Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cebrail posted:

Yeah, of course, that's what they wanted to do. Poor gamers!

Unless photoshops have suddenly become a naturally occurring resource there is no reason to assume it wasn't deliberate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

They did that to show that it was on Twitch and they used a random picture of Twitch. It's not some conspiracy against a Swedish gaming tournament organizer lol

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Dear fellow germans, when talking about pens, even fancy fountain pen ones, can we please for the love of god stop using the term "Schreibgerät"? I don't care if the thing costs 800€, has a tip of solid gold and needs some elaborate bullshit to be refueled, that word sounds pretentious as all hell.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Es ist ein Gerät mit dem man schreibt :c00lbutt:

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Whomst've amongst us uses the word Schreibgerät? It is Schreibwaren :science:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Wer anderen eine Bratwurst brät /
Hat häufig auch ein Schreibgerät

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Und das Best am Schreibgerät? Er schläft nie!

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

AstroWhale posted:

Well, Wikipedia tells me "Die Produktgruppe Schreibwaren umfasst Schreibgeräte und weitere Schreibhilfsmittel." :science: :science:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Drinking tea from my Teebeinhaltungsgerät

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
apartment searching in Munich :smith:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

AstroWhale posted:

*kratzt mit dem Geodreieck eine Einkaufsliste ins Papier* Hmm yes, checks out.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

- Kugelschreiber
-

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

AstroWhale posted:

We usually just call them interns.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Greatest Living Man posted:

Goondolences. IIRC a friend of a friend ended up living in a literal barn for a couple of months

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lmao, why would you do that?

(but seriously, my condolences :()

Smirr posted:

living in a literal barn for a couple of months

Sounds nice, maybe you can hook up op with the sweet barn life?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Outlaw trade fairs or at least ban attendants from using the subway.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Outlaw trade fairs or at least ban attendants from using the subway.

This is bait - you're trying to get me to post "lol, 'subway'" and then own me to within an inch of my life. Instead I'll just say that hey, at least it's the "World's No. 1 Trade Fair for Plastics and Rubber". Here, if it's not the Gamescom it's some random dentistry equipment fair or something called the "Kinderwunsch Tage"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Sales boomers too stupid to go into the Gänge and insist in standing in the rote Freihaltezone instead.

Collaborateur Zugführer not even opening cars with ample space anymore.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Perestroika posted:

Und das Best am Schreibgerät? Er schläft nie!

Mein Schreibgerät hat auch schweißfrei gearbeitet, und heute gab es einen Durchbruch.

Seitdem ist er im Müll.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

GABA ghoul posted:

lmao, why would you do that?

Sometimes I look at rent in other cities

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Greader posted:

Dear fellow germans, when talking about pens, even fancy fountain pen ones, can we please for the love of god stop using the term "Schreibgerät"? I don't care if the thing costs 800€, has a tip of solid gold and needs some elaborate bullshit to be refueled, that word sounds pretentious as all hell.

I mean if you insist I can use "Füllfederhalter", but I fail to see how that would make me sound less pretentious.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Same lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think I have ever heard anyone say "Schreibgerät" in the 6 years living here, just Stift

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ephex posted:

Same lol

Try a Wohnungsbaugesellschaft

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Looking forward to a loving Schwarz-Grün-Rot-Gelb Koalition in Thüringen:

Almost didn't even find a country flag for a catchy shorthand. "'Sao Tome and Principe'-Koalition" doesn't really roll off the tongue so well.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

ephex posted:

Same lol

ImmobilienScout24 must be making so much money.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Just witnessed the SEK busting our neighbour, this poo poo is p intense

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 18, 2019

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Oh no, are his chilis ok? :ohdear:

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

Dommolus Magnus posted:

I mean if you insist I can use "Füllfederhalter", but I fail to see how that would make me sound less pretentious.

Near and far as I can tell a Füllfederhalter is a component of a Schreibgerät tho, though both words have the same, extremely german energy. Also, ya'll are jerks :v:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
the jerkin ger-kin

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

System Metternich posted:

Just witnessed the SEK busting our neighbour, this poo poo is p intense

Maybe some of you guys knows: my brother claims that rolling up schwerbewaffnet is the usual MO for all Hausdurchsuchungen, but I really can’t imagine like two dozen SEK guys securing the perimeter and threatening to violently storm the house just to bust some rando with a bit of weed on him. What sorta crime would rechtfertig something like this?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Maybe some of you guys knows: my brother claims that rolling up schwerbewaffnet is the usual MO for all Hausdurchsuchungen, but I really can’t imagine like two dozen SEK guys securing the perimeter and threatening to violently storm the house just to bust some rando with a bit of weed on him. What sorta crime would rechtfertig something like this?

*rushes into thread, breathlessly* your posting, op

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I love this thread

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Well, if you live within a 200 km radius from Berlin, he is probably a neo-nazi, 200 km around Munich, probably a Reichsbürger or Steuerhinterzieher, although to the south-east the likelihood rises, that he has a few (not yet) corpses in his cellar. Around Stuttgart, it possibly has something to do with not following the Kehrwoche. In the Rhine-Main area it might also be tax-cheating or other financial crimes, or drugs. Further up the Rhine, it is most likely a preventative measure for crimes against humor and humanity, carnival season is starting soon. In the wastelands to the north and east of the Lower Rhine-valley, I don't know, bestiality with horses or dragons or whatever lives there? Hope that helps.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

goethe42 posted:

Well, if you live within a 200 km radius from Berlin, he is probably a neo-nazi, 200 km around Munich, probably a Reichsbürger or Steuerhinterzieher, although to the south-east the likelihood rises, that he has a few (not yet) corpses in his cellar. Around Stuttgart, it possibly has something to do with not following the Kehrwoche. In the Rhine-Main area it might also be tax-cheating or other financial crimes, or drugs. Further up the Rhine, it is most likely a preventative measure for crimes against humor and humanity, carnival season is starting soon. In the wastelands to the north and east of the Lower Rhine-valley, I don't know, bestiality with horses or dragons or whatever lives there? Hope that helps.

Leerzitat

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

goethe42 posted:

200 km around Munich, probably a Reichsbürger or Steuerhinterzieher

Not sure they would send the SEK to congratulate him on that.

Now if they were arresting him for Weißwurst-crimes, maybe

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Maybe some of you guys knows: my brother claims that rolling up schwerbewaffnet is the usual MO for all Hausdurchsuchungen

Yeah no, it's not.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Turns out my neighbour got SEK‘d by some dude in NRW who claimed he was my neighbour and that he would start murdering hostages and shoot up my hometown now (??)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ah, so your neighbor is a streamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
So that's what Heimathorst meant.