Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Told yez, anti racist is definitionally whatever she does, because she's an anti racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Goondolances to ThomasPaine on the untimely loss of his beloved :v:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Did she get forget which scandal was which? I'm not mourning the loss of such a smooth-brain but I'm confused myself.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Someone's already made this https://twitter.com/frances_weetman

But judging by its only tweet, I doubt it's her.
https://twitter.com/frances_weetman/status/1183130419396567041

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
She'll be on question time by the end of the Month doing her martyr bit.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Azza Bamboo posted:

I demand larger screenshots.

Phone does a good job of hiding the fact that you're working with 1080 tweet grabs

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
in Spiked as an example of the left turning against its own because of political correctness gone mad, impossibility of worker consciousness in these conditions, etc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/wrancesfeetman/status/1183117071175028741?s=19

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Angepain posted:

look I know we have very important news events to discuss these days, but I wanted to take a moment for a recent development which has shaken me to the core.

I just had a Chocolate Orange and the whole experience was distinctly underwhelming. Have they changed the recipe so that it no longer tastes of anything? Have I outgrown my childish love of chocolatey sweets? Has Miftan been embedding subliminal anti-Terryist messages into his forum posts? This is very disturbing. More research may be needed.

The Chocolate Orange is really just a gateway to the wonderful world of chocolate covered orange peels and even orange slices. You know what the next step is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good to see the TPUK account makers are already on this one :golfclap:

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

My dad and I keep a classic mini going.

On that note, NEW PROJECT BINKY VIDEO TODAY!

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I give tweetman 48hrs before she's back at it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AllisterHeath/status/1183124231699288064?s=19

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Yeetman finally nuking her own account is hilarious, but she better rereg before the election so I can see her melt down in real time

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angepain posted:

look I know we have very important news events to discuss these days, but I wanted to take a moment for a recent development which has shaken me to the core.

I just had a Chocolate Orange and the whole experience was distinctly underwhelming. Have they changed the recipe so that it no longer tastes of anything? Have I outgrown my childish love of chocolatey sweets? Has Miftan been embedding subliminal anti-Terryist messages into his forum posts? This is very disturbing. More research may be needed.

Haven't had one for ages but wouldn't be surprised if they have changed to soya. A couple of years ago I bought a 'tin' of Roses for Xmas - they were horrible (not that that stopped me eating them) and the chocolate was some cheat poo poo. I won't buy them again. (But if someone sticks them in front of me, I'll eat them anyway thinking 'yuck' the whole time).

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

:irony:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
For gently caress's sake, heading for USA politics in accelerated time. Looking forward to the other (poor) voter suppression schemes too.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Pochoclo posted:

The Chocolate Orange is really just a gateway to the wonderful world of chocolate covered orange peels and even orange slices. You know what the next step is.

https://twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/1183098796248653829

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CGI Stardust posted:

For gently caress's sake, heading for USA politics in accelerated time. Looking forward to the other voter suppression schemes too.

Check the article because it contains a bunch more before you hit the paywalled section

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They would still have to actually pass the thing.

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013

WhatEvil posted:

"efficiency teams"

Awesome name/post combination. If you can't see the countless ways this would immediately be used to undermine literally any increase in worker power, I just don't know what to tell you.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

:lol:

Shame it's just comparatively one tiny drop evaporating in a seething ocean of boiling piss and hot takes.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

:ironicat:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Pretty sure that before you do this you have to implement a mandatory national ID system like, uh I don't know, most of the loving world?

Like who the gently caress thought it would be a good idea to require ID when voting, in a country where there's no guarantee people will have any kind of ID? :psyduck:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The point of voter ID is to make it so people can't vote, which is explicitly why you don't implement ID cards.

There is zero indication that the UK has a problem with electoral fraud and the ballots aren't secret anyway so we already have a method to investigate it if it were suspected.

The only reason people want to bring it in is as a vote suppression measure, as is the case most places it's implemented.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Jose posted:

Check the article because it contains a bunch more before you hit the paywalled section
I read the comments, this was a mistake

quote:

Colin Sewell 12 Oct 2019 10:38PM
Could this requirement be coupled with an IQ level?

quote:

Caroline Wood 12 Oct 2019 10:14PM
Sorting out corruption is not politically correct in this country.

JP Edwards 12 Oct 2019 10:22PM
@Caroline Wood
Unless of course your old, white and male and being accused of historic paedophilia crimes. In which case the State will spare no expense, no stone will remain unturned, no character remain untarnished and any lie will be made credible.

Pochoclo posted:

Pretty sure that before you do this you have to implement a mandatory national ID system like, uh I don't know, most of the loving world?

Like who the gently caress thought it would be a good idea to require ID when voting, in a country where there's no guarantee people will have any kind of ID? :psyduck:
That's the point - it's the poorer people who won't have access

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pochoclo posted:

Disenfranchisement is part of the plan :ssh:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

No see she said "genuine" anti-racists

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pochoclo posted:

The United States, plus several countries in Africa where there may be de jure national ID but nope.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

xtothez posted:

The Manchester attacker has now been assessed and detained under the Mental Health Act. Have the police ever been know to treat terrorism offences as a mental health issue before?

They all got back from Joker and like it really made them think you know.

But no, I dont know specifics about particular cases but very strongly doubt it's the first time a possible terrorist had mental health involved in their detention. There isn't usually a neat either/or between mental illness and ideology when it comes to terrorist attacks, ideological groups often prey on mentally ill young men to do the actual attacks, stochastic terrorism is sane people propagating an ideology that an unrelated, often insane person then acts on. Attacks like Manchester Arena or Christchurch that seem to be clear-headed ideology are comparatively rare.

Also I don't think anythings come out to suggest it was a terrorist attack, might well have missed something though.

ThomasPaine posted:

Still, I worry that Corbyn stepping down following a poor electoral showing could prompt a successful coup and throw us unceremoniously back to 2015 hellworld.

The right can't coup anything without the membership being disempowered and that can't be done while the left have a candidate. The danger isn't a coup it's a lovely weak compromise leader that wants to 'bridge the divide within the party', for which read drop any left-wing position if the Daily Mail tells them to 3 days in a row. The problem is there legit isn't a deep bench of next-gen left people because that was the entire internal project of New Labour, deny positions to anyone that wasn't a useless lib.

After Corbyn, be it because he steps down or because he's assassinated, a huge factor is the 2015 austerity bill, Harman as acting leader told Labour to abstain and the 48 MPs that told her to get hosed and opposed it are the only legitimate options, list of them here https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/welfare-bill-who-are-the-48-rebel-labour-mps-who-voted-against-it-10403502.html

That bill is especially relevant not just because it was loving disgusting, but because it happened after Cameron got the surprise majority. With hindsight we now know it was because of the EU referendum manifesto promise, but at the time people didn't know how strong the depth of anti-EU feeling was, that's why the referendum result surprised everyone, at the time people thought the tories won because of poor-hating. So Harman and the other cunts acted from that utterly dumb and flawed assessment and officially didn't oppose one of the most morally disgusting bills that has passed through Parliament in recent history. The MPs that still voted against it probably have souls but also haven't bought in entirely to the game over establishment-logic hivemind, there's lots of them I don't like but anyone not on that list is 100% out of the running for decent people morally and political-nous practically.

I like Clive Lewis but he doesn't seem to want it. Khan has been positioning himself for labour leadership too early. Abbott has too bad a rep and is legit bad at interviews. Lammy is maybe in ten years, but he needs to get way better at communicating concepts like black diaspora or to stop talking about it, and he has the Iraq war around his neck. The hot gossip is Rebecca Long Bailey, she has a decent record but has hardly set the world on fire and she's not currently a strong campaigner, plus the Guardian has been pushing her as Corbyn heir for a few months now and that makes me very suspicious. If Clive Lewis actually steps up then he's my guy, if Bailey turns left then she'd be a strong choice, otherwise it's writing in McDonnell territory,

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

StarkingBarfish posted:

I give tweetman 48hrs before she's back at it.

She's so prolific, what is she going to spend her time doing now?

*the next day, in The Times letters column*

"Sir,
As the first high-profile antisemetism-related Labour resignation,

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Angepain posted:

Glad to hear your opinions about snacks are improving, Comrade. Welcome to the good-taste-havers club.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Angepain posted:

I just had a Chocolate Orange and the whole experience was distinctly underwhelming.
It needs to mature for another 2 months and 13 days mate.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

:perfect:

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

:five:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:pusheen:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:golfclap:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Yeetman finally nuking her own account is hilarious, but she better rereg before the election so I can see her melt down in real time

Same

:rip: goodbye my love :rip:

lmao