Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

tactlessbastard posted:

It's 100% thing or its opposite? Get a load of loving Nostradamus here.

This may be shocking but there are activities and social groups in the world that don’t have anything to do with politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Resting Lich Face posted:

Dog people have broken brains.

You don't like dogs? RLF I honestly didn't have you pegged as a sociopath

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MagusofStars posted:

Is there actually money up for grabs? If not, then fine whatever...but if so, those photos aren’t going to stop people from cheating.

To be honest I only went once and everything's a bit of a blur. I just know they reminded people not to go to the other trivia nights in the week and took pictures of the teams during a drink break, and I just assumed those were related.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

sweet thursday posted:

I think they mean more like the weirdo misanthropes that like dogs better than people.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Send the dog down the aisle first so the photographer can get a good picture, then release the nephew and he can go running after it let's see how fast he can run and how badly he actually wants to be in the wedding

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’m praying the dog eats the ring and it’s insanely valuable leading to the plot of Snatch but instead of British gangsters it’s annoying dog people killing each other.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Three Olives posted:

Oh sweet summer child, I assure you that you can spend six figures on a Tiffany's engagement ring.

Why leave the house?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

sweet thursday posted:

Early childhood trauma.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The ringbearer issue is easily fixed: ban all children from the wedding.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't believe basically anyone who says they work a 65+ hr week or whatever

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Pick posted:

How bourgeoisie of you.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pick posted:

I'm currently working 84 hours in a 7 day period

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

Yeah, the working poor are liars. You absolute moron.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm also making a shitload in OT and thanksgiving stat #workunion

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

"To inquire about this item, please call (877) 864-8695, or email diamonds@costco.com"

Lets see, got my 1-gallon tub of mayo, my double-pack of supersize Doritos, some new lawn furniture, a $5 chicken for tonight... Oh, right, engagement ring. Kirkland Signature hasn't let me down yet!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SilvergunSuperman posted:

A dog ringbearer is some seriously stupid poo poo.

Yeah. Everybody knows that cats make the best ring bearers.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

I'm sorry there's no happiness in your life.

Dog people have broken brains.

What?

Early childhood trauma.

Oh, carry on being traumatized.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

while there are lots of people who definitely do work 65+ hour weeks, there's also a demographic of potato-shaped office worker that insists they have a grueling, excruciating schedule and specifically do so in order to poo poo on the actual 65+ hour week workers. like those CEO productivity pie charts that classify "alone time" as work and poo poo

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Frog Act posted:

CEO productivity pie charts that classify "alone time" as work and poo poo

"Executive Time"

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I signed a legally-binding contract with "Minnie Mouse" because I was mad at being pressured and manipulated. Now the company is holding me to it. Am I liable? (Florida)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sounds like it'd be cute tbh

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We're really sleeping on Nextdoor

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1183805486409367553

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pick posted:

I regularly had mandatory overtime that turned my 3 on 4 off/4 on 3 off 12 hour night shift work week into 6 on 1 off consistently, with the threat of getting fired hung over my head for insubordination if I didn't go in on my days off.

You don't know what you're talking about, is what I'm saying.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Imo this kind of thing is basically doxxing people

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

I regularly had mandatory overtime that turned my 3 on 4 off/4 on 3 off 12 hour night shift work week into 6 on 1 off consistently, with the threat of getting fired hung over my head for insubordination if I didn't go in on my days off.

You don't know what you're talking about, is what I'm saying.

Lots of people actually do work 60-80 hour work weeks, the issue is that lots of other people who did that one time three years ago love to talk about how they "used to get into work every day at 5PM and not leave until 10 that evening".

It's like when CEOs say "I wake up at 4am every morning that's the secret to my success". No you don't, shut up.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

They do wake up at 4am. Old guys usually need to piss in the middle of the night.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Lots of people actually do work 60-80 hour work weeks, the issue is that lots of other people who did that one time three years ago love to talk about how they "used to get into work every day at 5PM and not leave until 10 that evening".

It's like when CEOs say "I wake up at 4am every morning that's the secret to my success". No you don't, shut up.

I started getting up super early despite being a night owl because the horrific grind of corporate meetings starting at 9am would remove any ability I had to actually think about and accomplish work.

That said, then I go home early because gently caress more than 40 hours a week. Or take Friday off.

The idea that this is a huge accomplishment though is laughable.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Pick posted:

Jesus Christ just shut the gently caress up you god drat disaster idiot.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pick posted:

You do understand it's not at the same job.

I knew several people who worked a full time job, then worked 6pm-12am at a part time job several nights a week, surviving off 5 hours of sleep or less most nights. They were easily hitting 60 hours a week, usually more depending on if they worked both weekends as well (they usually did)

When you have kids and major bills, you have to take whatever you can get, even if its working minimum wage for and extra 20 hours a week because the extra $700 a month could be keeping you from drowning.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yeah my fiance works Boeing and is currently doing an 84-hr week because he gets exactly two days off this month, and until I managed to get help I was doing 70-80hr weeks as a caregiver. Now I just do 50+.

Nice seeing that the rich folk are still out of touch, though.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Boy who knew Pick was a fake woke silver spoon motherfucker?

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nobody but me is real, says girl writing her autobiography one post at a time.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Frog Act posted:

while there are lots of people who definitely do work 65+ hour weeks, there's also a demographic of potato-shaped office worker that insists they have a grueling, excruciating schedule and specifically do so in order to poo poo on the actual 65+ hour week workers. like those CEO productivity pie charts that classify "alone time" as work and poo poo

If you don't include noted work things like "exercise" and "personal appointments", that is at best a 35 hour workweek.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

I'll pass that by mid morning on Friday.

:confuoot:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you don't include noted work things like "exercise" and "personal appointments", that is at best a 35 hour workweek.

*Me, huffing and puffing on the treadmill at Planet Fitness*

drat, the boss is really working me like a dog lately.

*Grabs slice of pizza*

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

what I wouldn't give for personal appointments, travel, and exercise to be billable hours

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Boy who knew Pick was a fake woke silver spoon motherfucker?
Everyone? Is this a trick question? She's the same bougie idiot that said anyone with a net worth of anything less than 30 million isn't actually wealthy.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Leon Einstein posted:

Everyone? Is this a trick question? She's the same bougie idiot that said anyone with a net worth of anything less than 30 million isn't actually wealthy.

:thejoke:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
As with many number-inflators in the house, I said less than $15mil isn't "rich".

3.8% of American workers work more than 60 hours a week but I definitely believe that Something Awful is a hotbed of the hardest working people in America. lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Pick posted:

As with many number-inflators in the house, I said less than $15mil isn't "rich".

3.8% of American workers work more than 60 hours a week but I definitely believe that Something Awful is a hotbed of the hardest working people in America. lol
Keep moving those goalposts.