Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i just caught up with dr. stone and needed something ty

dr stone whips rear end, good choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dr. Killjoy posted:

will menaker, failson who terribly worked a job at a NY publisher in a world where no one reads books, ny media power structure nepotism case

matt christman, unemployed Ohioan failson supported by a librarian wife, ny media power structure nepotism case

felix biederman, Chicagoan failson whose lawyer dad died 15 years ago and pursued a productive career in bouncing and garbage collection, ny media power structure nepotism case

lol the seriousposts to defend ru stans

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Bip Roberts posted:

lol the seriousposts to defend ru stans

"jokes on you I was only pretending to be retarded"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

"jokes on you I was only pretending to be retarded"

welcum to cspam
please stay

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
idk i object to calling matt a failson. he meets all the criteria aside from Gaming, but i feel bad calling some disabled schmuck a failson

he definitely has a failson's fashion sense though

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Halloween Jack posted:

I wanna say the only victory Peterson could get over Zizek is if Zizek actually read his books, but Zizek would probably have a grand old time doing it.

I think he said that he'd read half of both of them which is probably plenty. Peterson meanwhile said months before the debate that he'd picked up some of Zizek's books, then didn't read any of them and settled for the half-assed communist manifesto reading.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Goon Danton posted:

I never watched that because Peterson sucks to listen to, was it entertaining?

like all great moments in history, before it seems impossible and afterwards it seems inevitable

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

what did zezek say about trans people

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

gh0stpinballa posted:

what did zezek say about trans people

it's not about what he said about trans people its what he didn't say about transpeople, and the way he didn't say it

specifically he didn't say transpeople are everything and the way he didn't say it was pretty creepy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

lol you think they would get anywhere without being born into the ny media power structure?

Trillbillies, bro :megadeath:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Victory Position posted:

But Terrance has been on a tear lately about how they're clearly upper-middle class bourgeois! They got all those fancy degrees and high paying jobs! They're management!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

will menaker, failson who terribly worked a job at a NY publisher in a world where no one reads books, ny media power structure nepotism case

matt christman, unemployed Ohioan failson supported by a librarian wife, ny media power structure nepotism case

felix biederman, Chicagoan failson whose lawyer dad died 15 years ago and pursued a productive career in bouncing and garbage collection, ny media power structure nepotism case

people come from all over the world to live in new york city and be friends with the vampire weekend guy

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

ur in my world now posted:

idk i object to calling matt a failson. he meets all the criteria aside from Gaming, but i feel bad calling some disabled schmuck a failson

he definitely has a failson's fashion sense though

he's not a failson, he's an oaf of letters

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

redneck nazgul posted:

he's not a failson, he's an oaf of letters

yes. he may live in *pace guy voice* new york city now but he'll always be a product of america's great oaf belt

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
am I the only one that can't hear Zizek talk without feeling queezy from the constant snorts and slobber

like he's funny and makes interesting points but jesus I can't stand to listen to his voice

he's like a bob dylan song

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Hey am I the only one that cannot find Chapo episodes pre 2017 on app?

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

zegermans posted:

am I the only one that can't hear Zizek talk without feeling queezy from the constant snorts and slobber

like he's funny and makes interesting points but jesus I can't stand to listen to his voice

he's like a bob dylan song

*snort* *wheeze* shut zhe gently caress up *clears throat* zegermans, zish I proposhe

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey am I the only one that cannot find Chapo episodes pre 2017 on app?

I was just looking for some older ones yesterday and had the same problem.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I think the RSS feed cuts out after a certain number of episodes, a lot of podcasts have the same problem

All the episodes are on SoundCloud though

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Victory Position posted:

Trillbillies definitely earn the “most likely to end up political prisoners over a podcast rant” award

Serf
May 5, 2011

Centrist Committee posted:

Trillbillies definitely earn the “most likely to end up political prisoners over a podcast rant” award

tom's comment that if leftists were serious we'd be [beep]ing ice agents was too real

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Serf posted:

tom's comment that if leftists were serious we'd be [beep]ing ice agents was too real

And true

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
nice

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Serf posted:

you first comrade

It's not the ICE agents themselves, it's everything and everyone who made them into people who would want to be ICE agents*

*anyone who hasn't already quit is choosing to do so imo

Serf
May 5, 2011

T-man posted:

you first comrade

It's not the ICE agents themselves, it's everything and everyone who made them into people who would want to be ICE agents*

*anyone who hasn't already quit is choosing to do so imo

i'm actually good with waiting for the mass uprising, but sure

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
new Michael and Us episode is a pretty great takedown of Christopher Hitchens circa 2004

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Barry Convex posted:

new Michael and Us episode is a pretty great takedown of Christopher Hitchens circa 2004

i was big into hitchens when i was a nerd logic 18 year old, thank god i discovered speed and the exiled tbh

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
i still think a podcast equivalent of the trump thread would be good, gently caress you guys

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Finicums Wake posted:

i still think a podcast equivalent of the trump thread would be good, gently caress you guys

a trump thread podcast would be an hour of taoc the wodner dog with more talking and less musical talent

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I think the RSS feed cuts out after a certain number of episodes, a lot of podcasts have the same problem

All the episodes are on SoundCloud though

smh at people who don't download podcast episodes and save them to an external hard drive

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!

Barry Convex posted:

they impersonate altered throat mucousal cell DNA?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

he nailed my thought process completely. i gotta pretend to give a poo poo about bernie sanders when all i can think about is how come theres arrest and arraignment records but not deportation records and getting a sinking sense of dread over that

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

a trump thread podcast would be an hour of taoc the wodner dog with more talking and less musical talent

a good reason to bring back Fidel and the Castronauts, but not Fidel Castronaut

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The street fight/party world rasslin show was great

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Shakenbaker posted:

But Terrance has been on a tear lately about how they're clearly upper-middle class bourgeois! They got all those fancy degrees and high paying jobs! They're management!

This bit annoyed the piss out of me, I can't remember what the conclusion was on the concept but I remember being satisfied by the end of it. Plus there was this tweet later

https://twitter.com/tarenceray/status/1184552359109767174?s=19

It's like, I love how chill trillbillies is but stuff like the pmc debate makes me wish they'd read a skosh more before recording. I love their analysis when they have, but "garbage in, garbage out" really holds true

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

slicing up eyeballs posted:

This bit annoyed the piss out of me, I can't remember what the conclusion was on the concept but I remember being satisfied by the end of it. Plus there was this tweet later

https://twitter.com/tarenceray/status/1184552359109767174?s=19

It's like, I love how chill trillbillies is but stuff like the pmc debate makes me wish they'd read a skosh more before recording. I love their analysis when they have, but "garbage in, garbage out" really holds true

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He was just saying that its OK to ally with the working class, but you need to be honest about yourself, and that your own class interests are different, even if its slight. Speaking as an actual working class person from a crumbling lumber town, we always have liberals presenting themselves as an aw shucks style country boy but they're always like, old money Stanford graduates. I cant speak for everyone but I'm always very suspicious the second someone says they're working class and isnt obviously poor. My first instinct is that they're trying to grift me.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I think Tarence just has a sort of contrarian impulse.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I think Tarence just has a sort of contrarian impulse.

the mark of the podcaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I'm starting to think that people are using PMC to mean something besides private military company