Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Are on-demand replays pretty much always available on IWTV, or if I’m unable to ever watch something live is it not a good value for someone like me? I’m mainly interested in Beyond Uncharted.

iwtv has a big vod section of multiple promotions, you should be fine with it. it might not be up like right away for some shows, but its still pretty reliable

related to the beyond show, there's a gcw show that happened to night that sounds very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

It's gonna be the Dark Order because Canada.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They didn't send the UK guys to save the UK show that WWE pulled talent out of

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

is highspots or iwtv the better deal, please answer now

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

yea ok posted:

highspots has good shoot interviews and a bunch of old pwg, but iwtv has good live wrestling pretty regularly

if you haven't seen every episode of best friends then get highspots and watch them, otherwise get iwtv

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

yea ok posted:

IWTV gets you Beyond's Uncharted Territory every Thursday, which is worth the money itself.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

GCW No Sleep was very, very, very good. Great start-to-finish where there was only one match I wasn't super interested in, which was SHLAK vs. Deppen, but not Deppen's fault of course. I haven't been super high on Ophidian's appearances in GCW, but this match vs. Jake Atlas was easily his best and wow Jake Atlas is really loving good, holy poo poo he is really drat good, I cannot stress enough how good that man is. The scramble match that opened the show was probably their best overall scramble match that I've seen lately.

Also Janela was on commentary and just got increasingly drunker through the show, so that was fun.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

yea ok posted:

IWTV. Live wrestling always wins.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

They didn't send the UK guys to save the UK show that WWE pulled talent out of

Yes, but they also advertised Cody and MJF ahead of time. 'Mystery AEW Team' says to me 'Dark Order but we don't want people to whine that those guys work for us all the time anyway'.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, but they also advertised Cody and MJF ahead of time. 'Mystery AEW Team' says to me 'Dark Order but we don't want people to whine that those guys work for us all the time anyway'.

They announced it's a team that never worked for them. Given Dark Order got their start there...yeah...they're kinda out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you want archival content and shoots, get Highspots. If you want live indie wrestling, get IWTV

IWTV has good archival content for Chikara, Beyond, IWA-MS, CZW.

E: and if you have the money, both are well worth their cost

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
With IWTV do you have to watch the events live or are they available after the fact?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Slothass posted:

With IWTV do you have to watch the events live or are they available after the fact?

Shows are archived to watch back later. I don't know exactly how quickly they go up but for example the Beyond show from Saturday is available to watch now. They have Beyond shows dating back to Americanrana 2015 for example.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Slothass posted:

They have archives, it's more that in terms of archival content there's more known quality out of Highspots' PWG collection, whereas IWTV has new events and Beyond Uncharted Territory every week that's great to experience live with threads

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Slothass posted:

it's both live and VOD after the event

Beyond may be a bit slow since they like to have Tanya edit it

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Huntman posted:

GCW No Sleep was very, very, very good. Great start-to-finish where there was only one match I wasn't super interested in, which was SHLAK vs. Deppen, but not Deppen's fault of course. I haven't been super high on Ophidian's appearances in GCW, but this match vs. Jake Atlas was easily his best and wow Jake Atlas is really loving good, holy poo poo he is really drat good, I cannot stress enough how good that man is. The scramble match that opened the show was probably their best overall scramble match that I've seen lately.

Also Janela was on commentary and just got increasingly drunker through the show, so that was fun.

Shlak trying to go move for move with Deppen and landing on his fuckin head doing a lucha spot was pretty funny

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

beyond usually has the broadcast cut of shows same day and then tanya's edit a while later, but almost everything iwtv streams has vod real quick

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

$5 Wrestling on Highspots is all you need

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MarkusCrane/status/1183851956286185473

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

finally, a fuckfest for the whole family

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Live BDSM performances? I wonder how weirdly soft core this GCW show will manage to make them.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I like to see GCW do well but I'm not entirely sure who the target audience is for this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cory Lidle posted:

I like to see GCW do well but I'm not entirely sure who the target audience is for this.

People with a fuckton of tattoos and piercings in interesting places

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Cory Lidle posted:

I think that's kinda the point. These shows themed on a particular wrestler are just one offs to give creativity and something different.

Audiences like different.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when does leslie butterscotch get his huge breakout moment on the indies?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BDSM and pro wrestling are pretty much the same thing anyway.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

BDSM and pro wrestling are pretty much the same thing anyway.

Nice things to enjoy in the privacy of your own home that you probably don't want strangers to know you like?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i'm into worked bdsm where the top pulls all their strikes and i sell real big

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
book nick lovin’s night of big lovin

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have no idea what that show is going to be but I do know that I will be watching it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1184824202018410496?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/collective2020/status/1184976784716107781?s=19

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yessssss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare: get the gently caress in

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Collective is going to be loving incredible

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this has nothing to do with anything i just felt like reposting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etotg3S3BeI

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Cross-posting from the Impact thread - this is streaming on Twitch today (7 PM ET / 4 PM PT):

J-Ro posted:

I'm not gonna complain about this weird indy showcase card given away for free (unless it's shot by Matthews on his cellphone).

And there's Kylie:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1181366094268747776

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Oh my loving God that's awesome

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Jacob Fatu against Amazing Red seems like it will be a great match. Glad Red came out of retirement to wrestle in the PNW regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

J-Ro posted:

Cross-posting from the Impact thread - this is streaming on Twitch today (7 PM ET / 4 PM PT):

That indy showcase looks dope, but i dont expect Shotzi on that show tonight