Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the timeline however is now an extremely direct

lunch with rudy -> airport -> one way flight to a non-extradition treaty country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's 88 now yeah

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Angry_Ed posted:

Rape of Nanking denialist, ultranationalist, and homophobe among other things.

That is quite the list of hosed up things which google is very quick to backup/

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

How fuckin stupid do you have to be to book an international one way when you’re under investigation?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

evilweasel posted:

lunch with rudy -> airport -> one way flight to a non-extradition treaty country

They were scheduled to testify in front of various House committees today, it's possible they always planned to flee before that happened. It seems like they were only arrested once it became clear they were trying to run.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

evilweasel posted:

My interpretation of things is that Barr probably tipped off Rudy that these gentlemen were being investigated, Rudy then passed that information along abd the two gentlemen tried to skip town; but because LOL Rudy is obviously being watched they didn't get very far.

Also the SDNY doesn't trust the DOJ and so delayed telling Barr about the arrest until the absolute last minute.

That sound about right to you?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

This screams Barr/Giuliani tip off, doesnt it?

Literally, yes

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1182355758379393024

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)
drat I wonder how many of these fuxks are in FISA taps?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1182363719235526657?s=20

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

How fuckin stupid do you have to be to book an international one way when you’re under investigation?

All the smart people left the room a loooong time ago.

Also, I wouldn't be half-surprised that Gulliani probably thinks he's invincible because of all the times he's admitted to crimes on TV and no one has done anything about it. Of course his cronies would think they're invincible too.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

They were scheduled to testify in front of various House committees today, it's possible they always planned to flee before that happened. It seems like they were only arrested once it became clear they were trying to run.

you don't need a one way ticket to a non-extradition nation to tell the House to pound sand, at least until the sergeant at arms starts arresting people

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Didn't Rudy also have like lots of contacts in the SDNY? Pretty sure I remember something about him getting leaks back in 2016. It's possible he could have known before Barr.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

saltylopez posted:

Didn't Rudy also have like lots of contacts in the SDNY? Pretty sure I remember something about him getting leaks back in 2016. It's possible he could have known before Barr.

SDNY FBI, yep, they were leaking to him about the weiner/abedin hard drive investigation that involved clinton's emails

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1182334887552061442?s=21

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Snuffman posted:

All the smart people left the room a loooong time ago.

Also, I wouldn't be half-surprised that Gulliani probably thinks he's invincible because of all the times he's admitted to crimes on TV and no one has done anything about it. Of course his cronies would think they're invincible too.

Even on a basic level though, just fuckin book a 72 hour trip and skip the return leg. Or drive to Canada or Mexico and hop on a boat there.

I’m interested to see what the final destination of these idiots was because I have a feeling it rhymes with mussia.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Nice typo on "a Ukrainian government official ho ".

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

I say give him a few more weeks of admitting crimes on TV first.

Just put a live feed and reporter in his cell.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

saltylopez posted:

You realize that he ran that office in the eighties right?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

wingnuts : rudy didnt literally say and literally write and video tape with 8K video/audio " I am tipping you off to thecrimes and ordering you to flee to avoid testifying."

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

OddObserver posted:

Hasn't that been true ever since Southern Baptists existed?

Not really, actually! The slide really began to occur after the 1968 (I think) Southern Baptist Convention put out an extremely (for the time) progressive platform supporting racial reconciliation and justice. After that, in 1970, the arch-conservative elements began to put into action a plan to take over the machinery of the convention, and replaced every position in power with fundamentalists. The "split" was finalized in 1991, with a large group of moderates breaking away and forming their own conference, the Coopertive Baptist Fellowship.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

DotyManX posted:

Sheriff Offices, at least in NC are their own special kind of beast. While nominally part of the County government at least for things such as benefits, budget etc. the Sheriff is an elected official and everyone in the sheriff's department 'serves at the pleasure of the sheriff' i.e. you're not really a county employee, you're the sheriff's employee and he can hire and fire whoever he wants for whatever reason he wants. (Unless of course doing so violates one's civil rights, which this certainly does) What I'm saying is there are way easier ways for a sheriff to purge his office of people he doesn't want, it happens routinely whenever a new sheriff gets elected, especially in the smaller counties.

Sheriffs departments are hosed across the country. They operate without any oversight basically. The podcast In the Dark goes into detail about a town and how hosed the sheriff is and how corrupt and bullshit the whole system for them is.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1182344332294201344

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

To be clear, these guys had lunch with Rudy Giuliani yesterday and then purchased one way tickets to a foreign country for today and got arrested waiting to get in 6 their plane?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PhazonLink posted:

wingnuts : rudy didnt literally say and literally write and video tape with 8K video/audio " I am tipping you off to thecrimes and ordering you to flee to avoid testifying."

Remembering who were talking about here, there’s a good chance he did

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

So I guess the entire Republican party is taking foreign money, to the surpise of *checks notes* absolutley nobody.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

so this is a smocking gun right?

edit:
https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1182365994246901762

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

McCarthy was one of the louder congresspersons on the anti impeachment train right?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

haveblue posted:

Remembering who were talking about here, there’s a good chance he did

i highly doubt Rudy has 8k a/v equipment

He does have 4K stuff though. Also still using triple carbon paper.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ryde posted:

McCarthy was one of the louder congresspersons on the anti impeachment train right?

Yes. Also one of the dumbest.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Meatball posted:

So I guess the entire Republican party is taking foreign money, to the surpise of *checks notes* absolutley nobody.

I mean its so obvious that it's the reason why the biggest ghouls are doubling down on obstructing the inquiry....they're all complicit.

Who could have predicted this? Certainly not everyone with half a brain in this thread since the very beginning of the Russia investigation.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Even on a basic level though, just fuckin book a 72 hour trip and skip the return leg. Or drive to Canada or Mexico and hop on a boat there.

I’m interested to see what the final destination of these idiots was because I have a feeling it rhymes with mussia.

I was thinking the same thing and had to laugh at how the sheer cheapness of these rich criminals did them in. I mean depending on how close they were being followed, it might not have helped, but it sure would've looked a hell of a lot less suspect to spend the extra money for a round-trip to a tourist destination then use the good old European public trains to get where you need to go.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 10, 2019

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Mummy Xzibit posted:

I mean its so obvious that it's the reason why the biggest ghouls are doubling down on obstructing the inquiry....they're all complicit.

Who could have predicted this? Certainly not everyone with half a brain in this thread since the very beginning of the Russia investigation.

Which is why it's so infuriating when tongue-clucking tankies in D&D act like anyone wanting to investigate the scope of Russia's interference in our elections is an insane conspiracy theorist making excuses for Hilary Clinton

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Archonex posted:

Don't forget that the FBI had it's log of outright seditious/murderous towards minorities far right wing types effectively purged by the Trump admin a year or so ago.

They know damned well what they're doing.

Yeah, that was why Jeff Sessions was Atty Gen, to remove the white supremacist groups from the FBI's Groups of Interest, and to whittle away at POC civil rights.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

twice burned ice posted:

Which is why it's so infuriating when tongue-clucking tankies in D&D act like anyone wanting to investigate the scope of Russia's interference in our elections is an insane conspiracy theorist making excuses for Hilary Clinton

Once upon a time it was understandable to argue that the Russia stuff was a read herring that distracts from the larger problems. At this point, it's part of a larger pattern that's inextricably linked with those larger problems.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I don't understand why they still let Rudy do interviews

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1182368658309500929

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Rudy was just telling them that now is a good time to go to Europe since they’ll see some nice fall colors, and it’s a one way ticket because they’re not sure how long they’re going to vacation for. It’s all a coincidence and Rudy just knows all the primo vacation spots for them.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't understand why they still let Rudy do interviews

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1182368658309500929

Because Trump literally thinks this is helping him.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Love this photo.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

twice burned ice posted:

Thankfully R.Denyovich is dethroned, so that bullshit no longer has am admin protecting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hey cool this is the plot of House of Cards