Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/aliyahsangel/status/1183746232105291778

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

According to NL, the new control changes are extensive and confusing and not good.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

According to NL, the new control changes are extensive and confusing and not good.

I mean this has been true since...what...SvR '07? They just kept adding moves and ways to do moves without thinking that maybe we don't need 20 front grapples to the point you start having to refer to your move list like it's WWF War Zone/Attitude again. WWE 2K19 has like 8 different finisher slots depending on where you are in the ring it's crazy.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah, but now its worse. They are making GBS threads all over it at the moment.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean this has been true since...what...SvR '07? They just kept adding moves and ways to do moves without thinking that maybe we don't need 20 front grapples to the point you start having to refer to your move list like it's WWF War Zone/Attitude again. WWE 2K19 has like 8 different finisher slots depending on where you are in the ring it's crazy.

This is the first year in a long time though that they’ve changed things like what each button does. Reversals are a face button now which seems very awkward.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

This is the first year in a long time though that they’ve changed things like what each button does. Reversals are a face button now which seems very awkward.

loving what. Why. Why any of that. L2/R2 as a reversal system was fine and has been fine for 20+ years why the gently caress :tizzy:

There is no way anybody asked for that specific change.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

This matches the exact quality of the writing you'd see on Raw, what's the problem?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Angry_Ed posted:

loving what. Why. Why any of that. L2/R2 as a reversal system was fine and has been fine for 20+ years why the gently caress :tizzy:

There is no way anybody asked for that specific change.

Any real change to the AI or the flow of matches would have probably been very hard. Changing the button mapping is very easy!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

Or, they bring it back and Tout it as a "new" feature.

Hey, I went ahead and fixed that for you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Okay I’m preordering now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, I haven't played a WWE game in like a decade. They just have in a story mode where teenage wrestling fans are embarrassed and bullied as losers? Just... because? That's so confusing to me.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MarcusBakerX1/status/1183790643010789382?s=20

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Wow poo poo NL are saying they were told no new wrestlers in the DLC, only the goofy rear end originals alts.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

remusclaw posted:

Wow poo poo NL are saying they were told no new wrestlers in the DLC, only the goofy rear end originals alts.

money saver at least

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

remusclaw posted:

lmao could people already pre-order the season pass?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

lmao could people already pre-order the season pass?

Not sure if there is a season pass this year

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

2K19: Indie wrestlers are stupid!
2k20: Wrestling fans are stupid!
2k21: Individual pro-WWE tweets are put in the game and harassing phone calls made to the creators

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Davros1 posted:

Not sure if there is a season pass this year

It looks like there’s a $30 “backstage pass” (on top of the $15 monster guys DLC or whatever)

But it sounds like those backstage pass items might just be additional monster guys/arenas in which case it will be +$45 for a bunch of skins

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
next world champ

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Reminds me of my stupid booking idea where a Tag Team sells their gimmick rights to the highest seller. The rights are bought by Nabisco and they repackage the team into "The Classic Combination"

"Ice Cold Milk" and "An Oreo Cookie". Complete with the wrestlers wearing really stupid mascot outfits that make it impossible to wrestle properly.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

KungFu Grip posted:

next world champ

Which wrestler is this a ribbie of?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

Which wrestler is this a ribbie of?

Meat?

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/comments/dhsve5/honestly_what_in_the_hell_was_that_pulseyt/

So you can reach under the ring and zap people with the Necronomicon now

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I didn't know the Necronomicon came in large print format.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

projecthalaxy posted:

2K19: Indie wrestlers are stupid!
2k20: Wrestling fans are stupid!
2k21: Individual pro-WWE tweets are put in the game and harassing phone calls made to the creators

much like the latest nba 2k game forces your player to attend a beats party, the next wwe game forces you to tweet saudi propaganda

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh man this killed me at work. It was like she looked into the arc of the covenant.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I mean poo poo this stuff would be a blast if the game were at all fun to play.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

For once the game will not be outdated right away. Wrestlemania 2029 will have LED ring barricades and take place in an arena slightly bigger than Full Sail.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This honestly rules

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

I mean poo poo this stuff would be a blast if the game were at all fun to play.

Yeah that's what frustrates me. The Necronomicon thing is funny and cool and making use of the medium.

It's a pity the rest of the game will suck.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Can't wait to melt the flesh of that bully in the final fight of the career mode

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Anyway play SLAMMED!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Unbelievable.
https://twitter.com/aaronrift/status/1183823161432924161

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

We've finally found Hoke Hogan

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

if everything i hear about the story mode is true it sounds like a fanfiction overseen by stephanie mcmahon

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

STRIKERS

https://twitter.com/MasonSteelWWE/status/1183847002271928321?s=20

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I know you’re posting this to make fun of Shane McMahon being in the photo but also it looks insane how they’re standing exactly the same. Like it would look 10x less terrible if they even slightly varied their poses

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I do love the people grasping to "This isn't the final build!"

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

How does this look worse than a PS2 game? How do you gently caress up this bad year after year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Wrestling games need to be on a fighting game schedule not a sports game schedule. When these games were good they were coming out every few years, not annually.

But too many dullards buy it every year so they’d lose too much money by taking a few years off to make something actually good

Apparently I’m wrong about this because Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes the Pain came out a year apart so they really have no excuse

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 14, 2019