Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

Guarantee that Trump saw Botham Jeans family hug Amber and thought he could facilitate the same thing with the British parents. loving insanity. If I was in that situation I’d want to know which room that POS that killed my son was in so I could get a few punches in.

If a world leader presented me the killer of my child, it would either have them tied to a chair and offered a crowbar. Or presented from the neck up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ripoff posted:

So yeah, I get the feeling Trump did this to get the media infuriated with him while Pence and Crazy Rudy crush the impeachment investigation. Maybe if Nixon kicked an 8 months pregnant woman right in the gut, he would’ve been able to serve out his term.

Lol if you think he is able to calculate that far, let alone calculate at all

He just does things because he is an insane moron

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump has so little empathy I’d expect him to say something like “it’s just a son.”

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Ripoff posted:

So yeah, I get the feeling Trump did this to get the media infuriated with him while Pence and Crazy Rudy crush the impeachment investigation. Maybe if Nixon kicked an 8 months pregnant woman right in the gut, he would’ve been able to serve out his term.

Are they going to DESTROY congress with REASON and LOGIC?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

eke out posted:

what the hell are you even talking about

Crazy Rudy's gonna do a Hell in the Cell match with The Impeacher on NXT this Friday

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
If you honestly think Trump did this dumb thing with any kind of long-term strategy in mind, you have not been paying attention for the last three years.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
We already know these people lack any shred of human empathy, but then you see them try to pull off a simulation of it and fly right off a cliff. That is loving insane.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

TulliusCicero posted:

Yeah, whatever that bit about Pence and Giulianni was aside: this being the plan would include Trump anticipating a failed overture from Trump. I don't think he can do that.

bobjr posted:

Trump has so little empathy I'd expect him to say something like "it's just a son."
This incident certainly confirms the conventional thread wisdom about how Trump feels about being a parent.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

i am harry posted:

“Yeah just put everything in a hole and set it on fire.” - US Military since it’s inception

Well making it a two-step process is a refreshing change from infinite bombing.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i realize this is actually good outreach in an age where nazis use twitch to recruit preteens but it still makes me want to stove my own head in with a pipe wrench

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Stickman posted:

I'm definitely going to trust the "pocketbook model", "stock market model", and "unemployment model" to accurately predict that Minnesota is going to swing Trump in 2020.

Minnesota is not the liberal bastion people think it is. It stays liberal, but just barely. Hillary won the state by 1.5%, so if Trump flips a state in 2020, that will be the one. Virginia going red on the other hand, as their model predicts, is just absurd. It has not only flipped blue, but is trending bluer.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

eke out posted:

what the hell are you even talking about

This isn’t a question for you directly but a rhetorical one: If Pence and Rudy prove to Trump’s co-conspirators that dick loving squat happens when you tell Congress to gently caress off, what’s preventing them all from just ignoring Congress and giving them no evidence to run off of for the inquiry? Where the hell does the House go from here?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Trump is -11 in Minnesota.

His best approval rating is like +11 in Alabama. He is above water in only like 20 states, where he's somewhere between +1 and +5 in most.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

bobjr posted:

Trump has so little empathy I’d expect him to say something like “it’s just a son.”

I really do think if Eric or Don Jr. died he might legit try to "buy another one"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ripoff posted:

This isn’t a question for you directly but a rhetorical one: If Pence and Rudy prove to Trump’s co-conspirators that dick loving squat happens when you tell Congress to gently caress off, what’s preventing them all from just ignoring Congress and giving them no evidence to run off of for the inquiry? Where the hell does the House go from here?

Well, for starters, they have all the people who already testified.

As a practical matter, it is less of a problem if Pence gets away with giving the finger to Congress than Rudy. Pence is the sitting VP. He has considerably more protection than random witness #3. However, if Rudy doesn't face serious consequences, then you've got a real problem.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ripoff posted:

There is already enough evidence of impeachable offenses. There is already evidence of obstruction. That's ultimately where the house goes.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

I really do think if Eric or Don Jr. died he might legit try to "buy another one"

honestly i doubt he cares about them at all, they were probably something his wives insisted on

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TulliusCicero posted:

Luckily for him, most people with a large adult failson would be well happy to get it out of the house, so it’s a buyer’s market.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

eric and don jr are likely such broken people precisely because it's always been clear daddy doesn't care about them at all except to the extent they embarrass him

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Forgive me, but I can’t find this anywhere - is there a list of the representatives who are part of the current closed-door interviews?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Ripoff posted:

How quickly do you imagine consequences generally follow from refusal to honor congressional subpoenas?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobjr posted:

if it comes out he told them 'you can have another' I won't be shocked at all

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

TulliusCicero posted:

Yeah but he didn't call him himself. He had someone else set all that up so he could take whatever credit he thought was there

"I want you to find the family that this ambassador killed"

"Oh are we going to give them a payout?"

"Nope"

"An apology?"

"Nuh uh"

"......Drone strike?"

"I am going to make them hug. Also start working on my Nobel Peace Prize acceptance ceremony."

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/vmsalama/status/1184479646831779842

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1184481120122884103

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

TulliusCicero posted:

Jacob Wohl Trump

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

oh cool we're "well they were no angel"ing an entire population that's soon to be massacred

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Wasn't the thing that the ambassador's wife wanted to apologize, and the British family said they'd only accept an apology in person and in England(So that she could then be prosecuted)? I imagine this is trump's galaxy brain play, like "Well she apologized in person in America so now she doesn't have to go to Britain to face prosecution. Checkmate."

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/caitlinzemma/status/1184476668980879360

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Someone had this on a bingo card.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DC Murderverse posted:

oh cool we're "well they were no angel"ing an entire population that's soon to be massacred

*is already being

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

don't worry if he has to step down that job can just go to Mulvaney too

wait a sec...aw poo poo!!!!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Trump Personally Brings Murdered Brit’s Parents and Killer Together To Kiss And Make Up sounds like an Onion headline but it’s loving real.

The staff at the Onion are probably sitting around a table this morning asking "now what do we do?"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I quit, I want out of the simulation. Right now.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

skylined! posted:

Trump is -11 in Minnesota.

His best approval rating is like +11 in Alabama. He is above water in only like 20 states, where he's somewhere between +1 and +5 in most.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/
This doesn't translate to Trump losing the election and definitely does not translate to Trump losing Republican voters. Republicans disliking Trump just means they'll be slightly disappointed as they pull the lever for him.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/PadmaLakshmi/status/1184283771597553665?s=19

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

evilweasel posted:

eric and don jr are likely such broken people precisely because it's always been clear daddy doesn't care about them at all except to the extent they embarrass him

Hey not true, he also cares about them if he can use them for leverage to lower his divorce settlement:

quote:

As Trump engaged Ivana in an epic public feud, he dispatched a bodyguard to his triplex apartment with instructions to bring his elder boy down to his office. Don, still not talking to his father, descended with the bodyguard to the 28th floor, and a few minutes later, Ivana, who described all this in her book, got a phone call. It was Trump, looking for some leverage by announcing that he was going to keep Don and raise him alone.

“Okay, keep him,” Ivana said she told him. “I have two other kids to raise.”

A few minutes later—his bluff out-bluffed—Trump ordered his boy to be taken back upstairs. “Donald never had any intention of keeping his son,” Ivana wrote. Donald Jr. was 12 at the time, and he stopped speaking to his father for a year.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://twitter.com/NewsbySmiley/status/1184482563454373889

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

sexpig by night posted:

if it comes out he told them 'you can have another' I won't be shocked at all

You'd think this would start making his sons a bit nervous, but who knows.

Crows Turn Off posted:

This doesn't translate to Trump losing the election and definitely does not translate to Trump losing Republican voters. Republicans disliking Trump just means they'll be slightly disappointed as they pull the lever for him.

I am of the belief that if non-Trump supporting candidates run for the vacated Republican congressional seats, they have the potential to do a lot of good.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

don't worry if he has to step down that job can just go to Mulvaney too

wait a sec...aw poo poo!!!!

You mean the insane Conservative Wonk who wants to destroy the CPB from the inside is a completely insane loyal stooge as well?!

Noooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ive come to refee to that green emoticon in these tweets as the "lying emoticon" because every single time i see it its some made up statisitic being cited or complete bullshit. Like every single time to the point where my wyes just skip right past it. Propaganda bots seem to use it almost as a rule as well.