Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

LLCoolJD posted:

To me this looks like the logo of some South American energy company.

I mean, Colorado is a Spanish word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: wrong thread

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 14, 2019

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The Texas offense, despite having some pretty big receivers, nearly refuses to throw passes between 0 and 20 yards past the line of scrimmage. Also, our secondary has no idea how to tackle.

Oklahoma is going to be destroyed in the playoffs.
lol hook 'em

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

I mean, Colorado is a Spanish word

You wouldn't guess it from the way the "native" Coloradans pronounce it. They take any Spanish derivative and just absolutely butcher it.

for gently caress's sake they pronounce Buena Vista as "Byoona Vista."

anyway thanks for attending my TED talk, how bout them Tigers?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

washington being ranked and wake/iowa state not being ranked is a travesty also who the h-e-double gently caress is still voting for a&m

This is so Oregon (if they win) will have a ranked win to try to make their flimsy playoff argument less flimsy.

And so people might tune into a ranked vs ranked Pac-12 game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Maxwells Demon posted:

This is so Oregon (if they win) will have a ranked win to try to make their flimsy playoff argument less flimsy.

Be nice if you guys would stop putting the exciting games on that network no one can see.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Maxwells Demon posted:

Yall are gonna loving murder us this week :lol:

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I forgot what it was like to do fun things in football again. With will muschamp as coach no less.

I'm sure we definitely won't come out flat and get destroyed by Florida this week. Nope. Not a chance.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Jeremor posted:

I forgot what it was like to do fun things in football again. With will muschamp as coach no less.

I'm sure we definitely won't come out flat and get destroyed by Florida this week. Nope. Not a chance.

please beat florida then lose to us tia

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Oh hey SDSU got some votes in the AP Poll.

Neat.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scarf posted:

That's bad, and I come from a land where Versailles is ver-sails. At least you can see how they got there, but there's no excuse because everyone knows how to say bueno.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Scarf posted:

You wouldn't guess it from the way the "native" Coloradans pronounce it. They take any Spanish derivative and just absolutely butcher it.

anyway thanks for attending my TED talk, how bout them Tigers?

Haven’t heard that since I’ve lived out here. I’ll have to keep an ear out next time I’m out there to bike. Limon gets to me though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

Washington, Iowa, and Texas being ranked while Tulane isn't is pure garbage. Guess Tulane should have won more games in the 1960s or something.

noted traditional power Iowa

LLCoolJD posted:

Agreed. Penn State's Iowa win looked more convincing to me, and it happened on the road and at night. Maybe they think that Penn State will have a hangover from it.

They were basically the exact same game

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Declan MacManus posted:

washington being ranked and wake/iowa state not being ranked is a travesty also who the h-e-double gently caress is still voting for a&m

I'd rather ISU not be ranked. We have a history of falling on our face when ranked. Although if they beat Texas Tech this week, they should move into the rankings.

Not that these carry a lot of weight, but ESPN has ISU favored in every game except for OU. Even OU they're giving ISU a roughly 20% chance to win it. I absolutely know for certain that ISU will somehow tie Baylor for 2nd place in the Big 12 and miss out on the championship game.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'd rather ISU not be ranked. We have a history of falling on our face when ranked. Although if they beat Texas Tech this week, they should move into the rankings.

Not that these carry a lot of weight, but ESPN has ISU favored in every game except for OU. Even OU they're giving ISU a roughly 20% chance to win it. I absolutely know for certain that ISU will somehow tie Baylor for 2nd place in the Big 12 and miss out on the championship game.

Baylor/Texas/ISU three-way tie for second is a fun scenario. Is the convoluted point margin thing still the tiebreaker?

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

mactheknife posted:

oh, so we're doing the "this might be LSU's year!" thing again for a few weeks before we get dragged by alabama again, huh?

Someday we'll win a Bama game just by pure law of large numbers, but personally I'm not getting my hopes up.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/1183780552945520640

I want to see this

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Captain von Trapp posted:

Someday we'll win a Bama game just by pure law of large numbers, but personally I'm not getting my hopes up.

i've seen this movie before, and it ends with my holding a cigarette that's burned down to the filter while i stare at nothing and contemplate life's total lack of purpose

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

They’ll win out

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

If he actually tried this it would be incredible

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Be nice if you guys would stop putting the exciting games on that network no one can see.

Oregon/Washington is on ABC so if you don't have that I don't know what to say.

r/CFBstreams has moved to sportsurge.net if you are a cable cutter/stream pirate.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Maxwells Demon posted:

Oregon/Washington is on ABC so if you don't have that I don't know what to say.

r/CFBstreams has moved to sportsurge.net if you are a cable cutter/stream pirate.

I was just angry I couldn't see Wazzu/Arizona State without finding a stream honestly.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Manoueverable posted:

Yall are gonna loving murder us this week :lol:

I mean, it's still the Pac-12

no one is safe

LGD fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 15, 2019

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

mactheknife posted:

i've seen this movie before, and it ends with my holding a cigarette that's burned down to the filter while i stare at nothing and contemplate life's total lack of purpose

I don't expect LSU to win, but I may watch the game with the expectation of it at least being competitive this year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

How does this high school team perform, out of curiosity? Anyone know what he's talking about?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

How does this high school team perform, out of curiosity? Anyone know what he's talking about?

They are loving awesome. Like state champ type of awesome. There was a player on Reddit going through how they would just score TD after TD and miss maybe one onsides kick a game. He also said they had successfully converted multiple 4th and 20+ plays

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

PostNouveau posted:

If I remember right, they usually do pretty well. Don’t know about the onside kick thing, but never punting is definitely the right choice.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

If I remember right, they usually do pretty well. Don’t know about the onside kick thing, but never punting is definitely the right choice.

I don't know the stats at all, but the onside kick makes sense to me.

It seems like if the offense gets a first down, they're wayyyyy more likely to score in some way. If you go 3 and out after a failed onside kick, you are punting, even with your great field position.

Maybe that's just because I've been watching the Saints and Longhorns for too long. Teams with lovely defenses who totally don't get stops if they don't get a 3 and out.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Hasn’t Saban joked about this or at least brought it up in the past? He probably got a good laugh out of this

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Hes made jokes about it because our kicking game is

well

you know

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

never punting is definitely the right choice.

While I do believe teams should go for it more often than they do, never punting is probably a hilariously bad choice. Especially if you're a bad team.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MourningView posted:

noted traditional power Iowa

It's more because one is in a P5 and the other isn't. What happens if a B1G team goes undefeated for two years vs when an AAC team does the same thing? I guess at least that's a good P5 conference this year. Outside of the SEC and B1G, it feels like all other P5 conferences are equal to the AAC at best.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

While I do believe teams should go for it more often than they do, never punting is probably a hilariously bad choice. Especially if you're a bad team.

Get a team that never punts, and cover it with the announcing team that has Pat McAfee

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
There are a handful of situations where it's better to punt but generally if it's a reasonable distance to go you should pretty much always go for it.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

MourningView posted:

There are a handful of situations where it's better to punt but generally if it's a reasonable distance to go you should pretty much always go for it.

I think we're about a decade from a coach at like NC State from implementing an offense that goes for it most of the time on 4th down and turning their school into a superpower for the 5-10 years it takes everyone else to surrender to statistics over convention

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

It's more because one is in a P5 and the other isn't. What happens if a B1G team goes undefeated for two years vs when an AAC team does the same thing? I guess at least that's a good P5 conference this year. Outside of the SEC and B1G, it feels like all other P5 conferences are equal to the AAC at best.

I think you're mostly preaching to the choir here. Sure there are some people who think all the playoff spots should go to the SEC (Georgia fans) but I think for the most part here people are in general acknowledgement that there's a lot of parity in college football right now, whatever the polls might say.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

never punt
always onside kick
always go for 2

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Imagine a good triple option team that always goes for it on 4th down. :shudder:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Teams need to change the philosophy of 4th down from “getting what we couldn’t get on downs 1 through 3” to “2.5 yards of a 10 yard goal”

I’m a football philosopher ama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

Imagine a good triple option team that always goes for it on 4th down. :shudder:

This is pretty much Army, unless that's the joke and I'm missing it.