waving "10 freie posten" in my face so i don't think i'd even pay gebühren? keep in mind I have no idea how Aktien work and got pulled over the tisch by Riester before)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
If have told my friends to stage an intervention if I ever invest in Aktien btw

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zwille posted:

tag yourself, i'm the 600 EUR warmmiete :laffo:

600 Warmmiete doesnt seem so farfetched? In a WG of course.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

oliwan posted:

If have told my friends to stage an intervention if I ever invest in Aktien btw

Enjoy your Altersarmut then, op.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goons Are Great posted:

I (and/or the earth) will die before I get old op, so no worries.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

oliwan posted:

600 Warmmiete doesnt seem so farfetched? In a WG of course.

Oh right, I was thinking of living on your own or sharing a flat with another person at worst. What's the typical WG asking price for a room? Excluding "2qm Besenkammervermietungen the Vermieter isn't told about" obviously.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

oliwan posted:

I (and/or the earth) will die before I get old op, so no worries.

You win this time, op.

Zwille posted:

Oh right, I was thinking of living on your own or sharing a flat with another person at worst. What's the typical WG asking price for a room? Excluding "2qm Besenkammervermietungen the Vermieter isn't told about" obviously.

In my experience in the typical big city, like, 300 or above. Guess that highly depends on the number of people you got in with you and how close to each other you are willing to live.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Trip report:

Are legit :rms:

bronin fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 8, 2019

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
That's not Spekulatius :argh:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Did they put salt on the Mandeln? If no, I may try them.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They put Mandeln on the salt, op.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Welp, like loving clockwork, I've got yet another aphid infestation this year, and almost to the very day I posted about it last year. Plants were looking really well, went relatively hands-off with them for about a week, must have missed the early signs of a breakout, and that's all it took. Take one closer look two days ago, and there are the little red fuckers, absolutely loving everywhere. Covering the fresh Auswüchse on the very top to the point where you can't see any plant matter beneath them.

Two days of massive spraying later, the mass of the infestation is dead, but there are survivors alive and kicking on pretty much every plant, and the damage the aphids have done made two of the six befallene Pflanzen drop like 60% of their leaves already. I think this may be it.
I'll try to save my plants to the finish line so they can dump all of their current younglings ripe, but I doubt any of my little ones will have enough of a Blätterwerk left to überwinter.

RIP :(

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

aphid_licker :argh:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Seconding the Systemsprenger recommendation. It's definitely a tough watch though, I definitely had moments where I wanted to leave the cinema.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Sereri posted:

aphid_licker :argh:

Aphid eat plant make aphid butt taste nice :downs:

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 8, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Goons Are Great posted:

oliwan is one of the top earners itt and has a hilariously low Bestandsmiete.

Basically, oliwan won't starve even if the SPD gets its way.

Edit: Speaking of SPD wishing death on us all...

https://twitter.com/LangeMdB/status/1181521362868981762

Randler fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 8, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Austria's gonna Austria

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Randler posted:

oliwan is one of the top earners itt and has a hilariously low Bestandsmiete.

Basically, oliwan won't starve even if the SPD gets its way.

Pairs extremely well with today's news that the Gesetzliche Krankenkassen are looking at steadily mounting deficits. :allears:

quote:

Nach Jahren mit großen Überschüssen könnten die gesetzlichen Krankenkassen bis 2040 ein Defizit von annähernd 50 Milliarden Euro angesammelt haben. Das geht aus einer Studie des Iges-Instituts im Auftrag der Bertelsmann Stiftung hervor. Demnach müsste der Beitragssatz von derzeit 14,6 Prozent schrittweise auf 16,9 Prozent steigen, um die vorausberechneten künftigen Ausgabensteigerungen zu finanzieren.
https://www.zeit.de/wissen/gesundheit/2019-10/krankenversicherung-gesetzliche-krankenkasse-milliarden-defizit-prognose

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

He just follows an ancient and proud tradition of Austrian politicians going on insane ego trips, just look at Liste Dinkhauser, Liste Pilz, Liste Lugner, Liste Schnell, Haider‘s BZÖ or Stadler‘s Reformkonservative, and of course God‘s gift to comedy, Team Stronach

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Randler posted:

Hey now, nobody has ever died from Homeopathy. :downs:

I looked up Christian Lange and while the SPD will not be in a federal government for the foreseeable future starting with the next election, his place on the Landesliste is #2 so as long as they cross the 5% threshold, he's probably in.

Perestroika posted:

Pairs extremely well with today's news that the Gesetzliche Krankenkassen are looking at steadily mounting deficits. :allears:

https://www.zeit.de/wissen/gesundheit/2019-10/krankenversicherung-gesetzliche-krankenkasse-milliarden-defizit-prognose
On one hand I'm guessing that takes it for granted that everyone survives and old people don't die in droves in the summers to come.
On the other hand that doesn't seem like that much of a jump but that might be the privilege talking?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Libluini posted:

Shares are for degenerate gamblers and investment funds with management fees are for the clueless; put corporate/municipal bonds into a cheap online portfolio.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

quote:

Nach Jahren mit großen Überschüssen könnten die gesetzlichen Krankenkassen bis 2040 ein Defizit von annähernd 50 Milliarden Euro angesammelt haben. Das geht aus einer Studie des Iges-Instituts im Auftrag der Bertelsmann Stiftung hervor. Demnach müsste der Beitragssatz von derzeit 14,6 Prozent schrittweise auf 16,9 Prozent steigen, um die vorausberechneten künftigen Ausgabensteigerungen zu finanzieren.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Sereri posted:

well it COULD happen
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1081/CLT-120026518
Compared to stuff like TCM its harmless though I guess, so Im glad germany went with homeopathy as their quack placebo

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sereri posted:

Nobody has ever died from too much homeopathy. :colbert:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Nobody has ever died from too much homeopathy. :colbert:

Excuse me, but water intoxication is a real thing and people have died from it during radio contests.

Also, Americans used homeopathy overdoses to torture prisoners in Guantanamo.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Not sure if GKV going Up in flames in 2040 is a reason to go PKV now or to hope for a sweeping reform.

Anybody know how fat you can be and still pass PKV assessment? Asking for my belly.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

If you're worried about the GKV collapsing in the next 20 years I'm not sure what to tell you about the PKV

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'ma believe Bertelsmann-Stiftung in everything.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, did a Nazi open fire in Halle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah apparently he attacked a kebab shop so obviously a complete monster

E: possible photo

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 9, 2019