Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Credit and credit scoring is a scam by the rich to keep the poor man down. Revolt against credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just assume my personal info is in the hands of anyone who wants it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zwabu posted:

Yeah movement has to start somewhere. Sure, Trump should have been denied at the RNC. But here we are. The appearance of Mitt and Rooney trying baby steps into these positions is a significant and necessary step. I don't think you're going to have the Lindsey Grahams all clamoring to vote for impeachment over one night.

i don't think graham ever will. a bunch of senate types will turn on him at some point. probably romney first.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just assume my personal info is in the hands of anyone who wants it.

same. i am just thankfull most of its for dumb ads and spam.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185277957436248065?s=20

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Voter suppression mastermind-extraordinaire Kasich worrying over the integrity of elections is pretty loving rich.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Stickman posted:

Kasich worrying over the integrity of elections is pretty loving rich.

He must have overseen tons of gerrymandering as Governor right?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Daniel does not function like a normal human being. He can’t.

hes canadian

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Yeah, I have a credit monitoring service and I constantly get alerts about my info being on the dark web. No poo poo, loving everyone's is now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Stickman posted:

Voter suppression mastermind-extraordinaire Kasich worrying over the integrity of elections is pretty loving rich.

Are you thinking of Kobach?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

Don't buy anything ever. Almost everything you need can be made from hemp.
It's a little old, but I recommend the documentary series Gilligan's Island, which demonstrates the construction of a polygraph, a record player, and a Geiger counter from coconuts and bamboo.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He must have overseen tons of gerrymandering as Governor right?

He more or less wrote the current voter suppression handbook. E: +purges

haveblue posted:

Are you thinking of Kobach?

He's bad as well, but Kasich was also absolutely terrible.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 18, 2019

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Pollyanna posted:

Credit and credit scoring is a scam by the rich to keep the poor man down. Revolt against credit.

It is important for certain industries but they could do a lot better at protecting our information.

But without it you would blow a couple useful industries up until they figure out an alternative. Like no more subsidized iPhones on two year contracts, for example, because there is no way to verify if someone can be trusted to pay off that $1000 piece of hardware.

Most of the problems with the credit industry have nothing to do with scoring companies like Equifax, to be honest. They are a convenient piñata but they are not the real problem.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Well then he's not a human being.

(I kid, I kid)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Well then he's not a human being.

(I kid, I kid)

I meant to quote the guy calling him a national treasure

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
And they wondered why people were far more eager to take the cash payout from the settlement than the free credit monitoring.

When people perceive your service as having negative value, no amount of sticker price savings will convince them to take it.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

That’s perfect because at the end of the day he can go to his hotel, pour himself some Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye, watch some curling, and rock himself to sleep knowing that the future of his country is only slightly at stake.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tarezax posted:

And they wondered why people were far more eager to take the cash payout from the settlement than the free credit monitoring.

When people perceive your service as having negative value, no amount of sticker price savings will convince them to take it.

i'm not in it for the monitoring, i'm in it for the insurance payout when they inevitably gently caress up and give my personal information to Igor Trustworthyovich

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Slowpoke! posted:

It is important for certain industries but they could do a lot better at protecting our information.

But without it you would blow a couple useful industries up until they figure out an alternative. Like no more subsidized iPhones on two year contracts, for example, because there is no way to verify if someone can be trusted to pay off that $1000 piece of hardware.

Most of the problems with the credit industry have nothing to do with scoring companies like Equifax, to be honest. They are a convenient piñata but they are not the real problem.

All 3 companies should be nationalized and forcibly merged.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:smith:

https://twitter.com/levinecarrie/status/1185273563743428608

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Can't wait to throw this right back in their stupid loving faces when they lose next year

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

BonoMan posted:

Can't wait to throw this right back in their stupid loving faces when they lose next year

I personally can't wait to throw "Elections have consequences" in the face of a few Chuds.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

A lot of outlet centers are like that, we have one here in NC

Yeah, and none of them had the public turn on him like this thing. This is still the clearest, most easily communicated crime out of the bunch, and one for which there is STILL no real spin, almost a month later.

It's not an outlet mall though. Both that I mentioned previously tend to cater to an upscale crowd. The St John's town center in Jacksonville has a Tesla store for example.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Slowpoke! posted:

The real problem is that wealth is so utterly skewed that people don't have the ability to buy a nice phone in a single transaction to begin with. Credit is a lovely rotten band-aid attempting to cover the festering wound of astounding wealth inequality.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dapper_Swindler posted:

possibly. i feel like he probably would have done it anyway.

I'm saying if they started it a month or two earlier they might have built up enough steam to have him removed already

gently caress SNEEP posted:

She's not the only person who has to agree to start an impeachment inquiry. She can't do it on her own. How do you still not understand this?

She literally is and she literally was the only person holding back an official inquiry.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Slowpoke! posted:

Selling $1000 phones to people, financed with a two year payment plan, is not a useful industry.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm saying if they started it a month or two earlier they might have built up enough steam to have him removed already
He's almost certain to not be removed NOW, with the Ukraine scandal providing clear, obvious evidence of a crime. Why do you think he'd have been removed without it?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

He's almost certain to not be removed NOW, with the Ukraine scandal providing clear, obvious evidence of a crime. Why do you think he'd have been removed without it?

One, I was clearly talking about a hypothetical that had a greater than zero chance of preventing a genocide, so imo one worth considering. Two, the administration is so obviously corrupt with crimes pouring out any time they get anyone in front of congress that there's no way they weren't going to find obvious improprieties pretty much at the same pace as they have since the Ukraine stuff.

My real point is that trying to make the perfectly triangulated political play in this case had a pretty horrific human cost as Trump's inhumane policies continued to take a toll the entire time it was slow-walked.

Also, we're barely two weeks in and republicans are already breaking with their party to condemn trump for being obviously corrupt as hell. That he has a real chance of being removed from office is basically a mainstream position now

Ironically while the Ukraine stuff was the obviously impeachable stuff, the Kurd/Syria stuff is what might get him removed from office because it's so bad in a way that is actually bipartisan. House voted 354 to 60 to condemn what the president is doing.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 18, 2019

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hillary Clinton appears to suggest Russians are 'grooming' Tulsi Gabbard for third-party run posted:

(CNN)Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton said Thursday the Russians are currently "grooming" a Democrat running in the presidential primary to run as a third-party candidate and champion their interests.

The comment appears to be directed at Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who has been accused of being cozy with Russia in the past.
"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, speaking on a podcast with former Obama adviser David Plouffe. "She's the favorite of the Russians."

"If the nesting doll fits," Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said when asked if the former secretary of state was referring to Gabbard.

"This is not some outlandish claim. This is reality," Merrill said. "If the Russian propaganda machine, both their state media and their bot and troll operations, is backing a candidate aligned with their interests, that is just a reality, it is not speculation."

:wtc: Hillary gently caress off already

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He was confirmed 79-17 to his post as deputy energy secretary and was probably doing most of the work anyway as I don't imagine Perry is much of a worker. So probably nothing crazy from him

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So is it this dude’s responsibility to figure out what to do with those nukes in Turkey?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

DARPA posted:

Selling $1000 phones to people, financed with a two year payment plan, is not a useful industry.

Iphones wouldn't be $1k if people couldn't finance them.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
What's really annoying about that Hilldog drivel is that she's probably right about Gabbard being a useful idiot at best (for both the Russians and Modi!), but she didn't actually cite any proof or anything, so it just sounds like sour grapes from an rear end in a top hat who should just shut up and go away.

qmark
Nov 21, 2005

College Slice

Sulphagnist posted:

:laffo: at Kasich saying he might get some heat for calling for impeachment. He just guaranteed constant media appearances for himself, and a rush of adoration from the hashtag resistance and the Never Trumpers. He wants to be the new John McCain.

He's burnishing his credentials for the Democratic nomination. :shepface:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Herstory Begins Now posted:

One, I was clearly talking about a hypothetical that had a greater than zero chance of preventing a genocide, so imo one worth considering. Two, the administration is so obviously corrupt with crimes pouring out any time they get anyone in front of congress that there's no way they weren't going to find obvious improprieties pretty much at the same pace as they have since the Ukraine stuff.
I literally don't think it did. Before Ukraine, I think there was an effectively 0% chance that his removal was in the cards. I wanted him to be impeached to annoy the poo poo out of him, but the stress of it may literally be what caused him to do this extremely dumb thing.

And in the 3 weeks it's been going on, what have they found that isn't Ukraine related? Nothing that I've seen. You're layering assumption on assumption.

quote:

My real point is that trying to make the perfectly triangulated political play in this case had a pretty horrific human cost as Trump's inhumane policies continued to take a toll the entire time it was slow-walked.
Yeah, but you don't have anything but speculation to argue otherwise.

quote:

Also, we're barely two weeks in and republicans are already breaking with their party to condemn trump for being obviously corrupt as hell. That he has a real chance of being removed from office is basically a mainstream position now
Because of Ukraine.

quote:

Ironically while the Ukraine stuff was the obviously impeachable stuff, the Kurd/Syria stuff is what might get him removed from office because it's so bad in a way that is actually bipartisan. House voted 354 to 60 to condemn what the president is doing.
You are undermining your own point here.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
:hmbol:

Yea sure yall this will totally smooth it over.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1185272587561132033?s=20

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ummel posted:

Iphones wouldn't be $1k if people couldn't finance them.

They might still be that price but they'd sell less of them and we can't have that!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

I literally don't think it did. Before Ukraine, I think there was an effectively 0% chance that his removal was in the cards. I wanted him to be impeached to annoy the poo poo out of him, but the stress of it may literally be what caused him to do this extremely dumb thing.

And in the 3 weeks it's been going on, what have they found that isn't Ukraine related? Nothing that I've seen. You're layering assumption on assumption.

Yeah, but you don't have anything but speculation to argue otherwise.

Because of Ukraine.

You are undermining your own point here.

lol if you think Trump only makes dumb decisions because he was under pressure, dude is stupid as all gently caress and he's been making catastrophic, unforced foreign policy blunders, literally since day one when he ended American support for Ukrainian anti-Russian efforts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
:shuckyes: It is the consumer who benefits from the upgrade cycle and planned obsolescence of consumer electronics sold through usury schemes with EULAs that legally fleece your data and disallow you from entering into a class action. :shuckyes: