Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Woke up to news on Cummings and my heart sunk. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

We all know how this goes down.

There's going to be some vaguely appropriate statement that his staff came up with that he'll deliver.

After that he won't be able to shut up, he won't be able to help himself. There'll be the "Even though he was very unfair to me" and then buckle up people we're taking a day-trip to crazy-town.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Deptfordx posted:

There's going to be some vaguely appropriate statement that his staff came up with that he'll deliver.

After that he won't be able to shut up, he won't be able to help himself. There'll be the "Even though he was very unfair to me" and then buckle up people we're taking a day-trip to crazy-town.

We've been stranded in crazy-town for 1001 days.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Judd is doing some good work helping us understand the rot within facebook's political ad policies. This poo poo is outright malicious.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1184795232107413504?s=20

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
I do hope that they do a full autopsy. I wouldn't put it pass Trump and his cronies to "take care" of the impeachment in some other ways.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184799768964456448

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It fuckin sucks must obit headlines list investigating Trump like that was the main thrust of who he was.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
The things you miss when you're asleep. Looks like things are really heating up for Trump now. Watching him melt down on Twitter is glorious.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I’m sorry, but is he living in opposite land or something?
Oh no, we made the world a better place by tackling disease and climate change. The horror!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Deptfordx posted:

USPOL Fall: 1001 Consecutive Day Trips to Crazy-Town

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am really not looking forward to Trump's tweet. I feel like it is going to be super sarcastic

It sucks that everything needs to be run through the filter of "What does Trump have to say about this"

Do you think when he leaves office, he'll just live at the Fox News desk, or will they set up a mini-studio in his house so he can comment on every single thing and how it was so much better when he was running things?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It fuckin sucks must obit headlines list investigating Trump like that was the main thrust of who he was.

Yeah 68 year old politician, leader, family, civil rights hero, they lead with "investigated Trump". We really do live in his loving head now

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Helith posted:

Oh no, we made the world a better place by tackling disease and climate change. The horror!

i mean this is just republican 101, not trump

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/baltimoresun/status/1184762209290899456?s=21

:(

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

What's a catchy way to describe the net gain from higher taxes but lower costs of not paying for health insurance? There's got to be a good way to describe it.

e:

Helith posted:

But what about shareholder value?!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Gamerofthegame posted:

i mean this is just republican 101, not trump

This is why America doesn't have nice things.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

fuckity bollocks

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Helith posted:

To the Republican party, that message is on point. Democrats want to do things that benefit THE POORS. Trump passed a huge tax cut for THE RICH. As far as the Republicans are concerned, Trump has done the only thing they wanted him to do. I don't think Bush would have even let that tax bill pass.

The Republicans love Trump because he rubber stamps everything and draws all the racists and bigots that were on the fringe fully into their base and they don't even have to dirty their hands. Unless you are Steve King, and the Republicans want to get rid of him because he isn't a puppet for the rich, he's just a crazy white supremacist.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ewiley posted:

What's a catchy way to describe the net gain from higher taxes but lower costs of not paying for health insurance? There's got to be a good way to describe it.

Let's build ourselves some health care

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

ewiley posted:

I've tried for the last 5 minutes to come up with a response, but there's just so much wrong here. Dude clearly has no clue about strategy, history, or does he even care who is killed as long as he gets...elected i guess?

The quote from the Turkish foreign rep on NPR was just a long line of fire emojis. They basically dismissed the letter because it was "ridiculous" and included a letter from the Kurdish general that Turkey considers a terrorist. Dude has zero concept of how diplomacy works or why including a letter from someone the Turks had no interest in negotiating with just blares that all the adults in the room have vanished and our idiot king is just spouting nonsense that's actually starting to catch up with him

e: and the worst part is that he's loving PROUD OF IT. like spreading copies of the letter like it's some good boy manifesto and not a laughingstock of diplomacy

ee:

AHAHAHAH

Hope this gets rubbed in Trump's face

quote:

he "thoroughly rejected it, threw it in the bin" and launched the #Syria operation the same day. His mind was already made up to move in; letter was reportedly the final straw
https://twitter.com/marklowen/status/1184745162175635456?s=20

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hahaha he made it that much worse

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The Great Negotiator, knows more than The Generals

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

USPOL Fall: 1001 Consecutive Day Trips to Crazy-Town

Crimes my baby
Crimes crimes my baby
Impeachment war cry
Sugar
Baby

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Why do people like Cummings die at 68 while these ghouls just hang around forever... drat, RIP

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

SchrodingersCat posted:

To the Republican party, that message is on point. Democrats want to do things that benefit THE POORS. Trump passed a huge tax cut for THE RICH. As far as the Republicans are concerned, Trump has done the only thing they wanted him to do. I don't think Bush would have even let that tax bill pass.

The Republicans love Trump because he rubber stamps everything and draws all the racists and bigots that were on the fringe fully into their base and they don't even have to dirty their hands. Unless you are Steve King, and the Republicans want to get rid of him because he isn't a puppet for the rich, he's just a crazy white supremacist.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1184810333879394305

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ewiley posted:

e:

Do you want to pay $$$$$ every month or $$ once a year for the same thing?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Helith posted:

Conservatives are nihilistic death cultists

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Why do people like Cummings die at 68 while these ghouls just hang around forever... drat, RIP

I think there's something to be said about moral bankruptcy lowering your stress levels significantly.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If i am a head of state and I read that letter I probably don’t stop laughing for at least 5 minutes, then chuck it in the trash

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/PresVillain/status/1184806715730075649?s=20

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

ewiley posted:

e:

Overall costs go down. Listen to Warren's messaging on the subject. She's clearly communicating every time they try to pin her saying "but but but MY TAXES" with a message that overall costs for middle and lower class folks will decrease.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Ooof, actively confirmed starting wars because of bungled diplomacy. Don't forget Trump literally said he's not concerned about filling senior position at the State Department because HE's the only one that matters in diplomacy. If this doesn't get Graham and the other hawks to turn on Trump I don't know what would.

Barry Foster posted:

Conservatives are nihilistic death cultists

All hail shareholder value, the one and true goal of all human enterprise.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Having a conscience and caring about the world around you takes a toll emotionally, and eventually physically.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Overall costs go down. Listen to Warren's messaging on the subject. She's clearly communicating every time they try to pin her saying "but but but MY TAXES" with a message that overall costs for middle and lower class folks will decrease.

If that does even happen. It turns out that Warren and her team hasn't even started looking into revenues methods to pay for M4A.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

teen witch posted:

Crimes my baby
Crimes crimes my baby
Impeachment war cry
Subpoenas
Baby

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Apparently Erdogan reversed course and is taking a meeting with pence.

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1184812887971418117?s=20

edit or apparently the initial reporting of Erdogan refusing the meeting was incorrect.

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1184813473173311488?s=20

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Luckyellow posted:

If that does even happen. It turns out that Warren and her team hasn't even started looking into revenues methods to pay for M4A.

Literally you just raise FICA taxes. When businesses don't have to pay for healthcare (theoretically) they have more money available to pay workers, which then becomes a wash when you raise their income taxes. Businesses then stop paying for insurance and start paying taxes to the US government at roughly the same amounts they were self-funding their insurance for.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Luckyellow posted:

M4A reduces costs of medical coverage because it sets prices on medical care rather than letting doctors and insurance play a game of who can write the most 0s into the bill.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Things are going great.

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1184812887971418117?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

i am harry posted:

M4A reduces costs of medical coverage because it sets prices on medical care rather than letting doctors and insurance play a game of who can write the most 0s into the bill.

That and you don't have a dozen middle-persons managing claims, advancing payments to DR offices and providers so they can make rent, seeking payments from consumers, setting rates, sending lawyers to bankruptcy courts, collection agencies, etc etc. These are really the entrenched opposition to M4A.