Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
For what it’s worth, CSGO performance has consistently gone downhill, so it may not be anything on your end. I remember getting like 400-500 fps on my 6770k when I bought it, now I’m lucky to hit 250 fps on a 10 person server. The directional sound related updates in particular made things worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wow I haven't played in awhile but vertigo seems like garbage now I liked it before

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arzachel posted:

Re-pasting the CPU cooler is probably also worth doing if you feel up for it.

Probably what I'm going to have to do next, as giving my computer a thorough dusting didn't seem to do anything. At this point, though,

Smol posted:

For what it’s worth, CSGO performance has consistently gone downhill, so it may not be anything on your end. I remember getting like 400-500 fps on my 6770k when I bought it, now I’m lucky to hit 250 fps on a 10 person server. The directional sound related updates in particular made things worse.

This is probably the more likely issue along with my outdated CPU, as I started replaying DOOM 2016, and even its running more smoothly than CS:GO. Thanks Valve.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just checked my specs cause i couldnt remember what my cpu was

intel core 2 duo 2.80 ghz

lol

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

ArmZ posted:

wow I haven't played in awhile but vertigo seems like garbage now I liked it before

that’s just called growing up

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Macnult posted:

that’s just called growing up

gently caress :negative:

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
New cache still gives me insane fps drops on quad on a.... Z...... Pretty much everywhere.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
i'm shameless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3yHg-xmcjg

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
This kinda dropped out of no where.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Nv--NOU2k

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing since 1.6 off and on, and have gotten back on the CS wagon lately. As someone who has never watched a twitch stream or an esport in their life, is there some sort of primer or history or who's who on the pro scene I could read to get up to speed and join in on the spectator fun?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Zohn posted:

I've been playing since 1.6 off and on, and have gotten back on the CS wagon lately. As someone who has never watched a twitch stream or an esport in their life, is there some sort of primer or history or who's who on the pro scene I could read to get up to speed and join in on the spectator fun?

The post above yours, mate

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The lack of VP in that video is kinda weird

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

mcvey posted:

The lack of VP in that video is kinda weird

True. Didn't think about it when I was watching it. But there was some Pasha Biceps. They also didn't mention like any of the underdog stuff that happens and what makes it more interesting imo. Watching the Astralis era is kind boring when they are just destroying everyone with nade usage before the round really begins. I mean it's impressive I can appreciate it but no one has and answer for how to deal with it.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
It's not like they've won everything this year, not by a longshot. I missed it live so I went back and watched their d2 match against FaZe last night. I personally think it's extremely entertaining to watch an utter demolition of another top team like FaZe. There were like 3 competitive rounds out of 16 in total, including the last two that magisk and device clutched to firmly crush FaZe's spirits. Astralis are just so well drilled I find it incredible to watch.

Edit: also Device's flick onto coldzera after a run boost in round 6 is disgusting. He nails him before he hits the ground.

Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 12, 2019

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Keeping things transparent.

In honor of Valve's new policy on transparency and creating conflicts of interest, and to keep an open path of communication, I hereby wish to inform everyone on sub.io that jimbob is my bitch, has always been my bitch, and will continue to be my bitch from hereon to eternity.

Thank you.

jim bob
Apr 7, 2009

Love is over.
Your post is as bad as your calls, game sense, and hearing.

e: https://streamable.com/vlu9c

jim bob fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 13, 2019

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

jim bob posted:

Your post is as bad as your calls, game sense, and hearing.

e: https://streamable.com/vlu9c

100% rng

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

Zohn posted:

hltv.org is pretty good for news and tournament schedules. For bigger tournaments they publish a viewer's guide with the teams involved and what to look for from each one.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://counter-strike.net/shatteredweb

https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2019/11/26310/

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

what the gently caress is that

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I want that Woman CT but apparently it is fifty bux?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Getting real tired of being a bridesmaid because of Astralis.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Astralis boys we out here

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://twitter.com/CSGO/status/1202707864587915264?s=20

dust1 remake + drawing on map confirmed??

i've always felt that maps like dust1 and aztec were most of the way to being totally competitively viable, just need Valve(or someone) to clean them up that last 25%.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Eh, they'd be better off with a totally different map than D1. The amount of changes necessary would be pretty severe. Aztec too has some pretty major issues. D1 suffers from a major amount of wasted space, almost 50% of the map is essentially useless. Add onto the fact that CT's have an insane timing advantage in securing the bombsites and T's must funnel down either tiny corridors or into a super disadvantageous killing field through the underpass. It was bad enough in previous versions of CS, add in modern mollies and smokes and it's just not competitively viable.

Tunnels would have to look completely different, there would need to be some major changes to underpass and a way to realistically get up into the alleys that would allow you to flank B without getting completely dumped on. As it is, B site may as well not exist.

As for Aztec, it's kind of cool with its weird height dynamic, but it suffers pretty badly from the same funneling into super CT sided engagements. Of course, there are other maps where CT's have similar advantages in site defending, but both Aztec and D1 have the critical flaw in that it is possible to defend both sites as a CT from the same position. Rotation times are totally game breaking competitively speaking.

If you look at Inferno, often talked about as the true pro's pro map, yes it funnels CTs into problematic areas. But the CT rotations are extremely long, and T's have options in middle to go into CT, flank behind A site and so on. On Inferno, you need 4 players minimum to hold every possible avenue of attack. On Aztec and D1, that number is 2, potentially 3. And the rotations are probably twice as fast or worse.

Tweaks can do a lot of work for big CT biased maps, i.e. Nuke, but even Nuke which I think has been fixed up pretty well is still the most CT imbalanced map. Aztec and D1 were even more imbalanced than Nuke, and the changes needed are much more significant in my view. Would be nice if they had the wherewithal to commission a completely new map and prove the game isn't abandonware in that regard. Or somehow got tuscan/mill back.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Mouz are hitting fuckin SHOTS. Ropz is a robot. Karrigan gets more kills flashed than when he's aiming.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Mouse delivers the coveted 16-0 dumpster on Evil Geniuses.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Someone(fnatic) please beat astralis

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

mcvey posted:

Someone(fnatic) please beat astralis

They won't win major titles unless JW's bullshit solo pushes are working. I swear I'm surprised they win matches when I watch him throw numerous rounds with ill conceived solo plays.

Crimson fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 7, 2019

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Crimson posted:

They won't win major titles unless JW's bullshit solo pushes are working. I swear I'm surprised they win matches when I watch him throw numerous rounds with I'll conceived solo plays.

:getin:

get guardian off of NaVi asap

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Astral about to... lose?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Thank you mousesports. Fnatic v mouz bo5 tomorrow should be excellent.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Holy poo poo, what a series. Need mouz to sweep the Swedes.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

96 rounds over three maps, jesus.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

that's the only series I had time to tune into and goddamn, that was wild. i thought for sure astralis had it wrapped up on dust2

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

RIP Fnatic

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mImyJRyLv8Q

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Karrigan sure talks a lot

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Well, here we go again. Liquid and Astralis. I'm starting to question if I should watch these matches anymore as a Liquid fan.
Edit: sigh

sterster fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMeBYw9A00

this AWPing thing is kind of fun.