Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tsar Mikey posted:

My dream alien race is one that has the most complex doors in the universe but also has spaceships that use a stick as an ignition key. Is Star Citizen the game for me?

pledge now, commando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
For anyone like myself who cannot be arsed with spending hundreds of dollars and an untold amount of hours getting the exe to run just to see what new 3D jpegs they added; FTR's video does a really good job detailing exactly how poorly they've executed the one thing they're good at. Beginning around 14:45 of the video.

But before all that it was really funny to hear in detail about how piss poor the Star Citizen "economy" is dealing with more than one player needing supplies for on-foot mining. Well done Tony Z.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

quote:

36:22 This new plague of star citizen is the insane occurrence of AI interdictions. As of patch 3.7 interdictions have gone from a tedious annoyance to absolute cancer I'm not talking about normal everyday star citizen poor design cancer, no I'm talking about like going to Chernobyl and rolling around in a pile of graphite debris cancer. Interdictions are so out of control that only the most steadfast of chris roberts nob polishers are left defending the state of 3.7 while interdictions are openly moaned about on spectrum

:master:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
my guess is SC starts selling a ship that cant be space-pulled-over.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Female detected!!!! Be nice and polite while explaining they don't understand software development.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Haha looks like she noped out of that conversation after someone pointed out it's still in development after 7 years

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/JuliaHiltscher/status/1183356211388977157
https://twitter.com/JuliaHiltscher/status/1183361716232642560

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Too many cores must be locked up. It's re-quoting screenshots of twitter that were already posted in the thread.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
In other news, Postal is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwJvfAtmdzw

Postal 4 description posted:

POSTAL 4: No Regerts is a satirical and outrageous comedic open world first person shooter and the long-awaited true sequel to what’s been fondly dubbed as “The Worst Game Ever™”, POSTAL 2! (No third game is known to exist)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:five: Ready to recommend FTR for full warlord status

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Another venue Roberts already has exploited. Postal service.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Doesn't look too bad for a game from 2003! Can't wait to see footage from the new game.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bone loss from low gravity is in. Check mate, goons!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Bofast posted:

Bone loss from low gravity is in. Check mate, goons!

Don'y worry, Chris just played GTA:SA and has some great ideas about gameplay loops to address this.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Tsar Mikey posted:

My dream alien race is [...]
Is Star Citizen the game for me?

You could have followed that sentence with anything and Star Citizen would still be the game for you.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Don'y worry, Chris just played GTA:SA and has some great ideas about gameplay loops to address this.

I'm pretty sure Croberts thinks that "gameplay loops" are a kind of breakfast cereal...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/xXxCOBRA/status/1183315984259653632

marumaru
May 20, 2013

when even nms works/plays better than your game you should reconsider

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Honestly, the poo poo that will get you a PhD these days.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

Honestly, the poo poo that will get you a PhD these days.

What follows is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/JuliaHiltscher/status/1183406973540356096

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Because despite both being set in space, it doesn't automatically follow that a person who likes one will like another. It also doesn't follow that not everyone will get hyped to test out a game in alpha when they can be playing something that has been released.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Sabreseven posted:

To answer your question, it's basically Hell in vinyl form, an sample thusly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

I think it's a Schlager.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxfGA2iUAmw

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

To answer your question, it's basically Hell in vinyl form, an sample thusly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

quote:

This bridged the gap between New Wave and Acid House. Russ was a visionary.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Why the whole UI is always shaking like it follows your head ? That's a horrible design.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
is the game out yet?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

serious norman posted:

is the game out yet?

No but it's already better than every released game but it' still alpha so it's not fair to compare it to other released games.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

That Mirificus post about vitals monitoring reminded me that there was a Citizen who was excited about the idea of being able to experience sitting in an MRI in Star Citizen. How loving empty are these dudes' lives that they get excited by the idea of "if I get broken bones and other injuries in-game I have to spend a month getting scans and X-rays and recovering while staring at the very realistic EKG showing my heartbeat".

It's like a level beyond Second Life In SpaceTM, all they want to do is have a game that's as boring and mundane as possible, even when the game is ostensibly supposed to be about space exploration, alien races, faster-than-light travel and all that jazz. I honestly don't get it.

(Side note: I've had an MRI. You can get the same "experience" of an MRI by laying down in a small, cramped space and staring at your ceiling for an hour. An MRI is either uncomfortably claustrophobic or just really, really boring if you don't get claustrophobic. I fall into the second category, and neither is in any way an interesting experience.)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Zzr posted:

Why the whole UI is always shaking like it follows your head ? That's a horrible design.

because REALISM

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I wish chris could give us a game that re creates real life !

Wait

Throwing money at stupid poo poo

Getting nothing in return

Having people mock you

Having to spend all your waking hours committed to the dream

By god chris is a genius !!

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saladin Rising posted:

That Mirificus post about vitals monitoring reminded me that there was a Citizen who was excited about the idea of being able to experience sitting in an MRI in Star Citizen. How loving empty are these dudes' lives that they get excited by the idea of "if I get broken bones and other injuries in-game I have to spend a month getting scans and X-rays and recovering while staring at the very realistic EKG showing my heartbeat".

It's like a level beyond Second Life In SpaceTM, all they want to do is have a game that's as boring and mundane as possible, even when the game is ostensibly supposed to be about space exploration, alien races, faster-than-light travel and all that jazz. I honestly don't get it.

(Side note: I've had an MRI. You can get the same "experience" of an MRI by laying down in a small, cramped space and staring at your ceiling for an hour. An MRI is either uncomfortably claustrophobic or just really, really boring if you don't get claustrophobic. I fall into the second category, and neither is in any way an interesting experience.)

I am getting MRI next month. Now looking forward to it, since I guess it'll be the closest I'll get to playing Star Citizen (again), thanks!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

:wtc:

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Holy god. WTF is this?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Complex damage modeling is cool, but why would you want it in a loving spaceship game? Some kind of survival game, hell yeah, I want incredibly detailed modeling of my character's health and the way their various ailments affect them, but a game where your character is just a pilot and/or a shootmans?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Yes, a completely accurate ECG output is something I would prioritize for a space combat game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Considering how easy it is to suffer a heart attack by doing a couple squats in this game I'd say their EKG readings are actually probably quite accurate since apparently everyone in SC universe has terrible heart conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

RDR2 was not complete upon launch? The gently caress is this guy smoking?

Or is he classing the lack of multiplayer at launch as a missing 'feature'? It's not really supposed to be a purely multiplayer game, dunno if he missed the absolutely awesome single player part, that the game is basically built upon, and is the actual main feature.

Gotta feeling he's grasping at straws there.