Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Netanyahu Warns Against Turkey's Ethnic Cleansing of 'Gallant Kurds'; Vows to Assist
haaretz.com/Oct 10, 2019
"Erdogan blasts Netanyahu's comments as 'empty words of disgraced politician looking at many years in prison'"

Don't know what Netanyahu is thinking but might be time to bring back single combat.

George Will: No Republican who supports Trump should be re-elected
rawstory.com/October 10, 2019
'Writing in the Washington Post, Will recalled the times Trump complimented his own intelligence, saying “I’m a very stable genius” and that he has “a very good brain.” In reality, Trump is “spiraling downward in a tightening gyre,” said Will.'

Pence, Pompeo and Barr deserve to be impeached, too
washingtonpost.com/Oct. 9, 2019
"President Trump has no one but himself to blame for the fact that he is on the verge of being impeached. He recognizes no legal or moral limits on his “absolute right” to do whatever he pleases — including pressuring a foreign country to intervene in U.S. politics on his behalf. But his most senior aides have done him no favors by acting as accelerators rather than brakes on his unconscionable conduct.

Three senior officials, in particular, could have tried to dissuade the president from misusing his office for personal gain, but there is no evidence that they ever attempted to do so. History will record their names along with Trump’s in the annals of ignominy. The president’s principal accomplices in his brazen assault on the rule of law are Vice President Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and Attorney General William P. Barr."

Every Republican on the 2020 ballot should face the kind of scorn heaped on Joni Ernst
washingtonpost.com/Oct. 10, 2019

Christians Plan National Day Of Prayer To Support Trump Impeachment Inquiry
huffpost.com/10/09/2019
"There are some Republicans who are less effective than others in disguising their moral cowardice and partisan blindness. Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) is among the worst."

'Tip of the Iceberg': Prosecutors Allege Vast Criminal Conspiracy by Giuliani Associates to Funnel Foreign Cash to Trump and GOP
commondreams.org
(Non-twit recap.)

McConnell's likely Democratic challenger raises $10.7 million In three months
cnn.com/October 10, 2019
"The massive haul once again reveals McGrath to be a fundraising powerhouse. In her 2018 congressional race, an ad highlighting McGrath's background — the first woman Marine to fly an F-18 in combat, who flew more than 85 combat missions in the Middle East -- went viral and helped her raise millions before she narrowly lost in November. In the last financial quarter, McGrath received on average $36 and donations from every county in Kentucky, according to her campaign."

The Horrifying Campaign Against LGBTQ People in Poland—and How the U.S. Has Made It Worse
slate.com/Oct 10, 2019

Otteration fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Daniel Dale usually stares into the abyss for us so we dont have to:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1182444926249910272
Even though he's a professional and he dealt with the Canadian coke mayor, I feel like this guy is going to need professional help once this whole thing is over. :ohdear:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Furnaceface posted:

this'll be streamed on his new twitch channel (not joking)

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
What are people thinking about Barr meeting Murdoch? I can think of two scenarios:

1) Barr angling to get ahead of an administration collapse and seeking favorable treatment in the news?
2) Barr is Trump's toady and is trying to bring Murdoch to heel for his boss

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Even though he's a professional and he dealt with the Canadian coke mayor, I feel like this guy is going to need professional help once this whole thing is over. :ohdear:

Oh yeah Rob Ford was a walk in the park compared to this stuff.

Hopefully we dont elect the Conservatives in 2 weeks so he at least has healthcare to come back to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DarkHorse posted:

What are people thinking about Barr meeting Murdoch? I can think of two scenarios:

1) Barr angling to get ahead of an administration collapse and seeking favorable treatment in the news?
2) Barr is Trump's toady and is trying to bring Murdoch to heel for his boss

Probably 2. Barr is there to grovel at Rup’s feet and beg him to make Fox say nice things about Donnie Goobrains again so he’ll stop yelling and trying to throw things at his head.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Rinkles posted:

this'll be streamed on his new twitch channel (not joking)

link?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Lol you don't bring Murdoch to heel, he brings you to heel.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Wark Say posted:

LA Times posted:

You’ve got a big Twitter following now of people who think that this is so important, and they’re delighted that you’re doing it. Do you get cards? Flowers? Thank-you notes?

I occasionally get letters in the actual mail, which as you know is reasonably rare these days. I get lots of nice emails. I frequently get people offering to buy me drinks — I don’t drink.

But people sincerely suggesting that they want to donate to my vacation fund or a spa fund — people seem concerned about my welfare, my well-being, my sanity.

As journalists we don’t expect to really hear from readers when they’re happy with us. And so to get all this nice feedback along with the hate mail is really wonderful.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the standard remedy when you made an inadvertent / "inadvertent" campaign finance whoopsiedoodle as the campaign and want to reducd or eliminate the fines you get hit with is to repay the cash, yep

Usually helps if you do the "repay" before you're caught with your paw in the trough though.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Don't give his poo poo any attention

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Expect Omar to come up tonight

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1182445048090320896

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

nine-gear crow posted:

I think “Don’t Piss Off Bette Midler” should be one of everyone’s life goals, but what do I know?

I mean, The Simpsons taught us that back in '93.

https://youtu.be/F9mpQe9V94E

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

:nexus::nexus::nexus:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Trump lying on purpose, or his brain melting? Why not both?

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1182451248395640832

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Just wow. All of this.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

dude sounds like he has a mind of diamond, the hardest metal.

either that or he's a certain flavor of pyscho that's not regressive.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Oh, I think we all thought Daniel Dale was live-fact-checking on Twitch. I'd watch that way before I'd watch whatever's on that cursed channel.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wylie posted:

Oh, I think we all thought Daniel Dale was live-fact-checking on Twitch. I'd watch that way before I'd watch whatever's on that cursed channel.

my bad

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Eric Trump: guns! christmas! police!

Uh they're introducing Pence with YMCA. Is this parody?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the standard remedy when you made an inadvertent / "inadvertent" campaign finance whoopsiedoodle as the campaign and want to reducd or eliminate the fines you get hit with is to repay the cash, yep

"McCarthy gives $150,000 to accused foreign agents" isn't a good look tho

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I'm glad he feels supported in his hellish, never-ending nightmare, I should send him a note too :3:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

Would be fun if eventually the fact checks break the twit com's bandwidth in real time.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Psychepath posted:

:lol:

No loving way

Pence isn't even Catholic :rimshot:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psychepath posted:

I guess they thought “Look Out! Here Comes Mike Pence, He Fucks Horses!” was too on the nose :shrug:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Catalyst-proof posted:

I think this is the night he really cracks publicly. All of this poo poo has been happening up to the last hour. He's going to be scrambled.

"Why is this night different from all other nights?"

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

No loving way

I thought they'd be on schedule, so I was wrong. They just played the entire song so the crowd unironically danced along to it.

Pence walked out to All Right Now.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
is there a stream to watch this idiot, preferably one that doesn't count as if I actually a viewer interested in that pile of garbage

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Huh... is it weird that reading this made me feel a teeny-tiny bit more hopeful? Like yeah, he gets hate mail, which is no fun, but dude is a tough loving cookie.

Maybe I'll send him an email. Something with a :cheers: "Hey, here's to a real one" vibe or something.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1182455652398108672

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I hate Pence so loving much

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Apparently so did Indiana. That's why he's VP now, because it was their only way to get him to leave the state.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

No loving way

Am I missing a joke because Pence is Catholic, he's an "Evangelical Catholic"

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1182402003760078848?s=19

I'm sure some of you have wondered about this, so check out the replies.

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1182457498302898176?s=19

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pellisworth posted:

Am I missing a joke because Pence is Catholic, he's an "Evangelical Catholic"

...That's a thing?! :psyboom:

I thought only loving super Evangelical weirdos call their wives mother

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Fargle posted:

Apparently so did Indiana. That's why he's VP now, because it was their only way to get him to leave the state.

Can confirm. Going into 2016 I thought that was the last we were ever going to see of him. :negative:

Gonna be knocking the hell out of doors next year for turnout. Hopefully we will do better on a candidate for our district because Walorski is such an asshat in the same vein as Pence

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TulliusCicero posted:

I mean, yes, 90% of western colonialism was and is 'evangelical catholics'

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Vice president wants to release transcripts of his own Ukraine calls
mohavedailynews.com/Oct 9, 2019
"WAUKEE, Iowa (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday he is working with the White House counsel’s office to release transcripts of his own calls with Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TulliusCicero posted:

it's possible it's a small-c catholic thing, some of the super evangelical weirdos do that and nobody's ever really nailed him down on it

and he is a complete religious nutter