Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

These people really are fuckin' morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I have a tiny bit more sympathy for these guys cause they probably don't understand that all brown people are excluded from republican rhetoric but lmao I'm sure they had plenty of people warning them

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

lmfao, viejo pendejo

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
escaping from religious persecution to a country that you think does religious persecution on the right people

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

escaping from religious persecution to a country that you think does religious persecution on the right people

Really, there’s nothing more Americans than that.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"I'm sure when white people talk about cracking down on and banning and deporting all muslims, they'll make a careful distinction and exception for minority sub groups like us." - something those dumb fuckers actually believed.

How can you live as an ethnic minority in the US for more than five minutes without understanding that to white people "muslim" means "anyone vaguely middle eastern looking or sounding"?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

"I'm sure when white people talk about cracking down on and banning and deporting all muslims, they'll make a careful distinction and exception for minority sub groups like us." - something those dumb fuckers actually believed.

How can you live as an ethnic minority in the US for more than five minutes without understanding that to white people "muslim" means "anyone vaguely middle eastern looking or sounding"?

you would be surprised lmfao

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Agean90 posted:

I have a tiny bit more sympathy for these guys cause they probably don't understand that all brown people are excluded from republican rhetoric but lmao I'm sure they had plenty of people warning them

I, actually, have no sympathy for people that advocate for genocide.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol that owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Agean90 posted:

one of the people in that article is like "im not really political im a moderate but i voted for trump because of abortion"

like they picked their one issue and they're sticking with it even as he looked into tv cameras and said he would deport them

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

FMguru posted:

lovely Christian Middle Easterners will be in complete denial of this from square one, and will consider themselves white people if asked.
The non lovely ones will quickly see what's going on and what it means.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.foxnews.com/world/syrian-kurd-renames-son-trump-plans-nikki-haley-for-girl

quote:

Ramadan said he thought of renaming the boy, originally named Mustafa, back in 2016, after Donald Trump won the presidential election. Part of Ramadan's reasoning was easy to understand, he said: He thought the fair-headed, cheeky-smiling boy bore a strong resemblance to pictures of a very young Trump.

“The day Mr. Trump won the elections, I went to the pharmacy and people there had found a photo of him from when he was a little boy, and kept saying how similar his looks were to my son,” Ramadan recalled. “So I went home and discussed with wife about renaming, and she was fully supportive.”

The boy has become a celebrity of sorts in the village of Kobane, in the nation's north, his dad said. "Everyone knows him now. I am teaching him about America. He is already so smart, and wants to lead his brother and sister.”

I mean it's not great because these guys are probably going to be beheaded by Turkish backed Al Qaeda/IS but

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Throatwarbler posted:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/syrian-kurd-renames-son-trump-plans-nikki-haley-for-girl

I mean it's not great because these guys are probably going to be beheaded by Turkish backed Al Qaeda/IS but

People way the gently caress away who don't have much in the way of media talking about what goes on in America, and just know the person as "leader of country helping us right now" aren't funny to laugh at and don't fit the thread at all.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure everyone on Earth knows Donald Trump is a braying jackass at this point

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

FMguru posted:

maaaaaaaaaybe people of east/southeast asian descent that have fair enough skin are "safe" but pretty much every other ethnic group not from europe is boned

they really think "Christian" is the descriptor that's going to save them, but in reality it's a binary pass/fail on "do you have white skin". if you can't say yes to that, this administration will create an excuse to lump you in with every other person they're trying to deport

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Zeno-25 posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone on Earth knows Donald Trump is a braying jackass at this point

Don't underestimate how obscured so much of what we think is front and center gets outside of areas where English is commonly spoken. Let alone backwater warzones.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Freaking Crumbum posted:

maaaaaaaaaybe people of east/southeast asian descent that have fair enough skin are "safe" but pretty much every other ethnic group not from europe is boned

they really think "Christian" is the descriptor that's going to save them, but in reality it's a binary pass/fail on "do you have white skin". if you can't say yes to that, this administration will create an excuse to lump you in with every other person they're trying to deport

I am generally less discriminated against when I am in the US than others, but it's also just a fact of life that you just smile when people tell ethnic jokes about your region and constantly ask where you're from. This happens in Canada too sometimes.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I would still say it makes a difference, the religious thing, but it doesn't get them to the white zone unless they're particularly pale.
The more interesting phenomenon is people who ARE pale enough to pass as white in much of the US, but are Muslim. Seeing how perception can change based on that alone when people find out.
Or with women who choose to wear headscarves and that sort of thing.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Grape posted:

I would still say it makes a difference, the religious thing, but it doesn't get them to the white zone unless they're particularly pale.
The more interesting phenomenon is people who ARE pale enough to pass as white in much of the US, but are Muslim. Seeing how perception can change based on that alone when people find out.
Or with women who choose to wear headscarves and that sort of thing.

I’d imagine “Chaldean” pings the same response in white Americans that “Catholic” did 100+ years ago. I used to live in an area with an Arab refugee community, and the white people there used “Chaldean” as a race designation. They probably didn’t even know it referred to a branch of the Catholic Church and thought it was like calling someone a Turk.

I feel like it would have been much worse if the white people figured out that they were Iraqis, though.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Freaking Crumbum posted:

Republicans' treatment of the very very Catholic Mexican immigrants should have been a clue that Christianity isn't a ticket into the whites-only club but, welp

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Their mistake was thinking being white christians made them White Christians

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

vyelkin posted:

one of the people in that article is like "im not really political im a moderate but i voted for trump because of abortion"

like they picked their one issue and they're sticking with it even as he looked into tv cameras and said he would deport them
because they do authentically believe that abortion is literally child murder and that this country is murdering tens of millions of children legally

the people who push the abortion rhetoric in government and in the media don't believe that, for them it's just a tool for them to oppress women, but the people who follow them often really do believe it

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
How many abortions you think trump has forced women to get. More than 10?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jamal posted:

How many abortions you think trump has forced women to get. More than 10?

its okay he's apologized for it he is saved now

*Trump has never and will never atone and in fact forces prominent Evangelical figures to take pictures with him in front of his wall of playboy covers with ex-wives and models he's cheated on them with*

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

fits my needs posted:

you would be surprised lmfao

I grew up around a lot of fundamentalist Armenian Christians and they’re the worst when it comes to other religious minorities.

if you’re not inclined to be self reflective it seems the default reaction to religious persecution is to try and pay it back

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
So Iraqi Christians = Arab Gusanos, yes?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

FMguru posted:

Because they hate muslims too, so therefore it can't be about me

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pththya-lyi has issued a correction as of 00:41 on Oct 14, 2019

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

So Iraqi Christians = Arab Gusanos, yes?

Also like the republican cubans

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

etalian posted:

the republican cubans

that's what a gusano is btw

it directly translates to worm but it means people like the cubans who fled after having their plantations seized and their slaves freed

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shipon posted:

because they do authentically believe that abortion is literally child murder

nah

Nobody over like 17 years old believes that dumb poo poo, it's just an excuse for being assholes to women

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’d say that if they really believed that millions of children were being murdered every year, more of them would engage in violence and deny the legitimacy of the us government, but there was an abolition movement in the us for like 100+ years and only John Brown ever took the fight to the slavers.

I guess it’s more that genuine moral commitments, whether good or impossibly wrong and stupid, can’t compete with material comfort and the extreme atomization of life in America.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's even more straightforward than that.

If abortion is murder then the birth control pills is a magical medicine that, incredibly, prevents millions and millions of murders every year. If your goal is to stop murder then you would want to give every woman a lifetime supply.

Is that what they want. Lol, no.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

It's even more straightforward than that.

If abortion is murder then the birth control pills is a magical medicine that, incredibly, prevents millions and millions of murders every year. If your goal is to stop murder then you would want to give every woman a lifetime supply.

Is that what they want. Lol, no.

it's simple, birth control pills and various other ways of stopping babymaking enable premarital sex and that's a no no as well
now you might think to yourself "well maybe murder is more important than loving without a permit" but that's like making you choose between leftist economics and racism, the answer is always "why not do both"

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
It's what abortion has always been about, controlling women's bodies and sex lives. Only men can be allowed to enjoy or have sex outside of making babies, the women are sluts and guys are, gosh, just being guys.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blister posted:

It's what abortion has always been about, controlling women's bodies and sex lives. Only men can be allowed to enjoy or have sex outside of making babies, the women are sluts and guys are, gosh, just being guys.

yeah and also it turns out always doesnt go that far back anyway lmao

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/02/18/the-biblical-view-thats-younger-than-the-happy-meal/

i mean the abortion bit. obv everything has always been about controlling women

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Blister posted:

it probably was but look at it realistically, if in your world view there are (among others) two huge laws - "life is sacred" and "life begins at conception", then the logical endpoint is "abortion is murder"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
funnily this worldview wasn't around until the 70s (unless you were catholic)