Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

'listen guys, I signed up for some very normal WAR crimes, you freaks want to do NORMAL crimes! I'm out!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
John Bolton furiously packing up his sketches for bombs that seek out mosques and hospitals while mumbling 'I thought this place had integrity'

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1183946003206070279

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

sexpig by night posted:

'listen guys, I signed up for some very normal WAR crimes, you freaks want to do NORMAL crimes! I'm out!'

He could have stayed in for like one more month and had his name all over the Kurds thing

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Manafort: [chanting] crimes, crimes-

Other officials: crimes, CRIMES

Trump: [pounding his clipboard] CRIMES, CRIMES, CRIMES!

Bolton: [muttering under his breath] war.. crimes

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

He'll be subpoenaed, and I bet he'll show up just out of spite.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Super-Id posted:

Manafort: [chanting] crimes, crimes-

Other officials: crimes, CRIMES

Trump: [pounding his clipboard] CRIMES, CRIMES, CRIMES!

Bolton: [muttering under his breath] war.. crimes

"Are you saying 'Crimes' or 'Genocides'?"

"CRIMES!"

"...I was saying 'genocides'" :smith:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

sexpig by night posted:

John Bolton furiously packing up his sketches for bombs that seek out mosques and hospitals while mumbling 'I thought this place had integrity'

"I don't have time for this bullshit! I'm a loving artist!"

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
It's exactly, loving exactly like that story Trump loves to tell at his rallies about the scorpion and the frog.

There's always a tweet children's fable

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It's like watching the Joker slowly put the pieces together and realize the Red Skull is a Nazi. And then immediately try to kill him because while he's a mass-murdering psychopath, Nazis are just that loving despicable and need to go down on principle.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

wait was this not posted yet

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1183946816217387008

tonight's the biggest post 10pm news dump in a long time lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

I mean most people don't like going to jail, especially rich white people

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

It's like watching the Joker slowly put the pieces together and realize the Red Skull is a Nazi. And then immediately try to kill him because while he's a mass-murdering psychopath, Nazis are just that loving despicable and need to go down on principle.

Wait, who’s the nazi and who’s the Joker here?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Wait, who’s the nazi and who’s the Joker here?

Well, Bolton can't possibly be the Joker because there's no way he'd ever serve as Iran's ambassador to the UN.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

pseudorandom name posted:

Well, Bolton can't possibly be the Joker because there's no way he'd ever serve as Iran's ambassador to the UN.

This is a very compelling argument even though I would've thought Trump would be the Red Skull (Orange Skull? )

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Let's keep perspective
https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1183946038173786112

He's going down for money crimes
https://twitter.com/JonathanLanday/status/1183945045377998850

:lol:
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1183947572651552773

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

eke out posted:

wait was this not posted yet

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1183946816217387008

tonight's the biggest post 10pm news dump in a long time lol

Sigh. Throw it on the pile.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sexpig by night posted:

so basically the chain is absolutely gonna end with Trump turning on Rudy, pinning this all on him, and Rudy knifing Trump in revenge, right? thanking him for it

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I closed my eyes and tried to imagine the dumbest possibility

What if Bolton wasn't just using figurative language but in fact did think Rudy and Mick were dealing drugs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FuturePastNow posted:

What if Bolton wasn't just using figurative language but in fact did think Rudy and Mick were dealing drugs

They Iran-Contrad it with Fentanyl

Kale
May 14, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/BarzanSadiq/status/1183843984940195841

This guy is wrong, it’s easy to measure the damage. They’ll see how high the Kurds bodies will stack and Trump will have his wall

Can they realistically get a veto proof majority through? Has Mitch weighed in on this yet? I kind of get the sense he's for a resolution, but then again you know....gotta please dear leader.

Even still kind of too little too late and they'll basically be sending troops back into a hot zone. Also that twitter thread is a whole lot of don't trust Lindsey Graham warnings and I'm kind of inclined to agree.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 15, 2019

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

I'm sure Bolton would argue that the wars that he wanted were completely legal according to American law, and thus he was a good boy who wanted no crimes at all. :colbert:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kale posted:

Can they realistically get a veto proof majority through? Has Mitch weighed in on this yet? I kind of get the sense he's for a resolution, but then again you know....gotta please dear leader.

Even still kind of too little too late and they'll basically be sending troops back into a hot zone.

This is not a resolution Congress can make, the President is in direct command of the military. They’d have to give command of the military to someone else to get it reversed, and there only one way to do that.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

I'm the Grand Marahal

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kale posted:

Even still kind of too little too late and they'll basically be sending troops back into a hot zone. Also that twitter thread is a whole lot of don't trust Lindsey Graham warnings and I'm kind of inclined to agree.

I don’t think it’s likely Congress will push this too hard because they would then own the decision to send American troops back into a situation much more likely to get them killed. It’s not like they can order the military to do this, so they’d have to find some way to push Trump around (admittedly, not hard).

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

e.pilot posted:

I'm the Grand Marahal

Trump used to own the Taj Maharal but he bankrupted it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's been days and I haven't been on the internet for a couple days, but Trump's morning twitter toilet post of "WHERE'S HUNTER!?" is still killing me. I think I might think about that tweet every day for the rest of my life. It's not worth genocide and the collapse of the country, but at least I got something out of all of this.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

It's been days and I haven't been on the internet for a couple days, but Trump's morning twitter toilet post of "WHERE'S HUNTER!?" is still killing me. I think I might think about that tweet every day for the rest of my life. It's not worth genocide and the collapse of the country, but at least I got something out of all of this.

If you replace Poochie with Hunter, the Simpsons episode becomes frighteningly relevant decades later.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm sure Bolton would argue that the wars that he wanted were completely legal according to American law, and thus he was a good boy who wanted no crimes at all. :colbert:

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1183956858295521280

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

How are u posted:

John Bolton has more integrity (not much) than the yahoos running this White House, what a god drat time to be alive.

I have a different take on this. John Bolton is a warmonger and the US ability to make war is predicated on our ability to conduct diplomacy, follow through on our promises (except when we don't have to) and largely have a stable foreign policy.

That's all shot to poo poo and for Bolton and the people he represents, Trump is an existential threat to the ultimate grift that is war profiteering. If we have no allies to serve as proxies in the middle east, we don't wage war there. Period. We're too war weary as a nation to put actual boots on the ground.

I see this maybe, MAYBE a little bit about Bolton being more decent than Trump, but that's not hard. What I see as more likely as this being about loving up the ability to profit off war. If the American Empire and general hegemony dies, our ability to run forever wars is severely reduced. What I saw him fighting tooth and nail for in the white house was more war. Now there's less and that means less profits.

Trump is a loving dumbass who runs grifts for millions. That's loving pennies between the looted national treasury and accumulated debt for no bid contracts and looting the wealth of countries. That's trillions. Trump is scrabbling for pennies and doesn't understand the art of war profiteering. He only sticks to what he knows as a mid-tier grifter.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 15, 2019

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FuturePastNow posted:

I really wouldn't be surprised if he really did mean it literally, Trump has to be getting his cocaine from somewhere

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bolton sits in his office and spins a giant roulette wheel labeled “Today Let’s Overthrow...”

The wheel comes to its eventual stop.

A low muttered “well... gently caress” is heard from the hallway.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it was actually a really impressive operation, Kashmiris went to sleep one night and woke up to Indian federal troops in all the tv stations, government buildings, and major utilities, without a peep of leaks

Gotta hand it to Mohdi

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Do you think Trump had Mick fire Bolton because he kept telling him to shave his sideburns, forgetting what the word mustache is?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

haveblue posted:

This is not a resolution Congress can make, the President is in direct command of the military. They’d have to give command of the military to someone else to get it reversed, and there only one way to do that.

The real way to have it change is to tell Trump that they are going to remove him from office if he doesn't reverse course, and then do that if he tries to call it a bluff. This "resolution" nonsense is just to give Republicans cover. Next year when anyone tries to rightfully pin the Kurdish Genocide on R's they'll all start weeping and tearily saying that they did all they could do but Obama really hosed this one up so bad.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

haveblue posted:

They could also declare war on Turkey :gifttank:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Trump’s biggest mistake was that he’s an insecure abusive piece of poo poo who only makes friends and associates with other insecure abusive pieces of poo poo, and they all go around together being horrible to everyone. Now it comes back to bite them because everyone’s eager to drop a dime.

Under any normal republican presidency these people would all be flinging themselves onto their swords to cover for the bossman.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Is that 160,000 number right!? :psyduck:
https://twitter.com/MikeMongo/status/1183949795355955201

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Probably, there are 2,000,000 Kurds in the area that Turkey wants to annex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

There are something like ~2 million Kurds in Syria and the entire northern border became a genocide zone. That number of displaced is unsurprising.