Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Thinking about it more, H2 adds a couple of spawn events:

2. In Sgail, after you kill everyone, new guards in suits of armor will spawn. At least, I'm pretty sure they're spawned in.

Oh really? I guess I didn't get everyone in my kill everyone run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I am now very curious about those Sgail guard names.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I am now very curious about those Sgail guard names.

oh dear. this sounds like a very annoying project if you can't save.

surely somebody has tested it, surely?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Do the armour dudes pick up cell phones?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

can they even be marked in contracts mode

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

where the red fern gropes posted:

can they even be marked in contracts mode
I seem to recall that Urben tested it and, according to him, the knights don't even spawn in Contract Creation Mode, so there's no way to mark them.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, come on, IO, let them pop up.Then you could release a huge batch of featured contracts focused exclusively on them.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh, come on, IO, let them pop up.Then you could release a huge batch of featured contracts focused exclusively on them.

That sounds great at first....

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i hate this elusive target whats the cheese method besides elctrophone

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The Warlord? Hang out in her top suite room for a bit, she'll sit down for a while and her guards just won't be there. Eventually she'll stand up and you can poison syringe her. Or shoot her and stuff her in the closet. There's literally no one in there.

I suggest doing the safe first though because I managed to botch my run by blowing it up. :sigh:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah i guess actually getting her is easy just its such a pain in the rear end to get up there. mostly just woes about the map i think

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah i guess actually getting her is easy just its such a pain in the rear end to get up there. mostly just woes about the map i think

dress as purple hotel staff. Target will see through it but there's lots of places to hide in that room to wait for her.

also i hope you have a breach charge for the safe with the files in it

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

HORMELCHILI posted:

Start in your hotel room, call in about the broken toilet, clonk them both and take his outfit.

Do NOT steal a soldier's uniform basically everyone on the map can see through it, it's useless.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Outside of your hotel room to the left there is a laundry cart. Distract one of the patrolling guards and dump him in there so you’ll have a guard uniform for getting the files.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Drop a gun on the floor by the vacuum cleaner that's next to the security room with the safe. Turn the vacuum on and off, the cleaner comes over, sees the gun and calls a security guard (hopefully the captain) do this a few times, and you have both disguises... Of course you've probably snuck in from underneath so have the security one already.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hearing about these starts that aren’t linen room start as hotel staff into grab master keycard and upstairs to aircon room with the handy security guy at the door you coin in to KO and grab the outfit so you have both right away is just confusing as I default to that one so often.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
When is the deadline for the Warlord?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Hearing about these starts that aren’t linen room start as hotel staff into grab master keycard and upstairs to aircon room with the handy security guy at the door you coin in to KO and grab the outfit so you have both right away is just confusing as I default to that one so often.

47 is a man of taste and he would want to enjoy his stay at the Himmapan while casing the target :colbert:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
End of this week, i think.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Lollerich posted:

When is the deadline for the Warlord?
Probably a week from today, they generally last 10 days.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
This Yulduz canopy challenge is driving me up the wall. I know not to use fire extinguishers, but does anyone have any other tips? I can't seem to get her to even get enough "lift" with a micro explosive under her feet, and propane tanks don't actually seem to help.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Discendo Vox posted:

This Yulduz canopy challenge is driving me up the wall. I know not to use fire extinguishers, but does anyone have any other tips? I can't seem to get her to even get enough "lift" with a micro explosive under her feet, and propane tanks don't actually seem to help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/9zmd1w/patient_zero_in_hitman_2_slam_dunk_problems/

I had a bitch of a time with it, too. Maybe one of the tips people tried to give me would help! (Or my own solution which involved the baseball)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I used multiple demo blocks, but placement still matters and it's RNG even then.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Nakar posted:

I used multiple demo blocks, but placement still matters and it's RNG even then.

Speaking of C4, are there any good/fun ways to use C4 to kill targets? Like, I know that planting (and detonating) a charge on the Hawke's Bay panic room will kill anyone huddling inside, but are there any other uses? Like, could you whack a C4 charge onto the outside of the Sapienza seaplane, then trigger an evac? (Then, when the targets start flying away, set it off)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Any explosive will destroy the seaplane I think, and yes that's a way to kill Silvio Caruso.

The only real advantage demo blocks have over ducks is they can stick to stuff, and the only advantage over mines is the larger blast radius. There are a few odd instances where the increased range can kill through a wall or ceiling/floor in a way others can't, but they're pretty rare. You can kill Soders in Hokkaido from the garden using a demo block, but the faster method now is to use Shaman Powder which does the same thing. Shaman Powder also blasts open doors without posing a risk to 47, I believe; Fortheseven uses it in his full game speedrun for both purposes.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really tried everything, but that explosive baseball was inexplicably the way to go for that drat challenge. I think the force of it slamming into her head helped? I sorta aimed myself the way I wanted her to go and winged it and it eventually worked out after several rolls of RNG.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Got the ET. Normally I try to do these things without cheesing it too bad because that takes the fun out of it but the safe part is so broken and Bangkok ETs are so rare I just left the electro phone in her way, breached the safe then called the phone on my way to the docks. Lame.

Afterwards, as is customary, I tried a random featured contract and struggled for like an hour trying to SASO three people in the bank and eventually said gently caress it and shotgunned them all to death in plain sight while running away.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I wish it were easier to just reset all your user data or go into some form of "prestige mode" to zero out all the level masteries on the PS4 after you've reached 20 on all maps. Seems pretty silly for a game that's designed to be played repeatedly to never be able to reset your unlock progress.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there's no difference between resetting your unlocks and just not choosing them

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Super No Vacancy posted:

there's no difference between resetting your unlocks and just not choosing them

There's a difference in the way my brain feels when I complete silent assassin for the 100th time and get nothing vs achieving silent assassin and get unlocks or rewards even if I've done it before. With no reward system, to me, it just feels like the game is "complete" and there's no reason to do any of the maps again.

Maybe that's just my personal opinion, it just really seems like a simple feature IO could add to increase playability. Seems like all I do now is fire up the game for an elusive target every month or so then cut it off when I really wish I could see how many runs it would take to completely remaster a level without having to buy a new PSN account and a new game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Love to have an ET see me for a microsecond before I shoot them, literally not start or say any animations, then have the entire building immediately go into Target Lockdown via telepathy and get killed, failing the mission.

Great poo poo.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I really wish I could see how many runs it would take to completely remaster a level without having to buy a new PSN account and a new game.
Can't you just make a guest account to do this? Pretty sure that's how youtubers get multiple runs of an ET on console.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Love to have an ET see me for a microsecond before I shoot them, literally not start or say any animations, then have the entire building immediately go into Target Lockdown via telepathy and get killed, failing the mission.

Great poo poo.
Instant lockdown if even a pixel of your body is ever visible to her or her guards while holding a weapon is just one of the many fun ways they made this the worst elusive target :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

She should throw her machete at you and instantly kill you if she sees you

She's not The Warlord for nothing :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
God imagine a version of this game where the publisher had mandated that boss fights must be included :v:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Pilchenstein posted:

God imagine a version of this game where the publisher had mandated that boss fights must be included :v:

Shadow-of-mordor-style nemesis boss targets.

Also make them literal orcs, please.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Major Isoor posted:

Speaking of C4, are there any good/fun ways to use C4 to kill targets? Like, I know that planting (and detonating) a charge on the Hawke's Bay panic room will kill anyone huddling inside, but are there any other uses? Like, could you whack a C4 charge onto the outside of the Sapienza seaplane, then trigger an evac? (Then, when the targets start flying away, set it off)

the proximity explosive is useful if/when you cause a target to flee and set up an explosive trap on his path. You can use any explosive for that purpose, of course, but C4 gives more style points?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Pilchenstein posted:

Can't you just make a guest account to do this? Pretty sure that's how youtubers get multiple runs of an ET on console.

Instant lockdown if even a pixel of your body is ever visible to her or her guards while holding a weapon is just one of the many fun ways they made this the worst elusive target :v:

I know you can with steam, I've never tried with a PS4 guest account, going to check that out tonight.

Apparently you can also send an email to IO's legal team to have them delete all your cloud profile data. You can also apparently request all the data and see what metadata IOs always-online spyware has gathered about you. Haha

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, I’ve been replaying Bangkok repeatedly to try to grind for the level 20 mastery pistol because it looks like fun being able to shoot anything silently.

Is it just me or is it a weird bummer you don’t get sent to kill Thomas Cross? They name drop him a bunch and build up his island as being this impossible to assault fortress and then in the next mission he is already dead. That feels like it was meant to be hyping you up for your next mission and that thread is just dropped entirely.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

rotinaj posted:

That feels like it was meant to be hyping you up for your next mission and that thread is just dropped entirely.
If that had been the plan then we wouldn't have been sent to kill Jordan Cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

So, I’ve been replaying Bangkok repeatedly to try to grind for the level 20 mastery pistol because it looks like fun being able to shoot anything silently.

Is it just me or is it a weird bummer you don’t get sent to kill Thomas Cross? They name drop him a bunch and build up his island as being this impossible to assault fortress and then in the next mission he is already dead. That feels like it was meant to be hyping you up for your next mission and that thread is just dropped entirely.

It would've been great, and I agree, it sucks that it didn't happen. The Jordan Cross/Thomas Cross thing is ripped off of based on the Hayamoto missions from Hitman 2, where you kill the son of a reclusive Yakuza leader to find out where he even is based on his appearance at his son's funeral- the first time he'd been seen in public in a decade. Then you actually got to experience going up aga-

wait

forget I said anything.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 16, 2019