Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Truga posted:

tbf, this would work if even just 10% of the country went and did it because what are the cops gonna do, they can't jail literally millions of people (yet).

XR doesn't have nearly that many people behind them yet tho, i think they're getting a bit ahead of themselves lmao

what if only 5% did it, but to both hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Brexit really is like watching Dragonball Z back when I was 12, breathless excitement mixed in with absolute constant blue balls.

Will Britain transform into a garbage dump this episode??? No, goddamnit, they spent the whole episode yelling progressively louder while glowing. Maybe next time???

*misses episode*
Wait what happened to Bercow?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

the extinction rebellion loves police and is cancelled

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Truga posted:

tbf, this would work if even just 10% of the country went and did it because what are the cops gonna do, they can't jail literally millions of people (yet).

XR doesn't have nearly that many people behind them yet tho, i think they're getting a bit ahead of themselves lmao

Work at what? Annoying the police? What does this have to do with climate change go glue yourselves to some fracking ceos ffs

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
police are the ones protecting the ceos. if they're swamped by bullshit they won't be able to

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

*Sigh*

Should have vote-of-no-confidence'd him weeks ago.

Now there's gonna be more mess.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

excited for this to be deal or no deal until the last moment, when it gets extended and we get to replay this all over again in six months with PM reese mogg

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Ah, good, a brexit diagram. Time to take a big sip of coffee and see how well it correlates to the future

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Does anyone even know what the new deal is?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dance Officer posted:

Does anyone even know what the new deal is?

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1184822872063258624?s=19

quote:

Northern Ireland remains in the United Kingdom's customs territory but all EU procedures will apply to goods arriving there in this complex system. There will be no customs checks on the island of Ireland - they will be done in ports.

The Northern Irish assembly will have to give consent after Brexit for the region's continued alignment with the EU regulatory regime.

Four years after Brexit, the assembly will have to decide by simple majority of those taking part in the vote whether to apply it. If the vote is positive, the system is extended for another four years.

If another vote then is positive with cross-community support, the system is extended by another eight years until another vote.

If consent is not granted, there is a two-year cooling off period during which sides need to find a new solution to prevent the return of a hard border on the island of Ireland.

So it's pretty much infinite Brexit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Unlimited Crisis on Infinite Brexits

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Ape Fist posted:

Living in Belfast with 3 small kids I don't really have the luxury of being able to sit back and watch the UK burn from my deck chair with a pint.

Have I got A Modest Proposal for you.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

twoday posted:

Four years after Brexit

Infinity plus 4 is still infinity.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lmao, so it's just the May deal again? Any chance parliament accepting it this time? Probably not

Extension, here we come! See you at spring Brexit

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I'm sure this is the madcap scheme that finally pays off for Boris and co

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mays deal but put forward by an even more unpopular pm

What happened to bojo being required to ask for an extension? Was it stupidly written enough that he can just not if he pretends to get a deal?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Hentai Jihadist posted:

What happened to bojo being required to ask for an extension? Was it stupidly written enough that he can just not if he pretends to get a deal?

no the deal has to be approved by the commons or it doesnt count

(i checked because i was wondering the same thing)

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Hentai Jihadist posted:

he has until saturday to get this deal past parliament, then he has to ask for an extension

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Can't post it right now but google Vicar of Dibley and Deal or No Deal

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HMFWW7oXP0

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1184858642199252992?s=19

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

there is always more and it is always Brexit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Truga posted:

Lol the cops would just set up new courts to speed people through super fast and then schedule people to go to prison for staggered sentences.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

The cops would just put everyone on license and take their property from them.

XR is a police trap for well meaning people. This is why they their "leaderless movement" organises campaigns to get its membership arrested, and disrupts public transport.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol juncker thought he could see a way out of the foreverexit, but no, it rolls on

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
brexitstar gallictica

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Moon god?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

That awkward moment when you need to play along with local superstition despite knowing that your gran is God's Supreme Representative on Earth.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
inspired by recent discussions, I've concluded that the best name for a car is the "Ford Meatus"

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

lol juncker thought he could see a way out of the foreverexit, but no, it rolls on

I read that as "EU leaves door open in extension to blow Boris Johnson"

:barf:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

No True Brexit

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

ahahaha look at his face holy gently caress

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Martout posted:

ahahaha look at his face holy gently caress

i'd rather not

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Spergin Morlock posted:

i'd rather not

then why do you have several of him in your avatar hmm?!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Martout posted:

then why do you have several of him in your avatar hmm?!

:thunk: :hmmyes:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

RobattoJesus posted:

I read that as "EU leaves door open in extension to blow Boris Johnson"

Well it would need an extension wouldn't it!!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Continuity IRA:

Clyde Radcliffe has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Oct 18, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's time to play... Brexit or no Brexit

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

So do we get 6 more months of brexit or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Two brexits in every garage