Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Shep Smith was complicit at Fox News and I never understood why people gave him a pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZYr_Vn9VRA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Tayter Swift posted:

Ah yes, mark-to-market trade deals. Deals kinda-sorta promised for the future get reported and in the books immediately. Worked great for Enron.

Ken Lay never had to actually suffer the consequences :pwn:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
So Barr totally had Shep fired

https://twitter.com/jolingkent/status/1182758486003707905

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Can't believe the president is going to be banned from battle.net.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

How long until Trump tweets that he had Barr force Murdoch to get rid of Shep? He's definitely going to want credit for it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

Ken Lay never had to actually suffer the consequences :pwn:

I was about to say "no he died in prison awaiting trial, right?" but lol no I looked it up and even though he was convicted somehow he got to go on luxury vacations during the months before his sentencing and died peacefully in his hotel in loving Aspen.

Goddamn it's good to be a wealthy criminal.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

PhazonLink posted:

but what if its some sort of railgun on top of a walking robo tank?

Beagle Active Probe, obviously. :awesomelon:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Shep Smith was complicit at Fox News and I never understood why people gave him a pass.

he was white and a non-threatening gay (I think, or was that just a rumor we all accepted as fact) and every other month he'd say 'actually...torture is bad....' and make Media Matters cream their pants after watching nothing but white nationalists scream Stormfront posts at them.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1182758760017739777?s=20

quote:

That’s because Newaldass had met Wohl and Burkman by replying to an ad posted on Craigslist seeking a “male actor” for “performance art.” When he showed up at Burkman’s Virginia home and delivered his lines alleging an affair, Newaldass was under the belief that the press conference was actually an audition for a Spike TV show. He said he had no idea that Harris was a politician. Indeed, he assumed she was a fictional person.

“I thought I was acting for a role in a movie, like a role in a TV series,” Newaldass said. “I thought everything was staged, I’m thinking everyone is an actor.”
Newaldass insists that he believed that everyone at the event, from Wohl and Burkman, to the reporters asking questions, and a heckler dressed as a corncob, were all actors. Wohl promised Newaldass $500 to appear at the event—money that Newaldass said he still has yet to receive.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

twice burned ice posted:

How long until Trump tweets that he had Barr force Murdoch to get rid of Shep? He's definitely going to want credit for it.

He'll save the bragging for the rally stage tonight in Louisiana.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

he was white and a non-threatening gay (I think, or was that just a rumor we all accepted as fact) and every other month he'd say 'actually...torture is bad....' and make Media Matters cream their pants after watching nothing but white nationalists scream Stormfront posts at them.

He came out in 2017

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yeah I'm sure they had that meeting to crack the whip at Fox and get them back on message. They fired Shep to prove a point to the others

Also this is amazing proof that Fox is state media / propaganda but everyone already knew that

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 11, 2019

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

ummel posted:

I forgot about those, doh.

But probably also an NDA which prevents him from talking poo poo about FOX for decades. I wonder where he'll go next. He used to be a reporter for one of the local stations where i grew up, and it was weird to see him 'graduate' to FOX News.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

He came out in 2017

alright glad I wasn't repeating a dumb rumor then.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

xov posted:

But probably also an NDA which prevents him from talking poo poo about FOX for decades. I wonder where he'll go next. He used to be a reporter for one of the local stations where i grew up, and it was weird to see him 'graduate' to FOX News.

His signoff said that he can't report anywhere else in the near future. He's probably barred from being on the news for at least a year.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1182761207415132161

Lot of conflicting stories

e: yup

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1182764129309904897

cochise fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 11, 2019

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I'm the Windscale of posters.

This reference is on fire

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah I'm sure they had that meeting to crack the whip at Fox and get them back on message. They fired Shep to prove a point to the others

Also this is amazing proof that Fox is state media / propaganda but everyone already knew that

Why would the WH have any leverage? Doesn’t fox make more money with a democratic president?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1182762211791511553
https://twitter.com/stevennelson10/status/1182760003423424512
https://twitter.com/IntelDoge/status/1182760843475337218

so turkey got what they wanted out of shelling the US position (us troops out of kobane so they could murder more kurds)

DarkHorse posted:

This reference is on fire

yeah i :golfclap: this reference

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

nachos posted:

Why would the WH have any leverage? Doesn’t fox make more money with a democratic president?

If Fox was a network whose only drive was more viewership, yes.

Fox is not that network though, Fox serves its owners interests and they most definitely make more money with a republican passing legislation.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I never understood why Fox News had him. I understand needing someone like him to fill his role as a "balance" to everyone else, but I never got why they used someone with his classical square-jawed all-american look rather than another Alan Colmes.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

nachos posted:

Fox was literally created and designed by Roger Ailes to prevent a republican president from being impeached and removed from office. The profits are nice but ultimately secondary

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

On the other hand Yashir Ali Regularly carries water for bad people so I will wait for another counter source.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I think assuming Barr literally forced this is pretty dumb but I also think listening to Yashar about what to believe is dumb too

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1182764418263859200

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This, so hard. He's willingly played the role of guy they can point to and yell "We're not propaganda! We're legitimate news!"

The paychecks were probably huge. I hope it was worth his soul.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

This, so hard. He's willingly played the role of guy they can point to and yell "We're not propaganda! We're legitimate news!"
when did they do that

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1182765467439697920

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

when did they do that

Are you not familiar with how this works?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why aren't more reporters asking Trump about Turkey?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

sexpig by night posted:

I think assuming Barr literally forced this is pretty dumb but I also think listening to Yashar about what to believe is dumb too

I don’t think assuming the most obvious, worst and stupidest thing is really all that dumb when the Trump administration is involved

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

when did they do that

Shep has always been the one guy on that network whose only job was to say something moderately sane and make the rest seem more credible in the process.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

lol

(also jfc how do you not know one of the Dem primary candidates for prez, god lcd humans are such trash)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

when did they do that

typically when in court/other venues where their legitimacy is challenged they point to a small selection of 'real news' vs their 'opinion commentators' and Shep, Neil, and a small handful of others are always who get used to say Fox is still news even as Hannity is shouting conspiracy theories.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

nachos posted:

Fox News doesn't exist to make money, it exists to be a right wing propaganda vehicle.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Shep said on air he asked to resign, there is a chance that's true. If Chris Wallace suddenly leaves or becomes a full time toady then we'll know it was a decision from the top.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1182067043081818113?s=19

At this point it's more shocking when powerful men in media aren't sex pests.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/steffdaz/status/1182764383597780992

pg&e has now officially murdered another person, bringing its serial killer-esque tally to 86

https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status/1182765224857952256

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because he was very good at his job, that's why.

NB: I'm agreeing with you just in case that doesn't come across

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

This would be hugely loving illegal under the 1st amendment wouldn't it? A government official, acting in their official capacity, encouraging a news organization to fire someone for political reasons? Despite how partisan Fox is, this HAS to violate the 1st

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

typically when in court/other venues where their legitimacy is challenged they point to a small selection of 'real news' vs their 'opinion commentators' and Shep, Neil, and a small handful of others are always who get used to say Fox is still news even as Hannity is shouting conspiracy theories.

They own the courts now and its not like Fox's base is going to be disturbed that their isn't a "fair and balanced" voice in the network anymore. Shep has outlived his usefulness to them.

ewiley posted:

This would be hugely loving illegal under the 1st amendment wouldn't it? A government official, acting in their official capacity, encouraging a news organization to fire someone for political reasons? Despite how partisan Fox is, this HAS to violate the 1st

In a world where the constitution had force of law, maybe.