Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
man, i was really excited for diablo 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rinkles posted:

Every play on "what, you guys don't have phones?" I want to come up with in response to this feels incredibly flippant and dismissive, so I'm just gonna agree and :smith: about it.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

It's funny how 2018 me was laughing at Blizzard for headlining a mobile game at their Con'. I was so naive thinking they couldn't be more out of touch.

Poor Wyatt probably has 100+ hours doing workshops and role play for hostile audiences.

Edit: Lol, Brack fired off a statement right before clocking out for the weekend. I'll be drinking the weekend away with you too, buddy.

Kaustik fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 12, 2019

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/23185888/regarding-last-weekend-s-hearthstone-grandmasters-tournament

Looking forward to blizzcon coverage in a few weeks. D4 announcement is going to be a wet fart with the pro Hong Kong disruptions and Diablo immortal launch event being booed for the duration.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Hopefully by then the controversy will have died down. I'm surprised blizz took this long to formulate a response, but they're pretty bad with PR lately...

Hoping D4 will be neat.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I very much hope the controversy will not have died down.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Rinkles posted:

I very much hope the controversy will not have died down.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't, the company can burn burn to the ground. And even feelings aside, I don't see how D4 can possibly be good based on all the decisions they've made in the past 2+ years.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
People seem to love WoW Classic. Not me, I like shiny new things.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

bamhand posted:

I don't, the company can burn burn to the ground. And even feelings aside, I don't see how D4 can possibly be good based on all the decisions they've made in the past 2+ years.

It'll be amazing! If you're willing to spend a shitton of money on microtransactions and loot boxes, that is.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bamhand posted:

That's my overall fear for D4 also. From the WoW BoA expansion being tired, phoned in and feeling like outsource work, to Bliz treating a loving phone game like a headline release, D4 has a poor outlook.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I expect d4 will be a third person coop rpg with sell-able cosmetics, or otherwise nothing like d3. It could be good but I don't have high hopes for it.

Only thing I'm somewhat hype about is them announcing the promised new d3 sets. Well, that and the possibility of getting the crap trolled out of them by HK/Mei/Winnie memes. :allears:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Well they backed off of the original penalty but I'm sure there's plenty who believe that political beliefs have a place in tournaments so :shrug:. We'll see what happens at Blizzcon. Sure hope they can do better with the initial D4 than the initial D3.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/23185888/regarding-last-weekend-s-hearthstone-grandmasters-tournament

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mayveena posted:

Well they backed off of the original penalty but I'm sure there's plenty who believe that political beliefs have a place in tournaments so :shrug:.

there's plenty who believe speaking out against oppression and for human rights shouldn't be treated as a "divisive social or political view". they waited 4 days to release a late friday statement in which they did not rescind the full penalty, and did not apologize. bah, they wagged their finger more.

do you think if a player shouted "trans rights" or "black lives matter", they would have been treated the same? should they? (of course not) or is the situation different because this isn't actually respecting each other or the game or whatever other coporate bullspeak, but about kowtowing to the chinese communist party?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Rinkles posted:

What did you hear? I thought they might have an announcement at blizzcon

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

sponges posted:

What did you hear? I thought they might have an announcement at blizzcon

primarily I wanted to see what a diablo game built from the ground up with the lessons learned from 3 and reaper looked like. also wouldn't mind a graphics upgrade.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Last I knew there were rumors of it being a Dark Souls clone. What they had to show last year was scrapped at the last minute and replaced with the mobile gaming announcement. Whether that means they tossed the whole idea, or there was any validity to those claims in the first place, is anyone's guess.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

paid money to post posted:

Last I knew there were rumors of it being a Dark Souls clone. What they had to show last year was scrapped at the last minute and replaced with the mobile gaming announcement. Whether that means they tossed the whole idea, or there was any validity to those claims in the first place, is anyone's guess.

there is absolutely no way they would take the premier isometric ARPG and mutate it into a 3rd person action adventure game with death runs, at that point it would just become Starcraft: Ghost but with Diablo

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

there is absolutely no way they would take the premier isometric ARPG and mutate it into a 3rd person action adventure game with death runs, at that point it would just become Starcraft: Ghost but with Diablo

They turned the premier real time strategy game into a mmorpg. Releasing their own hyper polished take on an established popular genre is kind of their thing.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Avalerion posted:

They turned the premier real time strategy game into a mmorpg. Releasing their own hyper polished take on an established popular genre is kind of their thing.

They renamed it though. World of Warcraft was not named Warcraft 4. If the game is going to be called Diablo 4, it damned well better be Diablo 4.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

paid money to post posted:

Wasn't the scrapped version was when it was supposed to be Diablo: Overwatch, because they wanted to make it a "shlooter"?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kheldarn posted:

Wasn't the scrapped version was when it was supposed to be Diablo: Overwatch, because they wanted to make it a "shlooter"?

That would just be famously successful perennial franchise Hellgate: London

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

It'll be interesting to hear the real story of it's development 5 years after it comes out.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Mayveena posted:

They renamed it though. World of Warcraft was not named Warcraft 4. If the game is going to be called Diablo 4, it damned well better be Diablo 4.

Maybe that’s why they are so cagey about announcing it - they never officially called it diablo 4 or did they.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Avalerion posted:

Maybe that’s why they are so cagey about announcing it - they never officially called it diablo 4 or did they.

That'd be maybe expected? But geezus can't they ever get it right? I guess we care so much because there was a time they put out good games with clear announcements without bullshit but I guess those days are gone.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

They did. And they scrapped it because it wasn't working out.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is all unverified because Blizzard would never in a million years verify officially these kinds of things, at least this early and in this environment, but one of the scrapped and no longer existing sequels to D3 was a Dark Souls inspired game. I think that was the one being done in the Overwatch engine.

Whatever is being worked on now is wholly new and original from all previous rumors.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
I heard it originally in a Rhykker video. He's not too bad as youtube personalities go but he's particularly annoying in that video. So here's the article it's based on.

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-diablo-1830593195

The writer has some credibility to previous leaks. That doesn't mean any of it is true. But it's also not... not true?

With Diablo 3 being ... not a commercial flop, but poorly received by critics and players. It's not to crazy to think they'd try to do something really dumb. Like re-brand it. Or push it to mobile...

Sounds cool in concept but I would still want an ARPG Diablo 4.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Avalerion posted:

Was. Was kind of their thing.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23179288/patch-267-ptr-begins-1017-10-14-2019 new PTR notes. Tempest Rush set (doesn't have any defensive bonus) and Fist of the Heaven set (terrible defensive bonus that falls off too easily). I was honestly kind of hoping Fist of the Heavens would just get better supporting legendaries so you could use it with Akkhan's set. I don't know how you'll have enough Wrath to cast it otherwise.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Like that Barb got some love but man those sets... feels bad, man. But I don't really like sader or monk a whole lot in the first place. Also season bonus seems like a wet fart but I'll reserve judgement until trying it I guess.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Biggest changes are the adjustments to Wastes 6pc and WW automatically applying Rend. Should have been done ages ago but that's a huge buff for S2W Barbs.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The season bonus is basically a massacre bonus that works everywhere and gives you a tiny amount of damage and movement speed instead of experience. It's not a lot, but it is a minor meta shift, since screen-clearing builds will have an easier time building up big stacks.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Biggest changes are the adjustments to Wastes 6pc and WW automatically applying Rend. Should have been done ages ago but that's a huge buff for S2W Barbs.

Will rend even do a decent amount of damage with the change? I haven't bothered doing the math but if WW does 15x damage then having rend do 5x more still won't make a difference.

e: Oh nevermind I rend takes the full set bonus now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Greater Rift Keystones are now subject to vacuum pick-up.

I mean, that's nice, but what I really want is for Pets to pick up Crafting Materials.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
With a ring of royal grandeur, you could stack the new monk set with Monkey King's Garb to get its damage reduction for Sweeping Wind.

The Fist of Heavens set really depends on how its damage reduction wears off, if all stacks are gone the second the timer is up, if each stack has its own five-second timer, or what.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Didn't realize that Bone Ringer could be used like they describe.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

With a ring of royal grandeur, you could stack the new monk set with Monkey King's Garb to get its damage reduction for Sweeping Wind.

The Fist of Heavens set really depends on how its damage reduction wears off, if all stacks are gone the second the timer is up, if each stack has its own five-second timer, or what.

I'm hoping it works like the Domination passive for Wizards where each successive stack refreshes the buff and adds 5sec as well because having to recast FotH 50 times every time it drops off would suck.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Hope they’ll give out the new sets as haedrics gift with the next season. Will prob go barb tho, whirlwind is my favorite build of theirs. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I feel like that Crusader set needs a little something extra besides only giving a million bazillion extra damage to Fist. It should probably also get some kind of interaction with Heaven's Fury so that you could pair a shield with it.