Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Bro, you posted brainspiders! You are going to gain retweets!

91 is the maximum amount of brainspiders you can have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tres Weet

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Typical antisemitism:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1181933575832297472?s=19

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
i don't at all regret i wasted that pinnacle of clever on a bottom page snipe which is why i'm so graceful about it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The replies are utterly insane.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Didn't see anyone posting the response to Football Wife Drama
https://twitter.com/RebekahVardy/status/1181871914081509376
I'm no expert but something seems a little fishy about this

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Whoever tweeted that the octopus is under section 14 is a moron. Being aware of restrictions made to processions is a condition of being convicted under section 14 of the Public Order Act. By putting that on people's feeds you allow them to be convicted.

If there are conditions placed on your procession/assembly, don't share that information assholes. Posting here on the assumption no one here's at the protests rn.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 9, 2019

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
What's going on with all this jazz about Bercow having secret conversations with the EU parliament? It just popped up on my feed and I don't remember hearing anything about it.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

hello i figured out a great new thread relevant own i think you'll get a lot of mileage out of it

here it is

"i seem to have lost my brainspiders. have u seen them??

also

more importantly

haven't you" :smuggo:

You are unbelievably tedious.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

I like that he's linking to the Sky News story. Just thinking 'gently caress the BBC, even Sky don't rip the piss out as much these days'.

E: Huh, just noticed the 'Why you can trust Sky news' link at the top of the article. Then went to the BBC and saw they had one too, except buried at the bottom of the article. Is that new, as a result of some legislation or other? Or did two mid-level managers suddenly hit on the same idea to appear non-fake-newsey.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 9, 2019

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Have the Tories posted their Twitter yet?

Jesus loving christ, politics is now conducted on Twitter for gently caress's sake.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

The replies are utterly insane.
Why would you do that to yourself.

https://twitter.com/MLindopp/status/1181936536306290688?s=19

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

WhatEvil posted:

You are unbelievably tedious.

yeah in other threads i tend to stand out

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Why would you do that to yourself.

I mean I'm sort of generally curious to see how it skews, but like actual jewish people in the comments going apeshit about corbyn is just...

Like you've got the right wing shooting up synagogues and you think jeremy corbyn is the actual problem, like sincerely, as the direct target of the gun toting maniacs...

Like how hosed up is your sense of basic self preservation at that point? What does it take for people to think that maybe the oncoming train isn't on your side and that the man desperately trying to get people off the tracks isn't the bad guy despite what the other guy with the curly moustache and the stovepipe hat says. How many people does it have to plough through before the rest of the people on the tracks get the hint?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

accusations of being anti-semantic tend to be counterproductive

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Niric posted:

This might be of interest to some people here: Momentum are launching a volunteer research project to "collate vital information about opposition candidates - and much more" for the (presumably) upcoming election. If you can spare ~3 hrs a week and want to help get a Labour government, sign up here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfPBceytBGB9aZWyDMIDJivokm40sa7PuOoufmcPoEp-U383A/viewform
Cheers for posting this, might sign up while I'm waiting for my Labour membership to get processed

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I see Erdoğan has decided to bomb the Kurds again, perhaps even a bit more.

Good job America pulling out support you bunch of cunts.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Wondered why Blair was trending on twitter. Sadly, it's not an embarrasing death by autoerotic asphyxiation, having tweezered his tiny cock over a picture of Thatcher stamping on kittens or something, instead it's an interview with Andrew Neil
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1181977625964826628
tl;dr: "It's not a question of politics; It's Brexit."

Neoliberalism.txt.

And also:

Telegraph posted:

Tony Blair has admitted he will struggle to vote Labour at the forthcoming general election but warned the Tories they risk losing to Jeremy Corbyn by standing on a no-deal manifesto.

The former Prime Minister said the party he led was infected with "extremely distressing" anti-Semitism and "sectarianism" and he was extremely concerned about its political direction.

He said he had always voted Labour, most recently in this year's European and local government elections, but concluded that it would be "a struggle" to do so again.
[Can't see the rest]

Can always count on Blair to slither out from his sewer to galvanise people to do the exact opposite of what he says (with good reason).

Something had never seen before, was his thinktank trying to piggy back on Labour's slogan.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Tony Blair Institute is a not for profit research institution that seeks a world free of Tony Blair. Tony Blair has killed and crippled too many worldwide, including children. But we believe there is a cure within reach. Together we can work for a world where nobody fears Tony Blair. Please donate.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Laws named after people and animals are poo poo.

What about vegetables?

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

chestnut santabag posted:

What about vegetables?

I was thinking about laws named after vegetables the other day, while cleaning out my kitchen cupboards without a hard hat.

And a big sack of potatoes came down on my head.

But I guess that's just spud's law...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

chestnut santabag posted:

What about vegetables?

Corn laws not popular afaik.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Onion Futures Act was pretty good, but ridiculously overspecific.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Dead Goon posted:

I see Erdoğan has decided to bomb the Kurds again, perhaps even a bit more.

Good job America pulling out support you bunch of cunts.

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1182024931581874177

So the goal here is to punish Europe?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

xtothez posted:

Holy poo poo

And to not understand how roads work
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1182030957668425728

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

xtothez posted:

Yeah that's Putin's whole deal. And thus, the strings are pulled

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jollity Farm posted:

Especially since it's not as if she can go back in time to tell her younger self to pay better attention to this stuff. Educating herself about the recent past now is absolutely the most she (or anyone else in her position) can possibly do to make up for it. Telling her "you should have listened at the time" achieves nothing except making the person saying it feel superior.

You've just described the vast majority of political discussion online.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

xtothez posted:

Holy poo poo

I mean his gimmick is literally america first.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1181936763671138307
This is good for Labour I think.

If Boris goes into the election still promising to get a deal, it means his pledge to "get Brexit done" will essentially consist of "let me go and negotiate some more, despite the fact that the EU have already totally rejected the deal I want. Then if I fail I'll totally leave with No Deal. I know I already promised to do that and didn't but this time I mean it!"

I can see Labour having decent cut-through with the message that the Tories have already had three years to 'get Brexit done', and Boris is actually just repeating the exact same promise he's already broken: to negotiate a deal and then leave if he can't get it.

jabby fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 9, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He might be doing that thing where he just lies to people to keep them happy.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm no expert on middle east politics but is there any will among people in the region to try and have Kurdistan be recognised as a nation with, say, Diyarbakir as its capital ?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I give up I don't understand what the gently caress is going on in the world right now

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Johnson still trying to get a deal after an election is hilarious. What does he think will have changed? I suppose if they do well it makes it more likely he can get something past parliament, but currently the issue is that he can’t get anything past the EU. He probably imagines they’ll be so impressed by such a cool guy winning an election they’ll just drop all their red lines.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pochoclo posted:

I give up I don't understand what the gently caress is going on in the world right now

Donald Trump is letting Turkey invade Syria to wipe out the Kurds, releasing all of the captured ISIS soldiers in the process, to punish Europe and help his personal allies in Turkey and Russia (via their puppet in Syria).

Also because the Kurds didn't help us during the Normandy landing during WW2 (He actually said this today)

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Azza Bamboo posted:

I'm no expert on middle east politics but is there any will among people in the region to try and have Kurdistan be recognised as a nation with, say, Diyarbakir as its capital ?

It's about as likely as R'lyeh being their capital.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

Diyarbakir? Holy gently caress no. The Kurds want independence but even in their wildest dreams they don't think they could annex a big chunk of Turkey.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Glumslinger posted:

Donald Trump is letting Turkey invade Syria to wipe out the Kurds, releasing all of the captured ISIS soldiers in the process, to punish Europe and help his personal allies in Turkey and Russia (via their puppet in Syria).

Also because the Kurds didn't help us during the Normandy landing during WW2 (He actually said this today)

Has he just accepted that impeachment is the best case scenario and trying to cause as much damage to the world as possible before it happens?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Azza Bamboo posted:

I'm sure there's Kurds that would love this idea, but it's about as realistic as recreating the 10th century Kingdom of Armenia.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
It's perfectly feasible, we just have to go back in time and not dismantle the Ottoman Empire for lols and imperialism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dismantling empires for imperialism.