Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

This style of bungalow is quite unusual for Richmond; single-family homes built in the 1920s tended to be two-story Colonials and Foursquares. The ad states that they think it's a Sears kit house but I haven't seen any Sears houses from the 20s that really resemble it. It could be a kit from another manufacturer, but the garage makes me think it's a custom build. Hmmm....

The old streetcar suburbs in San Diego are packed with houses like this, only without basements. They really are pretty great, especially if you can get one that still has the original woodwork.

If they didn't all cost $600,000 I'd buy one myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Slugworth posted:

Honestly the best house posted in this thread in a long time. Makes me miss my brick bungalow.

in the future preview you’re quote before posting it to make sure it’s the right link tia

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

JEEVES420 posted:

Mine has specified bins for every week trash and then for bulk you just put it out on the curb same day at no additional charge. Don't even have to call ahead, they send a truck around looking for it on the curb.

I did call ahead when I had this out there just to make sure and they said they would schedule an off day pickup for $15 if need be...I left it all there for a week :v:

We have mandatory separated bins for different recycling and trash. The trash cops went through my Italian colleague's bins and fined him a load for not following the rules. Tbf he has also had over 20 speeding tickets in the last year so may not be adapting that well.

Also you have to buy expensive trash bags from the state which cover the cost of disposal. Seems like a good idea to me.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Slugworth posted:

Honestly the best house posted in this thread in a long time. Makes me miss my brick bungalow.

While some bits are a bit much for me, it's the only one in many pages that I like even a little bit.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

PRADA SLUT posted:

in the future preview you’re quote before posting it to make sure it’s the right link tia
My bad, let me photoshop an Eames chair into one of the images real quick.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Slugworth posted:

My bad, let me photoshop an Eames chair into one of the images real quick.

Fake Eames chair. A Cheames.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I've got some plywood, old black leather speaker covers, foam insulation and caster wheels laying around. I basically have prada sluts favorite chair I just need to assemble it

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
tbh this is my fav chair: https://finnjuhl.com/collection/pelican-chair

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

The Eames has been.. unseated?!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:spooky: Halloween Post :spooky: - Interior of a Vampire

Anne Rice's former home , a 140 year old New Orleans mansion is on the market, and it's been beautifully restored!

What a nice restoration, appropriate to the period of the house and maintaining lovely original features like the fireplaces and detailed moldings.

And there's the mcmansion garbage

The space says "where we bathe our mistress in the blood of virgins" but the fixtures say "kitchen and bath design showroom"

This room is an atrocity.

This patio is just sad.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

there wolf posted:

Anne Rice's former home , a 140 year old New Orleans mansion is on the market, and it's been beautifully restored!

What a nice restoration, appropriate to the period of the house and maintaining lovely original features like the fireplaces and detailed moldings.

And there's the mcmansion garbage

The space says "where we bathe our mistress in the blood of virgins" but the fixtures say "kitchen and bath design showroom"

This room is an atrocity.

This patio is just sad.

No fitness & exorcise room? Bah!

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Where do I find more of whatever this is

Trick question, it's obviously Berkeley in 1980-Present

I feel like I love colorful crowded poo poo but I am a color coward who ends up with earthtone/blue/white "swedish" minimalism (but with hoarder numbers of plants)

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Mocking Bird posted:

[snip]

Trick question, it's obviously Berkeley in 1980-Present

I feel like I love colorful crowded poo poo but I am a color coward who ends up with earthtone/blue/white "swedish" minimalism (but with hoarder numbers of plants)

https://www.redfin.com/TN/Nashville/203-Noonan-Ct-37206/home/60867352

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

there wolf posted:

Wow! At least four vampires can gently caress on that island, and there's a handy sink for washing up within mere inches? Sold!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mocking Bird posted:

The r/malelivingspaces look. Sounds like you'll find what you want in a paint store. Slap some color on the walls, and start looking at resale venues for whatever furniture strikes your fancy. Don't worry about matching or any kind of planned look. As you introduce what you like, you'll start to narrow down what you're looking for by style and function.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lets go to the curtainless room where we sit on the thin-cushioned couch and stare at the Schlitz sign

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

there wolf posted:

The r/malelivingspaces look. Sounds like you'll find what you want in a paint store. Slap some color on the walls, and start looking at resale venues for whatever furniture strikes your fancy. Don't worry about matching or any kind of planned look. As you introduce what you like, you'll start to narrow down what you're looking for by style and function.

I'm not quite that austere/styleless but I'm definitely not going as bold as I want to

This is my house as of five minutes ago -

The pig was an adoption day gift to my daughter so it gets a place of honor on the mantle

Most of this stuff is secondhand midmod or secondhand ikea/west elm

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

there wolf posted:

The r/malelivingspaces look.

✅ fake eames
✅ fake saarinen
✅ fake knoll
✅ more fake hm in the other rooms

checks out

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Mocking Bird posted:

im the camo dog staring angrily at the photographer

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

PRADA SLUT posted:

✅ fake eames
✅ fake saarinen
✅ fake knoll
✅ more fake hm in the other rooms

checks out

Where do I buy all this fake poo poo?? Or is it still out of my price range??

Lol but really I'm more into the color combos/integrating mid century stuff so it doesn't look dated. I'm not a super big eames fan or anything, I am more into comfortable chairs.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

im the camo dog staring angrily at the photographer

That's DePiglio!

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pz871npZMU1qjnegm_480.mp4

[I have no idea if this link will work.]

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mocking Bird posted:

I'm not quite that austere/styleless but I'm definitely not going as bold as I want to

This is my house as of five minutes ago -

The pig was an adoption day gift to my daughter so it gets a place of honor on the mantle

Most of this stuff is secondhand midmod or secondhand ikea/west elm

It looks pretty good! Just paint the walls a color and get some soft furnishings and more art to fill the space. A lot of the cozy-clutter look is about packing the walls so the room feels closer without actually putting in more furniture to obstruct movement. Maybe start looking around for stuff to replace the obvious flatpack pieces IF you want to.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
a bold move: getting rid of the two things in front of the couch because they take up 85% of the floor real estate

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

PRADA SLUT posted:

a bold move: getting rid of the two things in front of the couch because they take up 85% of the floor real estate

Definitely this, looks like you have to commando roll over them to get to the far side of the sofa.

Other than that just go get a pot of like, duckegg blue or copper paint and get a wall done.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Would it blow your mind to know that the round coffee table is a replacement for an even bigger surfboard style coffee table? :downs:

In reality it's not quite as crowded as it looks from that angle, you can walk around all sides of the table. Still not ideal. My family are also all obsessed with putting their feet on things and will kick each other to death if someone's feet enter their personal space lol.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Slugworth posted:

Imagine how much nicer it looked before all that trim was painted over.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Agreed, square dancing in the living room is far more important than having a stupid old coffee table and ottoman ugh.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I Have No Room But I Must Eames

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I kept thinking "why does this remind me of home despite me not having any nice things" (and also "wow that's an ugly carpet" but that's beside the point) and just now I realized.

RED WALLS

(No I won't clean my VDU, I bought it from a bar basement for 50€ and that's as clean as I can get it.)

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Th carpeted bathrooms. The horror.

https://www.messynessychic.com/2019/10/11/when-sex-kitsch-collide-a-brief-compendium-of-retro-tubs/

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I can smell this image, and it smells like my grandma's old house:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Sirotan posted:

I can smell this image, and it smells like my grandma's old house:

This bathroom was originally all white

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

SpartanIvy posted:

This bathroom was originally all white

Nah I think it's always been pretty terrible

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Jaded Burnout posted:

Nah I think it's always been pretty terrible

:frogout:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What is even going on here?

A tiny sitting tub, under a shower head with no curtain, in a room with carpet. How is this comfortable or desireable for anyone, even in the 70s?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
It reminds me of a smaller version of the Japanese soaker tubs. I'm sure they have a specific name but they were common in all of the Japanese apartment AirBNBs I have stayed in.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ofuro - and even then that thing is the 1/3rd the size of one, if I'm being generous.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sirotan posted:

Ofuro - and even then that thing is the 1/3rd the size of one, if I'm being generous.

Google lead me to this amazing picture

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Google lead me to this amazing picture

But, she’s sitting on a bath tub that’s a permanent fixture? I don’t get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Platystemon posted:

But, she’s sitting on a bath tub that’s a permanent fixture? I don’t get it.

A lot of bathtubs are not deep enough to immerse your whole body as an adult. Those japanese models let you soak everything below your chin at once.