Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I agree with every other response but this is my favourite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The #LarsSucks brigade must've been happy with him showing up on On The Continent this week

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This part of the season always reminds how important jim is to the ramble. Also is there a way to just subscribe to the tuesday and friday shows without the others?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lol this is ace

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Some quality pardew content on the ramble.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Bandini's first podcast appearance on FW since the announcement, think it was nicely addressed by her and then segued by Max.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

The Dollop is doing a sub-series of stories from the UK and the most recent is the history of Swansea's mascot Cyril. Worth the listen.

http://dollopengland.libsyn.com/2-cyril-the-swan

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Observations from today's FW:

Of course Jonathan Wilson does the crossword lol

Please don't have wilson and ronay on together again. In fact, just never have ronay on ever.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oliwan posted:

Please don't have wilson and ronay on together again. In fact, just never have ronay on ever.

How can you not enjoy Wilson deciding to double then triple down on his Lampard theory in response to Ronay’s incredulity.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I enjoyed the lampard segment.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I liked Wilson’s handball penalty hypothetical.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

oliwan posted:

i got annoyed by this terrible opinion before i even noticed who posted it

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

oliwan posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with doing a crossword?

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Mickolution posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with doing a crossword?

He said it was the cryptic crossword, shudder

I love when Ronay and Wilson are on together, except that they butt in all the time.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
what'd you guys think of the lampard theory? sounds like a load of horseshit if you ask me, surely there are managers from lampard's generation that are able to coach transitioning from attacking to defending

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Homura posted:

what'd you guys think of the lampard theory? sounds like a load of horseshit if you ask me, surely there are managers from lampard's generation that are able to coach transitioning from attacking to defending

Like they said it sounds silly, but some how is true. It was silly that both lampard and gerrard couldn't figure out how to play together as well.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That statement from the inter fans was nuts.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
No hair washing discussion from football weekly?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Today's FW extra doesn't have ronay, Wilson or Lars :captainpop: #dreampod

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
If you hate Wilson, you hate life itself.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The best Football Weekly lineup is clearly Rushden, Glendenning, Wilson, Auclair.

Though I'm cooling on Glendenning, to be honest

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I think sometimes Glendenning doesn't offer much then he goes on holiday and you see it's better to have him there doing little than not at all.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I think sometimes Glendenning doesn't offer much then he goes on holiday and you see it's better to have him there doing little than not at all.

Pete from the Ramble is like that as well. You really notice when he's not there.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Barry is absolutely the luxury Number 10 of the regular cast, and that's perfectly fine. There's always room for somebody to work smarter and not harder at these things.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

harperdc posted:

Barry is absolutely the luxury Number 10 of the regular cast, and that's perfectly fine. There's always room for somebody to work smarter and not harder at these things.

Yeah, he doesn't offer a great deal in terms of analysis, but he's a very affable guy and has a good chemistry with the others, especially with Max.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah Barry is good, Wilson is BAD

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
John Nicholson is amazing, what a force

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

He's loving terrible. His cynical whimsy gets old very quickly.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
His voice is weird. He sounds like he’s about to cry every other sentence.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Monday’s line up is the best. Wilson, Ronay, Glendinning. Maybe Auclair would be a good addition, but otherwise it’s pretty much spot on. As ever, gently caress Lars.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

The Perfect Element posted:

Monday’s line up is the best. Wilson, Ronay, Glendinning. Maybe Auclair would be a good addition, but otherwise it’s pretty much spot on. As ever, gently caress Lars.

Did you listen? It was brutal.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The Perfect Element posted:

I'd have Auclair over Ronay but otherwise that's pretty good. That said I love when they have Elis James on, so I dunno

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope that ronay took notes while listening to wilson on how to build a simple and effective metaphor

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
btw after this episode I now love Jonathan Wilson

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
*in sid low voice* Suareth

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

webmeister posted:

I'd have Auclair over Ronay but otherwise that's pretty good. That said I love when they have Elis James on, so I dunno

loving love elis james

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Homura posted:

loving love elis james

He doesn't seem to know much about Swansea despite being a supporter.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

sassassin posted:

He doesn't seem to know much about Swansea despite being a supporter.

tbf even the owners don't seem to know much about Swansea.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

generally I prefer posted:

tbf even the owners don't seem to know much about Swansea.

They don't host a podcast discussing Welsh football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

sassassin posted:

They don't host a podcast discussing Welsh football.

What does he not know?