Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

HauntedRobot posted:

Just don't use thiscatdoesnotextist.com to post your cat pictures because, wow

It can't be tha--

:psyduck:

[this is already a cat snipe, allegedly]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

BURN IT WITH FIIRRRREEEE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST SAY :gonk:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what do you have against that very nice cat

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
looks... ok?

ed: garfield noooo

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 18, 2019

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It’s incorrect anatomical makeup and the fact that it has absorbed the child like a monster from the thing.

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

Rarity posted:

WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST SAY :gonk:

I am so sorry.

Changing the subject, a friend of mine overheard an elderly couple on his more than usually packed commute this morning "there seem to be an awful lot of young people on this train". He couldn't see if it was XR or PV but it did get me thinking, do they coordinate so they don't inadvertently blockade their own protesters from getting into the capital?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Niric posted:

It can't be tha--

:psyduck:

[this is already a cat snipe, allegedly]

Kitty :3:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

It’s incorrect anatomical makeup and the fact that it has absorbed the child like a monster from the thing.

Well yeah that's what cats do

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

HauntedRobot posted:

Just don't use thiscatdoesnotextist.com to post your cat pictures because, wow

http://thiscatdoesnotexist.com (speeling!)

I see nothing wrong here.

E: Every goon has the exact same idea and the thread is flooding with cthulian horrors for the next ten pages. A finger curls and the 'dear god no more crispchat' wish is completed.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 18, 2019

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RockyB posted:

http://thiscatdoesnotexist.com (speeling!)

I see nothing wrong here.

l o n g b o y e

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
For every cat that doesn't exist you post, I'm going to post a waifu that doesn't exist

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Niric posted:

There are many unanswered questions surrounding Pissflaps's posting in UKMT.

For the past two minutes I've been investigating one of the more bizarre of them: who is Pissflaps and is he even real?
None of us are real, this thread is all happening in the dying moments of a graphing calculator at the back of your stuff drawer.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

not this loving derail ag--

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

For every cat that doesn't exist you post, I'm going to post a waifu that doesn't exist

that's more like it, carry on

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

None of us are real, this thread is all happening in the dying moments of a graphing calculator at the back of your stuff drawer.

pissflapsdoesnotexist.com

[generates post whining about corbyn]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

RockyB posted:

E: Every goon has the exact same idea and the thread is flooding with cthulian horrors for the next ten pages. A finger curls and the 'dear god no more crispchat' wish is completed.
Let's not and just say that we did.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

quote:

every page visit or refresh, JS will load 1 of 100,000 random 1024px anime face generated by a StyleGAN neural network & upscaled by waifu2x.
What a world we live in.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I like this theory.

Tesseraction posted:

pissflapsdoesnotexist.com

[generates post whining about corbyn]
Jeremy Corbyn must step down as leader of the Labour party because he is not fit for the job, a motion by the Labour left group the Momentum group has tabled in the Labour conference.

In the motion, written by Momentum's national steering committee member, Emma Reynolds, it says Corbyn is unfit to lead due to "his role in undermining and dividing the party and the labour movement", the Guardian reports.

Labour's leader has lost the support of the general secretary of the GMB union since he was elected earlier this month, with the group saying he has been unable to respond to attacks on the union in recent weeks. He has also faced claims that his position on Brexit gives him "special privileges" for the party.

Corbyn has faced increased pressure to replace Corbyn after he failed in his efforts to secure the support of enough MPs to prevent an even more disastrous defeat during Wednesday night's vote.

The former Labour MP Yvette Cooper, who lost her position as shadow home secretary in the vote, has said Labour would rather lose a leadership contest than split the party.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Floofy little cat ball :3:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Actual cat for semi palate cleanse. He is helping with my work this afternoon.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What you are experiencing right now is nothing but a dream...

https://m.soundcloud.com/anjunadeep/the-anjunadeep-edition-263-with-martin-roth-live-at-explorations-june-2019

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 18, 2019

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
T...tiddles? What happened to y- oh god it's coming right for me

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

sebzilla posted:

Floofy little cat ball :3:

the trouble with tiddles

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

CGI Stardust posted:

ed: garfield noooo

Van Gogh's cat?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Putting Guardian CiF headlines into AI is amusing.

quote:

Labour’s nationalisation plans should be debated – but not with misleading figures.

On his first day in Westminster, Mr Corbyn stood to condemn austerity. The only problems that a rightwinger has with cutting public spending and cutting the social sector is that it causes too much suffering. You would never know that from reading the comments section of this column.

For example, an MP who calls for a "rebalancing" of the state towards the market – one who wants businesses to pay more tax – would probably not be a member of the SNP or Lib Dems.

But Labour's policy of increasing corporation tax, which would cut revenue by £10.5bn, is widely accepted as one of the party's most important policies. So what happens to the £10bn that would otherwise have been raised?

Well it turns out that many of those who want to cut the budget share the view that the money should go to benefit the lower income households and children that people live with. That would include the people of Scotland – the people that will have more disposable income in the next Parliament – and the people who have made the most of their time over here – not to worry about them losing their jobs, to help them to find work or to pay the bills they have for the next 12 or 16 years.

"And I know that the Scots will appreciate that it will also be the most efficient way of dealing with the long-term challenges the UK faces, from economic growth to our security and the role of diplomacy with the world."

The Independent has launched its #FinalSay campaign to demand that voters are given a voice on the final Brexit deal.

Sign our petition here.

Someone get me a newspaper job.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

CGI Stardust posted:

the trouble with tiddles

Lol

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Niric posted:

^^^ :argh:

Not casting aspersions on UKMT's literary knowledge, but it's possibly more well known from The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode

The finger-curling when you make a wish also isn't in the short story I think, that detail's from the Simpsons.

The Simpsons version is also way better, the shortstory is kind of straightforward and too obvious. Maybe it's just aged badly, because it comes off like a low-effort Twilight Zone.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The finger-curling when you make a wish also isn't in the short story I think, that detail's from the Simpsons.

The Simpsons version is also way better, the shortstory is kind of straightforward and too obvious. Maybe it's just aged badly, because it comes off like a low-effort Twilight Zone.

That's generally true when people have been adapting your style for decades.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Maybe it's just aged badly, because it comes off like a low-effort Twilight Zone.

This is true of pretty much any 'naive' media looked at again from a modern perspective. Stuff has been chopped and rehashed and analysed so many times in the last hundred years that nothing ever feels fresh without at least seven layers of meta-ironic decomposition. There's probably entire reams of self published erotica on amazon spun off from the most basic short story from the 1900s, just look at what Lord of the Rings caused.

Anyway, so parliament isn't sitting and nothing is happening until Saturday? Got to keep the thread ticking over until tomorrow somehow I guess.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ah, finally some good news in UKMT.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CGI Stardust posted:

ah, glad to see a company employing Alice, Bob, and Eve

also

I mean I know what penetration testing is and I still giggle about it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/johnjohnstonmi/status/1185203037423525888

guess he hasn't been having as much luck as he wanted with the ERG

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Just don't start talking about cryptographic nonces.

To add some actual content, someone at the guardian has run the 'new' withdrawal act through a diff tool:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2019/oct/18/how-much-johnson-great-new-deal-actually-new

Graundiad posted:

As MPs prepare to vote on Boris Johnson’s EU withdrawal agreement, Guardian analysis shows that less than 5% of the original deal has been renegotiated, despite it being rejected by parliament three times.

Only 15 core pages of the original 293-page withdrawal agreement are related to the controversial protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland – commonly referred to as the Irish backstop. This is the only part of the withdrawal agreement that has been renegotiated

So yes, this really is meaningful vote number four. De Pfeffel has to be trying to get this voted down so he can declare an instant no deal.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the idea that the police screaming at him is all they've come up with as a solution.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I know what penetration testing is and I still giggle about it.

We had a very serious sit down meeting about get the £40K invoice for penetration testing signed off with out CEO and it still made everyone giggle somewhat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What you need is a little dongle (:v:) with a button on it that plays bow chicka wow wow music for like 2 seconds, and you press it every time someone says penetration.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

"Penetration testing" is objectively hilarious, especially when you fail

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I penetration tested your mum and the bill was more than that

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Wachter posted:

"Penetration testing" is objectively hilarious, especially when you fail

Especially when it's measured in 'man hours'. I'll take 60 man hours of penetration testing please.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

RockyB posted:

This is true of pretty much any 'naive' media looked at again from a modern perspective. Stuff has been chopped and rehashed and analysed so many times in the last hundred years that nothing ever feels fresh without at least seven layers of meta-ironic decomposition.
A bit like how people watching Seinfeld for the first time in the 2010s think that it's all so unoriginal and overdone, because it invented half the stuff that got done to death subsequently. Same with the Scream movies and slasher flicks.

RockyB posted:

There's probably entire reams of self published erotica on amazon spun off from the most basic short story from the 1900s
Pounded in the Boat by the Darkness that lurks within the heart of every man.

Aramoro posted:

Especially when it's measured in 'man hours'. I'll take 60 man hours of penetration testing please.
Is that one guy for 60 hours or 60 guys for an hour, because that's going to play out very differently.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Critical update from top men:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it usually involves two or three guys with an assortment of bump keys and costumes.

Which sounds like a good time to me.