Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Surprised Trump didn’t try to fire him via Twitter before he could resign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He announced this months ago I feel.

Also I wish there was still a republican senator who forced jimmy carter to give up his peanut farm.

Did anyone ever ask hatch before he stopped answering questions?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

theflyingorc posted:

White people who came from middle class families and are now finding themselves poor actually are caring a whole shitload about this.

Nowhere near enough care and most will gladly sacrifice their own and their families future to gently caress over minorities

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

on one hand this is like the fifth time this story has 'broke' but on the other this is the first time it was phrased as Perry turning in his resignation and not just 'he'll probably leave' so this could be legit.

RIP Rickolas, somehow you were one of the least corrupt and lovely guys, you still suck though

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

They got rich in the first dot com bubble and early 00's boom and money destroyed their minds. Like literally that whole generation went from screaming about the world is watching while throwing tear gas cans at police in Seattle in 1998, to spending hours configuring their Tesla P100D juuuuust right after getting a $200k bonus stock award from their job at Google.

Yep and before the tech boom, the common wisdom was that we could never get jobs or compete with boomers.

Basically we were braced for exactly what happened to the generation behind us, and lucked out.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Prester Jane posted:

(The privileged white computer touchers in this thread really just have no relevant life experiences with what actual leadership is- that's my hot take on me this debate.)
I mean, I expect by default that anyone I'll interact with that has some kind of leadership role to be massively incompetent at best and more typically actively malicious, but it's not something I desire in a leader. So... eh, I guess you're right, regardless. :v:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
The first time you poo poo yourself on stage, it sounds like a dumb excuse when you say you did it on purpose. When you keep making GBS threads yourself on stage, over and over, to the point that people are passing out from the odor, it starts looking intentional after all.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

Gore, Kerey, and Hillary all ran as triangulating centrists. How'd that work out for them?

I would argue it's not even centrist policy or naked triangulation that sunk them, although that certainly didn't help.

The fact is, none of those people could connect or relate to regular people in a way that seemed even slightly genuine. Al Gore lived in a hotel for ten years, Hillary hasn't driven herself in a car since the 1980s, etc. The connection just isn't there, and attempts to manufacture it fell incredibly flat.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Chuds are going to clog the courts for fifty years, hurray.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1184910841449242625

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Because they got some money while things were getting better and now don't give a gently caress that things are getting worse.

It's pretty much this. We've not been throat-stomped by bad policy like the Millennials, so on the balance we're more "centrist" which in America means right-leaning. If you managed to establish and build your career before the great financial meltdown then you're probably doing OK now.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
are jay sekulow and rudy both trumps personal lawyer?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Uh oh

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1184931175313354753

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Flapjack Monty posted:

I mean, I expect by default that anyone I'll interact with that has some kind of leadership role to be massively incompetent at best and more typically actively malicious, but it's not something I desire in a leader. So... eh, I guess you're right, regardless. :v:

I would argue that you've only ever experienced managers, and managers are distinctly different from leaders. Management is about being in charge of apportioning labor needs, leadership is about uniting people in accomplishing a common goal. These are radically different skill-sets- completely unrelated to each pther in all honesty.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Congratulations to White House Chief of Staff Sean Hannity

:lol:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Prester Jane posted:

I would argue that you've only ever experienced managers, and managers are distinctly different from leaders. Management is about being in charge of apportioning labor needs, leadership is about uniting people in accomplishing a common goal. These are radically different skill-sets- completely unrelated to each pther in all honesty.

Excuse me, according to the corporate executives that send me to leadership training all the time my job entails both managing and leading, thank you.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

If you heard a loud thump outside your window that was the bus speeding over mulvaney's corpse.

Who is going to do all of his jobs?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I would argue it's not even centrist policy or naked triangulation that sunk them, although that certainly didn't help.

The fact is, none of those people could connect or relate to regular people in a way that seemed even slightly genuine. Al Gore lived in a hotel for ten years, Hillary hasn't driven herself in a car since the 1980s, etc. The connection just isn't there, and attempts to manufacture it fell incredibly flat.

Yeah man the indebted multimillionaire with a loving actual Golden Toilet and thinks you need an ID to buy groceries is totally in touch with the middle and working class of America, and not just a lot of Americans are incredibly stupid and racist

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

As a former manager, I only got good at it and liked by my people when I became a better leader. It also contributed to me quitting because actually caring about your employees makes it really loving miserable when you are ordered to fire them

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He did that on AM radio though, not even Trump will hear it

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

skylined! posted:

If you heard a loud thump outside your window that was the bus speeding over mulvaney's corpse.

Oh yeah, Mick's done. That was sort of assumed when he said what he said but this Hannity poo poo is like Michael giving Fredo the big kiss in Havana. Nice knowing ya, Mick. Get hosed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

He did that on AM radio though, not even Trump will hear it

Its still a lot of friendly fire.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

TulliusCicero posted:

Yeah man the indebted multimillionaire with a loving actual Golden Toilet and thinks you need an ID to buy groceries is totally in touch with the middle and working class of America, and not just a lot of Americans are incredibly stupid and racist

Well, IMO you're both right. America really had two hated, out of touch rich people to choose from in 2016 and yeah, they picked the racist one who stomped out the dogwhistle for good. I don't think y'all are really disagreeing here, you're both right.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

skylined! posted:

Whose going to do all that AND not 25th him?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

Oh yeah, Mick's done. That was sort of assumed when he said what he said but this Hannity poo poo is like Michael giving Fredo the big kiss in Havana. Nice knowing ya, Mick. Get hosed.

there are 3 above all else in Trumpworld: Trump, Guiliani, and Hannity

And one of the Triumvirate has voiced their displeasure. Mulvaney's head will roll

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Lordstown is still going to close though so it's it's the majority of the UAW making money while leaving others behind.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

skylined! posted:

Chuds are going to clog the courts for fifty years, hurray.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1184910841449242625

So what’s the options we have if Dems take over after 2020? Can lovely judges be bounced out?

Violator
May 15, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

More like the backstage report a few hours before Nitro that there was a tiger in a cage in the back that almost bit someone and no one knew why the tiger was there. The tiger never appeared on the show. But wrestlers were just grabbing mics and going out to cut random promos on live tv because a script had not been created. Just complete chaos.

I will take that right now.

Nah, Steiner brought the tiger out on camera and it almost bit Mysterio backstage.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ringo Star Get posted:

So what’s the options we have if Dems take over after 2020? Can lovely judges be bounced out?

It requires impeachment, it's roughly as hard as removing the president.

They can re-do the court system some to help.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ringo Star Get posted:

Stack the courts, expand districts, hope that these thirty-something year-old judges do something heinous (likely) and embarrass themselves out of their seat.

Murkowski will eventually attempt to vote 'present' at the impeachment trial.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1184935543303557131

skylined! fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 17, 2019

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Ringo Star Get posted:

No, it's a lifetime appointment, the american public would have to develop some balls and work outside the system to fix that particular problem.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ringo Star Get posted:

They'll be loving Congress. They could do basically whatever they can get 50%+1 votes to agree to.

They won't do poo poo though.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Ringo Star Get posted:

you'd have more luck framing the federal judges for felonies than hoping that congress would impeach any judge

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rent-A-Cop posted:

They'll be loving Congress. They could do basically whatever they can get 50%+1 votes to agree to.

They won't do poo poo though.

This is wrong, they would need to be impeached with full impeachment hearings

Here is a very long list of federal judges who have faced impeachment proceedings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_investigations_of_United_States_federal_judges

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rime posted:

No, it's a lifetime appointment, the american public would have to develop some balls and work outside the system to fix that particular problem.

:thunk:

skylined! posted:

Stack the courts, expand districts, hope that these thirty-something year-old judges do something heinous (likely) and embarrass themselves out of their seat.

Murkowski will eventually attempt to vote 'present' at the impeachment trial.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1184935543303557131

yeah this

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I've been otherwise distracted, but holy gently caress that agreement literally reads like terms of unconditional surrender

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lordstown is still going to close though so it's it's the majority of the UAW making money while leaving others behind.

And in the case of Lordstown, leaving behind an area that has already been hit hard by the decline of American manufacturing.

But GM knew what it was doing. They are willing to sacrifice paying the workforce more because they know that they’re still slowly chipping away at the UAW’s power by shifting more and more jobs overseas.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Mahoning posted:

And in the case of Lordstown, leaving behind an area that has already been hit hard by the decline of American manufacturing.

But GM knew what it was doing. They are willing to sacrifice paying the workforce more because they know that they’re still slowly chipping away at the UAW’s power by shifting more and more jobs overseas.

Joke's on GM, this generation isn't buying cars anymore.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Like that's not hyperbole, 'forced disarmament, forced displacement, and forced destruction of all defensive positions' are things you hear in terms of unconditional surrender

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

Joke's on GM, this generation isn't buying cars anymore.

They are, just not as many and different kinds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

cargo cult posted:

young white males especially gen Z still break pretty hard for the GOP

If you grade that lovely group on a curve, his demographic doom is still there. Compare young white males to old white males. If in a given red small county Trump loses 1,000 MAGA Chuds in 2019 to the reaper and 600 young MAGA CHUDS register to vote and the population remains the same, he still lost ground demographically.

Its not enough for him to keep his 2016 vote (he wont), he has to do BETTER or depress the Dems MORE (lol, no)