Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

When I run for President I will come out to "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy." and depart to "Luv me, luv me" by Shaggy and will just play "Wasn't me" whenever I'm asked incriminating questions. My campaign songs will be Weird Al and Loney Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Google Butt posted:

Thread title "Trump says sir a lot, then begins railing about Hillary Clinton's emails."

Lmao it’s so loving good at describing every speech he’s ever given

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1185001332039655424

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Uh is this the r word I'm thinking of?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TulliusCicero posted:

Remember, boomers are in a constant state of nostalgia thinking they are still anti-establishment hippies, when in reality they are the most selfish war mongering generation alive

the anti establishment hippies are still largely good as olds, there was just a genuine silent majority stewing in their racist juices

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mummy Xzibit posted:

As in Trump r word his ex wife

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Grape without the G

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mummy Xzibit posted:

ravish

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Gatts posted:

So he'll vote for the type of people that put him in a bad spot because....?

Own the libs?

I mean hell I live in Ohio, maybe I should walk outside and ask him or something but I'm brown so I'm concerned I may be shot.

I worked for 4 months in Ohio a few years ago. The ratio of normal people to stupid, possibly inbred Republican voters was the worst I've ever seen. Also, lots of child molesters.

It was the weirdest, saddest 4 months of my career.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ohio is a very bad state and Trump can get blown the gently caress out in 2020 and still probably win it. No sense paying it any mind.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Children are great gifts from God tho guys

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Rep. Elijah Cummings' First House Floor Speech
"Watch the inspirational poem that Rep. Elijah Cummings read in his first floor speech to Congress in 1996."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6ZhFIqpBAg

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ohio is a very bad state and Trump can get blown the gently caress out in 2020 and still probably win it. No sense paying it any mind.

He might win it this time but it'll be within a couple points; it will not be the 9-point relative blowout it was.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

He might win it this time but it'll be within a couple points; it will not be the 9-point relative blowout it was.

On the plus side North Carolina and Arizona going blue offsets Ohio for the future.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sjs00 posted:

Children are great gifts from God tho guys

I don't know, we let one be President and that's not working out so well.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Boy, Fox News seemingly just let their hosts punt tonight and Hannity and Ingraham were essentially just pre-empted by rally coverage. Pretty telling choice, IMO.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

We have a nutto as Governor who swore in on a stack of 9 bibles or something, and outside of 1 Senator and one district Congressional Rep which encompasses Cleveland and Akron which are two different cities, like, everyone is a GOP nutbar

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

On the plus side North Carolina and Arizona going blue offsets Ohio for the future.

Don't forget Iowa. I'm pretty sure it's gonna flip. There's a competitive Senate race.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Cincinnati made it illegal to be homeless.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Kurieg posted:

The economy is great except for the economy.

Eh, this is a pretty normal attitude to be honest. "Can't make ends meet" is just a default state for a lot of people and not something that's immediately associated with a bad economy. Can't get a job and your car is being repo'd or your house is about to be foreclosed on? Economy is hosed. Plenty of jobs, but you're still behind on a few bills all the time and one unexpected expense will ruin your life? Economy is great!

Also the economy is automatically good if your guy is in the oval office, but I don't think that's a purely Republican trait.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

District 11 has Marcia Fudge who is a Democrat and part of the Progressive Caucus. I'd prefer her but the rest of the state...it's some nice Gerrymander.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Don't forget Iowa. I'm pretty sure it's gonna flip. There's a competitive Senate race.

Iowa actually voted for Obama twice so it’s certainly possible.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You gotta get trees just the right height before you get the tax cuts

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Gatts posted:

District 11 has Marcia Fudge who is a Democrat and part of the Progressive Caucus. I'd prefer her but the rest of the state...it's some nice Gerrymander.

I am reminded of this:

(Which was before the most recent redistricting)

Edit: actually a lot of districts in that map were insane:

Compare to current one, which at least vaguely matches districts to communities:

(At least upstate, don't know much about the NYC portion)

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 18, 2019

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

SchrodingersCat posted:

I worked for 4 months in Ohio a few years ago. The ratio of normal people to stupid, possibly inbred Republican voters was the worst I've ever seen. Also, lots of child molesters.

It was the weirdest, saddest 4 months of my career.

Ohio and Pennsylvania are full of white people who have somehow avoided understanding any basic facts about the world throughout their entire lives. The cities are alright, but goddamn do rural and suburban PA and OH people live in a loving bubble.

Amongst the worst I remember was driving down I-376 through Pittsburgh like 15-ish years ago and getting caught in traffic while the cops shut down the highway for Dick Cheney to speak at an outdoor location. We got out of our cars and a white woman in a truck was livid, literally screaming “who the hell is ‘Dick Chainy’ and why do we have to wait for him?” at the folks nearby.

While I support ignoring Dick Cheney and was also mad that rear end-wipe held us up, I also was a bit shocked to meet a literal grown-rear end woman who had no idea who the Vice President of the United States was. He’d been around for like 6 years at this point, lady. Jesus.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

look at all those loving lapdogs drooling over the ultimate lap dog.

They were definately guaranteed ordered to be there. Trump enjoys his highest disapproval rating in the Air Force out of all the branches.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

OddObserver posted:

Edit: actually a lot of districts in that map were insane:

I'm the 3.5 hour drive from Ithaca to Newburgh in District 22 so that they could put like every mid-state SUNY in the same district. :wtc:

qmark
Nov 21, 2005

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus Christ, can we just go back in time and prevent email from being created so I don't have to hear about Hillary Clinton's loving emails ever again

Yes, but before the deed is done I want a little more time to savor the White House staffer (twice) emailing the GOP talking points to the House Dems.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
The navy actually hates trump a little bit more in polls, but yeah. He’s not popular among the military.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Ripoff posted:

While I support ignoring Dick Cheney and was also mad that rear end-wipe held us up, I also was a bit shocked to meet a literal grown-rear end woman who had no idea who the Vice President of the United States was. He’d been around for like 6 years at this point, lady. Jesus.

I had to name Dick Cheney as the VP for my citizenship exam. That was pretty close to 2000, so it was not very pleasant to say it.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.

Skex posted:

You know how I know this? Because I'm watching my 11 year old daughter work through her, I mean they're sexuality and while it may seem weird to me because of how I grew up, it's this beautiful amazing thing to see because that just never would have happened when I was a child in the 80s, so as bad things may be now with Trump and the loving Nazis trying their damnedest to turn back the clock I listen to the journey my children are going through and I feel hope. You should too.

This is pretty great, good on you.

It's comments like that that give me some hope, as I masochistically listen to the Trump rally live.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Jesus, listen to this poo poo.

I do not like the president. Sorry if this offends.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

thegalagakid posted:

They were definately guaranteed ordered to be there. Trump enjoys his highest disapproval rating in the Air Force out of all the branches.

just like I had to point out to the other guy, they're all gleefully video/photographing the poo poo show so gently caress em

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

thegalagakid posted:

Nah, for small events the leadership will ask for volunteers first. I have been asked if I wanted to put my name in for one of Pence's visits and I declined.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 18, 2019

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the anti establishment hippies are still largely good as olds, there was just a genuine silent majority stewing in their racist juices

They claim to be reformed hippies who 'grew up' when the closest they came to an anti-war protest was sleeping poorly after panicking at the thought of having to claim a draft exemption if they ever got called up.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Expect some tweets

https://twitter.com/MarthaRaddatz/status/1185021937812148225

But also this
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1185023230677082112

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Data Graham posted:

Hahaha he made it that much worse

Let’s make a good deal!
Let’s make a good deal!
Let’s make a good deal!

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
poo poo heads want recognition for saying that things are on fire now but had nothing to say about the president running around pouring gas all over everything and tossing lit matches.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

But is any of this going to actually count against Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Texas: well known fans of Louis Vuitton

Also that Mattis comment :discourse: