Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

gosh i don't know you might see all my payments from Corporate Initiative Assessments, inc and draw the wrong conclusions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

what's a good film pod, apart from filmsuck whoch i enjoy, seems like most google throws up are by shitlibs trying to view everything thru the lens of trump's america

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Victory Position posted:

I'm listening, what are the requirements?

my love is for other people and my politics, so I don't really give two shits what the gently caress I do for a living so long as it doesn't conflict with those first two

Honestly a background in something technical or hands on is p much it, and you can prob fudge that part

You can get the job thru a manufacturer and they factory train you (doesn't mean much) and give you the technical literature and support

Can also be maintenance/engineering/whatever at the end user of a variety of machines

Field service too

The jobs pop up all the time, but many may require you to physically spend your time in an Amazon building which could violate both of your requirements

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

gh0stpinballa posted:

what's a good film pod, apart from filmsuck whoch i enjoy, seems like most google throws up are by shitlibs trying to view everything thru the lens of trump's america

A couple of guys from MST3k (the guys who played Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank) have one called Movie Sign With the Mads

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

cool dance moves posted:

A couple of guys from MST3k (the guys who played Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank) have one called Movie Sign With the Mads

Isn't Frank a lib

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

gh0stpinballa posted:

We Hate Movies is pretty good, I listened to their episode on 300 recently which was pretty enlightening since I haven't seen it in years and didn't remember how virulently racist it was

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not only is Frank a lib, but he's full on Bernie hating Donut Twitter.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

gh0stpinballa posted:

in loose order of decreasing funniness but increasing leftishness:

• the flop house
  • we hate movies
  • smersh pod (e: two words)

Doc Hawkins has issued a correction as of 03:20 on Oct 11, 2019

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Isn't Frank a lib

and Mike is a Sorbo-style chud

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

and Mike is a Sorbo-style chud

Is that still the case? I remember he was a Bush supporter in '04 but he seemed to move away from that.

Bill Corbett's politics are excellent, thankfully.

Doc Hawkins posted:

in loose order of decreasing funniness but increasing leftishness:

• the flop house
  • we hate movies
  • smersh pod (e: two words)

We Hate Movies is objectively funnier than the Flop House, and also more lefty.

Mantis42 posted:

Not only is Frank a lib, but he's full on Bernie hating Donut Twitter.

Yeah, so is Greg Proops.:smith:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Majorian posted:

We Hate Movies is objectively funnier than the Flop House, and also more lefty.

as my list shows, i half-agree

can we at least be united in our mockery of How Did This Get Made?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

aw man i had forgotten about greg proops :(

i am actually on an episode of the proopscast, as a moron in the live audience. the halcyon days of 2014.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

whoever was the recent guest on streetfight sucks rear end

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
The Leykis short ep was pretty great though.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

as my list shows, i half-agree

can we at least be united in our mockery of How Did This Get Made?

Yeah, which makes me sad because I like everyone on that show, but it sucks.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Majorian posted:

Is that still the case? I remember he was a Bush supporter in '04 but he seemed to move away from that.

Bill Corbett's politics are excellent, thankfully.

Bill is actually the one who made me aware of this, he pretty recently waxed about how he and the other members of the MST3K/Rifftrax family don't always agree politically. But uhh

Mike Nelson posted:

I read the National Review cover to cover. Check in at Townhall.com every day. Check the Washington Times daily. Listen to Dennis Prager and Michael Medved on a regular basis. Read Mark Steyn with regularity. Read the Weekly Standard. So, yes, I do vote Republican.

while that was in '04 and since '16 styles himself as a Never Trumper, he is still your average American God-fearing conservative who you think is the genuine salt of the Earth until you see their Facebook posts

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

eighty-four merc posted:

which could violate both of your requirements

they do, hard pass, but thank you

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

Bill is actually the one who made me aware of this, he pretty recently waxed about how he and the other members of the MST3K/Rifftrax family don't always agree politically. But uhh

while that was in '04 and since '16 styles himself as a Never Trumper, he is still your average American God-fearing conservative who you think is the genuine salt of the Earth until you see their Facebook posts

Ah well, that's disappointing, but I guess I can still bring myself to laugh at his jokes...

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Doc Hawkins posted:

aw man i had forgotten about greg proops :(

i am actually on an episode of the proopscast, as a moron in the live audience. the halcyon days of 2014.

i stopped listening after the nth time he argued marie antoinette got an unfair deal

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

gh0stpinballa posted:

I really enjoy the Michael and Us podcast, along with its sister podcast the important cinema club podcast.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I’m with @cushbomb Joker turned me fascist now I say slurs every day just to prove a point about the market

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Majorian posted:

Ooooh, like the "Bowser Revolution" from Mario Party!

The Communist Manifesto, but explained entirely through Mario Party references

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Wasn't Medved responsible for the Razzies?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Kunster posted:

Wasn't Medved responsible for the Razzies?

Putin and Medvedev instead of Wario and Waluigi

“Putin why you a bury my a princess under hundreds of gallons of gas to a save her, you know a she a die when exposed to a gas”

Putin: wahaha

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chapo should hire Libby Watson to be their DC correspondent now that Splinter has been killed

Libby doesn't work there, she's at TNR, I think it was when I checked yesterday. KATH KRUEGER is the one at Splinter.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

gh0stpinballa posted:

Have You Seen This? is one I got into because they had various Chapos on. I haven't listened to a ton of episodes because I haven't seen a lot of the films they review, but they recently did a great episode on TerrorVision. They also review styles of movie instead of just individual ones: the episode on Tarantino rip-offs (with Matt Christman) is a great one.

It's a sharp contrast to most trash film podcasts that just walk you through the plot of a movie and make fun of it. That style of entertainment critique goes all the way back to Internet 1.0, when people would post lengthy plot-point reviews with screenshots. I feel that it's obsolete now that you can pull up most of these films on YouTube and skim them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the new public trillbillies is on cops and specifically cop murder. hell yeah.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

fairly boring chapo episode this week, heidecker fails to raise a chuckle from this listener and the reading series was by the numbers and dull.

i always find it funny how back in 2016 they had all these things planned for it but they couldn't even manage a monthly newsletter for more than 3 installments. laziest mfers in the media, i love it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Where's the lie?

https://twitter.com/lagadoprojector/status/1182254670334627841?s=19

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Capitalism emerged in Anglican England and Protestant Netherlands, actually.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

Capitalism emerged in Anglican England and Protestant Netherlands, actually.

There's a historical school of thought that there was sort of a mini-Industrial Revolution in the High Middle Ages, and that a lot of the roots of Capitalism can be found there. I still think it's a massive stretch to say that "Capitalism developed there," but meh.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

i have no idea who the high-chapo cohort are, and i'm glad of it

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Didnt they just spend an episode dunking on catholic weirdos a while ago?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

what is being alleged here, just say it, everyone already knows bellingcat is a welfare gravy train for cheap NATO/spook run hacks

https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1178869992403681282?s=19

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
To be fair, Chapo dunks on tradcaths in the context of them being an odd collection of freakish aristocrats and recent converts who narrowly missed being alt-right anime Nazis. Felix said early on that Catholicism is just mistaking your Italian grandmother's dementia for an actual tradition, but this is well in keeping with his point: the problem with American Catholicism is that it's too much like American evangelical Protestantism. He paints Zionist Judaism with the same brush.

I think the High Chapo Cohort comes up if you read the spinoffs like Book of the Long Sun, but it's not as important in the main narrative.

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 19:56 on Oct 11, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The United States is like Christianity's septic tank, so we hate what we know.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gh0stpinballa posted:

what is being alleged here, just say it, everyone already knows bellingcat is a welfare gravy train for cheap NATO/spook run hacks

https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1178869992403681282?s=19

This is just feeding my "mass shooters are a deep state psyop" belief

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I’d say it points to just how heavily monitored 8chan was by whatever alphabet agencies brown moses is entwined with, but I yeah i totally see the more extremist alt right culture being fostered by the fbi/cia/etc as a potential death squad breeding grounds

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Oct 11, 2019

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

gh0stpinballa posted:

The Movies that made me is pretty good, although its primarily about older movies
https://trailersfromhell.com/podcast/

Sleazoids is also pretty good, and their guests are on the free episodes rather than the patreon only ones which is nice.
https://soundcloud.com/sleazoids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I got like 20 minutes into Sleazoids' Ronin episode before I realized I was confusing Ronin with Heat.