Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I really don't see a good reason not to give up a 5th rounder or whatever it's gonna take to get Sanders.

If it was a 5th? Sure.

Other GMs know the Packers need a WR badly. They won't give up a WR for cheap. AJ Green is probably a second-rounder at minimum, Sanders or Golden Tate or someone else in that category will be a third or a fourth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
A third or fourth is also fine. We could have had Marshawn Lynch for a third in 2010.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

We should do the Belichik move: trade a 5th for a WR in the last year of his contract, let him tear up the league, and get a 3rd round comp pick.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A third or fourth is also fine. We could have had Marshawn Lynch for a third in 2010.

Marshawn was also much younger than the WRs we're looking at. A third for a 24-year-old Marshawn was amazing value.

AJ Green is 31 and giving up a mid-high draft pick for 10 games (plus playoffs) of Green is not good value no matter how you look at it, unless you think AJ Green is the difference between a divisional round exit and a Super Bowl victory, which he very well could be.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Or Randy Moss for a 3rd in 2007.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Marshawn was also much younger than the WRs we're looking at. A third for a 24-year-old Marshawn was amazing value.

AJ Green is 31 and giving up a mid-high draft pick for 10 games (plus playoffs) of Green is not good value no matter how you look at it, unless you think AJ Green is the difference between a divisional round exit and a Super Bowl victory, which he very well could be.

Aj green is still a top wr op so yeah its worth it

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I really think they should go all in. Rodgers is as good as he'll ever be.

Is Jace gonna be any good at TE?

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

Rodgers' stats make him look bad when really his receivers are dropping very catchable balls constantly.

Jimmy Graham looks like a sloth out there too and he can't catch either. I really don't know how literally any younger TE isn't immediately an upgrade.

The one they drafted got hurt

e: I should have read the last post.

Leon Einstein posted:

I really think they should go all in. Rodgers is as good as he'll ever be.

Is Jace gonna be any good at TE?

Caught 50 passes and 10 TD's and was a consensus all american so he should be better than Jimmy Graham

Shats Basoon fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 17, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions get Tra Carson.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Metapod posted:

Aj green is still a top wr op so yeah its worth it

I love AJ green but he hasn't been super good since 2016. Injury prone, wrong side of 30? That screams of a 3rd or 4th round pick. Let someone else overpay for him

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

adaz posted:

I love AJ green but he hasn't been super good since 2016. Injury prone, wrong side of 30? That screams of a 3rd or 4th round pick. Let someone else overpay for him

Agreed. The way the WRs have been getting beat up, we'd be lucky if he lasted 2 games.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Edit: oops wrong thread.

Edit2: A thread appropriate song about Aaron Rodgers for you all to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNoNujocG8

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 18, 2019

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
This year seems pretty wide open, and that 3rd or 4th rounder is probably not going to tank the franchise, so gently caress it, get AJ Green on a rental and see what happens.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

wtf is this nonsense.

Stay to the end, go to a bar afterwards and party with the locals until traffic dies down.

This is the route to go. You can either spend time stuck in traffic or spend time postgaming. It'll end up being about the same amount of time to get home either way, might as well have more fun than sit in a car. Football tickets are too drat expensive and there's too few games to leave early.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Bengals aren’t trading Green. Brown doesn’t operate in that way.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

This is the route to go. You can either spend time stuck in traffic or spend time postgaming. It'll end up being about the same amount of time to get home either way, might as well have more fun than sit in a car. Football tickets are too drat expensive and there's too few games to leave early.

Got surprise club level tickets for this weekend against the Raiders, and we came to this consensus. Watch some of the afternoon games at a bar until traffic dies down.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

wtf is this nonsense.

Stay to the end, go to a bar afterwards and party with the locals until traffic dies down.

Yeah it's really important to go max out your alcohol before driving

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah it's really important to go max out your alcohol before driving

Look at this guy who's never gone to a wisconsin event of any kind.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Do not encourage illegal behavior, even in jest. Especially DUI.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I went to my first NFL game this last MNF and was surprised to hear that your first two DUIs in WI are decriminalized offenses, like speeding tickets.

New Glarus beer was pretty dope.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Anti-Hero posted:

I went to my first NFL game this last MNF and was surprised to hear that your first two DUIs in WI are decriminalized offenses, like speeding tickets.

New Glarus beer was pretty dope.

Yeah, it's a huge problem here unfortunately.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Downside to the state being so sparsely populated and extremely limited public transit in cities.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I live in Alaska with similar problems and DUIs are highly stigmatized and carry jail time and fines in excess of $10k on your first offense. Why hasn’t WI gone a similar route? I’m genuinely curious.

Madison and Milwaukee were fantastic places to visit. Definitely what I would consider big cultural centers given where I’m from, which I’m sure sounds weird to someone from like Chicago.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Anti-Hero posted:

I live in Alaska with similar problems and DUIs are highly stigmatized and carry jail time and fines in excess of $10k on your first offense. Why hasn’t WI gone a similar route? I’m genuinely curious.

Madison and Milwaukee were fantastic places to visit. Definitely what I would consider big cultural centers given where I’m from, which I’m sure sounds weird to someone from like Chicago.

Bar lobby. They threw an epic fit when the legal limit went from 0.10 to 0.08. Making DUIs harsher directly impacts their business.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

iospace posted:

Bar lobby. They threw an epic fit when the legal limit went from 0.10 to 0.08. Making DUIs harsher directly impacts their business.

I'd argue a huge portion of the state above the age of 40 would throw an enormous hissy fit if their were actual consequences to drunk driving.

Like my family personally are all lucky to be alive considering the numerous sports shows, boat shows, car shows, and brewer and bucks games we went to that our dad would get super tanked at and then drive back from milwaukee to kenosha county. That was normal and when I left the state and told people that they were incredulous. It's worse in northern wisconsin too during any hunting season.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 18, 2019

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

PneumonicBook posted:

I'd argue a huge portion of the state above the age of 40 would throw an enormous hissy fit if their were actual consequences to drunk driving.

Like my family personally are all lucky to be alive considering the numerous sports shows, boat shows, car shows, and brewer and bucks games we went to that our dad would get super tanked at and then drive back from milwaukee to kenosha county. That was normal and when I left the state and told people that they were incredulous. It's worse in northern wisconsin too during any hunting season.

Yeah. If you go Up North you have to understand that at least half of anyone on the road is probably drunk, and drive accordingly.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Bears should trade Mitch to the chiefs, he knows the system

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

mastershakeman posted:

Bears should trade Mitch to the chiefs, he knows the system

Mitch for an injured Mahomes straight up.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SKULL.GIF posted:

The problem being that most of the WRs realistically available to be traded are on the wrong side of 30 yet won't be obtained without draft capital. Giving up a mid-high pick for a couple years of AJ Green or Emmanuel Sanders is poor value -- but at the same time, if you think the team can go to the Super Bowl this year then you've got to do it.

I'd love to see AJ Green in Green Bay, although I think the Bengals would want a first rounder at minimum.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I could see Cincy going for a 2nd and 4th.

Aulden Tate, Boyd and John Ross are a decent enough receiving corps to run with, and it's not like getting AJ Green back will help them climb out of their what 0-5 hole considering their D is awful.

That being said, even if AJ Green comes back he I expect him to be last year in the NFL Dez Bryant ala just a big body you can throw to in the redzone and not much else.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Drunken snowmobilers are what I fear the most over other cars, deer and ex CIA agents in the Northwoods. God drat different planet up there.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

OxySnake posted:

I could see Cincy going for a 2nd and 4th.

Aulden Tate, Boyd and John Ross are a decent enough receiving corps to run with, and it's not like getting AJ Green back will help them climb out of their what 0-5 hole considering their D is awful.

That being said, even if AJ Green comes back he I expect him to be last year in the NFL Dez Bryant ala just a big body you can throw to in the redzone and not much else.

2nd and 4th could work, that's similar to a first round pick in value

I don't agree about Green though, he has great hands and before he got injured he actually still had decent speed too. He's always produced even on lackluster Bengals teams and he could give several teams a boost to their receiving. I think AJ Green's skills will age a lot better than Dez's did

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Mitch for an injured Mahomes straight up.

Yes I will trade a dumpster full of used diapers for the a mildly injured mvp quality qb

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I bet Andy could fix Mitch. He may not become MVP level but at least be a solid starter.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I bet Andy could fix Mitch. He may not become MVP level but at least be a solid starter.

why spend your time wrenching on a 1981 corolla when you could be wrenching on a Bugatti

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bip Roberts posted:

Yes I will trade a dumpster full of used diapers for the a mildly injured mvp quality qb

How dare you call Mahomes a dumpster full of used diapers?!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

iospace posted:

Bar lobby controls the state. There's more bars per capita in Wisconsin than anywhere else. When I lived in Wisconsin, there was literally always a bar within walking distance. You may live in a residential neighborhood, but some house on the corner will be converted to a bar.

When I moved to Illinois, I was shocked that there were no bars nearby where I lived. Like, you have to DRIVE to a bar. Eventually I quit drinking altogether.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LabyaMynora posted:

Bar lobby controls the state. There's more bars per capita in Wisconsin than anywhere else. When I lived in Wisconsin, there was literally always a bar within walking distance. You may live in a residential neighborhood, but some house on the corner will be converted to a bar.

When I moved to Illinois, I was shocked that there were no bars nearby where I lived. Like, you have to DRIVE to a bar. Eventually I quit drinking altogether.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1185306548391813120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Why didn't they fine Trey Flowers for repeatedly punching Bakhtiari in the face?

So sick of this league.