Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RandomBlue posted:

Sure, maybe until the point where they drag up testimony from a loving 8 year old saying his Aunt pulled a gun out of a purse as if that's some kind of defense for the officer's actions.

The literal police force that the officer belonged to said that the presence of the gun was the victim's right, and did not justify the officer's shooting.

E: fatte catte taxxe:

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Elviscat posted:

The literal police force that the officer belonged to said that the presence of the gun was the victim's right, and did not justify the officer's shooting.

Yes, but now they're releasing testimony from an 8 year old saying she pulled out a gun as if that should have some impact.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RandomBlue posted:

Yes, but now they're releasing testimony from an 8 year old saying she pulled out a gun as if that should have some impact.

You know what document the cops released it in?

The shooter's arrest warrant.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
She wasnt an angel if shes pulling a gun and we should consider that the officer might have seen the gun and felt threatened. Anything could have happened. Someone might have even died

It would be a shame to see his life ruined. Imagine how scared he must have been to be in one of those neighborhoods. The scary ones. The ones where people get shot.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Lol jesus christ I hate cops but this is an actual example of a department doing nearly everything right in the face of a cop murdering someone. Reform has to START somewhere

I remember watching the Rodney King tape close to 30 years ago in a room of Marines in security forces who are not exactly known for being a bunch of bleeding heart liberals and to a man everyone was disgusted by what the police did.

But we thought at least now that they know that they can be vidioed maybe they would learn to behave.

That was 1991, and rather than getting better cops switched to just plain blowing black people away to the point that they only hold a news cycle when it is a particularly egregious case as this that's 28 years and the absolute most consequence one of these fuckers have faced for murder was that woman cop in Dallas who got 10 but more likely 5 years in prison and that only because she was drunk and gunned the guy down in his own home. Oh and the loving judge gave her a hug after that joke of a sentence.

This despite everyone carrying around a high definition recording device with cloud storage in their pockets, on top of body cams and dash cams as well as social media to create the necessary outrage to make the authorities perform more than even the most cursory review before putting the murdering pig back on the beat.

So I'm not going to fault anyone for not giving a police department the benefit of the doubt.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Squalid posted:

gonna have to spell this one out for me

also there were lots of Democrats like Bernie Sanders who were screaming about all the bloody murders that would inevitably follow a direct intervention. But maybe you preferred Hillary's positions on middle east conflicts. Not that Obama was especially eager to get into a more direct intervention.

So your position is that we should have just left the Syrian Kurds to their own devices in the first place?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Lol jesus christ I hate cops but this is an actual example of a department doing nearly everything right in the face of a cop murdering someone. Reform has to START somewhere

Nope, they coerced an 8 year old into saying she pulled her gun and are going to completely acquit the cop with no penalty except maybe, MAYBE losing his job. I don't know why you're giving them any credit. They're cops and they're going to defend this murderer no matter what it takes. I'll believe they're doing anything right when I actually see the cop tried for capital murder.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Elviscat posted:

You know what document the cops released it in?

The shooter's arrest warrant.

“I feared for my life.” And he gets maybe 5 years.

And in a month that 8 year old will be dead from a random drug deal gone bad.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

BigglesSWE posted:

Before long, we’ll have a genuine “can’t have an election during an impeachment hoax” talking point.
Trump has gone on record saying that his term should be extended to make up for the time he feels was lost due to the "Presidential Harassment," which is his term for people looking into his crimes. So, that talking point has basically already been around for a few months.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Drunk Theory posted:

“I feared for my life.” And he gets maybe 5 years.

And in a month that 8 year old will be dead from a random drug deal gone bad.

Kid shouldn't have tried to drive across the state with a few pounds of weed. :clint:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BigglesSWE posted:

Before long, we’ll have a genuine “can’t have an election during an impeachment hoax” talking point.

I feel like Trump floated this one already but I might be misremembering

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Nate shaking like an earthquake when called on Pete’s flipflop on M4A

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1184670130996989952

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/jheil/status/1184544147207806976?s=21

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I feel like we should have one of Trump's lines in his crazy letter as title of the thread.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.wbal.com/article/415818/40/maryland-congressman-elijah-e-cummings-has-passed-away

Maryland Congressman Elijah E. Cummings Has Passed Away

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Holy poo poo, that was sudden. Dude was like one of the tips of the trident aimed at Trump's rear end on impeachment. Wonder who gets his chairmanship now?

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

nine-gear crow posted:

Holy poo poo, that was sudden. Dude was like one of the tips of the trident aimed at Trump's rear end on impeachment. Wonder who gets his chairmanship now?

Say hello to new chair of House Oversight, Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

gently caress.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Frabba posted:

Say hello to new chair of House Oversight, Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Stop it.

Vice Chair is Katie Hill, noted cool person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hill_(politician)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is gonna say something dumb about Elijah Cummings I bet. It's probably gonna be real dumb. Like....super dumb

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

What the gently caress

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

empty whippet box posted:

Trump is gonna say something dumb about Elijah Cummings I bet. It's probably gonna be real dumb. Like....super dumb

He is going to say something like "Elijah Cummings hated living in his district so much he died"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Wow, rip Cummings. That sucks.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Aw man.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1184759195838681088

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Much respect to a real one. RIP

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah Trump's getting poo poo on.

I wonder if this will even get back to him. I wouldn't want to deliver that news.

Maybe one of the Fox News people will report it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

No wonder people tune out of politics. This is too much.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I am really not looking forward to Trump's tweet. I feel like it is going to be super sarcastic

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 17, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
He’s finally gonna openly say the n word. This is his moms spaghetti moment.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It is so going to mention the investigation

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

I've tried for the last 5 minutes to come up with a response, but there's just so much wrong here. Dude clearly has no clue about strategy, history, or does he even care who is killed as long as he gets...elected i guess?

The quote from the Turkish foreign rep on NPR was just a long line of fire emojis. They basically dismissed the letter because it was "ridiculous" and included a letter from the Kurdish general that Turkey considers a terrorist. Dude has zero concept of how diplomacy works or why including a letter from someone the Turks had no interest in negotiating with just blares that all the adults in the room have vanished and our idiot king is just spouting nonsense that's actually starting to catch up with him

e: and the worst part is that he's loving PROUD OF IT. like spreading copies of the letter like it's some good boy manifesto and not a laughingstock of diplomacy

ee:

quote:

Mr. Trump then began a speech about a “nasty” letter he had sent to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, which he said was proof that he had not given the Turkish leader a green light to advance Turkish forces into Syria. Mr. Trump then directed Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the Republican minority leader, to pass copies of the letter around the table.
AHAHAHAH

ewiley fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 17, 2019

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

We need more like him.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

I mean goddamn who loving tries to make a deal after removing all of their own leverage!? He removed the troops that were keeping Turkey from invading THEN sends a letter about making a deal.

President DEALS everyone! Making DEALS!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am really not looking forward to Trump's tweet. I feel like it is going to be super sarcastic

He treated Your president VERY badly (me), so many people called me and said "Sir, it's unfair he TREATED YOU so Badly, maybe the worst treatment any president has ever seen!" (Me, your president)

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Also I literally had to check that I correctly heard this was a sitting, non-retiring Republican MOC making these statements about Trump directly.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/16/770712212/gop-rep-adam-kinzinger-weighs-in-on-trumps-decision-to-pull-u-s-troops-from-syri

quote:

CORNISH: So is it a mistake? And is it one that you think...

KINZINGER: Huge.

CORNISH: ...The Trump administration understands?

KINZINGER: You know, I - it's a huge mistake, and I - my take on what the president - I think he understands it, and he's just doubling-down to prove he's right. And that's very dangerous. It's very wrong. If he doesn't see the mistake, that's concerning because it didn't take very long - it took a handful of hours after the announcement was made for the Turks to continue their onslaught. And when they tell you, you know, look. We want to stop endless wars, 50 troops in northern Syria were preventing a war. That's about as stopping endless wars as you can get. And now we're seeing the commencement of a 200-year-old fight that's going to be endless.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

I just moved into Cummings’s district and was enjoying having and looking forward to voting for a badass rep. I’m from Ohio so you know that had never happened before. RIP to a real one.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Elijah Cummings, Powerful Democrat Who Investigated Trump, Dies at 68 https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/us/politics/elijah-cummings-dead.html

E:fb

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pollyanna posted:

No wonder people tune out of politics. This is too much.

This is like... ten years worth of political happenings stuffed into five days.

RIP Mr. Cummings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ewiley posted:

I mean goddamn who loving tries to make a deal after removing all of their own leverage!? He removed the troops that were keeping Turkey from invading THEN sends a letter about making a deal.

President DEALS everyone! Making DEALS!

Politoon with Obama pulling the GAS PRICES and ECONOMY lever but it's trump with just a TURKISH ECONOMY lever and also trump believes it is real.