Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WHAT IS THIS GAME

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1183912789942751232?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

i’ll poo poo on any millionaire i so choose

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

:wtc:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This is the first good thing I've seen of the game, actually

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

want that Valentino Rossi can

wait til she learns what WLF means

:haw::hf::haw:

We might be two of the only ones in here who do

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The Rock's book was a weapon in No Mercy

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/MangoHeadSul/status/1184007442109218817?s=09

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yes I'm sure noted good sportsman Undertaker woulda taken a DQ stoppage happily, instead of putting on a MOTY with a broken foot and bits of Mick's teeth in his hair.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Between this and Ribbie I think I might have to get this game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ring the drat bell!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

extradite THIS! posted:

This is the first good thing I've seen of the game, actually

Hard agree. It's just so loving bonkers. They're really going all out and stretching into every direction of "weird and bad" and "weird and good" for this one.

fatherofmustard posted:

The Rock's book was a weapon in No Mercy

This must be the one thing I don't remember from No Mercy.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Foley told a story in one of his books about Jericho using Have A Nice Day! as a foreign object on him at a house show

then there's Flair cutting a promo with one of Foley's books, then throwing down the mic and talking into the book

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

didn't Flair punt Foley's book into the audience? I really should keep a spreadsheet of all the times WWE has thrown poo poo into the audience.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

This must be the one thing I don't remember from No Mercy.

And sometimes there was a glitch when you'd pull weapons out of the crowd they'd be larger.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

coconono posted:

didn't Flair punt Foley's book into the audience? I really should keep a spreadsheet of all the times WWE has thrown poo poo into the audience.

I feel like I remember him at least elbow-dropping it. But that man has elbow-dropped a lot of random stuff.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WWE once again chasing AEW by stealing the Librarians gimmick

smdh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsWWE/status/1184185878194855937?s=20

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

WWE once again chasing AEW by stealing the Librarians gimmick

smdh

Master of the Forbidden Books Section would unequivocally be an improvement

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TriffTshngo posted:

Ref stoppage can be a deflating finish, but it is a good tool to pull out occasionally when you want to show how dominant one wrestler is while protecting the other from a direct, definitive loss, because they can come back at a later date (or the next night on Raw, since putting a feud on the backburner isn't something they know how to do) and challenge again without having eaten a pin or having tapped out. Alternately you have one like Tanahashi vs Suzuki from 2018 where Tanahashi loving lost that one, no question, but he refused to give Suzuki the satisfaction of a tapout, so Red Shoes had to call it.

Of course WWE did the absolute loving worst ref stoppage finish I've ever seen, as evidenced by the fact that A) everyone thought it was a DQ for kicking too much rear end, B) everyone hated it, and C) it sucked rear end and was bad. And also because they did a loving NO CONTEST IN A HELL IN A CELL THE PREVIOUS loving YEAR.

Also the ref apparently didn't need to stop it because Wyatt just got up and slapped on a mandible claw a couple minutes later anyway, no-selling the fact that he was apparently in danger if the ref didn't stop the match. Granted I know Wyatt got a concussion at some point so that probably contributed to him not doing anything for the last 5 minutes of the match but it was still a Really loving Stupid way to handle it.

WWE has conditioned its fans into expecting "Kicked too much rear end, got DQ'ed" as a go to for the ref ringing the bell without a pinfall or submission. They conditioned fans to expect it so much, the one time a wrestler won by knockout/referee's decision they thought the ref DQ'd Owens after powerbombing Sami over and over again instead of awarding him the win and the NXT title. The crowd booed until they announced Owens as the new champion.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cool shout out to the Wrestling Society X tag team.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Cool shout out to the Wrestling Society X tag team.

Rollins was in it.

#DIFHIsNotCool

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tyler Black was DIFH. Seth is an albanian.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The Ito sex words learned gimmick is getting old especially when her coworker Kamiyu is crafting such bizarre tweets without any effort.

Kamiyus tweets read like how one of my friends acts after 2 beers. Its a strong gimmick

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

And the chaser

https://twitter.com/nomadicflip/status/1184058526756421632?s=21

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
anyone remember when I posted about Batshit Crazy Russian Guy Alex Nabiev in this thread?

well, uh

a play in three acts

HE'S COMING

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

KungFu Grip posted:

WWE has conditioned its fans into expecting "Kicked too much rear end, got DQ'ed" as a go to for the ref ringing the bell without a pinfall or submission. They conditioned fans to expect it so much, the one time a wrestler won by knockout/referee's decision they thought the ref DQ'd Owens after powerbombing Sami over and over again instead of awarding him the win and the NXT title. The crowd booed until they announced Owens as the new champion.

Seriously they are so bad at announcing finishes. It was like a minute before the ring announcer said KO was champ, and all these Bullshit finishes they don't announce anything at all. Like Seth Vs. Roman they just lead to l to confusion. "throwing out the match" isn't always a bad finish, but they're too cowardly to even commit to that.

Seth is bad at social media BTW. Such cringe from them both.

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1184228021051543553

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 16, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Serious twitter angles are so embarrassing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why the gently caress would you say "i want your vengeance" even if there was zero regard for coolness in the entire world. I want you to whoop my rear end, pizza roll man

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't that a line from Bad Romance?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

why the gently caress would you say "i want your vengeance" even if there was zero regard for coolness in the entire world. I want you to whoop my rear end, pizza roll man

lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

"I want your vengeance" sounds like a line from peak early mid 90's EXXXXXTREEEEEEEEME Image/Marvel/DC comics. Like that embarrassingly over the top Punisher 2099 comic.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the fiend sits in the darkness beneath the ring, tweeting, fearing, doubting

his madness posted

he awaits the reply guy’s reply

WatermelonGun fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 16, 2019

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Seth Rollins is misquoting the hit song "Bad Romance" popularized by Lady Gaga. Get a clue, marks.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

No amount of context can make Seth Rollins tweets less embarrassing

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

anyone remember when I posted about Batshit Crazy Russian Guy Alex Nabiev in this thread?

well, uh

a play in three acts

HE'S COMING

Finally a story with a happy ending

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I still maintain my belief that Chuck Taylor is the only wrestler properly doing twitter

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

I still maintain my belief that Chuck Taylor is the only wrestler properly doing twitter

why do you hate Oney

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't hate Oney, he's just not on the level of The Kentucky Gentleman

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hate Oney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009