Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Blues posted:

Come to that, are they gonna resurrect Madelyne Pryor?

She's not a mutant. You can debate about whether or not a clone of a mutant counts as a mutant, but they generally have powers at a genetic level. All of Madelyne's poo poo is magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Sure, but she's gotta have an x-gene, right? She's genetically identical to Jean, her powers just never manifested.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skwirl posted:

You can debate about whether or not a clone of a mutant counts as a mutant
Seems to in the case of the Cuckoos at least.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

There's no way that "can't have the same power as their parents" thing is still current.

That was a bullshit tax dodge not a real argument.

It's definitely not, there's Ruby Summers with both optic blasts and the ability to turn into indestructible red diamond running around in Bishop's original timeline.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Skwirl posted:

She's not a mutant. You can debate about whether or not a clone of a mutant counts as a mutant, but they generally have powers at a genetic level. All of Madelyne's poo poo is magic.

Didn't her powers fry a bunch of brains during their first visit to genosha?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

Didn't her powers fry a bunch of brains during their first visit to genosha?

She'd already become demon-ised at that point, it just wasn't fully manifesting yet.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Looking a bit closer on that layout it seems there aren't even doors between Wolvies, Cykes and Jeans rooms :heysexy:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I se Vulcan is still evil.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Has he been around since getting sucked into the cancerverse?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

were Jean and Scott a thing before this? after they both came back to life?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Parallax posted:

were Jean and Scott a thing before this? after they both came back to life?

No because didn't Scott come back after Jean and most of the rest got sucked into that Nate Grey dimension? Did we even have more than like one issue since that storyline resolved itself before jumping into HoX/PoX?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I don't think they've been around/alive at the same time until now.

But also lol that Scott and Logan have bedrooms flanking Jean's.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Really liked X-Men #1. Hepzibah flirting with Rachel is life.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, I don't think they've been around/alive at the same time until now.

But also lol that Scott and Logan have bedrooms flanking Jean's.

With connecting doors! They’re the only 3 bedrooms with doors like that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

davebo posted:

No because didn't Scott come back after Jean and most of the rest got sucked into that Nate Grey dimension? Did we even have more than like one issue since that storyline resolved itself before jumping into HoX/PoX?

The last issue of Rosenberg's run had Jean and Scott kissing and Emma and Logan looking all sad. Now it seems like they're all about polygamy and Jean is with them while Scott and Emma are probably also a thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be honest a big ol' fuckpile poly relationship is probably the happiest and healthiest way for that to go.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, X-Men #1. Cyclops was so in love with the idea of being a dad he abandoned his son (and wife) to go start X-Factor.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I thought the issue peaked a little early with the talking ape scientists

The fact that the lineup of the book was Scott's family struck me as odd until I read this issue, and now I get the feeling that it's going to genuinely be a weird extended Summers family book instead of "Here's a team of mutants with a specific agenda who are out to do specific things" way the other books seem to be.

I hate baby Cable though, I want Wade to give him a wedge and throw him back into the timestream

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Scott chatting with his dad was just :3:

Really interested to see how Cable goes from here to Fallen Angels...

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, X-Men #1. Cyclops was so in love with the idea of being a dad he abandoned his son (and wife) to go start X-Factor.

yeah it's kind of weird to throw all the Summers clan together as this one big, happy family. not that they don't deserve to be happy, but historically I think that hasn't been when they're with one another

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll give you your steak rare...medium rare.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

What's the exact deal with Teen Cable? Does he have all memories of Cable? Was he plucked from the timestream and only has memories of Cable's first 16 years? In the later case at least he would be pretty close to Jean/Scott because they spent 12 years raising him the The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

Vulcan being there seems wild. Like have he, Havok and Cyclops ever hung out before this? Also wonder if those two empty rooms are for anyone in particular.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Parallax posted:

yeah it's kind of weird to throw all the Summers clan together as this one big, happy family. not that they don't deserve to be happy, but historically I think that hasn't been when they're with one another

The rest of the issue I liked well enough and I'm not even really opposed to 'new status quo' but it was jarring to read that from the dude who was kinda reponsible for Inferno because he was a deadbeat dad.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Fritzler posted:

What's the exact deal with Teen Cable? Does he have all memories of Cable? Was he plucked from the timestream and only has memories of Cable's first 16 years? In the later case at least he would be pretty close to Jean/Scott because they spent 12 years raising him the The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

Vulcan being there seems wild. Like have he, Havok and Cyclops ever hung out before this? Also wonder if those two empty rooms are for anyone in particular.

Given the degree to which the X-people are being presumptuos lately, I'm fairly sure they expected Lorna to move in next to Alex. Alternate option depending on how cheeky Hickman is feeling: Adam the X-Treme

The last one could be Ruby... or maybe old Cable bring back old Cable dammit if there can be an old and young Spider-Man Cable can do it too

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

OnimaruXLR posted:

Given the degree to which the X-people are being presumptuos lately, I'm fairly sure they expected Lorna to move in next to Alex. Alternate option depending on how cheeky Hickman is feeling: Adam the X-Treme

The last one could be Ruby... or maybe old Cable bring back old Cable dammit if there can be an old and young Spider-Man Cable can do it too

Hell, you don't even need to leave the X-books. Old Man Logan and regular Wolverine before the latter croaked, a bunch of the young X-men and their modern counterparts were around at the same time until the former got booted back to their regular timeline...

Two of the same person at different ages around isn't all that new of a thing these days. :shrug:

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Dias posted:

This is the new “I attempted to cook a lobster.. but the beast bested me” from Thor in Hickman’s Avengers.

More stories about superheroes grilling plz.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I can't be the only one who sees Ben Affleck on the cover of this issue right? Teen cable is weird. This issue was pretty great though, having just finished reading the Claremont Era stuff I'm glad to see Rachel back.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
This is all going to lead to an on screen kiss between Wolverine and Cyclops in the MCU, which will be the highest grossing movie of all time.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

I can't be the only one who sees Ben Affleck on the cover of this issue right? Teen cable is weird. This issue was pretty great though, having just finished reading the Claremont Era stuff I'm glad to see Rachel back.

If the book does right by Rachel, all other things are forgiven. She's had such a rocky publication history.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Dias posted:

You sonofa--

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Dias posted:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
What was Doctor Gregor holding at the end of the issue? My thought was the M'Kraan Crystal but that might just be because of how much of my X-Men knowledge is from the 90s cartoon.

Gymer
May 30, 2012
An imitation Shiar logic diamond.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think I liked a lot of this a lot more than a lot of HOXPOX. Not that Krakoa isn't still a weirdo cult nation, but at least we're having a bit of fun with it.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

BrianWilly posted:

I think I liked a lot of this a lot more than a lot of HOXPOX. Not that Krakoa isn't still a weirdo cult nation, but at least we're having a bit of fun with it.

Yeah, hopefully that we've gotten the board set up, we can continue seeing a little more of what these characters are getting up to.

I enjoyed that they basically reset Vulcan as a character, because the previous version of him was poo poo and basically unusable. Always happy to see Rachel, too.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Cyke gets a lot of deserved poo poo for leaving his kid to hook up with Jean, but Logan shacking up with the Summers is kinda lovely since he has kids and clones of his own he could be spending time with on Krakoa.

The gently caress did happen to Daken? He was brought back post-Remender X-Force right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also the prologue caused me to stumble a bit when they've been going on about Genosha, then calling Krakoa the 'first mutant nation' :v:

Though who's going to fight them about that, Genosha?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Vulcan is such a piece of turd Omega mutant

Android Blues posted:

Really liked X-Men #1. Hepzibah flirting with Rachel is life.

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest a big ol' fuckpile poly relationship is probably the happiest and healthiest way for that to go.

OnimaruXLR posted:

:hmmyes:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think given the fact that we were told that Telepathic mutants specifically have the capability of being brought back to life as "legacy" versions of themselves, and that Professor X has already done so twice (which I read as the implication as to why Jean Grey is suddenly acting younger and dressing like Marvel Girl again), I'm expecting later on a surprise redebut of Old Cable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

danbanana posted:

Cyke gets a lot of deserved poo poo for leaving his kid to hook up with Jean, but Logan shacking up with the Summers is kinda lovely since he has kids and clones of his own he could be spending time with on Krakoa.

The gently caress did happen to Daken? He was brought back post-Remender X-Force right?

His kids/clones have lives of their own. Like, do you think Daken or Laura want to actually live in the same house as Logan?

Maybe that extra room is for whichever young mutant Logan is mentoring at the moment? Actually, given the history of everyone currently staying there, there should be multiple guest rooms.