Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Rhyno posted:

God drat it.

Go ahead, ruin that for me.

He's like if you took the worst parts of the Great Leap Forward, and Boomers, mixed them in a flask, and then distilled the essence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/celebrity-jackie-chan-discusses-being-a-nasty-jerk-in-new-memoir-20181204

https://www.quora.com/Is-Jackie-Cha...inment-industry

quote:

Question: Is Jackie Chan an rear end in a top hat jerk in his personal life, even though he has a wonderful nice guy respectable image as a professional in the entertainment industry?

However, it’s clear from Chan’s personal life that he isn’t always the pleasant character that he portrays in the majority of his films.

• He was apparently a bully when he started off as a stuntman - He would start fights with people just to beat them up. He did this for quite some time.
  • He squandered a great deal of his money before he was famous on whores, drinking, and gambling - He didn’t spend it on his family who needed it.
  • He is obsequious in his praise of Mainland China - Jackie Chan takes his praise of the mainland far beyond the point necessary being a star trying to garner publicity. He’s been called out on his toadyish behavior several times by the Hong Kong and Taiwan medias.
  • He’s not much of parent - Even he admits that his parenting skills are sorely lacking. Worst of all, he doesn’t seem to be too interested in working on that, as exhibited by his lesbian daughter’s current financial issues. Add: disowning his son publicly when he got busted for pot. throwing said son across the room when he was TWO while fighting with his wife.
  • He seems to be a hypocrite, but he won’t acknowledge it - Despite the fact that he’s from Hong Kong and had previously take part in protests, he now condemns it. He talks about family and marriages failing in the modern permissive society, but he’s been a failure at both. And he complains about America and Hollywood, when both made him far wealthier than he could have ever been. Basically the man is a walking contradiction and he won’t admit it.

Not the best person out there, however.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 10, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha, surprise your movie hero is really an rear end in a top hat! Why is this usually the case 9 times out of 10? Oh yeah, famous people tend to be self centered dicks.

:shrug:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You don't become successful and climb to the top of the ladder without screwing people over. It's not a coincidence.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
But anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIsBqAdZpkM

This EVO IV was cool in Who am I

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Powershift posted:

it was the Bertone Pickster!

It's like a Holden Ute & a Bugatti Veyron had a weird little baby

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Well this is an eye-opener; 100 years too long IMHO!

kill me now posted:

But anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIsBqAdZpkM

This EVO IV was cool in Who am I

Apparently Ralliart did an 8 in commemorative Chan trim too:

Gay Weed Dad fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 10, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Well this is an eye-opener; 100 years too long IMHO!

Apparently Ralliart did an 8 in commemorative Chan trim too:

That was designed by Jackie apparently, he's done a few. Check out the boot lid on it :v:

(definite wrong thread)

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Is that to evoke times where he has fallen 2 stories onto a car and dented them ?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Qmass posted:

Is that to evoke times where he has fallen 2 stories onto a car and dented them ?

He's dented so many, that's just what he just thinks trunks look like now.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

New Project Binky Q&A up on Patreon, for those who, uh, patronize.
Some really great answers to common questions, such as why a Celica GT4, why a rusty Mini, why 6 yeeeeeeaaaars, etc.
Fav: "So, am I going to live long enough to see it finished?"

Should be up on YT for non-Patrons soon.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Darchangel posted:

New Project Binky Q&A up on Patreon, for those who, uh, patronize.
Some really great answers to common questions, such as why a Celica GT4, why a rusty Mini, why 6 yeeeeeeaaaars, etc.
Fav: "So, am I going to live long enough to see it finished?"

Should be up on YT for non-Patrons soon.

Binky vids have been public the day after the patreon ones go up, I think.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

~ A E S T H E T I C ~

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://www.speedhunters.com/2019/10/always-meet-heroes/

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Thanks for this. I loved this article. F40 will always be the bedroom poster dream car for me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If I ever got the chance to own an F40 it would be the best and worst day of my life. I'd get the car and promptly die of my heart exploding.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

xzzy posted:

If I ever got the chance to own an F40 it would be the best and worst day of my life. I'd get the car and promptly die of my heart exploding wrapped around a tree, on fire but smiling.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

"According to witnesses, the deceased last words were, and I quote, 'WOOOOOOOOOOO!'"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
If you die in an F40 does Enzo meet you at the pearly gates?

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Yeah, to yell at you for breaking one of his cars.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its enzo ferrari. He probably calls your mother a whore in italian, throws espresso in your face and asks why you can't drive like a racecar driver.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Kafouille posted:

Yeah, to yell at you for breaking one of his cars.

Ummmmmmm..... no. Enzo was very much pro the whole concept of going off the road backwards while on fire

quote:

If I ever got the chance to own an F40 it would be the best and worst greatest day of my life. I'd get the car and promptly die from the enormous priprism or flying off the road backwards on fire with an enormous priprism

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Imagined posted:

If you die in an F40 does Enzo meet you at the pearly gates?

But you can only get in if you've won the 1,000 years of Le Mans

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Haha, surprise your movie hero is really an rear end in a top hat! Why is this usually the case 9 times out of 10? Oh yeah, famous people tend to be self centered dicks.

:shrug:

This is why I should be a rich famous person - you all already know I'm an rear end in a top hat so there's nothing to let down.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

if i was the most famous martial artist in the world I would simply not be a failparent and toadie of the state. rip to Jackie Chan but im different

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I was about to suggest that an F40, like most of the 'supercars' of it's day was grossly underpowered by today's standards and wouldn't be as thrilling as we all think, but just looked it up and drat, 478-484hp and a top speed of 200mph is not a bad shout for the late 80s.

And i'm guesing that's raw, unadulterated power to the tarmac that isnt hobbled by pesky things such as traction control, abs, lsd's et al. so yeah, you're gonna spin out on the first 20 degree bend in the road and hit a tree with no side impact protection and you'll love every second of it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
F40 competizione had a bonkers 691hp with a top speed of 228 as well. There is nothing about that car that makes any compromise to being a road car other than the minimum safety requirements. It's a complete body on tube frame construction and few cars have matched its uncompromising track priority.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Good afternoon only to Mitsubishi Sportback concept from 2005...

Rear is almost there.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

dpack_1 posted:

I was about to suggest that an F40, like most of the 'supercars' of it's day was grossly underpowered by today's standards and wouldn't be as thrilling as we all think, but just looked it up and drat, 478-484hp and a top speed of 200mph is not a bad shout for the late 80s.

And i'm guesing that's raw, unadulterated power to the tarmac that isnt hobbled by pesky things such as traction control, abs, lsd's et al. so yeah, you're gonna spin out on the first 20 degree bend in the road and hit a tree with no side impact protection and you'll love every second of it.

Brings back memories of the video game Test Drive 2.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Rear is almost there.

That's a Mazda 3 lol, Mitsubishi should sue them for stealing their design :v:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Rear is almost there.

Mitsubishi won the grille wars before they even started.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Rear is almost there.

Back looks a bit like a Brera. I don't hate it, good find.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

and somehow they managed to turn that into the final Lancer which was bland as hell

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

um excuse me posted:

F40 competizione had a bonkers 691hp with a top speed of 228 as well. There is nothing about that car that makes any compromise to being a road car other than the minimum safety requirements. It's a complete body on tube frame construction and few cars have matched its uncompromising track priority.

But it looks so sad :(

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If you're referring to the photo, that's from disassembly for restoration. That specifically is the condition right before mask and paint.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

um excuse me posted:

If you're referring to the photo, that's from disassembly for restoration. That specifically is the condition right before mask and paint.

Yeah, how happy do YOU look when your undercarriage is undergoing detailed forensic examination?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

um excuse me posted:

I thought that was the 5000 mile service.

Here's a celica cruising deck

Here's a honda in a short bed truck https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/honda/n600/2261875.html

Here's a 64 impala based hearse. I hope the undertaker is hitting switches on my last ride.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Rear is almost there.

Too bad it ended up looking like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

~ A E S T H E T I C ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBxpwbDpKVg

It's so raddical