Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

in what world is gargano the same height as those two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Blast Fantasto posted:

I know you’re posting this to make fun of Shane McMahon being in the photo but also it looks insane how they’re standing exactly the same. Like it would look 10x less terrible if they even slightly varied their poses

I'd love to know the reason they do this now. Along with the white menus from 2k19 the change in the roster screens was imo one of the worst ideas they had, because all it does is expose how fake and melted-action-figure everyone looks. They might as well be t-posing and have no facial expressions at all.

Like, who's gonna look at the top two screens (2k20, 2k19) and think it looks better than the bottom (2k18)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Psychepath posted:

They might as well be t-posing and have no facial expressions at all.
They are halfway there already.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Psychepath posted:

I'd love to know the reason they do this now. Along with the white menus from 2k19 the change in the roster screens was imo one of the worst ideas they had, because all it does is expose how fake and melted-action-figure everyone looks. They might as well be t-posing and have no facial expressions at all.

Like, who's gonna look at the top two screens (2k20, 2k19) and think it looks better than the bottom (2k18)

The people who have to work 90 hour weeks to put the poses in the game?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

The people who have to work 90 hour weeks to put the poses in the game?

The poses are in the game. For some reason they stopped applying them to the in-game wrestlers two games ago I think. You can do it yourself if you have the patience, or at least you could last year.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Anyway play SLAMMED!

:yeah:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

I do love the people grasping to "This isn't the final build!"

Which is stupid because it's out in less than 12 days which means the gold master has already been finalized and sent out for mass printing/uploading/whatever. It probably was finalized at least a month ago so it could get through certification in time for launch.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It’ll be a day one patch, you’ll see!

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
It's the final build that's on the disk for sure, but the amount of content and fixes that are in day 1 patches now is sometimes huge. Often, games get waivers for certain cert issues contingent on being fixed in the day 1 patch.

I mean it's probably not going to fix a lot of these issues at all, especially the models.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spongeh posted:

It's the final build that's on the disk for sure, but the amount of content and fixes that are in day 1 patches now is sometimes huge. Often, games get waivers for certain cert issues contingent on being fixed in the day 1 patch.

I mean it's probably not going to fix a lot of these issues at all, especially the models.

Yeah I don't think we're looking at a "we hosed up the variables in the animation code and that's why everyone looks brain-damaged" issue like in Mass Effect Andromeda, or "whoops we misspelled a variable in our AI code and that's why the Xenomorphs are rock stupid" issue like in Aliens: Colonial Marines. And in both those cases those games also had problems that couldn't just be fixed by a day one patch.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm no gamer or connoisseur but those look real bad.

And is there seriously a game mode where teenage WWE fans are bullied because they're losers? Is that normal for WWE games?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

STAC Goat posted:

And is there seriously a game mode where teenage WWE fans are bullied because they're losers?

Yes

STAC Goat posted:

Is that normal for WWE games?

It is now apparently, yeah.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I'm no gamer or connoisseur but those look real bad.

And is there seriously a game mode where teenage WWE fans are bullied because they're losers? Is that normal for WWE games?

it is the career mode. you play as those losers who have gotten into the wwe hall of fame and are talking about their career together

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That fake Hulk Hogan is so hilarious.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I know I have defended this game up and down this forum...There is nothing defendable about this game in the videos that have come out EXCEPT for Kairi having a treasure chest for her championship entrance, although thats ruined by the fact that she looks like a creepy porcelain doll. Game looks like hot trash and I get the feeling it's only gonna get worse.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
I sure can't wait to play the wrestling game where all the wrestlers look like they just pulled a 12-hour shift and then the boss just called them up and asked if they could come in early again tonight

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oW9_sYsJEk

Just like how the actual WWE's best creative talent goes to making goofy jobber segments where a skinny guy from Topeka gets beat up by an Author of Pain, the masks look good in this game

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Official_WMI/status/1183894229283684352?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rock ($500 Shirt) vs. Austin 2 Knee Braces

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I always find it funny that there is as big long winded roster reveal when it is faster to just tell you who isn't in the game.

It seems like this year's cut wrestlers from the main roster are...
The Ascension
The Colons
Aiden English
Killian Dain
Alexander Woflfe

I didn't look at the NXT rosters though, but noticed that Walter isn't in it which is a glaring omission.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

From what I understand Walter has actively turned down every attempt by WWE to get him to go to the performance center so I wouldn't be surprised if this is either Walter saying he doesn't give a poo poo about being in the game or WWE being petty as gently caress.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Astro7x posted:

I always find it funny that there is as big long winded roster reveal when it is faster to just tell you who isn't in the game.

It seems like this year's cut wrestlers from the main roster are...
The Ascension
The Colons
Aiden English
Killian Dain
Alexander Woflfe

I didn't look at the NXT rosters though, but noticed that Walter isn't in it which is a glaring omission.

Only one of the Forgotten Sons is in the game.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

I’d love to know what type of call leads to this decision. “They need to be represented but aren’t important enough to appear in full”?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/lucharcade/status/1184055063800627202?s=20

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It's me, I'm the 40 year old guy still in high school.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

They cut it off too early because even her spinning around looks more awkward in 2k20. In 19 it’s animated as if she’s turning around normally, in 20 it’s like she stops on a dime and is just rotated by god or something

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I don't think the headshot pictures going around are nearly as bad/inaccurate as folks are making out, but wow this version is looking to be inspired-bad.

Cant wait to do my usual yearly tradition of getting the game at a deep discount, futzing with universe to get it as close to my headspace wrestling utopia as I can, and then completely abandoning it after the first in-game month.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
just bought evil within 2

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Davros1 posted:

They forgot the other two

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Anyone played the Chikara game yet? My favorite part of wrasslegames is playing pretty princess dress up with CAWs and occasionally fighting them against each other. I heard Chikara AAW has a pretty good CAW? Do different characters play differently or is it like WWE2kXX games where Rey Mysterio and Big Show essentially play identically?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

mary had a little clam posted:

Anyone played the Chikara game yet? My favorite part of wrasslegames is playing pretty princess dress up with CAWs and occasionally fighting them against each other. I heard Chikara AAW has a pretty good CAW? Do different characters play differently or is it like WWE2kXX games where Rey Mysterio and Big Show essentially play identically?

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but people are already making great characters: https://twitter.com/ChikaraAAW/status/1184151138058280966?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but people are already making great characters: https://twitter.com/ChikaraAAW/status/1184151138058280966?s=20

Brian Pillman's greatest opponent!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

“I joined this promotion to wrestle! And now the bastards have me pushing a drat Pencil around...”

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

beggar posted:

I don't think the headshot pictures going around are nearly as bad/inaccurate as folks are making out, but wow this version is looking to be inspired-bad.

Cant wait to do my usual yearly tradition of getting the game at a deep discount, futzing with universe to get it as close to my headspace wrestling utopia as I can, and then completely abandoning it after the first in-game month.

I'm sure the faces also look worse in motion

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
so wait is the premise of the Women's storyline that everyone thinks wrestling is dumb and pro wrestlers are demonstrably not as tough and cool as actual Greco Roman wrestlers

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

so wait is the premise of the Women's storyline that everyone thinks wrestling is dumb and pro wrestlers are demonstrably not as tough and cool as actual Greco Roman wrestlers

As far as I can tell you play as both the girl and guy dweebs who in storyline became WWE HoFer and are reliving their life stories during their inductions.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

both posts are accurate

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

both posts are accurate

no, because the dweeb girl gets to beat her big rival in a wrestling match proving that with proper training she would have won and pro wrestling is better than greco roman wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Depicting your future HoFers as huge weak loser idiots in the beginning is some good poo poo lol